PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Thunderef vs Lakeref: Who will Stern favor?

Fabbs
04-11-2013, 09:56 AM
All time WWE fixture Lakers with poster boi for rigged reffing Knobbee Bryant?

Or new marketing tools Durant and Westbrick?

#1 vs #8.
The snappy dressers vs the Burqua Bois.
Who you got?

Fabbs
04-11-2013, 09:59 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/850/548/hi-res-6872634_crop_650x440.jpg?1356320094

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXVjG_ASgvP4woKNTIcILtyCTg-BMulBsRmzclpi4Zo5dnWsmWUQ

OKC
04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
OKC is a medicore team who only wins games due to favoritism from the refs.

Fabbs
04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
^^ i dunno, they put together some pretty good games vs the Spurs before the rigged game 6.
Trading The Beard was retarded tho.

Gonna need those zebras even more now.

clambake
04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
what rigged game 6?

OKC
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
^^ i dunno, they put together some pretty good games vs the Spurs before the rigged game 6.
Trading The Beard was retarded tho.

Gonna need those zebras even more now.

I'm just screwing with you. There's posters here who have claimed that OKC is a mediocre NBA team who only wins games due to being favored by the refs. I find that pretty laughable. Yeah I wish we had Harden, for sure. Oh well. I guess Martin is going to have to step it up and Fisher will have to go into playoff hero mode again. I will say though that Reggie Damn Jackson is coming on STRONG. Looking like a very legit playmaking guard with team leading athleticism and ability to finish.

Thread
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

OKC
04-11-2013, 10:54 AM
In all honesty though, the Lakers absolutely cannot beat OKC in a 7 game series. They probably have the worst chance of any playoff team in the West to beat OKC.

Thread
04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
In all honesty though, the Lakers absolutely cannot beat OKC in a 7 game series. They probably have the worst chance of any playoff team in the West to beat OKC.

We have to see exactly where the the loss of Harden settles. He wouldn't be a party to any of our tactics & machinations. None of it. Like Perkins in Boston wasn't. His absence will open a void.

elec99
04-11-2013, 12:22 PM
These 2 teams match up well against each other, though of course odds are against LA. I'm betting Stern didn't anticipate having to decide between two NBA darlings though, gonna be interesting to watch. I'm sure he'd choose the larger market but who knows.

As for ref bias of course it exists. You just hope the bias isn't in the last 5 minutes of a game where it would make a difference. A good team can shake off early bad calls, but with the clock winding down it can change a game.

Baron Davιs
04-11-2013, 12:23 PM
OKC in 5

CitizenDwayne
04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
OKC.

StrengthAndHonor
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Okc. Kobe era Lakers are yesterday's news, they're a fucking t-shirt at best.

Banzai
04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
thunderef...in this life and the next

mindcrime
04-11-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm just screwing with you. There's posters here who have claimed that OKC is a mediocre NBA team who only wins games due to being favored by the refs. I find that pretty laughable. Yeah I wish we had Harden, for sure. Oh well. I guess Martin is going to have to step it up and Fisher will have to go into playoff hero mode again. I will say though that Reggie Damn Jackson is coming on STRONG. Looking like a very legit playmaking guard with team leading athleticism and ability to finish.

Martin is the second coming of Jordan tbh. He will lead OKC to the promised land.

lefty
04-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Even if Stern helps the Lakers, they still wont beat OKC

They are just not good enough :lol

OKC
04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
These 2 teams match up well against each other, though of course odds are against LA. I'm betting Stern didn't anticipate having to decide between two NBA darlings though, gonna be interesting to watch. I'm sure he'd choose the larger market but who knows.

As for ref bias of course it exists. You just hope the bias isn't in the last 5 minutes of a game where it would make a difference. A good team can shake off early bad calls, but with the clock winding down it can change a game.

