PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: dislike Kobe but got to give him the props

Rummpd
04-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Dislike him immensely, but he is not going to go down either in the playoffs or before without giving it his all. Amazing performance for a player of his age last PM going with a single break. 47 points on pretty good shooting + 8 boards and 4 blocks, steals darn good. [That Lilliard for Portland is pretty good too]

Riddler
04-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Dislike him immensely, but he is not going to go down either in the playoffs or before without giving it his all. Amazing performance for a player of his age last PM going with a single break. 47 points on pretty good shooting + 8 boards and 4 blocks, steals darn good. [That Lilliard for Portland is pretty good too]

:rollin fighting for the 8th spot with a loaded roster.

Thread
04-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Last nite was the start. We'll see if he can finish it with 5 more straight across. Then we'll have something to talk about.

Otherwise, we're "fighting for the 8th spot."

BobaFett1
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM

High payroll and fighting for 8th.......:rollin

Spurs9
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Can't argue for his will to win, our guys need some of that fire tbh

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 09:10 AM
:lol Playing 48 minutes against that scrub Portland team to put up those numbers
:lol Being defended by scrubs like Will Barton

Thread
04-11-2013, 09:11 AM
^CN, gettin' his fart catcher on.

You look like a hundred bucks.

Killakobe81
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Cm has to be one of the most insecure posters on here ...u would think a Clips fan would be the most secure but no, since they have been a joke for decades

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm insecure for pointing out facts? :lol

Kirby had a good game against a very bad Portland team, not an all-time great performance worth fellating him over, tbh...

midnightpulp
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
:cry Please love my Kobe :cry

Relevancy
04-11-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't think your dislike for him is really important, and so are the other's who always say " I dislike him, but" nobody cares.

Killakobe81
04-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Mids ass still sore denounces ring smack but resorts to racist remarks, homoerotic rhetoric and Trollin when Lakers win or Spurs lose and when they coincide mids ass really starts to bleed ...

CavsSuperFan
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Dwight Howard has missed more free throws this year than Steve Nash has missed in his entire 17-year career...
Also Kobe Bryant has now taken more shots than Lance Armstrong...

Asif Ali Zardari
04-11-2013, 11:05 AM
He's the most feared player in the game and nobody has his will to win. Jordan and Kobe are in their own category for their will to win and refusal to lose.

Killakobe81
Dwight Howard has missed more free throws this year than Steve Nash has missed in his entire 17-year career...

Goods

Thread

Yep, & Hack-a-Howard will once again be part & parcel & on the table if we make it into the playoffs. They'll come after him with that tactic immediately and with a vengeance.

midnightpulp
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Mids ass still sore denounces ring smack but resorts to racist remarks, homoerotic rhetoric and Trollin when Lakers win or Spurs lose and when they coincide mids ass really starts to bleed ...

I'm not angry at all about the Spurs losing. I want them getting the 7th seed. This way I can sit back and relax during the 1st round and enjoy the Thunder's total destruction of your team.

UZER
04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
heard a stat on ESPN radio....kobe is the first player to score 47 pts, on a Wednesday night, with a full moon, when the concession stands run out of nachos, and row 15 seat 8 section 322 is empty. Amazing....simply amazing.

JamStone
04-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Not impressive because of the competition, but impressive because of the circumstances. Obviously each of these last few games of the season are all must wins for the Lakers. And at Kobe's age to play all 48 minutes on the second night of a back-to-back on the road and performing well is a testament to his work ethic and conditioning. Yes, Portland isn't a powerhouse or anything, and they were missing their two starting wing players. So of course it's not like a legendary performance or anything like that. But it's impressive on a lesser level because of those other factors.

And I don't think many if any people ever questioned Kobe's will to win (with the one notable exception obviously of that second half in that Phoenix playoff series). Actually, I think he probably hates losing more than he likes winning. That's at least part of what fuels his competitiveness. There are few guys in NBA who still play like that and leave it all on the floor every second they're on the floor. That's what I've always liked about Kobe. And those have always been the type of players I've admired most regardless of what many other faults they may have. Kobe, KG, Manu, Iverson, CP3. Those are my guys despite each of them displaying other traits that I really dislike from the tough guy act to flopping to blackhole volume shooting. But they're ultimate competitors. Do anything in their power to win. For those who have ever questioned why I'm a Kobe fan, that's the number 1 reason.

