PDA

View Full Version : Spurs can do no worse than the #2 seed.

MarHill
04-12-2013, 10:53 PM
With the Nuggets losing tonight in Dallas, the Spurs will have the 2 seed. The Thunder are killing the Blazers right now. They will have the 1 seed.

Pop may shut Duncan and Parker down on Lakers-Warriors back-to-back.

therealtruth
04-12-2013, 10:58 PM
With the Nuggets losing tonight in Dallas, the Spurs will have the 2 seed. The Thunder are killing the Blazers right now. They will have the 1 seed.

He should at least try to win the Lakers game to keep them out of the playoffs.

Ginobili2Duncan
04-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Now let's hope that Memphis doesn't move up to the number three seed.

jestersmash
04-12-2013, 11:03 PM

Parker just came back. Why would he shut Parker down? That makes zero sense.

He might let Tony skip one of the games since it's a back to back, but not both.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Spurs should play against the Lakers and go for the kill..it could kill LA's playoff hopes and it would be a confidence builder for the Spurs..

I'd rest them against Golden State on the back-to-back..Spurs getting the Warriors in the 1st round would be perfect, and losing that game to them would aid them in getting the 7th seed..

TJastal
04-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Spurs should play against the Lakers and go for the kill..it could kill LA's playoff hopes and it would be a confidence builder for the Spurs..

I'd rest them against Golden State on the back-to-back..Spurs getting the Warriors in the 1st round would be perfect, and losing that game to them would aid them in getting the 7th seed..
Spurs would match up much better against the lakers... Curry is much more of a threat to go off in a series than Kobe, esp now that the spurs kobestopper (Leonard) is now guaranteed 40+ minutes.

jestersmash
04-12-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't think anyone can count as a "kobestopper", other than Kobe himself when he's having an off night and continues to shoot his team to a loss.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2013, 11:22 PM
The Warriors are a jump shooting team, more than any playoff team that I can remember, tbh..they also have a poor coach and the Spurs absolutely own them..

Robz4000
04-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Play the Lakers and end their playoff hopes. However, the Warriors beating the Spurs would help them hold on to the 6th seed...

TJastal
04-13-2013, 12:13 AM
The Warriors are a jump shooting team, more than any playoff team that I can remember, tbh..they also have a poor coach and the Spurs absolutely own them..

And jumpshooting teams have given the spurs fits all year. Do you really want to have Parker / DeColo trying to check Curry / Jack? Parker will expend all his energy on the defensive end and have nothing on offense. Those two will score 50+ guaranteed.

Typical London Boy
04-13-2013, 03:17 AM

Eh? Surely the Spurs beating the Warriors would make it more likely that they drop into seventh... letting them win would surely strengthen their position in sixth?

TampaDude
04-13-2013, 08:27 AM
I don't think anyone can count as a "kobestopper", other than Kobe himself when he's having an off night and continues to shoot his team to a loss.

Kobe stopped himself.

Blake
04-13-2013, 08:08 PM

Agreed.

and even if the Spurs lose that game, I want to force Kobe to play another 48 minutes

Blake
04-13-2013, 08:13 PM
K, i just saw that Kobe is done.

Now i want the Spurs to beat the Lakers so that OKC plays the Jazz.

milkyway21
04-13-2013, 08:51 PM
what if the Clippers will win tonight?
they will be both 54-26, what's the scenario?

Memphis vs Grizzlies you don't know who you'll be playing against in the 2nd rnd. right now they are neck to neck. I guess if these two meet in the 1st rnd there will be a 7-deciding-game ahead of them

Brunodf
04-13-2013, 09:19 PM
what if the Clippers will win tonight?
they will be both 54-26, what's the scenario?

Memphis vs Grizzlies you don't know who you'll be playing against in the 2nd rnd. right now they are neck to neck. I guess if these two meet in the 1st rnd there will be a 7-deciding-game ahead of them
:wtf

DejuanorwhatDude
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Quick question...can LAC or Memphis hit the 3 seed at this point?

Beaverfuzz
04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Yes, LAC can hit #3 easily. I'd much rather matchup with the Slipps than the Butt Nuggets.

LarryDavid
04-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes, LAC can hit #3 easily. I'd much rather matchup with the Slipps than the Butt Nuggets.

Even with how banged up the Nuggets are?