PDA

View Full Version : The one POTENTIAL good thing about all this craziness...

capek
04-12-2013, 08:08 PM
With all the injuries, the surgery, the poor play, the waving of TOSB, all this madness to end the season, but if the Spurs are able to get their shit together and go on a run this postseason, it's going to be extra fucking magical!

That is all. :flag:

MSPaint
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Hooray Optimism!!

Sean Cagney
04-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they aren't going anywhere and we know it. I love the team but things won't just magically fix themselves because the playoffs come.

capek
04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I make no claim as to likelihood, I'm just making an if...then statement, one which I feel is undeniable. :hat

SpurPadre
04-12-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm trying to be positive but there's always this huge dose of reality with the Jax cut: more Bonner in the playoffs...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurraider21
04-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Bonner to hit the game winning 3 in 2OT game 7 in OKC. BOOK IT

RD2191
04-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Tf cares bout jax. This teams ceiling is the WCF with or without jax.

SpurPadre
04-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Bonner to hit the game winning 3 in 2OT game 7 in OKC. BOOK IT

Is that Durant's next Gatorade commercial?

itzsoweezee
04-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Nothing you listed is typical of a championship team. Quite the opposite. This team is on the verge of crashing and burning. It's inevitable at this point.

HI-FI
04-12-2013, 09:14 PM
one good thing is this season won't be as much of a heartbreak as last year.

baseline bum
04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
And if I get to fuck Erin Barry bareback at halftime during game 7 of the Finals that would make this run even more memorable.

purist
04-12-2013, 11:13 PM

Sure about that? Sounds like a bunch of y'all are just that - heartbroken- because the 9th guy off the bench just got cut.

KaiRMD1
04-12-2013, 11:29 PM
And eva longoria will take back Tony Parker. First round exit

Budkin
04-13-2013, 12:21 AM

I still can't believe we lost the way we did last year. We were just about a lock to take it home...

spurs10
04-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Well if adversity makes you stronger then we are going to a force to be reckoned with...:lol I'm sure things could be worse, but maybe we'll see some of that strong play we had earlier in the season. That's all I've wondered...have we already played our best? I just don't want to believe it. I thought you were going to say the most positive thing to come out of this is Kawhi playing 40 minutes a game. I still have a feeling the best is yet to come.
:flag::ihit:flag:

Ditty
04-13-2013, 12:38 AM
The ship is sinking, we might get past Houston in 6 game but everything after that is going to go down fast.

superjames1992
04-13-2013, 12:40 AM
The ship is sinking, we might get past Houston in 6 game but everything after that is going to go down fast.
If our ship is sinking, then the Lakers' ship is already at the bottom of the ocean and the passengers are being eaten by sharks, tbh.

Ditty
04-13-2013, 12:48 AM
If our ship is sinking, then the Lakers' ship is already at the bottom of the ocean and the passengers are being eaten by sharks, tbh.

If that's the way you want to put it now that Kobe is done

spurs10
04-13-2013, 01:04 AM
Yep!

crc21209
04-13-2013, 01:11 AM
Why is everybody so down? :lol So our season depended on Jack huh? Meh...not really. The season still comes down to how far the Big 3 and Kawhi take us. They can still make the WCF's. Once there, I'm not so sure...

justinandimcool
04-13-2013, 01:17 AM
We're basically last season's Spurs before we traded RJ, except without RJ.

sananspursfan21
04-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Thinking along the same lines actually... Idk aren't these the kind of wild stupid situations that some teams come out of nowhere and make everybody look like idiots for doubting? Not saying it will happen but one thing I've learned about being a spurs fan is that the spurs have an nba 2k rating of 99 for intangibles

skulls138
04-13-2013, 01:22 AM
If TP gets back to his pre injury ways, Im gonna feel alot better.

Sean Cagney
04-13-2013, 01:22 AM

That is a good and a bad thing, last year gave us hope! This year NOPE.

SenorSpur
04-13-2013, 01:36 AM
The one potential good thing about all this craziness is the Spurs will have an additional $10mil to spend next year.

Sean Cagney
04-13-2013, 01:51 AM
The one potential good thing about all this craziness is the Spurs will have an additional $10mil to spend next year.

He was off the books next year anyways, wasn't he????????? They were not going to resign him anyways, so releasing him right now does them no good.

jestersmash
04-13-2013, 01:54 AM

That would've been true regardless. You can't chalk that up as a positive for Jackson being waived.

racm
04-13-2013, 02:56 AM
We're basically last season's Spurs before we traded RJ, except without RJ.

And no real PG on the bench. At least they had T.J. Ford.

racm
04-13-2013, 02:57 AM
Thinking along the same lines actually... Idk aren't these the kind of wild stupid situations that some teams come out of nowhere and make everybody look like idiots for doubting? Not saying it will happen but one thing I've learned about being a spurs fan is that the spurs have an nba 2k rating of 99 for intangibles

They said the Warriors would get beaten to a pulp by the Mavs.

Who would, after all, BELIEVE in a squad featuring known "bad guys", an injury prone fat PG, and no legitimate big men on the roster?

Russo21
04-13-2013, 06:35 AM
which is worse

kobe gone/manu hobbled, diaw out, jackson gone for good.