Phillip
04-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Actually, I think he probably hates losing more than he likes winning. That's at least part of what fuels his competitiveness. There are few guys in NBA who still play like that and leave it all on the floor every second they're on the floor. That's what I've always liked about Kobe. And those have always been the type of players I've admired most regardless of what many other faults they may have. Kobe, KG, Manu, Iverson, CP3. Those are my guys despite each of them displaying other traits that I really dislike from the tough guy act to flopping to blackhole volume shooting. But they're ultimate competitors. Do anything in their power to win. For those who have ever questioned why I'm a Kobe fan, that's the number 1 reason.

I'm pretty much the same way. Gotta love that intense hatred of losing. Even if it's misguided, I can live with that better than I can with people who just don't care.

Jt.ONE
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
:lol

the old man went ham on the 2nd night of a b2b, dudes been playing 40+ minutes per game for like the last week
despite the obvious shortcomings of this season, you can't hate on this the guy's strive to keep playing and competitiveness to win.

Thread
04-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Not impressive because of the competition, but impressive because of the circumstances. Obviously each of these last few games of the season are all must wins for the Lakers. And at Kobe's age to play all 48 minutes on the second night of a back-to-back on the road and performing well is a testament to his work ethic and conditioning. Yes, Portland isn't a powerhouse or anything, and they were missing their two starting wing players. So of course it's not like a legendary performance or anything like that. But it's impressive on a lesser level because of those other factors.

And I don't think many if any people ever questioned Kobe's will to win (with the one notable exception obviously of that second half in that Phoenix playoff series). Actually, I think he probably hates losing more than he likes winning. That's at least part of what fuels his competitiveness. There are few guys in NBA who still play like that and leave it all on the floor every second they're on the floor. That's what I've always liked about Kobe. And those have always been the type of players I've admired most regardless of what many other faults they may have. Kobe, KG, Manu, Iverson, CP3. Those are my guys despite each of them displaying other traits that I really dislike from the tough guy act to flopping to blackhole volume shooting. But they're ultimate competitors. Do anything in their power to win. For those who have ever questioned why I'm a Kobe fan, that's the number 1 reason.

Even this asshole acts the asshole. He flounders for a while, can't stand the gaffe, then just founders.

lefty
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Needed a lot of minutes and ballhogging / stat padding to beat the shitty Blazers

:cry legend
:cry warrior
:cry will lead his team to the playoffs despite a loaded roster

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 01:55 PM

the old man went ham on the 2nd night of a b2b, dudes been playing 40+ minutes per game for like the last week
despite the obvious shortcomings of this season, you can't hate on this the guy's strive to keep playing and competitiveness to win.
I can and will hate on him for playing that many minutes because it's obvious he's doing it on purpose to manipulate the narratives about him and deflect all blame about how shitty this year's Lakers are away from himself, tbh.....

If Kirby really had this mythical "will to win" that Lakerfan is claiming, he has a funny way of showing it, because so much of what he does on offense AND defense hurts his team's chances of winning, tbh....

Medvedenko
04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Super impressed by his performance, however; as a Laker fan we've seen this too many times before. Hopefully he has a few more of these games against quality competition and uses his strengths to elevate this team to prosperity. At this age and minutes it's astonishing and revelatory and given I've been watching since the 80's to see a player this "seasoned" to continue to strive; like a plant reaching up to the sun, no matter what the obstacles.

Playoffs or not, I'll miss him as a player in a few years. Kobe=One

midnightpulp
04-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Super impressed by his performance, however; as a Laker fan we've seen this too many times before. Hopefully he has a few more of these games against quality competition and uses his strengths to elevate this team to prosperity. At this age and minutes it's astonishing and revelatory and given I've been watching since the 80's to see a player this "seasoned" to continue to strive; like a plant reaching up to the sun, no matter what the obstacles.

Playoffs or not, I'll miss him as a player in a few years. Kobe=One

Freethrows are the great obstacle remover for a basketball player, and Kobe has indeed used his strength in that area (his greatest strength, imo) to elevate the Lakers to a very prosperous 8th seeding.

thunderup
04-11-2013, 02:33 PM

:lol Did Kobe also rape Clipper Nation's mother?