Dude, this is a HORRIBLE matchup for LA

Captivus
04-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Stern will favor the Lakers, no doubt in my mind.
OKC will cry like a little girl!!

thunderup
04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
:cry thunderefs :cry

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Kings in 7

ShinerBlack
04-11-2013, 02:32 PM
OKC in 7. Gotta go back to the Harden trade. As a Spurs fan, he is what made OKC scary. I think his loss will cost them a couple close games. Not enough to lose the series but with Kobe being across the court and Nash still being able to knock down a couple of 3s, I can see this series going the distance, whether refs get too involved or not.

thunderup
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
OKC in 7. Gotta go back to the Harden trade. As a Spurs fan, he is what made OKC scary. I think his loss will cost them a couple close games. Not enough to lose the series but with Kobe being across the court and Nash still being able to knock down a couple of 3s, I can see this series going the distance, whether refs get too involved or not.
:lol Your post sucks just as much as that shitty beer you have in your avatar

Spur-Addict
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Win/win either way. Just hope it drags out unnecessarily long :lol

ShinerBlack
04-11-2013, 02:48 PM

ok lol. When I can come back with an equally awesome grade school retort for you i'll acknowledge you again. Dumbass.

HI-FI
04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
this is a great question and one that finds STern in a tough position. it's like asking if you prefer your original son or your newest one....

I think Stern realizes that Kupchak has assembled a $100 million shit sandwich and there's not much he can do to save it. also, his original son, the Lakers, have had their moment in the spotlight, the Thunder still need to win a championship in order to validate Durant and validate Stern's horrible decision to approve the Sonics' relocation.

so I say Stern gives Thunderefs more of a hookup, but they really don't need it against Lakers. Thunderefs beat Lakerefs in 5, maybe 6 just so the league can make some extra coin on it.

crofl, Shiner is a pretty good beer and not even the best microbrewery in Texas. what does OK have that's even close?

:lolbad taste in beers
:lolswitching to meth because there are no good breweries in OK

Thread
04-11-2013, 03:42 PM
^Pussy & asshole.

OKC
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
this is a great question and one that finds STern in a tough position. it's like asking if you prefer your original son or your newest one....

I think Stern realizes that Kupchak has assembled a $100 million shit sandwich and there's not much he can do to save it. also, his original son, the Lakers, have had their moment in the spotlight, the Thunder still need to win a championship in order to validate Durant and validate Stern's horrible decision to approve the Sonics' relocation.

so I say Stern gives Thunderefs more of a hookup, but they really don't need it against Lakers. Thunderefs beat Lakerefs in 5, maybe 6 just so the league can make some extra coin on it.

crofl, Shiner is a pretty good beer and not even the best microbrewery in Texas. what does OK have that's even close?

:lolbad taste in beers
:lolswitching to meth because there are no good breweries in OK

The sad thing is I really think you've probably convinced yourself to believe this conspiracy horseshit. People and their conspiracy theories - lame attempt to divert attention away from the real reason for others' success.
Also, there's a brewery in Oklahoma called Choc. Go look their brews up on beeradvocate.com and notice how much higher rated they are than Shiner junk.

Thread
04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
^That's so they're insulated at loss:::

They win, they're peaches.
They lose, they're victims & vindicated.
It's an American thing.

2pac > Kobe
04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I didn't even realize beer had different flavors, all taste like shit to me tbh

but on topic only pussies and assholes blame the officiating, okc in 6

Thread
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
but on topic only pussies and assholes blame the officiating

Do you think you could find an older man attractive, uh, sonny?

OKC
04-11-2013, 04:21 PM
^That's so they're insulated at loss:::

They win, they're peaches.
They lose, they're victims & vindicated.
It's an American thing.

Yeah. There's some really dillusional posters on this sight. Ive heard it all. One guy even claimed that Kevin Durant was no more than a glorified Steve Novak without the help from refs. STEVE NOVAK!

Thread
04-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah. There's some really dillusional posters on this sight. Ive heard it all. One guy even claimed that Kevin Durant was no more than a glorified Steve Novak without the help from refs. STEVE NOVAK!

Mostly the San Antonio contingent. Some of it has leaked into the Dallas people, but, they're not as rabid and paranoid as the Spurs guys. Frankly, I think they just agree with some of it to appear weak & vulnerable/From years of denial at ring.

