PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs vs. Kings - April 12

timvp
04-13-2013, 03:47 AM
Tim Duncan C+
It was an odd night at the office for the foundation. On O, he wasn't very sharp -- he missed too many makeable shots and was too sloppy with the ball. On D, his rebounding was subpar. However, he was able to provide great value in terms of energy on defense. His blocks, specifically, were key.

Tony Parker A-
Welcome back. There's not too much to complain about in his return. He was a bit too loose with the ball and held it too long at times, but that's about it. His efficiency was great and he made a lot of plays. One worrisome aspect: Physically, he didn't look great. I didn't see much of a burst out of him at all.

Kawhi Leonard B+
Other than being impotent from deep, he had a fine ballgame. On D, he was tenacious and was attentive away from the ball. On O, he was deadly within the arc. The Spurs ran a lot of plays for him and it paid off well.

Danny Green B
With the return of Parker, Green was able to slide into a more natural role. He took advantage of his clean looks and moved well away from the action. His passing was also timely. On D, he was acceptable. He got lost a few times but overall he was fine.

Tiago Splitter A-
It was great to see pep to his step. He rebounded, he challenged shots at the rim, he was quick to loose balls and ran the court well. His passing was excellent and he didn't have much trouble scoring. He can still play better but this was a big improvement from his recent play.

Gary Neal B+
Utilized as the main weapon off the bench, I was reasonably happy with how he played. He mostly took good shots. His passing, especially off the dribble, was a lot better than usual. His D was pretty damn bad at times but the Kings rarely made the Spurs pay.

DeJuan Blair B+
Solid across the board. D is still a weakness but he was able to retain some value on that end thanks to his fast hands and physicality. On O, he didn't do too much out of the ordinary -- but that in itself is a positive with him.

Matt Bonner B
His D was iffy and he didn't help much on that boards. That said, he drilled three threes in April (!) so this has to be regarded as a positive outing. Let's hope he can keep it up with Diaw out for an extended amount of time.

Nando De Colo C-
I'm struggling to think of much good to say. He made a handful of mistakes on D. His O lacked aggression -- yet he was still careless at times. The rookie wasn't a huge liability but I'm not sure where he helped the team on this night.

Pop B
Other than getting paranoid in the fourth quarter and riding his starters a little too long, Pop did well. With the injuries and the release of Stephen Jackson, the Spurs could have been caught without their heads in the game. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

racm
04-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Eh, solid win against a bad team that's been playing uptempo bball after the All-Star break.

Just need to pull out the last 3 games with a sense of coherence. Tony gets back into rhythm while Manu continues recuperating.

Robz4000
04-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Solid grades, but I'd of given Blair an A. He provided a lot of energy at key moments. Can't believe Bonner hit that many 3s; only remember him hitting one.

racm
04-13-2013, 03:52 AM
Let's hope Jax's mojo rubbed off on Bonner. He's been April Bonner per par.

Nero5
04-13-2013, 04:54 AM
the team got four offensive boards...four!

Chomag
04-13-2013, 07:15 AM
The overall grades seem a bit high to me for having almost been beaten by a team like Sac town, but thats just how I look at it.

Strategic
04-13-2013, 08:04 AM
I'd give TOSB a grade for providing some more adversity for the team.

skulls138
04-13-2013, 10:01 AM
The overall grades seem a bit high to me for having almost been beaten by a team like Sac town, but thats just how I look at it.
My thoughts exactly.

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
The Spurs weren't almost beaten, they had a 15 or so point lead with a few minutes left..the final score was closer than the actual result, as the Spurs kept throwing the ball away in the final minute or so..

MR-Clutch
04-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure if this is still true, but about a week ago, I read that the kings had the #1 offense since the all-star break. So all in all, not too bad of a defensive game.

superjames1992
04-13-2013, 11:14 AM
The Red Rocket is going to play his best ball of the season this postseason, tbh. The dude is going to be clutch just as he was in the 3PT contest, per par. Pop knows this and is increasing his minutes.

EricB
04-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Don't agree with the Tiago grade what so ever. Bonner too high as well.

Horse
04-13-2013, 11:22 AM
It really wasn't that close Nando seemed affected by Tony's return like he wasn't sure of his role. The kings hit a bunch of contested garbage shots. It wasn't always pretty but it's a start. I say rest everyone till minn.

spurs10
04-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Good grades! Tony's return showed signs of the team we can be. After an insane day, the win was just what everyone needed. If TP can come back to full speed, we will likely surprise a few folks. It's not like we've intentionally been playing possum, but we've looked a bit dead in the water lately.
:flag:

freetiago
04-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Big test for the Turds on Sunday
now with Bryant out they will have to play through Howard/Gasol and theyll probably be out there 40+ minutes
if its anything but a blood bath itll be a positive tbh

lefty
04-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Timmy is obviously devastated by the Jackson news

Strategic
04-13-2013, 03:41 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!!!

Brunodf
04-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Can't believe Spurs released Jack, should have traded him+Bonner+Neal in the trade deadline

wtgspurs
04-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Tim Duncan C+
It was an odd night at the office for the foundation. On O, he wasn't very sharp -- he missed too many makeable shots and was too sloppy with the ball. On D, his rebounding was subpar. However, he was able to provide great value in terms of energy on defense. His blocks, specifically, were key.

Tony Parker A-
Welcome back. There's not too much to complain about in his return. He was a bit too loose with the ball and held it too long at times, but that's about it. His efficiency was great and he made a lot of plays. One worrisome aspect: Physically, he didn't look great. I didn't see much of a burst out of him at all.

Kawhi Leonard B+
Other than being impotent from deep, he had a fine ballgame. On D, he was tenacious and was attentive away from the ball. On O, he was deadly within the arc. The Spurs ran a lot of plays for him and it paid off well.

Danny Green B
With the return of Parker, Green was able to slide into a more natural role. He took advantage of his clean looks and moved well away from the action. His passing was also timely. On D, he was acceptable. He got lost a few times but overall he was fine.

Tiago Splitter A-
It was great to see pep to his step. He rebounded, he challenged shots at the rim, he was quick to loose balls and ran the court well. His passing was excellent and he didn't have much trouble scoring. He can still play better but this was a big improvement from his recent play.

Gary Neal B+
Utilized as the main weapon off the bench, I was reasonably happy with how he played. He mostly took good shots. His passing, especially off the dribble, was a lot better than usual. His D was pretty damn bad at times but the Kings rarely made the Spurs pay.

DeJuan Blair B+
Solid across the board. D is still a weakness but he was able to retain some value on that end thanks to his fast hands and physicality. On O, he didn't do too much out of the ordinary -- but that in itself is a positive with him.

Matt Bonner B
His D was iffy and he didn't help much on that boards. That said, he drilled three threes in April (!) so this has to be regarded as a positive outing. Let's hope he can keep it up with Diaw out for an extended amount of time.

Nando De Colo C-
I'm struggling to think of much good to say. He made a handful of mistakes on D. His O lacked aggression -- yet he was still careless at times. The rookie wasn't a huge liability but I'm not sure where he helped the team on this night.

Pop B
Other than getting paranoid in the fourth quarter and riding his starters a little too long, Pop did well. With the injuries and the release of Stephen Jackson, the Spurs could have been caught without their heads in the game. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

You Should do a Final Report card at the end of the Season, that would be cool :flag:

siraulo23
04-13-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with your comments on Parker, he looked muh better than he did against thunder but he still didn't look quite right

He just made a lot of jumpshots