PDA

View Full Version : Nando the jinx

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Like I wrote before (see above) that as long as Nando plays we will keep losing. When he was playing in garbage time the Spurs had chemistry, they were connecting, and we played well on the offensive end of the ball. Now that Pop put him as TP's backup, everything has been downhill since. Manu, Boris, SJax, and Tony all injured. Our offense is not there, and our defense sucks. There is no chemistry. Also the Spurs are not use to playing with him, I've noticed the same pattern as before. Spurs fans, you may not like this but if Nando is in the Spurs playoff rotation - we WILL be KO'd in the first round. Nando played and now we're getting the two seed. Jinx strikes again.

And we have a lousy coach. With no hunger, drive, and doesn't make adjustments. I feel sorry for Timmy because he doesn't deserve a coach like Pop and a jinx like Nando. So I'll be back again when we go fishing in round 1 and then you can send Nando the jinx some french wine and Pop the lousy coach a free coupon to the dentist to fix his ugly yellow teeth. Ta ta.

chapnis
04-11-2013, 12:10 AM
0/10.

jermaine
04-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Trying the same thing over an over expecting different results is called what!?! Pop again a 7ftr sitting on the bench an Blair an Bonner on the court at the same time. Fucking pathetic

superjames1992
04-11-2013, 12:27 AM
This thread is awful.

Nando is better than the pathetic Cojo and Patty Cakes.

therealtruth
04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Trying the same thing over an over expecting different results is called what!?! Pop again a 7ftr sitting on the bench an Blair an Bonner on the court at the same time. Fucking pathetic

EVAY
04-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Like I wrote before (see above) that as long as Nando plays we will keep losing. When he was playing in garbage time the Spurs had chemistry, they were connecting, and we played well on the offensive end of the ball. Now that Pop put him as TP's backup, everything has been downhill since. Manu, Boris, SJax, and Tony all injured. Our offense is not there, and our defense sucks. There is no chemistry. Also the Spurs are not use to playing with him, I've noticed the same pattern as before. Spurs fans, you may not like this but if Nando is in the Spurs playoff rotation - we WILL be KO'd in the first round. Nando played and now we're getting the two seed. Jinx strikes again.

And we have a lousy coach. With no hunger, drive, and doesn't make adjustments. I feel sorry for Timmy because he doesn't deserve a coach like Pop and a jinx like Nando. So I'll be back again when we go fishing in round 1 and then you can send Nando the jinx some french wine and Pop the lousy coach a free coupon to the dentist to fix his ugly yellow teeth. Ta ta.

That's right. Compare playing backup with starting and saying he's a jinx when he starts. Brilliant. The fact that when he plays backup means we have our all-star point guard playing for us doesn't have anything to do with the fact that we usually win those games. And when he starts, it means it is because our all-star point guard, who is usually 20+ points for us, is NOT playing. Thanks for the analysis. Now we can all rest because we know that when Tony is out we lose because his back-up is a jinx. Wow.

EricB
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
This along with the shiny new toy syndrome everyone loves to have here is bordering on psychotically ridiculous.

Hoops Czar
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
That's right. Compare playing backup with starting and saying he's a jinx when he starts. Brilliant. The fact that when he plays backup means we have our all-star point guard playing for us doesn't have anything to do with the fact that we usually win those games. And when he starts, it means it is because our all-star point guard, who is usually 20+ points for us, is NOT playing. Thanks for the analysis. Now we can all rest because we know that when Tony is out we lose because his back-up is a jinx. Wow.

You haven't notice how bad the second unit is this year? When Parker's not running the point, the offense goes to hell. I'm sure it's all Ginobili's fault though.

EVAY
04-11-2013, 05:22 PM
You haven't notice how bad the second unit is this year? When Parker's not running the point, the offense goes to hell. I'm sure it's all Ginobili's fault though.

