PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: My favorite moments of the Mavs' playoff streak

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Yes, the Mavs' playoff streak is over. I'm sure Mavs haters will rejoice and possibly jizz their pants over it. I am reflecting on the good moments of the streak. Sure, the Mavs had a lot of letdowns during the run but let's remember the good moments. It was a great run and a damn shame that it had to end but nothing lasts forever.

1. Winning the 2011 NBA Finals against the Heat, DWhistle, Lecrab, and Stern. This was the best moment in the history of the franchise and was a huge fuck you to all the Dirk and Mav haters and especially to Stern. I loved it. The Mavs finally got what they should have won back in 2006.
2. Beating the Spurs in the second round in 2006. This was an awesome moment because the Mavs finally the Spurs and were the best team in Texas that year. It just sucked that the Mavs choked a big fat one in the Finals that year and got robbed by Stern and his zebras.
3. Sweeping the Lakers in the second round in 2011. This has to be a top five moment in Mavs' history because the Lakers have historically owned the Mavs in the playoffs and definitely in the regular season. It was nice to see the Mavs dethrone the Lakers and send Phil into retirement. Beating the Lakers in that playoff series has to be one of the most surprising upsets in NBA history.
4. Coming back from 0-2 against the Jazz in the first round in 2001 and 0-2 against the Rockets in the first round in 2005.
Both exciting playoff series.
5. Going to the 2003 WCF. The Mavs might have beaten the Spurs if Dirk had played the entire series.

Technique
04-11-2013, 12:45 AM
It's that bad these days huh?

Technique
04-11-2013, 12:46 AM
You sound like a homeless veteran telling his war stories for a dollar

Thread
04-11-2013, 12:51 AM
1. Watching Chandler decipher the path to the title, step-by-step. Rarely does an NBA player use his gourd like Chandler did. He never deviated, or, let himself get derailed or distracted. It was a treat.

2. Watching Dirk rise to his peak & remain there as the quest was duly executed.

3. Living proof that pieces competently & calmly coached can attain the ultimate. Rick Carlisle

irishock
04-11-2013, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

playoff game of the decade tbh

plus upstairs were real classy back in the day
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42178&p=980076#post980076

Juggity
04-11-2013, 12:52 AM
how much xanax this time bro?

Thebesteva
04-11-2013, 12:57 AM
You sound like a homeless veteran telling his war stories for a dollar

how much xanax this time bro?

:lmao What's the square root of his apartment?

AaronY
04-11-2013, 01:01 AM
I remember Kerr saying over and over again during that 2006 series "this is unreal" after the teams traded big shots..must have said it 20 times

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 01:02 AM
My favorite moment of the Mavs' playoff streak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuMTBV7XkA8

Loved every second of Avery Johnson eating shit after tanking to keep the Clippers out of the playoffs that year, tbh...

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Second-favorite moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOQWj8xn22A

CP3 doin' work, tbh :toast

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 01:08 AM
For the record, I live in a duplex but I will be moving out of here this week and into a house with my brotha. Thank you. And no xanax or slitting of the wrists here. I am just remembering the good times. The Mavs became a respectable and valuable NBA franchise during this streak. They were the best team in Dallas and DFW during this streak(sorry Rangers but you didn't win the championship).

And it's pretty sad but also laughable for a Clipper fans to be talking shit about the Mavs. How many conference championships, NBA championship, and division titles have the Clippers won? How many games have they played in the WCF?

Sean Cagney
04-11-2013, 01:10 AM

Fuck that game man lol!!!!!! Yeah it was a classic though. Pistons and Spurs game 5 meant more though and went to OT as well, but thats a different subject. Good choice though, Dallas definining moment and they finally got over the hump of their Texas rivals. If I were a Mavs fan this would be up there.

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 01:14 AM
mavs are only 2-3 teams who have not misssed the playoffs any single year in the past 10 years which's a remarkable achievement tbh. cuban could've extended the streak even longer by giving daddy tyson an extension tbh :cry

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Losing Tyson Chandler was the nail in the coffin for the Mavs' repeating as NBA champs. However, they would have made the playoffs this year if they hadn't shat the bed so much in close times and especially in OT. Just think about all of the close games that the Mavs lost this year. If they had gone .500 in the overtime games, they would have already clinched a playoff spot.

Thread
04-11-2013, 01:21 AM
I am just remembering the good times.

Nothin' wrong with that. A man and his team have a bond. Like a man & wife, or, man & children. There is blood in the latter and is intensely different, but, man & team is special. It exists on a different level, away from the chains & exceptional weight of life. The title transcends it and takes root in your soul, in a place that was barren and is now forever more populated. So whenever the chains are pulled and the weights put to bear you can drift into your soul, locate it and hide there.

& nobody can stop you.

