PDA

View Full Version : Peace out Stak5....Thanks fer the good times

tenbeersbold
04-12-2013, 05:39 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n126/tenbeersbold/40ztribute.jpg

baseline bum
04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Sad sad day. Best of luck in the future wherever it takes you Stak5.

Bruno
04-12-2013, 05:47 PM
No way I will thank him for being a selfish asshole.

Mugen
04-12-2013, 05:48 PM
I'll have good memories of Jack tbh and always will.

Too bad he killed his NBA career with this move.

Pop
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
:toast

"If you're scared go to church" SJAX 2012

Pop is overpaid and has an inflated ego as well so I won't blame SJax without knowing how it went down and we'll never know.

timvp
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Trill til the end.

In a way, this was kinda an apropos way for him to go out.

Thanks for the good times :tu

timvp
04-12-2013, 05:51 PM

Meh, you take away Jack's rabid self confidence and you don't have an NBA level player.

The same thing that made him trustworthy in tough times is the same thing that was his ultimate demise. Same thing happened with Avery Johnson. If you're going to take the good end of that trait, you have to live with the negatives.

Robz4000
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Gonna miss you Cap't Jack!

Wish you weren't going out this way, tho...

timtonymanu
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Shitty way for Jack to go out, but hey we may be still bitching about Richard Jefferson if the Jack trade never went down.

Mugen
04-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Dude's had a rough year. Not sure if he deserves 100% of the blame as Pop can be a selfish asshole as well tbh.

Bruno
04-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Meh, you take away Jack's rabid self confidence and you don't have an NBA level player.

The same thing that made him trustworthy in tough times is the same thing that was his ultimate demise. Same thing happened with Avery Johnson. If you're going to take the good end of that trait, you have to live with the negatives.

Letting the team down one week before the playoffs is a too big negative for me to live with.

In a couple of years, there will maybe only left the good memories of 03' but not for the moment.

TheGoldStandard
04-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Pop is nobody without Tim Duncan, his rotations have been shit and he'll pull a player out even if they've just hit 3 or 4 in a role while everyone is stagnant for no reason.

timvp
04-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Letting the team down one week before the playoffs is a too big negative for me to live with.

In a couple of years, there will maybe only left the good memories of 03' but not for the moment.

It looks like something that has been bubbling all season. It sounds like the Spurs finally gave up on him producing enough to offset his "normal" issues.

If Jack were playing great, they'd live with Jack being Jack. But him sucking changed the equation.

So, yeah, I don't put much stock in the "it's unforgivable because it's right before the playoffs" angle.

Proxy
04-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Pop is nobody without Tim Duncan, his rotations have been shit and he'll pull a player out even if they've just hit 3 or 4 in a role while everyone is stagnant for no reason.

please stop posting, thanks

Bruno
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
It looks like something that has been bubbling all season. It sounds like the Spurs finally gave up on him producing enough to offset his "normal" issues.

Well, there have been a report few days ago saying that Jack had a huge meltdown. So, while Jack certainly wasn't happy with his role for a long time, he make it an unsolvable issue just before the playoffs. If he had some kind of respect for the team and his teammates, he wouldn't have done that.

RD2191
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
:hat

Spur|n|Austin
04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Much love old school; you walked to the beat of your own drum, and someone taming that was dead wrong.

timvp
04-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, there have been a report few days ago saying that Jack had a huge meltdown. So, while Jack certainly wasn't happy with his role for a long time, he make it an unsolvable issue just before the playoffs. If he had some kind of respect for the team and his teammates, he wouldn't have done that.

If he was playing well, the Spurs would have just shrugged it off as Jack being Jack. It became "unsolvable" because he has sucked recently.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-12-2013, 06:09 PM
A3oFezUsfeA

Floyd Pacquiao
04-12-2013, 06:10 PM
peace out my nig... thanks for game 6 wcf 03 and game 6 nba finals 03...a trill nigga till the end...brought that swag and never backed down from no one (not even pop)...to bad you let your ego get the best of you and it had to end like this..

crc21209
04-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for everything Jack. :tu Damn it. I still can't believe this. I had a feeling he was going to have a playoff moment or two in the post-season...guess not.

