PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer Threatens to Sue Mother of Missing Girl

desflood
07-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Aruban libel threat in missing girl case
Jul. 7, 2005 at 9:45AM

The mother of a missing Alabama teenager could face a libel lawsuit for speaking publicly about two suspects' release from an Aruban jail.
Wednesday, after police released brothers Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, 18 and 21, based on lack of evidence, Beth Holloway Twitty made a statement to reporters denouncing the move.
Her 18-year-old daughter, Natalee Holloway, has been missing since May 30, and was last seen with the brothers and Joran Van Der Sloot, 17.
But the Kalpoe brothers' attorney, Elgin Zeppenfeldt, threatened legal action for the mother's remarks, CNN said.
He accused her of making "prejudicial, inflammatory, libelous and totally outrageous" statements.
"She called our client, Mr. Satish Kalpoe, a 'criminal ... involved in a violent crime against my daughter' and who is 'allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens,'" Zeppenfeldt said in a statement.
Late Wednesday, a lawyer for the Holloway family said the comments reflected "a mother's desperation after weeks of trying to find her daughter. When emotion kicks in, reason kicks out."
An apology was not ruled out, the report said.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
The kid should be thankful he got words from the mom instead of fists from the dad.

The good thing about this is the little pricks (the Kalpoes and Van Der Sloot) are starting to get a little cocky, and when they do, they'll screw up.

Hopefully the authorities are there and actually have the balls to bust them.

scott
07-07-2005, 11:27 PM
There is no reason to hold the two brothers, and what the mother said sould likely be construed as libelous.

scott
07-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Or do we Americans only believe in due process when it happens inside our borders?

The fact that this case is even news is retarded. Yes, it is sad that a girl is missing and probably dead. Newflash: shit happens every day.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-07-2005, 11:54 PM
has it been proven that these guys are the ones that killed or kidnapped her? if not then what happened to innocent until proven guilty? What the mother did is wrong, and someone should make her apologize at least, I know she desperate, but she can be desperate behind closed doors.

Clandestino
07-08-2005, 12:04 AM
why don't any of their stories match up? also, the cops fucked this one up from the beginning...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
There is no reason to hold the two brothers, and what the mother said sould likely be construed as libelous.

Yeah, they've only changed their story four times now about what happened that night.

Ever heard of aiding and abetting, captain constitution?

It sure is fucking easy for you to criticize the mother. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if three snot nosed punks wandered off with your daughter who turned up missing and presumed dead, and they had changed their stories multiple times to try and cover for each other.

Like I said, the kid's lucky he got trashed by the mom. If he would have come face to face with the father things would have been ugly.

I know if someone did that to my daughter they better pray to God that they were behind bars and stayed there.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah, they've only changed their story four times now about what happened that night.

Ever heard of aiding and abetting, captain constitution?

It sure is fucking easy for you to criticize the mother. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if three snot nosed punks wandered off with your daughter who turned up missing and presumed dead, and they had changed their stories multiple times to try and cover for each other.

Like I said, the kid's lucky he got trashed by the mom. If he would have come face to face with the father things would have been ugly.

I know if someone did that to my daughter they better pray to God that they were behind bars and stayed there.
what did they do Aggie?

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-08-2005, 12:35 AM
The fact that this is on the news (well, before the London attacks) 24/7 is beyond bullshit.

God, when the cable news channels are in a drought, they grab and save any drizzle they get.

Well, it flooded yesterday.

theinstitute
07-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I agree with Aggie. It is unfathomable to me that any parent, particurlarly a dad with little girls would not be borderline berserk at the thought of his daughters going through what she has presumably gone through. I would take my chances with a trial by jury after wasting those little punks.

Based on your comments, it is obvious that you do not have children; if you do, well then the Michael Dukakis bus is pulling up to your house now. Please get on!

Oh...and innocent until proven guilty? The fact that the stories have changed several times is probable cause, not to mention that these guys aren't even separated.