Fabbs
04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.
Caught a fish. :lol
Mono looks like I'm in the bandwidth wasting parrot contest.

Baseline
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Stern will always favor the Lakers, and he'll do anything he can to keep them relevant. This year's job will be difficult, because they suck. Despite the fact that he did his shell game to get them Dwight instead of Chris Paul, and enabled them to keep Pau instead of trading him, the Lakers still suck...all because K. Bryant is so overrated it's not even funny. However...one thing Bryant can still do is dribble around until a whistle blows, then make two free throws. That's what Stern has to work with. So he'll do everything he can to get the Lakers to a Game 7, and I'm sure he'll want the Lakers to win that Game 7.

lefty
04-11-2013, 06:29 PM
^Pussy & asshole.
Is that what every back man calls your Mom ?

irishock
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
The Lakers are still Stern's team no matter what. The Thunder will still be good for years to come, but the Lakers pretty much have a 2 year window to win it all, and then they'd be forced to rebuild due to the tax situation

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Stern will always favor the Lakers, and he'll do anything he can to keep them relevant. This year's job will be difficult, because they suck. Despite the fact that he did his shell game to get them Dwight instead of Chris Paul, and enabled them to keep Pau instead of trading him, the Lakers still suck...all because K. Bryant is so overrated it's not even funny. However...one thing Bryant can still do is dribble around until a whistle blows, then make two free throws. That's what Stern has to work with. So he'll do everything he can to get the Lakers to a Game 7, and I'm sure he'll want the Lakers to win that Game 7.

^Pussy & asshole.

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:24 PM
The Lakers are still Stern's team no matter what. The Thunder will still be good for years to come, but the Lakers pretty much have a 2 year window to win it all, and then they'd be forced to rebuild due to the tax situation

You just couldn't act like somebody for two fuckin' sentences. You just had to precede stoic accuracy with fart catching.

You wanted to, I see it, but, you were afraid.

Get out. Asshole.

Jt.ONE
04-11-2013, 07:29 PM

you sound sure that LA is making the playoffs imo

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM

A lot of these guys do. One misstep and we're right back in the shit.

I'd ask if anyone has an opine or information if the Jazz are animated & directed to make the playoffs, or, just marking time, but, I don't want to be ostracized for 3 fuckin' days over it.

whitemamba
04-11-2013, 07:41 PM
lakers in 4

irishock
04-11-2013, 07:57 PM

Never really doubted that tbh

irishock
04-11-2013, 07:57 PM
You just couldn't act like somebody for two fuckin' sentences. You just had to precede stoic accuracy with fart catching.

You wanted to, I see it, but, you were afraid.

Get out. Asshole.

:lmao

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:58 PM
:lmao

lol!

TrainOfThought5
04-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Gentlemen, of course OKC will win the series. That wasnt the question. the question was who will stern favor: Thunderef or Lakeref.

its very important to understand that these are four very different teams. The Thunderefs are a fast moving, foul selling, high flying, hot FT shooting, shot blocking, highlight reel juggernaut. The THUNDER struggle without their best playmaker Harden, and unfortunately rely on a somewhat selfish, ego filled, highly baitable, questionable 4th quarter alpha dog (westbrook) , and a beta who is afraid to take the reigns. The THUNDER, unaided, are a monkey balling, pump fake biting, horrible flopping, mentally fragile team that doesnt have NEARLY the level of coaching, poise and composure to play through their opponents athleticism matching intense Defense. (See finals).

My point is this. The Thunderefs would EASILY SWEEP the lakers. However, the Lakerefs would play one hell of a series against the Thunder with NO LESS than 6 games, POSSIBLY 7.

for my hard earned money, give me the Thunder over the Lakerefs in 6 games. Stern is all about them storylines, and it Should be a great series, quite frankly.