Bruno
04-12-2013, 06:11 PM
If he was playing well, the Spurs would have just shrugged it off as Jack being Jack. It became "unsolvable" because he has sucked recently.

Or it becomes unsolvable because Jack makes it a bigger issue lately by bitching more and louder...

We won't know for sure until knowing the full story but I'm convinced Jack significantly increased his bitching because of that report and because I don't see why Spurs would have put themselves in such a shitty situation roster wise one week before the playoffs without a good reason to do so.

BatManu20
04-12-2013, 06:25 PM
My lasting memory of SJAX. Never forget..

Lm6hepN6L84

EricB
04-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Or it becomes unsolvable because Jack makes it a bigger issue lately by bitching more and louder...

We won't know for sure until knowing the full story but I'm convinced Jack significantly increased his bitching because of that report and because I don't see why Spurs would have put themselves in such a shitty situation roster wise one week before the playoffs without a good reason to do so.

Cant argue with this.

superjames1992
04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
The team will be better with this scrub off the team, tbh. People had irrational expectations that he would come through after sucking ass all season and hit 20,000 threes in the playoffs, but it wasn't happening. This is a good thing for the team. We need to rid our body of the malignant tumor before it kills us. No one said it wouldn't hurt.

benefactor
04-12-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.lemondrop.com/media/2010/10/pour-some-beer-out-for-homies.jpg

timvp
04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu5P4pOUuYk

foodie2
04-12-2013, 06:48 PM

What does this even mean? " 3 or 4 in a role"--is this English?

Pop
04-12-2013, 06:51 PM
What does this even mean? " 3 or 4 in a role"--is this English?

In a row obviously... You never mistyped I'm sure.

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2013, 06:51 PM
thanks for being the only one with a pulse last year

Budkin
04-12-2013, 07:03 PM
The game tonight is going to be a complete disaster.

cd98
04-12-2013, 07:03 PM

Its not his overconfidence. It's his unwillingness to put his ego a side for the team. Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut and prove his point on the court? He was getting consistent minutes. He was totally selfish and if his release hurts the Spurs in the playoffs, then it will be Jackson's fault for being a cancer when he was supposed to be a veteran leader.

timtonymanu
04-12-2013, 07:05 PM
The game tonight is going to be a complete disaster.

Why do you think so? TP will be back. The Kings might be tanking. I'm interested to see how the team's mentality would be. If Jack was truly distracting, I'm sure it would help them.

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Its not his overconfidence. It's his unwillingness to put his ego a side for the team. Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut and prove his point on the court? He was getting consistent minutes. He was totally selfish and if his release hurts the Spurs in the playoffs, then it will be Jackson's fault for being a cancer when he was supposed to be a veteran leader.

That "unwillingness to put his ego aside" was the only reason he was on this team

Spurs Brazil
04-12-2013, 07:09 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p6Ts-gQkwZo/T2JLZjyMNqI/AAAAAAAADXM/0hbGtJlyqhQ/s640/1.jpg

Brazil
04-12-2013, 07:20 PM

Thats cold as ice but can't argue a lot against that.

not wanting to bring Parker everywhere but if he had half of this behavior and spurs were obliged to waive him He would have been hung at the tree of the woe by all ST

Brazil
04-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Anyway I have always been a jax fan, so good luck for him and thank you for all.

therealtruth
04-12-2013, 07:25 PM

Jax value isn't measured by regular season wins otherwise Bonner should be our MVP. You would expect Pop to know that.

Budkin
04-12-2013, 07:27 PM

Lm6hepN6L84

Fuck we should have won that game.... aggggghghghggh

therealtruth
04-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Lm6hepN6L84

We can look forward to getting swept by OKC now. I just don't think the Spurs have a chance now. He's a big part of the reason we only lost that series 4-2.

superjames1992
04-12-2013, 07:30 PM

Lm6hepN6L84
And we lost that game, per par, tbh.

