PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Durant is a level above the rest of the NBA..

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 04:28 AM
Excluding Lebron, obviously, Durant is clearly a level above the rest of the NBA..

Dominos is one of the ugliest players in the NBA, he's in too many commercials, his mom is obese and he's arguably the most ref-protected player in NBA history, but I've been very impressed with his improvements this year, tbh..

He has developed his passing, his defense is now above average to good, he's one of the most efficient players in NBA history..he's clearly well above the rest of the league, excluding his massuh Lebron James..he's overshadowed by Lebron, but even guys like Kobe and Carmelo are unjustly receiving more hype..

I hope his balls descend at some point and he becomes an alpha, tbh, as Lebron vs. Durant has the potential to be Magic vs. Bird part 2..it probably won't happen, because Durant is a pussy boy that lacks confidence induced by years of bullying for not washing his face, but let's hope it does, tbh..

Thread
04-12-2013, 05:39 AM
He's got a problem=Rilstra there in Miami.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock......

BobaFett1
04-12-2013, 08:45 AM
kd is on the learning curve while the master lebron plays at a mvp level

Raven
04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
i don't think being or not an alpha, has anything to do with the results he gets on the court. i may as well say that him being a beta makes him better.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
i don't think being or not an alpha, has anything to do with the results he gets on the court. i may as well say that him being a beta makes him better.

Durant lacking alpha traits leads to Westbrook taking over, which is generally hit or miss, tbh..

The Thunder are Westbrook's team..the only reason the storyline hasn't received more hype is because Durant has a clean, humble image..when OKC loses this year, the media will begin exercising the storyline of Durant being too beta, tbh..

I hope he becomes a man soon, it would be good for the NBA..

Killakobe81
04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Durant lacking alpha traits leads to Westbrook taking over, which is generally hit or miss, tbh..

The Thunder are Westbrook's team..the only reason the storyline hasn't received more hype is because Durant has a clean, humble image..when OKC loses this year, the media will begin exercising the storyline of Durant being too beta, tbh..

Gotta agree with Harlem ...
Being the alpha doesnt mean he has to be selfish ... but he definitely needs to be able to keep the team in check from time to time Westbrook included.

Prime example: Dirk calling out JET for some shaky shot selection in the playoffs in 2011, IF Dirk does not do that and JET accept the feedback ...Maybe Mavs lose to heat in 2011...

Another: Kobe insisting that Pau shoot the ball in 2009 and 2010

Neither guy is the quintessential leader one more selfish than the other, but both alphas ...

I think Harlem is asking Durant to at LEAST do that ...

Raven
04-12-2013, 11:52 AM

westchuck is the pg, of course he has to have the ball in his hands more. Who gets the ball when it matters is rather debatable, against the heat it probably shouldn't go to durant considering the matchup advantage westchuck has. Against the spurs i though durant took over well enough when he had to.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2013, 01:25 PM

I've said this before, but I wonder if Durant just realizes how fucking crazy Refsbrook is and understands that no player will ever be able to convince him to alter his game. I think Durant is just doing some triage at this point with the knowledge that the moment he challenges Russell, shit hits the fan completely and the team disintegrates. RB is that fucking crazy, IMO. I don't think he'll ever be able to accept being led by someone. He's got a serious case of the Kobe's.

Killakobe81
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Ridiculous plus, I have seen games they lose without Russ being aggressive ..But this ain't about Westbrook as good as Russ is he is not on Durant's KD has to find the right way to lead them to a chip

CitizenDwayne
04-12-2013, 01:55 PM
So Durant is the second-best player (by far) behind Lebron...

astonishing revelation.

Halberto
04-12-2013, 02:08 PM
What's with you always talking about how ugly he is? Do you check players out as you watch games or something?

LOL at you calling him a pussy. I bet you're afraid when you have to talk to girls (or guys?).

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
So Durant is the second-best player (by far) behind Lebron...

astonishing revelation.

Most people don't have him a level above the rest of the league, I've heard plenty of people claim Paul has been as good, and even Kobe, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
What's with you always talking about how ugly he is? Do you check players out as you watch games or something?

LOL at you calling him a pussy. I bet you're afraid when you have to talk to girls (or guys?).

Go wash your face, b..

ShowtimeFan
04-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Agree with everything here so I must be in the wrong place. Can someone kindly direct a newby to the ST nba forum?

thunderup
04-12-2013, 04:11 PM
OP has a serious problem hiding his sexuality.

AaronY
04-12-2013, 05:26 PM

I don't think there is anything Durant can do to stop Westbrook from being a chucker. It's too ingrained in Westbrook, I mean its a little over-rated its not like Westbrook is some Marbury, Francis, or Monta level chucker but that's part of the problem..Russ is good enough to be the best player on a team that can win a playoff series but never a championship so when his ball dominating succeeds against 2/3s of the third of the league he fools himself into thinking he can be the best player on a title team.

When he should be concentrating on being a Scottie Pippen/Garnett/Gary Payton/Jason Kidd a top level role player but one who still can dominate a game by taking over in several facets instead of just trying to take over with his scoring Shame Westbrook will never have that mindset

irishock
02-16-2014, 05:15 PM
:wow.... a year later it's coming to fruition, tbh... How he plays after Westbrook's return will determine if he's finally come together, shredding that pussy boy label..

JohnnyMax
02-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Competition was stronger last year. Kobe and Melo had their best seasons. Curry, Harden and Westbrook broke out as superstars.

Thread
02-16-2014, 06:52 PM
From 04-12-2013

He's got a problem=Rilstra there in Miami.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock......

This had to be just before I went on the old hiatus.