Thread
04-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Losing Tyson Chandler was the nail in the coffin for the Mavs' repeating as NBA champs. However, they would have made the playoffs this year if they hadn't shat the bed so much in close times and especially in OT. Just think about all of the close games that the Mavs lost this year. If they had gone .500 in the overtime games, they would have already clinched a playoff spot.

This thread isn't for that, Jacob.

Edit.

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Forgot to put game 6 of the 2006 WCF on the list. Some people forget that the Mavs were down double digits in that game. And you had the famous Avery slaps Josh Howard in the junk moment too. The Mavs got their first silver ball. Yes, the Suns didn't have Amare but the Mavs won and that's all that matters.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 01:36 AM
And it's pretty sad but also laughable for a Clipper fans to be talking shit about the Mavs. How many conference championships, NBA championship, and division titles have the Clippers won? How many games have they played in the WCF?

No shit talk here, tbh... I've always liked Dirk, I just fucking hate Avery Johnson for the shit he pulled in '07, tbh...

Thebesteva
04-11-2013, 01:40 AM

No game will ever be as dramatic as 0.4 game. Laker fan or not...that game was insane in the membrane.

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Game 7 of the second round in 2006 was epic. I remember being nervous as hell and flipping back and forth between the game and the series finale of Everwood on the WB. If the Spurs had won that game, there is no doubt in my mind that they would have repeated in 2006.

thunderup
04-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Mavs were a consistent team for a long time; eventually ringing.

Respect :toast

Thread
04-11-2013, 06:27 AM
^Yep. You had your catastrophic loss. You were arguably cheated. You were bitterly wiped out and had to take it.

And you took it. And then with the old proverbial jacks & timbers you started back down. It harkens back to our '84. We weren't cheated, but, it was bitter and we were humiliated by a still then junk yard dog Media. & like us you still remember that cheat, that bitter denial of your deliverance in many instances more than the crescendo that would follow in '11.

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
mavs were really lucky to beat the spurs that year tbh. as much they complained about rigged officiating in the finals, they failed to realize they would've never been there fighting the heat in the first place had the refs not whistled in their favor in the series against them spurs imho. spurs would've been a more deserved winner than both mavs and heat that year, they would've achieved 3-peat but for biased officiating :cry

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Mavs were more deserving to be the NBA champion in 2006 than both the Spurs and Heat. I have no sympathy for the Heat or their fans. Probably never will. And please, I don't ever want to hear a Heat fan talking about biased officiating especially when Stern gift wrapped the 2006 Finals for them.

G-Nob
04-11-2013, 11:48 PM
I remember being nervous as hell and flipping back and forth between the game and the series finale of Everwood on the WB.

What. Tha. Fvck.

Mavs were more deserving to be the NBA champion in 2006 than both the Spurs and Heat. I have no sympathy for the Heat or their fans. Probably never will. And please, I don't ever want to hear a Heat fan talking about biased officiating especially when Stern gift wrapped the 2006 Finals for them.

I normally do not speak out but this comment is the biggest problem with mavericks fans, collectively. Cuban created such a culture of bitching that instead of realizing his team played matador defense from Game 3 on, he blamed the refs instead of looking in mirror. How about the parade plans in the dallas morning news that sparked the whole collapse? Shaq admits to this day, that was the turning point for the heat. Your team caught lightening in a bottle in 2011. Neal with it. That was your last and only chance as long as dirk is on your team. Congrats, now go away for the summer and let the more deserving, enduring teams play it out. Thanks

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 11:51 PM
You're just mad because the Mavs have a championship and the most recent championship from a Texas team. It just eats some fans up especially Laker, Spur, and Heat fans that the Mavs have a damn championship. I love that shit. I love the fact that no one can ever ever say that the Mavs and Dirk are ringless. I love the fact that haters had to finally shut the fuck up in 2011. It was awesome.

Thread
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Cuban created such a culture of bitching that instead of realizing his team played matador defense from Game 3 on, he blamed the refs instead of looking in mirror.

A valid point. It was a conscious decision by their brain trust to go that route. Utah made the same decision in '87. It proved fatal in both instances.

G-Nob
04-12-2013, 12:06 AM
A valid point. It was a conscious decision by their brain trust to go that route. Utah made the same decision in '87. It proved fatal in both instances.

Interesting. Unfortunately, cuban is their brain trust and donnie nelson is his yes man. I'm sure donnie is ready to write a book on the offseason leadin up to 2012, with cuban putting all his eggs in the D-Will basket and it not working out. The next step was, "we have to make this thing look good on paper in order to appease season ticket holders." :corn:

Fergie The Florists
04-12-2013, 12:07 AM

Loved every second of Avery Johnson eating shit after tanking to keep the Clippers out of the playoffs that year, tbh...