I have noticed. It is pretty hard not to notice. Of course it is not Ginobili's fault, and nothing I said suggested that it was. If you read it closely, you will notice that I was challenging the (idiotic, imo) assertion that DeColo is a jinx, and that his starting is why we lose games. My entire post's point was that it was the absence of Tony, not the presence of DeColo, that is responsible for us doing poorly when DeColo starts. I had put it blue but it didn't come out that way in the print. I have no idea why. Remember the part about missing the 20+ points that Tony puts up when De Colo is not starting?

I am one of Ginobili's biggest supporters. I think you misread or misinterpreted what I was saying.

hater
04-11-2013, 05:27 PM
This thread is awful.

Nando is better than the pathetic Cojo and Patty Cakes.

Cosign x 1000

and don't forget shit for brains Neal

EVAY
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Do you not remember when the second unit was doing quite well early in the season and everybody was so excited about how deep we were? What has changed since then? Two main things: one, Splitter was moved to the starting lineup (which thrilled everyone at the time because people were thrilled when we once again had twin towers; and two, Ginobili was feeding Splitter in the second unit.

For a while there Pop left either Duncan or Splitter on the floor at all times, and then our second unit still did well when Ginobili could feed Splitter on the pick and roll. Now, even when Pop keeps one of our big men on the floor at all times, without Ginobili in the second unit or Parker in the first, the offense sputters and Splitter just looks terrible.

DMC
04-11-2013, 06:08 PM
lol not realizing the blessing in disguise that is the 2nd seed.
lol mourning the regular season championship loss

spurraider21
04-11-2013, 08:25 PM
We all wanted CoJo to win the gig, but he got worse and worse with each start and still isn't assertive enough on offense. His defensive intensity seems to have slowed too. Nando is hitting his jumpers which is huge

pgardn
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Decapitation can lead to strange posts.

Jesus...

Louae
04-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't like Nando because he is careless with the ball, slow on defense, can't finish and is a generally soft player. Idrather have joseph or party mills out there rather than him.

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-12-2013, 04:43 PM
JINX strikes again. Boris w/ back issues out 3-4 weeks, now Jack has been waived. Spurs have gone downhill since he became a big part of the rotation. As long as he plays, bad things will continue to happen. When they do, I'll be back.

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Like I said before, another loss. I guess Nando keeps spreading venom all over the place. Did you see the turnovers he had? The guy panics and throws the ball without the guys being ready. Pop finally got a hair up his ass and pulled him out for CoJo. If he would have stuck with Cory in the beginning, and bench the jinx we would have had chance to win the game. I can see where this will lead during the playoffs, just imagine how awful the Spurs are going to be if he's TP's back up. I can see the Spurs going on vacation early thanks to him & Pop. Add this loss to my other predictions. Will be back when we loss tomorrow, and we will start the playoffs with a losing streak. Thanks to the jinx.

Johnny RIngo
04-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I always laughed at the people that compared Nando to Manu. Anyone's that's watched the French NT knew DeColo always sucked. You don't magically become a better player when you put on a Spurs jersey.

And Patty Mills is a fucking scrub that belongs in Europe.

Our best backup point is a goddamn D-Leaguer....embarrassing.

itzsoweezee
04-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Out of Danny Green, Tony Parker, Gary Neal, Patty Mills, Corey Joseph, and Nando De Colo, only Danny has been productive at all offensively. You can't lay it all on Nando. The entire backcourt is playing like shit.

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Out of Danny Green, Tony Parker, Gary Neal, Patty Mills, Corey Joseph, and Nando De Colo, only Danny has been productive at all offensively. You can't lay it all on Nando. The entire backcourt is playing like shit.

I don't blame the team, I blame Pop. He stopped being hungry in 2007. The old Pop that had hunger would have never settled for a rookie (Nando) to be TP's back up. He would have gotten Timmy the help he needed. Pop takes care of Timmy's health and the players. He only cares about the regular season because he wants to make sure that Timmy and the guys are healthy enough to win games and add to his 900+ career wins. Pop would have never gotten rid of Jack a week before the playoffs. Putting Nando as a TPs back up, which he is a DISASTER. For example, tonight turnovers, passing ball to Lakers, the old Pop would have benched him and got in his face.

