PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Eric Gordon - once a b!tch, always a b!tch

BRHornet45
04-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Eric Gordon says Clippers lied to him about trade

“All you do is take the man’s word and take that he said that no one is going to go anywhere,” Gordon told Yahoo! Sports. “… To completely lie like that is something unprofessional.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_eric_gordon_chris_kaman_clippers_nba_010412

NBA's Hypocritical Hornet: What Comes Around Goes Around for Eric Gordon

While Gordon's complaints might be justified, University of Illinois head coach Bruce Weber must be having a laugh.

Gordon is guilty of the same behavior. Pot meet kettle.

In the fall of 2005, the 6'3" Gordon was a top five recruit from Indianapolis' North Central High School. The point guard verbally committed to Weber and the University of Illinois.

Gordon ranked first in the Class of 2007 according to Rivals.com and was considered by many to be Weber's prize recruit, who would put the Fighting Illini back in the national spotlight.

After honoring his oral commitment to Illinois for nearly a year, Gordon abruptly changed his mind on October 13, 2006. He signed a letter of intent to play basketball at Indiana University under recently named coach, Kelvin Sampson just weeks later.

With so little time left in the recruiting window, Illinois' recruiting class was left in shambles.

"If you have a kid [orally] committed, then for that eight or nine months you don't recruit anyone else," Bruce Weber told ESPN.

"So you lose all that time recruiting other kids, because you have one committed. Ask 98 percent of the coaches, and they'll tell you that they stop calling kids once they [orally commit]. We do. Most do it."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1015564-nbas-hypocritical-hornet-what-comes-around-goes-around-for-eric-gordon

Is Eric Gordon Using His Knee Injury to Angle for a Trade?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1397670-is-eric-gordon-using-his-knee-injury-to-angle-for-a-trade

Why do the Illinois basketball fans chant "liar" when Eric Gordon shoots a free throw?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080207194733AAtaPUj

Eric Gordon benched following confrontation with coach Monty Williams, may be traded this summer

Gordon is an undersized shooting guard that doesn’t offer much in terms of defense, rebounding, or passing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/eric-gordon-benched-following-confrontation-coach-monty-williams-144329727--nba.html

Eric Gordon's tactics are loveless, innovative and ultimately doomed

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-07-06/eric-gordon-suns-contract-new-orleans-hornets-chris-paul-trade-nba-free-agency

AussieFanKurt
04-10-2013, 11:38 PM
yes we know

lefty
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Stern didnt block that trade

Good basketball reasons IMO

whitemamba
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Stern didnt block that trade

Good basketball reasons IMO

:lol

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
one's personality is consolidated in his middle-school years. it's not like dude became a **** all of a sudden when he was drafted by clippers or traded to the pelicans tbh.

Thread
04-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Just thank Christ he didn't end up here. Him & Dragic woulda driven me nutty nuts. Fuck, I've dodged a number of such bullets. Curry & Lee for Amare was done. Finished and GS backed out after it was agreed on. I don't even want to think about it.

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2013, 02:30 AM
so hold on a minute, that college clown didnt recruit anyone else but betted the whole house on one player to come play for him?

dont colleges hand out scholarships like nothing to recruit athletes? they make it all back on tv deals and govt funding each year anyway? so whats he cryin about?

rayjayjohnson
04-11-2013, 06:12 AM
yes we know

Mori Chu
04-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Curry & Lee for Amare was done. Finished and GS backed out after it was agreed on. I don't even want to think about it.

Cubster - Damn, that trade would have been a flat out heist by my Suns. I seriously wanted that deal to happen so badly. Still sad about it being called off at the last moment by those G-State jerks.

Thread
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Cubster - Damn, that trade would have been a flat out heist by my Suns. I seriously wanted that deal to happen so badly. Still sad about it being called off at the last moment by those G-State jerks.

Honest to God. I was thinking about it further today: Move Gordon up front to SF. Run Goran & Curry in the backcourt, Lee at the PF and Biedrins at the Center. You were going to get him as well in that trade, and I believe Morrow as well.

I just wonder what happened. Gambo was lamenting it one day on his show and I sent an e-mail prompting him to explain exactly what happened and why it failed, but, he never uttered a word of information. He knows too, but, it's Top Secret for some damn reason. I'd just like to hear the story. You can bet it's something else.

racm
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Honest to God. I was thinking about it further today: Move Gordon up front to SF. Run Goran & Curry in the backcourt, Lee at the PF and Biedrins at the Center. You were going to get him as well in that trade, and I believe Morrow as well.

I just wonder what happened. Gambo was lamenting it one day on his show and I sent an e-mail prompting him to explain exactly what happened and why it failed, but, he never uttered a word of information. He knows too, but, it's Top Secret for some damn reason. I'd just like to hear the story. You can bet it's something else.

A 6'3"-6'3"-6'3" perimeter tandem? Wow, talk about midgetball (and I thought it was crazy when Pop ran Neal at SF for a bit).

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 09:35 PM
so hold on a minute, that college clown didnt recruit anyone else but betted the whole house on one player to come play for him?

dont colleges hand out scholarships like nothing to recruit athletes? they make it all back on tv deals and govt funding each year anyway? so whats he cryin about?

dude explained in the article why he didn't look to recruit any other athlete imho.