PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: Hornets Still Looking to Move Gordon

Spur|n|Austin
04-10-2013, 12:25 PM
The New Orleans Hornets were unable to pull off a trade of Eric Gordon before February's trade deadline, but that doesn't mean they are done shopping him.
The Hornets are still likely to remain open to trading him after this season ends, according to sources.
Gordon reportedly engaged in a confrontation with New Orleans coach Monty Williams during Friday night's game against the Utah Jazz.

Via John Reid/Times Picayune (http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2013/04/new_orleans_hornets_guard_eric_67.html)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227106/Sources-Hornets-Could-Look-To-Trade-Gordon-This-Summer (http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227106/Sources-Hornets-Could-Look-To-Trade-Gordon-This-Summer)

StrengthAndHonor
04-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I got a package.

Bledsoe, Crawford and DeAndre Jordan for Robin Lopez and Gordon.

Killakobe81
04-10-2013, 12:42 PM
LOL great cornerstone piece

whitemamba
04-10-2013, 12:49 PM
gordon sucks

Riddler
04-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Not the hero that BRCoon needs, but the one he deserves.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Monty Williams needs to go. Laker games aside, I've seen the Hornets blow so many 4th quarter leads. They have some talent there (obviously, missing pieces like a center and a better scoring SF) but this team lacks composure down the stretch. The first 3.5 quarters of a game are for free-lancing/flow/fastbreak based where they do pretty well. In the last 6 minutes of the game, it slows down, coaches call more timeouts, there's more free throws. That's when its all about running sets, executing plays, playing fundamental half-court defense, etc. This is where the Hornets crumble, and thats the sign of a coach. Plus I don't think he has the respect of a lot of the players. His questionable minutes to Anthony Davis early in the year also caught my eye. The dude has been producing like crazy since he's been getting his 35 minutes per game the last couple of months, but he was only getting roughly 20 per game earlier in the year and was still being productive.

Hate to bring up the stereotype, but that "black coach" thread rings true here.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I got a package.

Bledsoe, Crawford and DeAndre Jordan for Robin Lopez and Gordon.
Are you for real? Clippers aren't trading half the team for Sideshow Bob and Cornerstone...

LkrFan
04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Cornerstone is a Frontrunning faggot. 34-year old Kobe locked him down in det 2nd half (6 pts).

LkrFan
04-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Are you for real? Clippers aren't trading half the team for Sideshow Bob and Cornerstone...
:lol

Seventyniner
04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Decent player, but wildly overpaid. He's still young, though, and only 3 years on his contract, so teams will at least consider trading for him.

Juggity
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
why in the holy hell did they sign this loser?

Better to tank and get another chance at a higher pick this year than gamble on mediocre eric gordon.

Koolaid_Man
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Cornerstone is a Frontrunning faggot. 34-year old Kobe locked him down in det 2nd half (6 pts).

I'm not so sure man. I would trade him for Pau straight up and bring Nash off da bench.
I think he's giving half effort to spite the Pelicans for fucking over him last off-season.
Gordon in our line-up now ends the Westbrook and Tony Parker domination of our PG spot.

StrengthAndHonor
04-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Of course I'm for real. Lopez is better than DJ. He's the type of big you want if you want to win a championship. DJ and his 50% FT accuracy cannot be relied upon. Ill say under CP3's wings Lopez will flourish. Bledsoe is honestly overrated.

And Crawford? Ill take EG over him any freaking day.

Don't be fooled. Gordon is playing like an ass because he doesn't want to be with the Hornets.

StrengthAndHonor
04-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm not so sure man. I would trade him for Pau straight up and bring Nash off da bench.
I think he's giving half effort to spite the Pelicans for fucking over him last off-season.
Gordon in our line-up now ends the Westbrook and Tony Parker domination of our PG spot.

Any non Kobe loving faggot would actually take Gordon over Kobe too. Gordon and Nash would be the second coming of John Starks and Ewing in a Laker uni.

Koolaid_Man
04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Any non Kobe loving faggot would actually take Gordon over Kobe too. Gordon and Nash would be the second coming of John Starks and Ewing in a Laker uni.

fuck off white boy

Thread
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM

And both shall go ringless into the dust that is always the end.

Latarian Milton
04-10-2013, 08:31 PM
dude was mavs' plan B last summer and mavs will be right in the pursuit for him once he's available again, while showing mayo the door imho

BRHornet45
04-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Monty Williams needs to go. Laker games aside, I've seen the Hornets blow so many 4th quarter leads. They have some talent there (obviously, missing pieces like a center and a better scoring SF) but this team lacks composure down the stretch. The first 3.5 quarters of a game are for free-lancing/flow/fastbreak based where they do pretty well. In the last 6 minutes of the game, it slows down, coaches call more timeouts, there's more free throws. That's when its all about running sets, executing plays, playing fundamental half-court defense, etc. This is where the Hornets crumble, and thats the sign of a coach. Plus I don't think he has the respect of a lot of the players. His questionable minutes to Anthony Davis early in the year also caught my eye. The dude has been producing like crazy since he's been getting his 35 minutes per game the last couple of months, but he was only getting roughly 20 per game earlier in the year and was still being productive.

Hate to bring up the stereotype, but that "black coach" thread rings true here.

2013 post of the year candidate

couldn't have said it better myself.