DJR210
04-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Pop diss on a Big K.R.I.T produced track?

jag
04-12-2013, 07:36 PM
We'll always have The Malice at the Palace, Jack. No one can ever take that anyway from us.

Ditty
04-12-2013, 07:39 PM
And we lost that game, per par, tbh.

Yeah and we probably would have lost by 20 if we wasn't playing....

superjames1992
04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah and we probably would have lost by 20 if we wasn't playing....
A loss is a loss.

rmt
04-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I can see how things could build up to a boiling point. On SJax side, his contract situation, playing poorly all year, the death of his child, and lately his appearance on the 10 most overpaid NBA players. On Pop's side, the minor bangs and bruises to TP, Manu's hamstring, Diaw's surgery and SJax acting up - all right before the playoffs. What a shame - such a promising year with TD rolling back the hands of time.

SJax's toughness will be missed. No one else on the team had that.

Ditty
04-12-2013, 08:03 PM
A loss is a loss.

yeah and your enjoying 4 extra days of summer without Jack

SpurPadre
04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
The team will be better with this scrub off the team, tbh. People had irrational expectations that he would come through after sucking ass all season and hit 20,000 threes in the playoffs, but it wasn't happening. This is a good thing for the team. We need to rid our body of the malignant tumor before it kills us. No one said it wouldn't hurt.

malignant tumor? Yes, his name is Matt Bonner.

HI-FI
04-12-2013, 08:20 PM
sad to see things go this way. I knew when one poster on here said Jax had a meltdown that it sounded true.

Jax is a personal fave, but I can't deny i"ve been utterly disappointed with his play this season. I kept hoping a Robert Horry-esque playoff would ensue, but we won't know.

Best of luck to Jax, sad to see him go but that's how things roll.

Sean Cagney
04-12-2013, 08:23 PM

Spurs have no backup SF at all, they are not better.

Thanks for the memories Jax......
malignant tumor? Yes, his name is Matt Bonner.

THANK YOU.....

TE
04-12-2013, 08:28 PM
There's gonna be a lack of toughness that will be evident at some point in a playoff game tbh

Oh well...

jermaine
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
I kinda feel the same way. Pop wouldn't have those rings without Duncan. All that tryna turn Mason an Neal to a pg.shows you the real Pop. The lineup of Blair an Bonner also. The no playing of Baynes makes me wanna slap that fool.

SpurPadre
04-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Spurs have no backup SF at all, they are not better.

Thanks for the memories Jax......

THANK YOU.....

The Matt Bonner tumor is so bad, it grows on kids' heads: http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/D.mD1NRCstewGPhwjOaJeQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/MB51612.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Sad news. At the start of the season I thought Jax's ferocity and crunch-time shot-making would really help us this year, but it has turned out not to be.

Later Jax, all the best - I'll always remember you for 2003.

PS Bruno, are the any salary cap implications to this? I mean, if he'd been on the playoff roster would that have changed anything in the off-season (cap holds and such)?

KaiRMD1
04-13-2013, 02:17 AM
To Stak Jack, dude has the mental toughness to bring nasty all the time. I'm afraid the balls of the team is gone now sadly. Will miss you but am glad you got to rock Spurs colors again.

KaiRMD1
04-13-2013, 02:18 AM
I kinda feel the same way. Pop wouldn't have those rings without Duncan. All that tryna turn Mason an Neal to a pg.shows you the real Pop. The lineup of Blair an Bonner also. The no playing of Baynes makes me wanna slap that fool.

