PDA

View Full Version : Elysium

FkLA
04-11-2013, 03:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvqjwTQ1Kqk

What yall think ?

Reck
04-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Man I was going to say...this movie really reminds me of Distict 9 and sure enough a minute into the trailer same director.

Looks good, will watch.

FkLA
04-11-2013, 02:50 PM
bump

Spur-Addict
04-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Oblivion looks better IMO.

redzero
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
*presses play*
"BRRRRMMMMMM!"

Goddammit. When will this fad end?

Big Empty
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
ahhh, a lil to syfi for me. I do love alien war movies like war of the worlds and battle of los angeles. even though we always are able to defeat another race that came from another demension lmao

UZER
04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
*presses play*
"BRRRRMMMMMM!"

Goddammit. When will this fad end?

:lol no joke. Its even worked its way into actual movie scores. I'm starting to hear this constant low undertone hmmmmm on some movies now. Its like once your here it, you can't unhear it and it ruins the movie. Enough of this already.

FkLA
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Looks pretty badass to me tbh. Then again Ive always liked these type of movies, I even enjoyed In Time which most people didnt tbh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efNzhEKm3w4

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
movie doesnt make sense at all

poor fcks hate rich fcks, so they go to a better place and now you want to go live with them? wtf gtfo

Reck
04-12-2013, 01:02 AM

poor fcks hate rich fcks, so they go to a better place and now you want to go live with them? wtf gtfo

Its a trailer dude...you're not supposed to gauge the story line by a 2 minute trailer.

Proxy
04-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Looks solid... out of the sci-fi flicks coming out, I bet it's the only one that's good.

The Will Smith/M Night Shamster one looks stupid as hell and Pacific Rim looks like it intends to go full retarded for the sake of pitting robots v monsters. Maybe Oblivion will be good but reviews don't sound like it.

We need a good sci-fi flick to make up for the abomination that was Prometheus.

HI-FI
04-14-2013, 12:27 AM

i believe that plot is about Damon's character getting exposed to lots of radiation, he doesn't have long to live, so he needs to get to Elysium because the rich have some cancer removing device (shown in the trailer). but he has to join up with insurgency group to make it happen.

someone online mentioned plot was similar to Cloud Minders episode off of STar Trek The Original Series, but it seems similar to District 9 in terms of getting caught between class divisions and shit. either way, I'll go see it. District 9 was a kickass movie and this one looks better than usual Hollywood fare.

Sure it has your typical Hollywood politics, lot of liberal circle jerking, but I think Blompkamp has definite talent and style. Oblivion looks good as well.

DPG21920
04-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I love D9 but to me this looks bad.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2013, 01:18 AM
besides the scenery, not a good story line...

too bad this will be overshadowed by other sci-fi flicks coming out this year

Fabbs
07-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Warning! The latest Elysium trailers show like 10Xs as much as the initial ones.
I thought the initial ones were perfect. (The ones initially in the theater like FkLA posted)
The trailer i saw yesterday give away way too much imo.
And we still got a month and a half to go.

BTW who is the actress in the bikini who walks across the courtyard then gets anti cancer scanned?

Fabbs
07-01-2013, 03:21 PM
BTW who is the actress in the bikini who walks across the courtyard then gets anti cancer scanned?
Appears twice within 5 seconds at
:35 - :40

No speaking so maybe she's just a T&A model paid extra money.

Fabbs
08-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Passed on a chance to attend the advance showing last Wed.

I'm hearing less then enthusiastic reports.
"Corny". "Heavy on CGI, weak on script" as is the Hollywood norm nowadays.

One buddy raved about it but he raves about virtually every movie.

Any of y'all seen it yet?

UZER
08-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Passed on a chance to attend the advance showing last Wed.

I'm hearing less then enthusiastic reports.
"Corny". "Heavy on CGI, weak on script" as is the Hollywood norm nowadays.

One buddy raved about it but he raves about virtually every movie.

