PDA

View Full Version : jay-z fires back at critics of his vacation trip to cuba

Trill Clinton
04-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Source: AP Images
If you ever wondered whether or not Beyoncé and Jay-Z were aware of the criticism they receive, they definitely do. And while they might try and ignore a majority of it, frankly, it seems Jay has had quite enough.

For a majority of the week I’m sure you’ve heard about everybody from Stacey Dash to Senator Marco Rubio publicly denouncing the couple’s decision to vacay and celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary with family in Cuba. Even some Republican representatives sent a letter to the U.S. Treasury Department asking for more info on their trip, wondering if they had received the proper paperwork and permission to travel. Well, according to Reuters, they definitely received proper approval from the U.S. Treasury Department for their trip, so it might be time for folks looking for conspiracies and such to move on to a new target.

…But first! Jay-Z took a moment (not clear whether it was during the Cuban trip or if they’re already back in the U.S.) to write his own letter, in song form, for the critics coming his way for said trip, and even the reports that he’s selling his stake in the Brooklyn Nets. In “Open Letter,” produced by both Timbaland and Swizz Beatz, he let’s his feelings known: “When you gettin’ too much bread, they try and jam you…” And of course, shots were fired at the same politicians who were blasting the Cuba trip: “Politicians never did Isht for me / Except lie to me, distort history/Want to give me jail time and a fine / Fine, let me commit a real crime”

And as for the Brooklyn Nets, sounds like he is selling his stake, but he had a few words about that as well:

“Would have brought the Nets to Brooklyn for free, except I made millions off of you f**kin’ dweeb/I still own the building/I’m still keeping my seats/You buy that bulls**t, better keep your receipt/Obama said chill, you gon’ get me impeached/You don’t need this s**t anyway, go chill with me on the beach”

Somebody up and got Jay-Z’s panties in a knot. But it makes for a banger! Check out the track below and let us know what you think of the song.

Read more at http://madamenoire.com/271660/yall-gon-learn-today-jay-z-fires-back-at-politicians-angry-over-cuba-trip-in-open-letter/#Kmr3JVK9VIlw4KPp.99

lebomb
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Damn Jay.........just take care of B's phat ass and stop worrying about all the BS niggra.

baseline bum
04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
LOL faggot Rubio crying about their trip. All my friends who have been to Cuba say it was an awesome trip.

ChumpDumper
04-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, the sanctions haven't made any sense for 20 years outside of local political pandering.

jag
04-11-2013, 11:59 AM
If you ever wondered whether or not Beyoncé and Jay-Z were aware of the criticism they receive, they definitely do. And while they might try and ignore a majority of it, frankly, it seems Jay has had quite enough.

First off, I don't care who does or does not go to Cuba. That being said, I'm not sure how anyone not raised in the projects would consider his reaction a legitimate response to criticisms.

JoeTait75
04-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Don't see the big deal. Jay-Z and Beyonce didn't do anything that three generations of pasty Canadian and European tourists haven't been doing. Besides, it isn't as if the embargo has been a rousing success.

silverblk mystix
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
lol giving a shit what this severely overrated piece of shit does or doesn't do...

this coming from someone who has absolutely no trust in the guv'mint

DisAsTerBot
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
lol in song form

ShinerBlack
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't criticize often but when I do, I make sure my criticisms are produced by Timbaland and Swizz Beatz.

jag
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't criticize often but when I do, I make sure my criticisms are produced by Timbaland and Swizz Beatz.

:lol

ChumpDumper
04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
lol giving a shit what this severely overrated piece of shit does or doesn't do...

this coming from someone who has absolutely no trust in the guv'mintSpoken like a true government employee.

Trill Clinton
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
lyrics to the song....Jay killed this track

[Verse 1]

I done turned Havana to Atlanta
Guayabera shirts and bandanas
Every time you think they got me I switch the plan up
Bulletproof this, radio scanners
Ballin' 'til they ban us
You gettin' too much bread, they tryna' jam you
Boy from the hood but got White House clearance
Sorry y'all, I don't agree with y'all appearance
Politicians never did shit for me
Except lie to me, distort history
Wanna give me jail time and a fine
Fine, let me commit a real crime
I might buy a kilo for Chief Keef
Out of spite, I just might flood these streets
Hear the freedom in my speech
Got an onion from Universal, read it and weep
Could've bought the Nets to Brooklyn for free
Except I made millions off it, you fuckin' dweeb
I still own the building, I'm still keeping my seat
Y'all buy that bullshit, you'd better keep your receipt
Obama said chill, you gonna get me impeached
But you don't need this shit anyway
Chill with me on the beach

[Verse 2]
We almost want to start a revolution
You know whenever I'm threatened, I start shooting, bark
Catch a body, head to Houston
I'm in Cuba, I love Cubans
This communist talk is so confusing
When it's from China, the very mic that I'm using
Idiot wind, the Bob Dylan of rap music
You're an idiot baby, you should become a student
Oh, you gonna learn today
Where the fuck have you been
The world's under new management
The new role model, fuck this Zoolander shit

DisAsTerBot
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
whem im pissed, i SING!!!

Trill Clinton
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
lol in song form

whem im pissed, i SING!!!

okay, we get it. you don't like jay z. but don't mock n laugh like he's the first to speak out about the government in his music. john lennon and bob marley have also done it. take your linking park listening ass outta here lol.

DisAsTerBot
04-11-2013, 04:07 PM
okay, we get it. you don't like jay z. but don't mock n laugh like he's the first to speak out about the government in his music. john lennon and bob marley have also done it. take your linking park listening ass outta here lol.

right. not liking jayz = liking lincoln park
just like not twerking = doing a line dance

you ignorant fool

Trill Clinton
04-11-2013, 04:11 PM
only one ignorant in this here thread is you, doggie. you made two posts( why i don't know) mocking and laughing at a musician who made a song criticizing the government like it was some foreign concept.

you like linking park and that's that.

Mark919
04-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Jay zs so ugly his momma volunteered for lipo from Kanye's mom plastic surgeon.

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2013, 07:27 PM
wtf so now they wanana dictate where you can and can not go? gtfo

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
if having a trip to cuba is a crime then rodman should've already been put in jail for visiting north korea imho.