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 08:27 PM
lakers will be favored for this one imho. OKC are safe as the #2 seed and stern wont want them to take the #1 only to fight his other loveboy (lakers) in the first round head 2 head, while the lakers being chased by jazz and the difference between the two teams is no bigger than one game. stern will give a win to the lakers and help them clinch the #8 spot imho

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Isn't it sad that the NBA is the main sport where fans talk so much about the officiating? What does that say about Stern and the NBA?

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Isn't it sad that the NBA is the main sport where fans talk so much about the officiating? What does that say about Stern and the NBA?
perhaps that's because its way more difficult to rig a football or baseball game than rigging a basketball game imho. plus, the majority of NBA players are niggas and most them niggas are too dumb to comspire against any unfair treatment stern imposes on them

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 11:35 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0qoox2Ref1qm37qco1_250.gif

HI-FI
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
perhaps that's because its way more difficult to rig a football or baseball game than rigging a basketball game imho. plus, the majority of NBA players are niggas and most them niggas are too dumb to comspire against any unfair treatment stern imposes on them

i've had this theory as well my yella nigga. I think the owners underestimate their audience. think back to 2002 WCF, Stern and his henchman probably realized they can hookup their golden franchise, people might notice something is off, but would forget about it in time. They probably didn't think that niggas would have recorded this shit, that videos would be uploaded and streamed on youtube, and this example of shadiness would still be talked about and studied. Same with the lottery being discussed in further detail. They probably imagine a lot of their fans are living in projects, drinking grape juice and smoking dro all day, and that's probably true to a large extent. But a lot more people notice some of the WWE shit that goes on.

Jacob1983
04-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Casual douchebag fans don't notice the rigging. Real NBA fans know that this shit happens.

crc21209
04-11-2013, 11:45 PM
It would be pretty ironic to see the Lakers getting more whistles than the Thunder. That series will average 40+ FTA's for both teams combined in every game easily....

Thread
04-11-2013, 11:59 PM
It would be pretty ironic to see the Lakers getting more whistles than the Thunder. That series will average 40+ FTA's for both teams combined in every game easily....

Christ, you too, cr?

Fuck me.

hater
04-12-2013, 12:11 AM
LOL nobody beating OKC. stop wasting your precious time in this dimension :lol

Jacob1983
04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
The Laker home games against the Thunder in the first round will be on til 12:30am or 1am because of all the free throws.

Thread
04-12-2013, 12:35 AM
^Pussy & asshole.

InRareForm
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Lakers are going to get good treatment by ref and co. I can see Metta turning into Artest, commiting a flagrant foul on westbrook... possibly breaking a bone, and now the lakers move on to the 2nd round with the media talking about a kobe/lebron matchup we all thought wasn't possibe anymore.

Thread
04-12-2013, 12:38 AM
^
^Pussy & asshole.

usdane
04-12-2013, 02:28 AM
Stern without a doubt favors OKC. See CP3 trade veto.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 02:39 AM
:lol Laker fans still talk about the Paul trade?..even though it's evident by now that Kobe can't play with another ball-dominant PG?..

The Hornets best players would have been Dragic(good player, not a top 2 guy), Kevin Martin(:lol) and a severely declining Luis Scola..their 1st round pick would have been from the Knicks, the 2nd seed in the East, which would have been a bad pick..Odom wouldn't have reported to New Orleans, either..

More importantly, they would have been good enough for like a 10th seed, which eliminates the chance of acquiring Anthony Davis, their future franchise guy..

KaiRMD1
04-12-2013, 02:41 AM
OKC wins but refs help Lakers make shit interesting like last year

Thread
04-12-2013, 05:31 AM
^Pussy & asshole.

OKC
04-12-2013, 07:31 AM
OKC just abusing their opponents in their last 4 wins, with a FT deficit in every single one of them. Thunderrefs - whatever.

Fabbs
05-01-2013, 12:41 AM
http://uppix.net/5/2/b/eca7191f9cf3ab8c9d57d2d655973.gif
.gif courtesy Lakerhater

There's an equally funny one of Durant pushing Delfino and Delfino getting rung up.

Also phaggot Fisher getting his usual unreal b.s. calls. Like jumping in front of Harden and falling down.