PDA

View Full Version : White & Black .'s...

Thread
04-13-2013, 02:27 PM
I bought a 65" Mitsubishi HD tv in '07. It fell out of warranty about the time Odom unloaded in the Summer of '09 in Orlando. About the time Dallas blocked us from tripling deep in the corner I saw a silver fleck on the screen on a May day in '11. I was about to flick it off when Katie-girl called me to dinner. By the time 11 turned to 12 I'd lost count of the white dots. I went on-line to investigate. The problem was widespread and without remedy that didn't involve a grand to two grand. A month ago the entire left side of the screen was covered in white dots. I'd integrated and an equal number of black dots had taken root as well. You know me, I'm a stubborn fuck, I wouldn't put it on the curb, or, take it to the Goodwill, + the old lady would no longer watch it and that was a bonus. tee, hee. This past Monday I went back on-line for a last chance search. I found it. Mitsubishi was providing a fix. The part was buried in the chassis and couldn't take the heat. They'd provide the part. I'd provide the $200.00 for the install. Yesterday the guy showed up and 1/2 later I have a picture that would blow your fuckin' shorts off, and I got to watch Katie-girl offset the $200 install charge.

ElNono
04-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Good to hear... always had positive experiences with Mitsubishi