In all honesty, Kobe's drive and competitiveness is admirable. At this stage of his career, to be performing at this level, is marvelous. Too bad all this effort goes into a first round sweep for him.

Budkin
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Have to agree... the amount of minutes he's playing at his age at such a high level is astounding. He has to be one of the most competitive players ever.

AaronY
04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Seeing performances like from Kobe makes me wonder how many home runs Bonds would have hit if he went to an American League team and dh'd. He probably could have hit 900. When you stop playing half the game it's amazing how far it extends your career

Thread
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Too bad all this effort goes into a first round sweep for him.

If he thought like you, he'd be sitting here with "us." You're trying to talk him out of it. Pierce tried to talk him out of it too. Dragged that niqqer back across the nation by his nappy and hung him from a California yard arm.

Just like that.

hater
04-11-2013, 03:42 PM
gotta give props when props are due.

Kobe is ballin. He is on a streak this season in the last 2-3 weeks that only Lebron has surpassed. Thankfully we probably will not see this team in round 1. Mainly cause Spurs are hurting like a mofo and could possibly drop round 1 to anyone.

Koolaid_Man
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Kobe is ballin. He is on a streak this season in the last 2-3 weeks that only Lebron has surpassed. Thankfully we probably will not see this team in round 1. Mainly cause Spurs are hurting like a mofo and could possibly drop round 1 to anyone.

Fear is a virtue..Props to you my nigga...:toast

Koolaid_Man
04-11-2013, 05:19 PM
:lol Did Kobe also rape Clipper Nation's mother?

In all honesty, Kobe's drive and competitiveness is admirable. At this stage of his career, to be performing at this level, is marvelous. Too bad all this effort goes into a first round sweep for him.

that's it and that's all

Koolaid_Man
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I can and will hate on him for playing that many minutes because it's obvious he's doing it on purpose to manipulate the narratives about him and deflect all blame about how shitty this year's Lakers are away from himself, tbh.....

If Kirby really had this mythical "will to win" that Lakerfan is claiming, he has a funny way of showing it, because so much of what he does on offense AND defense hurts his team's chances of winning, tbh....

The last time a team swept the Lakers in the regular season the Lakers won the title

DPG21920
04-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Laker fan has fallen off. Even Kobe himself says championship or bust mentality which means all of his followers are losers by default.

Koolaid_Man
04-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Laker fan has fallen off. Even Kobe himself says championship or bust mentality which means all of his followers are losers by default.

Da Phaggot Guard

DPG21920
04-11-2013, 05:28 PM
More like Da Prophet Guard I saiddddddddddddddddd

Koolaid_Man
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
DPG =

DA PHaggot Guru
Da Primary Gay
Da Pussy Gringo
Dumb Phaggot Guy
Da Pint Gangsta

Thread
04-11-2013, 05:42 PM

That's what Pierce said in June of '10.

tee, hee.

baseline bum
04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
That's what Pierce said in June of '10.

tee, hee.

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
- Peja Stojakovic 2011

Thread
04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
- Peja Stojakovic 2011

lmemulatedao!!!

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Not even Kirby's teammates are giving him props for his stat-padding :lol

"Since January, he's played well," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I think earlier he was just hurt. The system was screwed up, we're trying to figure things out, and I'm trying to figure things out and how to play him. ... I have a lot more confidence in him now, and he's playing great."

And yet, the identity fractures that have plagued the Lakers aren't quite healed. Asked about Bryant's offensive performance, Gasol returned to a years-old theme: "I think it's spectacular and very impressive. ... On the other hand, I'm a player that -- I like to see a little more ball movement and better balance. That's just how I perceive this game." This is not a new point, and anybody familiar with the Lakers knows well the push and pull between Pau and Kobe. Still, as much as the Lakers faithful hope Gasol's resurgence rekindles hopes of contention, the message is clear: The Lakers are getting away with bandages where there ought to be strong stitching.

As for Gasol's compatriot in the post, familiar, too, is Howard's insistence on an offense dominated by post-ups. "We've got [to] really play inside-out," Howard said. "Teams are so worried about making sure we don't score in the post, we can kick it out to guys cutting, making 3s. ... I think that's the best way to play." When asked about Steve Blake's crucial offensive rebounds on consecutive fourth-quarter possessions, Howard said, "I think those guys were so concerned with keeping me off the glass that they forgot about him."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130410/daily-dime

Thread
04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
^CN, runnin' as fast as he can.

tee, hee.