OKC, Denver and the Clips must be feeling pretty good about coming out of the West. That said, i still believe the Spurs can win this fucken thing.

hater
04-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Dumb tbh

wut
04-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Nothing you listed is typical of a championship team. Quite the opposite. This team is on the verge of crashing and burning. It's inevitable at this point.
Yeh as Spurs fans we're used to seeing other weaker teams implode under the pressure of the playoffs, but sadly that very well may be the Spurs this year. Pop has done a horrible job of getting his team mentally ready. Spurs have absolutely no momentum, it's so bad (and he knows it) that he is having to play Parker these last few games in hopes that it will bring some kind of confidence back to the team, instead of resting Parker as he needs.

purist
04-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Reality check-
Spurs - no jack and dinged up Manu and diaw both of whom will be back at some point
Okc - no harden and a point guard who refuses to share ball with leagues top scorer in Durant
Memphis - no gay
Denver - dinged Lawson no gallinari
Lakers - no Kobe
Bottom line - jack was no longer a difference maker; hence it was not worth putting up with his shenanigans
And Duncan is playing like he's 30 not 36; tony is legit MVP candidate; kanji is an emerging star; tiago is far different player than he was a year ago

pgardn
04-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Yeh as Spurs fans we're used to seeing other weaker teams implode under the pressure of the playoffs, but sadly that very well may be the Spurs this year. Pop has done a horrible job of getting his team mentally ready. Spurs have absolutely no momentum, it's so bad (and he knows it) that he is having to play Parker these last few games in hopes that it will bring some kind of confidence back to the team, instead of resting Parker as he needs.

What you have stated above could be used as a reason for playing Parker before the playoffs.

Cmon man....

Aint Nobody got time fo twisted logic.

wut
04-13-2013, 08:10 AM
What you have stated above could be used as a reason for playing Parker before the playoffs.

Cmon man....

Aint Nobody got time fo twisted logic.

It's been months since I've seen fire in the Spurs eyes, with or without Parker.

DDUBB1770
04-13-2013, 08:40 AM
It's been months since I've seen fire in the Spurs eyes, with or without Parker.

This

Captivus
04-13-2013, 10:08 AM
POs success depends of players like TS, Green, Kiwi and Neal. They will no t held accountable if losing but they are the ones the Spurs need to make to the finals. The big 3 will do their thing, but the cant win alone.

pgardn
04-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Save the fire and brimstone for the playoffs.

And we are and have been one of the least firey for a very long time.

Composure with confidence. Question the confidence...

superbigtime
04-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Watching this team crumble makes the meltdown of last year WCF more painful. I totally blame this wacko coach. COY led the team to a complete collapse and panicked yet again. I've got ZERO expectations. I mean ZERO.

purist
04-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Lol! The panic of geek fans who have no skin in the game calling out a coach who's livelihood and reputation are always on the line. I'll say it again, what gamed have y'all been watchong? Jax has sucked - turnovers, missed wide open 3s; the occasional stellar play is often sandwiched in between screwed up plays- either clanks or getting beat off dribble and drawing fouls.

BackHome
04-13-2013, 06:47 PM
That and you add Diaw out having back surgery and then you add Manu hamstring tear = heartbroken

Phenomanul
04-14-2013, 01:08 AM
So Duncan gets No. 5 this year... Kobe joins the Spurs next season and they both get No. 6 as a dual swan song to their legacy... That! would be good craziness...

Sean Cagney
04-14-2013, 01:42 AM
That and you add Diaw out having back surgery and then you add Manu hamstring tear = heartbroken

Not me, I let up on having high expectations a while ago and won't get heartbroken again!!!!!!!!! This is not the title years Spurs, not even close IMO.

Sean Cagney
04-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Watching this team crumble makes the meltdown of last year WCF more painful. I totally blame this wacko coach. COY led the team to a complete collapse and panicked yet again. I've got ZERO expectations. I mean ZERO.Keep the expectations to Zero man and stay there. last years WCF's did not even destroy me for some reason? I mean I was upset some yes but I did not expect a title again TBH! I was upset yes but man I did not go into tears or hurt like it was 04 or 06 again. I gave up on this team being a title team around 09 or so! After that I just said if they do it it's gravy, but I knew inside they were not that great anymore.

Last year was our last shot though honestly, I know that now and it stings now that I think of the run they had! They were so close! Shortened year! Health! 20 game streak! What more could you ask for :( That was their run, it ended but hey they made a huge run again at it so to that I give thanks! 011 it was all over IMO and the end, last year they proved me wrong.
Reality check-
Spurs - no jack and dinged up Manu and diaw both of whom will be back at some point
Okc - no harden and a point guard who refuses to share ball with leagues top scorer in Durant
Memphis - no gay
Denver - dinged Lawson no gallinari
Lakers - no Kobe
Bottom line - jack was no longer a difference maker; hence it was not worth putting up with his shenanigans
And Duncan is playing like he's 30 not 36; tony is legit MVP candidate; kanji is an emerging star; tiago is far different player than he was a year ago
They are not better and do not have the same chemistry as last year, period. Who is KANJI BTW? New secret weapon????????

The_Worlds_finest
04-14-2013, 01:51 AM
So Duncan gets No. 5 this year... Kobe joins the Spurs next season and they both get No. 6 as a dual swan song to their legacy... That! would be good craziness...
I am with you!

The_Worlds_finest
04-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Spurs have 10 mil off the books and another 14 in Ginobili. Al Jefferson is a FA. Parker Green Leonard Duncan Jefferson....Whats not to like?

heyheymymy
04-14-2013, 04:28 AM
kanji? kiwi? what the fuck are you noobs smokin?

capek
04-17-2013, 12:10 PM
It has begun. :hat

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIAIHaPCAAAItwS.jpg:large