PDA

View Full Version : Hornets: Spurs playoff hopes

Bynumite
04-14-2013, 03:35 AM
How does spurfan feel about their chances against OKC now? With Kobe injured the spurs tanked for nothing and at the same time gifted HCA to OKC, the only thing that could give them a fighting chance against the Thunder imo.

Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if that series ends with a sweep.

lakerhaterade
04-14-2013, 03:38 AM
tbh the oversized kenyan running niggar would need to suffer an injury for us to have a chance.

chimpbrick needs to continue to realize he's the alpha and chuck his team out. d-fish's daughter actually needs to die.

lots of things need to go right for the Spurs to have a chance now that they've given up hc + injuries tbh...

baseline bum
04-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Kobe was never the player Spurs fans were worried about in that series; it was Gasol being guarded by Bonner. Spurs fan could give two shits about Kobe when it comes to the actual matchup. Whilte it's true that he would have been gifted tons of free trips to the line, that would have been balanced out by him taking all the touches out of the post.

LkrFan
04-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Great thread. They will not get past OKC without HCA. CIA Pop outsmarted himself and probably cost TD a shot at losing to the Heat. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2013, 04:22 AM
the chances are over when jax my nigga stop believing in pop, his a realists unlike the cocksuckers upstairs who still believe in premature ejaculation wet dreams

lol relying whatever on the bench to defend durant when KL is in foul trouble...

xellos88330
04-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Spurs are too banged up right now. These last few games look like they are completely out of rhythm.

jeebus
04-14-2013, 10:13 AM
the spurs tanked for nothing
easier travel schedule tbh. you could almost drive to houston faster than it takes to fly to be@ner central.

Proxy
04-14-2013, 10:19 AM
SA getting to the WCF would mean that they turned things around quite a bit from the shit-level they've been playing at.

whitemamba
04-14-2013, 10:19 AM
spurs are goin no where, they know it. but you guys almost had the regular season.

Trainwreck2100
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
spurs lost that nugget game to get them in the 2nd round instead of the clippers or grizz

DMC
04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
HCA didn't matter last year and it won't matter this year. It's more about who you have to face to get there. Matchups are everything.

That said, no one is beating Miami, at least no one in the West, meaning that if Miami gets to the Finals, and we're probably all on the same page on that one, then they aren't going to lose. So then it's a discussion about 2nd place.

DMC
04-14-2013, 12:07 PM
spurs are goin no where, they know it. but you guys almost had the regular season.

No we didn't. The Heat's 27 game tear gave them the regular season. Regular season in the West is pointless. It's often a sign of the most powerful team, but it doesn't give a team any power. The Spurs found a crack in the logic of the regular season and have exploited it for years. That crack disappears in the playoffs.

ElNono
04-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Kobe/Lakers never had anything to do with Spurs' playoff 'hopes'. HCA is nice to have, but not make or break if you're good enough... if you're worthy, you need to be able to win on the road.

Thread
04-14-2013, 12:08 PM
No we didn't. The Heat's 27 game tear gave them the regular season. Regular season in the West is pointless. It's often a sign of the most powerful team, but it doesn't give a team any power. The Spurs found a crack in the logic of the regular season and have exploited it for years. That crack disappears in the playoffs.

Bend over. I'll exploit a fuckin' crack.

Thread
04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Kobe/Lakers never had anything to do with Spurs' playoff 'hopes'. HCA is nice to have, but not make or break if you're good enough... if you're worthy, you need to be able to win on the road.

Pierce woulda given ya an argument after Game 2, '10 Finals.

tee, hee.

DMC
04-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Bend over. I'll exploit a fuckin' crack.

Promises promises etc ad nauseum tbh fwiw

Richie
04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
As it has been for years, it all comes down to health.

A healthy Spurs team beats this Thunder team, but neither Tony or Manu will be 100% so we have every chance of losing.

Thread
04-14-2013, 12:16 PM

A healthy Spurs team beats this Thunder team, but neither Tony or Manu will be 100% so we have every chance of losing.

& so you too are insulated, preemptively so. If it isn't injury, it's the officiating, scheduling, etc. You motherfuckers. & how you then can celebrate a victory at ring is beyond. How the Hell can it mean anything to you? You never suffered at loss. You fucks.

baseline bum
04-14-2013, 12:51 PM

:lol no

Spurs have no way to stop Durant just like they had no way last season.

And LOL Laker fan talking shit earlier when 73-9 became needing 50FTA to sneak into the 8-seed.

Thread
04-14-2013, 01:12 PM

And LOL Laker fan talking shit earlier when 73-9 became needing 50FTA to sneak into the 8-seed.