DMC
04-11-2013, 06:23 PM

A guy who chucks constantly is eventually going to hit some shots. Giving him props for hitting more shots makes no sense. His decision to take more shots has always existed, the results have very little to do with anything he's recently decided. That same decision to chuck more shots is a big reason why the Lakers are fighting for their playoff lives instead of being the odds on favorites to challenge the Heat.

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
^D, runnin' as fast as he can.

tee, hee.

whitemamba
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM

High payroll and fighting for 8th.......:rollin

fuck u faggots, and fuck pulp for denying kobes greatness

whitemamba
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Killa dropping truth bombs on CN :lol :lmao :lol that insecure pussy knows the end of his shit team already, wait hes a bandwagon bitch :toast

whitemamba
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM

:toast

pop knows better

Riddler
04-11-2013, 07:58 PM
fuck u faggots, and fuck pulp for denying kobes greatness

:lol Jizz breath
:lol 8th spot

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 07:59 PM
like what i've said many times, you can dislike kobe but you have to respect him. he might have terrible personalities but his basketball skills were second to no one back in the day tbh. dropping 81pts in a game is amazing enough in the modern era imho

CitizenDwayne
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I dislike Kobe but gotta give credit where it's due...guy is struggling to get Steve Nash and Dwight Howard into the playoffs...

oh wait

Clipper Nation
04-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Killa dropping truth bombs on CN :lol :lmao :lol that insecure pussy knows the end of his shit team already, wait hes a bandwagon bitch :toast

:lol Lakerfan using the term "bandwagon"
:lol Lakers getting swept and dominated by "my shit team"

Thread
04-11-2013, 08:12 PM
like what i've said many times, you can dislike kobe but you have to respect him. he might have terrible personalities but his basketball skills were second to no one back in the day tbh. dropping 81pts in a game is amazing enough in the modern era imho

But, there's no tangible goodness to it, Milty.

Here:::

I'll choose one:::

A. Kobe scores a 100 points in the first game of the playoffs.

B. Westbrook rips up his knee the night before the playoffs.

I'll choose B and be tickled pink.
Fuckin' Kobe would take A and hope for the best.

skmblz
04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
of course you've got to give him credit. at his age to perform at that level is pretty impressive. BUT, however, many other players would have had that statline playing 48 minutes tbqh...

ambchang
04-11-2013, 08:24 PM
I think y'all means Kobe has the will to win on Kobe's term.

And Jammie, is that why you love Jordan too?

midnightpulp
04-11-2013, 10:07 PM
But, there's no tangible goodness to it, Milty.

Here:::

I'll choose one:::

A. Kobe scores a 100 points in the first game of the playoffs.

B. Westbrook rips up his knee the night before the playoffs.

I'll choose B and be tickled pink.
Fuckin' Kobe would take A and hope for the best.

That's quite possibly your best take ever.

BatManu20
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Lakers are obviously making the playoffs, but they'll still lose to OKC in round one. They just don't defend enough.

Thread
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Lakers are obviously making the playoffs

Too slippery a slope to make that kind of declaration, Bats. A loss and we've lost the con.

BatManu20
04-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Too slippery a slope to make that kind of declaration, Bats. A loss and we've lost the con.

Well they have 3 straight home games to finish off the season, 2 of which the starters for the Spurs & Rockets likely won't even play, and you have a desperate Kobe Bryant who will do whatever he has to do to get them into the playoffs. That's about as close to a guarantee that you can get.

JamStone
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM
And Jammie, is that why you love Jordan too?

I hated Jordan because of the rivalry between the Bulls and the Bad Boy Pistons. Plus, that was around my childhood when I was way more of a biased homer fan. But I have always respected Jordan's game and his status as the greatest player ever. I hated him because he was a Bull, not because of his game.

I was living in LA in the early 2000s for Shaq-Kobe's first title when the Pistons were sucking ass post Grant Hill leaving for Orlando and prior to them getting good. So I didn't have any venom for the Lakers and in fact I ended up appreciating them as a team. I already liked Kobe before that. Late 90s, my three guys were Iverson, Kobe, and Vince.