Congrats on the Pacific Division title bro. Your boys get to play a week longer than the Mavs..... SCORE!

Fergie The Florists
04-12-2013, 12:09 AM
It's that bad these days huh?

I'm sorry to hear about Manu and Parker bro :cry Another early flameout coming.

FkLA
04-12-2013, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

Jacob1983
04-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Hate away but at the end of the day, the Mavs have a championship and you cannot take it away from them. And the reason why Mavs' fans were pissed about the refs because Stern took out his hatred of Mark Cuban on the Mavs by screwing them in certain games. Thank you. And again, if you are a fan of the Spurs, Lakers, or Heat, you should not be talking about officiating. Thank you again.

Clipper Nation
04-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Congrats on the Pacific Division title bro. Your boys get to play a week longer than the Mavs..... SCORE!

Congrats on getting into det Mexican medical school bro... you get to work in shitty third-world hospitals for shit pay and use leeches and shit instead of modern medicine.... SCORE!

ezau
04-12-2013, 12:38 AM
It's still unbelievable how Cuban just let Chandler walk. You could criticize the Spurs dynasty for not repeating, but the Mavs were so pathetic they didn't even try defending that ring. Until now, I cannot believe it.

Thread
04-12-2013, 12:42 AM
It's still unbelievable how Cuban just let Chandler walk. You could criticize the Spurs dynasty for not repeating, but the Mavs were so pathetic they didn't even try defending that ring. Until now, I cannot believe it.

It defies logic. Upon gross examination even to an adversary it sickens the stomach. And it highlights the incestuous relationship twixt Media and select figures. Cuban should have been outcast. Instead, a veil of silence was afforded him.

ezau
04-12-2013, 12:49 AM
It defies logic. Upon gross examination even to an adversary it sickens the stomach. And it highlights the incestuous relationship twixt Media and select figures. Cuban should have been outcast. Instead, a veil of silence was afforded him.

Well said, Cully.

Arnold Toht
04-12-2013, 01:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkcQnwynqOc

LkrFan
04-12-2013, 01:18 AM
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/c6db2a0fb04c18d9cf35dec09ce644a6/l.jpg

AaronY
04-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Game 7 of the second round in 2006 was epic. I remember being nervous as hell and flipping back and forth between the game and the series finale of Everwood on the WB.
This has to be a troll..I mean come the fuck on

AaronY
04-12-2013, 01:26 AM
:lmao

Thread
04-12-2013, 05:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkcQnwynqOc

Burke is so plain it renders her gorgeous.

G-Nob
04-12-2013, 09:45 AM

The smart basketball people understand a championship formula and the importance of tweaking it, not overhauling it. They won with one inside guy, an average perimeter defender and a few murderous mid-to-long-range shooters; choosing to let them walk in order to sign D-Will. I guess shark tank was a more important issue. Good thing they won when they could in '11. If I were a mavericks fan, I would not be happy about who is in charge of my basketball team.

Jacob1983
04-12-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxIc2Y50_dU

Findog
04-12-2013, 01:47 PM
The 2003 run was a lot of fun too. Loved that second-round series against the Kings and even the first-round series against Portland had some good games and drama after they nearly choked away a 3-0 lead.

baseline bum
04-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Great stuff, but I gotta go with this

kO4caOwS6jI

LOL Nash with the worst defensive play I have ever seen in the NBA at the 3:20 mark. Looks like the only thing on his mind was 'lets get the season over so I can duck my kids some more' tbh.

Phillip
04-12-2013, 03:06 PM
LOL Nash with the worst defensive play I have ever seen in the NBA at the 3:20 mark. Looks like the only thing on his mind was 'lets get the season over so I can duck my kids some more' tbh.
The Mavs were heavily playing a zone defense that year. I believe that when he doubled, Van Exel was supposed to come down and get Kerr, Finley was supposed to rotated to NVE's spot, and Nash was supposed to go out to the opposite side wing where Finley initially was.

Nash has never been a good defender, but I don't think that was his fault. I think they wanted him to double Timmy, but the rest of the defense didn't rotate properly.

Axe Murderer
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
This has to be a troll..I mean come the fuck on

:lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
04-12-2013, 03:12 PM
The Mavs were heavily playing a zone defense that year. I believe that when he doubled, Van Exel was supposed to come down and get Kerr, Finley was supposed to rotated to NVE's spot, and Nash was supposed to go out to the opposite side wing where Finley initially was.

Nash has never been a good defender, but I don't think that was his fault. I think they wanted him to double Timmy, but the rest of the defense didn't rotate properly.

I don't know tbh, Nash has made a career out of playing help defense when it's neither called for or needed. He freelances and wanders off his man constantly and he's done it his entire career. Which is funny because he's probably the worst help defender in the league but he tries to do it so much.