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

baseline bum
04-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Fine. LOL Laker fan talking shit earlier when 73-9 became "I hope we can makes teh 8-seed homes"

Thread
04-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Fine. LOL Laker fan talking shit earlier when 73-9 became "I hope we can makes teh 8-seed homes"

Your capitulation is duly noted.

Let us proceed...

CitizenDwayne
04-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Spurs really could not look worse going into the playoffs.

Well, unless they were the Lakers.

baseline bum
04-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Your capitulation is duly noted.

Let us proceed...

I smell skunk

Thread
04-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I smell skunk

I don't know why. You won the first two games. Losing 4 in-a-row after that smells like shit, not like skunk.

Mugen
04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Not sure why lakerfan has given up on their chances of beating OKC tbh.

They no longer have Kobe who single-handedly choked away a 3-1 lead on the Thunder last year.

Unless you're faggot Kobe nut rider like the bynumite & whitemambas of the world, you should feel pretty good about their chances of upsetting them tbh.

Thread
04-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Not sure why lakerfan has given up on their chances of beating OKC tbh.

They no longer have Kobe who single-handedly choked away a 3-1 lead on the Thunder last year.

Unless you're faggot Kobe nut rider like the bynumite & whitemambas of the world, you should feel pretty good about their chances of upsetting them tbh.

:rolleyes

Budkin
04-14-2013, 02:35 PM

And that did us a lot of good the last two seasons. Doesn't really matter, we wouldn't beat them WITH HCA.

whitemamba
04-14-2013, 05:56 PM
And that did us a lot of good the last two seasons. Doesn't really matter, we wouldn't beat them WITH HCA.

appreciate the honesty at least. :toast

whitemamba
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM

i was talking about the west..but HCA is an advantage none the less

DMC
04-14-2013, 06:05 PM
i was talking about the west..but HCA is an advantage none the less

We had that last year. See how well that worked out?

It's like dissecting a movie and trying to decide the ending when it's already released. You know how it's going to end, why give a shit how it gets there?

whitemamba
04-14-2013, 06:10 PM
We had that last year. See how well that worked out?

It's like dissecting a movie and trying to decide the ending when it's already released. You know how it's going to end, why give a shit how it gets there?

let us take a breather. I didnt say that HCA will guarantee you a spot to the finals, just saying its an advantage, if i were to stat whore im sure i would a substantially larger win ratio for teams that had HCA. but agreed, it doesnt matter what happens the end result is the same.

Latarian Milton
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
HCA ain't gonna mean that much in the playoffs imho. OKC will always have the officiating advantage wherever they play (except when the play against lakers, of course), and it's not like spurs would have to play atop a mountain in OKC against the thunder. OKC ain't too distant from SA and the climates are very similar in those two cities imho

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 10:23 PM
They'll join the Dallas Mavericks as the only team to lose to both an 8th seed and a 7th seed.

This team is atrocious right now.

whitemamba
04-14-2013, 10:29 PM
They'll join the Dallas Mavericks as the only team to lose to both an 8th seed and a 7th seed.

why are you giving up so quickly?

ElNono
04-14-2013, 10:50 PM
we're good... just get the playoffs started already

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 10:50 PM
why are you giving up so quickly?

Because unlike homers such as yourself, I can see the writing on the wall.

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 10:55 PM
we're good... just get the playoffs started already

We're not good at all. Manu is made of glass. Frenchie can't even score double digits against Steve Blake. And our once great bench has turned into trash. A good team would've destroyed the Lakers tonight. If you told me prior to this game the Lakers would score 91 points, I figure we'd win by 20, since the Lakers routinely give up 105+.

Embarrassing loss.

King Emmanuel
04-14-2013, 10:58 PM
This is almost as bad of a season as 2009-10.

Richie
04-15-2013, 03:10 AM

If this was the same Thunder team as last season I'd agree with you, but it isn't

baseline bum
04-15-2013, 03:12 AM

The Spurs already lost a 2-7 matchup in 1991 bro.

hater
04-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Spurs are lucky everyone else in the west is on a coma.

they should make the WCF if they are worth a shit. fucking bums.

OKC then would proceed to push that shit in.

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 03:22 AM
The Spurs already lost a 2-7 matchup in 1991 bro.

That's right. Golden State. And history just might repeat itself.

Robz4000
04-15-2013, 03:23 AM
If the Spurs get to the WCF it means they've found a semblance of health/rhythm. OKC would be the favorite but it'd be a good series.

lefty
06-17-2013, 11:29 AM
:lol

Robz4000
06-17-2013, 02:00 PM
If the Spurs get to the WCF it means they've found a semblance of health/rhythm. OKC would be the favorite but it'd be a good series.

:tu

and they didn't even have to worry about :lolKC.

AchillesHeel
06-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Because unlike homers such as yourself, I can see the writing on the wall.

:lol classic mid

Reck
06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
WhiteMamba got bukakked real good in here. :lol