Any of y'all seen it yet?

yeah, heavy on cgi is the new norm. Live action movie does not mean what it used to anymore since SciFi/comic book movies are all dominated by cgi effects (animation).

benefactor
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Will probably go tomorrow.

jag
08-10-2013, 08:35 PM
I just saw it. One of the most political movies I've seen in awhile.

This movie is probably going to be very popular in southern California and south Texas, tbh. All the illegals like FkLA are going to love it.

krispinwah
08-10-2013, 09:04 PM
I just saw it. One of the most political movies I've seen in awhile.

This movie is probably going to be very popular in southern California and south Texas, tbh. All the illegals like FkLA are going to love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr9imilqanQ

scroteface
08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
This movie is new world order funded open borders amnesty propaganda just in time for the illegal immigration reform bill

Proxy
08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Blomkamp said he didn't intend for the movie to have any specific political correlation with any current world events, but I find that really hard to believe. Best movie of the summer blockbusters. Damon gave a great performance, the world was beautifully designed. The ending was a little too convenient. It would be cool if there was a director's cut to slow the pace slightly.

benefactor
08-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Loved it.

DesignatedT
08-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Saw it today. Thought it was pretty good. Most of the comments in this thread are correct but I still thought it was a good watch.

I thought the way they portrayed the world in the future was pretty cool and obviously the visual effects were awesome. Damon was solid and I thought the guys who played Kruger and Spider were great.

The overall storyline did seem a bit lacking and the flashback scenes were kind of awkward. Don't know if it was Jodie Foster or just her character but I couldn't stand her part in it though.

Overall a 7/10.

mojorizen7
08-13-2013, 02:00 AM
3.5/5

Sharlto Copley(remember him from D9?)...he was unrecognizable to me until about halfway through. He was a damn good bad guy.
I thought it went away from the political/social themes and cleverly morphed into an action blockbuster. Thats fine i guess. I did enjoy it.
Saw it on an IMax screen. THAT was cool as fuck.

MannyIsGod
08-19-2013, 09:25 PM
3.5/5

Sharlto Copley(remember him from D9?)...he was unrecognizable to me until about halfway through. He was a damn good bad guy.
I thought it went away from the political/social themes and cleverly morphed into an action blockbuster. Thats fine i guess. I did enjoy it.
Saw it on an IMax screen. THAT was cool as fuck.

His performance was the best for me. Was really fucking amazing. Love the movie. LOL no way Blomkamp didn't intend it to mirror the world today in some ways. I mean for crying out loud they used the words HOMELAND SECURITY for the station.

LarryDavid
08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
I thought it was OK. A bit heavy on the social commentary though. I thought the characters of Spider, Kruger, and Damon's character were great. 6/10.

Spurminator
08-20-2013, 09:47 PM
His performance was the best for me.

Ugh, really? I thought he sounded way too pipsqueakish to be a badass villian.

Overall I liked it though.

FkLA
08-21-2013, 01:16 AM

Just saw it and it definitely reminded me of my illegal brothers. :cry

FkLA
08-21-2013, 01:26 AM
This movie is new world order funded open borders amnesty propaganda just in time for the illegal immigration reform bill

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Animated-Flag-Mexico.gif

jag
08-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Just saw it and it definitely reminded me of my illegal brothers. :cry

:cry Why can't everyone live in Elysium? :cry

ohmwrecker
08-21-2013, 03:06 PM
I thought it was OK. A bit heavy on the social commentary though.

Really?! Did you not see any previews? Surprised it was heavy on social commentary, eh?

LarryDavid
08-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Really?! Did you not see any previews? Surprised it was heavy on social commentary, eh?

Never said I was surprised by it.

ohmwrecker
08-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Never said I was surprised by it.

Pineapple Express was funny. A bit heavy on the drug use though.

Moocher
08-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Solid movie.

Dark Gable
08-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Going to watch it today at the Palladium.