I still recall when we were killing the Knicks, he took out a hot shooting Tiago Splitter and put in an extremely turnover heavy Manu Ginobili & Tony Parker we fuckin' lost the game. Smart move Pop. His best move of the playoffs will be keeping Bonner in after the other team goes on a 13-0 run

SenorSpur
04-13-2013, 02:28 AM
When you look at all things considered, it's not the first time that he's forced his way off of an NBA team. I just thought Jack had too much respect for Pop and the Spurs organization to have ever allowed himself to become such a malcontent. I wonder if his poor play can be attributed to the fact that he was so unhappy or because he's actually in decline? Perhaps it could be both. Still, the timing on this whole thing sucks.

manu the best
04-13-2013, 02:35 AM
It sucks to see captain jack leave this way.. Specially after what his teamates think about him.. Timmy called him the ultimate teammate at one point.. But it also serves as an example for the young guys in our team.. That nobody is above the team..

hater
04-13-2013, 06:24 AM
I agree this decision is more jax was being a distraction than him "suking". Its jax. He was going to show up in the playoffs. But his mouth was too damn big and that was that. His mouth killed jax. Not his regular season game

Bruno
04-13-2013, 06:29 AM
PS Bruno, are the any salary cap implications to this? I mean, if he'd been on the playoff roster would that have changed anything in the off-season (cap holds and such)?

There would have a cap hold to keep bird rights on him but this cap hold could have been easily removed by renouncing to his rights.

So, basically, it changes nothing regarding this summer and Spurs salary cap situation.

exstatic
04-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Sad news. At the start of the season I thought Jax's ferocity and crunch-time shot-making would really help us this year, but it has turned out not to be.

Later Jax, all the best - I'll always remember you for 2003.

I believe there is no cap hold now that he's been waived, but I'm not sure that's even a factor. It sounds now like they would have immediately renounced him this summer, so there would have been no cap hold anyway.

TampaDude
04-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Happy Trails, Jack...best of luck wherever you land... :toast

boutons_deux
04-13-2013, 09:00 AM
You shit in your own bed, Jack, but you still get paid. cool

jermaine
04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
I loveJack man, but it really does send a message to the young core of the team. Regardless of where we are, how depleted we are, or what we're trying to accomplish. You can an will get in line or get out of it. More teams should be like that. These Divas in the NBA are spoiled an the FO should stand behind the coach at all cost. I hate the move myself, but it is what's best for the team.

John B
04-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Can't blame Jack for what he went through with his wife this year. He could be giving Spurs a chance to pick-up a replacement before the playoffs however impossible that may seem to be. I trust the FO to have something in mind making this drastic move. But I would miss Jack's tough defense and enforcer role in the playoffs, especially against Durant and hopefully against LeBron. So long Capt Jack :toast

boutons_deux
04-13-2013, 09:42 AM
"You can an will get in line or get out of it."

that sounds too authoritarian.

Pop has created an organization where 10s of players have come and gone, while "buying into the system" because they respected Pop and the other players who, by their example AND results (like getting rings), bought into the system.

While Pop has said, somewhat defensively, that not all Spurs are Boy Scouts, by and large, character and coachability are characteristics they include in their hiring.

therealtruth
04-13-2013, 10:01 AM
"You can an will get in line or get out of it."

that sounds too authoritarian.

Pop has created an organization where 10s of players have come and gone, while "buying into the system" because they respected Pop and the other players who, by their example AND results (like getting rings), bought into the system.

While Pop has said, somewhat defensively, that not all Spurs are Boy Scouts, by and large, character and coachability are characteristics they include in their hiring.

Is Pop more interested in running the Spurs Boy Scouts or winning a championship? You sometimes have to tolerate players like Jax if you want to win a championship. I've never seen a group of Boy Scouts win a championship.

Bruno
04-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Can't blame Jack for what he went through with his wife this year.

:rolleyes

Where am I blaming him for that ?

silverblackfan
04-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Good luck in the future Jack and thanks for the memories.:toast

Hate to see him go, as he was one of the toughest players the Spurs had. I have to assume he was just rocking the boat too much to keep him around. It was a ballsy move to cut him now. We will have to see if the team can get back on track. If they flame out, this is one of the reasons. If they start hitting their stride and playing better ball, then this could be the reason. Tough to know, especially the way the Spurs keep all their information close to the vest.