Instead he kept him there, until finally he got a hair up his ass and got him out. Cory did much better. I wouldn't put it past Pop if he did this intentionally to get rid of Jack a week before the playoffs. Knowing we're short handed at the SF pos. and we're without Manu/Boris. I'm sure he's enjoying seeing us struggle on the offensive end. Of course he would not take responsibility that he created this mess. He rather blame it on our guys not wanting to win a championship and say Timmy is the ONLY one that wants a title. Which I believe that Timmy does. I just wish that Tim had the right players, shooters, and the right coach to help him get it but it will never happen. My heart goes out to Timmy because he'll never get a fifth ring. No matter how much he takes care of his body, it will never happen with Pop.

RD2191
04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Im starting to believe in this fukin Jinx

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2013, 11:22 AM

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/ff585998131f354769952c6ad7012594.jpg

When we don't get knocked out in the first round like you said we would, can you promise to go away?

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-15-2013, 11:24 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/ff585998131f354769952c6ad7012594.jpg

When we don't get knocked out in the first round like you said we would, can you promise to go away?

I promise I'll be back when we do.

rascal
04-15-2013, 11:35 AM

The Spurs wanted to lose this game. They are doing a great tank job down the stretch. They see an easier path as the 2 seed and want the lakers to matchup with OK City.

portnoy1
04-15-2013, 11:58 AM
About Nando, don't know if it's been mentioned but he reminds of Rod Strickland 90' playoffs game 7. You have a 6-6 point guard that can't shoot very well and only want's to make home-run passes (turnovers) at ill-advised times.

Rod Strickland had an open sean elliott and a possible trip to the wcf if he simply turned an looked where he was passing. Instead he wanted to put some hot sauce on the pass and make it a no look costing the Spurs big.

Nando is exactly like that, no consistency. A good night - he hits shots and makes incredible passes. A bad night - he cant hit and he has a bunch of turnovers. You can't have that from a backup point guard, especially with his size which he refuses to use on offense. He chooses to make simple plays difficult.

I get real mad when I see someone like G Vasquez from the Hornets who is the same size as Nando making plays and just getting it done on a team with half the talent Nando is working with. Vasquez also uses his size every now an then to post up little quicker points guards to negate their speed on the other end.

MinuteByMinuteSports
04-17-2013, 09:29 PM
About Nando, don't know if it's been mentioned but he reminds of Rod Strickland 90' playoffs game 7. You have a 6-6 point guard that can't shoot very well and only want's to make home-run passes (turnovers) at ill-advised times.

Rod Strickland had an open sean elliott and a possible trip to the wcf if he simply turned an looked where he was passing. Instead he wanted to put some hot sauce on the pass and make it a no look costing the Spurs big.

Nando is exactly like that, no consistency. A good night - he hits shots and makes incredible passes. A bad night - he cant hit and he has a bunch of turnovers. You can't have that from a backup point guard, especially with his size which he refuses to use on offense. He chooses to make simple plays difficult.

I get real mad when I see someone like G Vasquez from the Hornets who is the same size as Nando making plays and just getting it done on a team with half the talent Nando is working with. Vasquez also uses his size every now an then to post up little quicker points guards to negate their speed on the other end.

Nando the jinx strikes again. Another loss. Need I say more...

Johnny RIngo
04-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Every time I tuned in to watch the French NT, Nando looked like garbage. He wasn't a standout player in Europe either. Too much SA fans have high expectations for him. He won't ever be a Manu type player or, hell, even a starting calibre guard.

hater
04-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Wow Nando looks beyond terrible out there.

dont know what happened to him. I guess he hit the rookie wall hard. No wonder Pop signed TMac

superjames1992
04-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Nando the jinx strikes again. Another loss. Need I say more...
Um, Cojo was on the floor the majority of the night sucking it up, tbh. Nando didn't come in until the Spurs were already far behind.