PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr: "The Lakers are more scarier than good."

MarHill
04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Just said by him during the Thunder-Warriors game. Thank You Steve Kerr!

Somebody in the media with the proper perspective on that team. They gave up 41 points in the 1st quarter to Portland who was playing mostly rookies including Lillard.

But of course some Spurs fans are still scared of the Lakers even though they been mediocre at best even with Kobe dropping 30 points or so each game and bailing them out against bad teams.

TheGoldStandard
04-11-2013, 10:34 PM
The Lakers are scary in the sense that they'll get calls which can always stymie a lead and shift momentum. The only time the Lakers are on the short end of this stick is if they're playing the Thunder.

Poolboy5623
04-11-2013, 10:41 PM
What do you guys think of this "no play by play" crew? It's fine for about ten minutes ...and then the game just feels like a meaningless scrimmage. What were they thinking? I haven't heard Webber say much, in game. It's hard to watch for too long. You can only have so many guys doing the color.

Duncan2177
04-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Sure whatever you say Steve :lol

hooperflash
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh Steve :rolleyes

coachmac87
04-11-2013, 11:08 PM
ESPN opening statement on SportsCenter. "Even with the Lakers/Heat not playing tonight still a good night in NBA" #facepalm

coachmac87
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM
And is it a coincidence that OKC and Lakers lead league in FTA??

TheGoldStandard
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Yup, and right on cue the refs blow a whistle on a legit block on westbrook.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2013, 11:27 PM
He said that the Spurs would destroy their defense if Parker and Ginobili are even remotely healthy, which is true..

Spurs beat LA in 6 if Parker is healthy, Lakers have the worst perimeter defense of any playoff team..moot point though, since OKC is going to get LA in the 1st round..

milkyway21
04-11-2013, 11:38 PM
the Lakers in the playoffs brings back memories of that pathetic schedule when the Spurs faced them a day after a 7game 1st rnd series against the Hornets, & lost (pathetic schedule that was),
that no call foul against Manu...one impt playoff game.

And let's not forget Stern is still dreaming or a LAL Kobe vs LeBron showdown in the Finals before he retires,
so anything can happen...

hope they won't make it this yr...

hater
04-11-2013, 11:50 PM
"more scarier"

is this guy a fucking retard or what

spurs10
04-11-2013, 11:57 PM
"more scarier"

Perhaps he meant to say, " the Spurs are more better than the Lakers!"

SupremeGuy
04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
ESPN opening statement on SportsCenter. "Even with the Lakers/Heat not playing tonight still a good night in NBA" #facepalmIt's fucking sad that I actually have to ask this, but are you being serious?

hater
04-12-2013, 12:22 AM
ESPN opening statement on SportsCenter. "Even with the Lakers/Heat not playing tonight still a good night in NBA" #facepalm

I blame american society.

they reward individualism and flashyness over substance and team play. sad days

Man In Black
04-12-2013, 12:42 AM
I blame american society.

they reward individualism and flashyness over substance and team play. sad days
Those fux at the 4letter call that...HERO BALL! And they love it.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Miami doesn't play hero ball, tbh..

Man In Black
04-12-2013, 12:57 AM
MIA plays Hybrid Hero Ball. But unlike the LAL, the GM has given LeBron and Wade enough pieces to not have to be able to score 20 on 20 shots or something crazy like that.
Bean balled his ass off and lots of sports radio here in California, in addition to talking about 47 points in 48 minutes, would talk about how both Gasol and Howard felt that the ball needs to go to the post more. I'm not sure if Magic noticed it or not, but it took Game 78 for the LAL to get a back to back win. Game 78- Reality!

Sean Cagney
04-12-2013, 01:43 AM
the Lakers in the playoffs brings back memories of that pathetic schedule when the Spurs faced them a day after a 7game 1st rnd series against the Hornets, & lost (pathetic schedule that was),
that no call foul against Manu...one impt playoff game.

And let's not forget Stern is still dreaming or a LAL Kobe vs LeBron showdown in the Finals before he retires,
so anything can happen...

hope they won't make it this yr...

The no foul call was on Barry in 08 not manu, but you are right about a few things there.

And it was a 2nd round series against the Hornets not first! But they went to LA after a Delay of course in the flight and arrived late for a game one! Had a huge lead and that fatigue set in! What a setup that was!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuestmaster
04-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Kerr is right. But I hope the lakers give a long and tiring fight to oklahoma in the first round.

Juggity
04-12-2013, 02:21 AM

:lol showdown? It would be four straight thirty-point blowouts and utter humiliation

Cane
04-12-2013, 02:41 AM
ESPN execs are a bunch of NFL/MLB fans tbh...especially without MJ's brand doing the basketball work for them. Also gotta wonder if anyone likes working with Stern and Co.

Now the Lakers will be a pushover but they'll go down swinging and take some players down with them. Expect a few flagrants and all that physical jazz, kind of like what the 2nd seeded Mavs did to the 7th seeded Spurs in the first round a while back.

Should be fun :flag:

iManu
04-12-2013, 03:53 AM
I'm not afraid of the Lakers, I'm afraid of if we fuck up.

Mal
04-12-2013, 06:29 AM
You dont want to play against Lakers. Possible series with Spurs, would have too many not-basketball unknowns, that you dont want to deal with.

If NBA was clean or Lakers werent Stern`s favorite big market team, there wouldnt be anything to be afraid. But it is Stern`s NBA...

Plus, Kobe should be on wheelchair after month of 45+ mpg.

exstatic
04-12-2013, 06:46 AM
He said that the Spurs would destroy their defense if Parker and Ginobili are even remotely healthy, which is true..

Spurs beat LA in 6 if Parker is healthy, Lakers have the worst perimeter defense of any playoff team..moot point though, since OKC is going to get LA in the 1st round..
The problem is, they will BOTH be playing their way back into shape in the first round.

boutons_deux
04-12-2013, 07:50 AM
I watched the game some in the first half. There was almost no discussion of the game on the screen. Non-stop bullshit as each tried to squeeze in his amazing, insightful take on anything but the GSW-OKC game, which interested them not at all. MUTED!

bklynspursfan
04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
"more scarier"

Saw a guy on twitter and he said Kerr's line was more along the lines of "Lakers are more frightening as an idea than actually good as a basketball team"

That probably sounds more like something Kerr would say, it's not like he's Chuck or Shaq when it comes to speaking properly

coachmac87
04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
It's fucking sad that I actually have to ask this, but are you being serious?

Yeahhhh. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. We all hate BSPN. But they have so much control in sports they pretty much can dictate what they want. Money talks

dunkman
04-12-2013, 11:52 AM
The Lakers vets heroing to the finals from the 8th seed would be a fantastic story, plus Kobe officially passing the tourch to LeBron. Scary definitely . . .

Richie
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
As Bruno said, there is no way we play the Lakers in the first round.

If we beat them, they probably won't make the #8
If they beat us, we probably won't make them #1.

Personally I'm still hoping to face the Jazz in the first round. I'm frightened of Harden if we have to play the Rockets.

purist
04-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Perhaps he meant to say, " the Spurs are more better than the Lakers!"

No, Kerr is not a retard. he's certainly smarter than, oh I'd say, 99 percent of the people who post on here.

Sportcamper
04-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I agree with Steve Kerr...The Spurs are more better....