PDA

View Full Version : Time to set the expectations low my friends

xtremesteven33
04-13-2013, 02:38 PM
In life we hit major ruts or are victims of circumstance that knock us down. In times like these, we learn to adapt and are forced to change our long term goals to short term goals. Setting our expectations a little lower to protect our state of mind and well being.

Having said that, I believe its time for us as Spurs fans to accept the plethora of misfortunes that have occurred to our team. For awhile now I've been really enjoying every minute of Spurs basketball with more appreciation of the opportunity to witness my hometown heroes in times of victory and defeat. Not knowing which one you will attain every game is the beauty of sport. It is now time to appreciate and look at every victory from here on out as a bonus.

superjames1992
04-13-2013, 02:39 PM
NBA Title or bust, tbh. No reason to strive to be "first loser."

Spur-Addict
04-13-2013, 02:45 PM
What i'd like to see is Kawhi have a breakout post season and really make a name for himself. Going forward that would do well in establishing himself as far as respect is concerned for the following year (getting calls and such).

Mal
04-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Dwight wont hit all those FT`s he`ll get.

Strategic
04-13-2013, 03:51 PM
If the Spurs could only be fortunate enough to draw the lakers in the playoffs.

wtgspurs
04-13-2013, 04:24 PM
The Spurs still got alotta fight left in them. C'mon

Poolboy5623
04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah, now itd be perfect to play L.A...with that said, I'm expecting kawhi to be finals mvp this year so let's do this. This season hasn't gone that much different from most over the last 5-6 years. Last season's yellow brick road all the way to the wcf 2-0 lead, has some forgetting that. Not like a shocker the guys are banged up after an 82 game season, fighting for the 1 seed overall. It took a near record streak by the heat to knock them back a peg..but otherwise have held tight, with all that's gone wrong. Going to be hard to "get healthy" in the post season but I still like their chances, if the right guys can step up. We'll have to see.

Budkin
04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/308/721/0609_large_display_image.jpg

xtremesteven33
04-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Im all for Spurs homerism but damn, even I have my limits and the Spurs Big 3 need to play like superstars for then to win it all.

Chomag
04-14-2013, 08:49 AM
As long as they compete till the end I'll be pleased with them.

racm
04-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Im all for Spurs homerism but damn, even I have my limits and the Spurs Big 3 need to play like superstars for then to win it all.

The team is not healthy
They either lost their edge or started coasting after allowing the Suns to beat them at home
Neal sucks
Blair plays well once in a while then proceeds to eliminate leads by being the sole big on the floor
Bonner is in full April form

TheGoldStandard
04-14-2013, 09:55 AM
I'd love them to get to the Finals and I'd love for someone to upset the Heat but I'm not sure what's going to happen so I'll be happy with any result that does not equal a 1st or 2nd round exit. I'd love for Duncan to get to the Finals again, something tells me if he got there he'd let everything hang out, same with manu and parker which might be enough to overcome the Heat(if they get there)

Man In Black
04-14-2013, 10:04 AM
I'd love them to get to the Finals and I'd love for someone to upset the Heat but I'm not sure what's going to happen so I'll be happy with any result that does not equal a 1st or 2nd round exit. I'd love for Duncan to get to the Finals again, something tells me if he got there he'd let everything hang out, same with manu and parker which might be enough to overcome the Heat(if they get there) Provided Stern lets them play.

LarryDavid
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Expect small, get medium, think big.