PDA

View Full Version : OT: Sons, job well done

Thebesteva
04-14-2013, 04:23 AM
Dem Laker boys are finally getting irked by the Spurstalk NBA forum :-D How about a hand to HarlemHeat for completely trolling that entire board for the last 48 hours both directly and indirectly

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160021 (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160021)

AussieFanKurt
04-14-2013, 07:41 AM
complaining about racist and classless posts... have a fucking cry jesus. OH NO THEY SAY NAUGHTY WORDS THERE

Thread
04-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Only pussies & assholes light on LG.

He'll be a sage.

chunticakes
04-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Only pussies & assholes complain about racism.

whitemamba
04-14-2013, 10:21 AM
OP - Attention Whore

Thread
04-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Only pussies & assholes

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

irishock
04-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_2.gif

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5249089#5249089)Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 pm Post subject:

Can't wait to hear what they say after we whoop their ass in the playoffs.

AY2043
Star Player
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_3.gif
http://i47.tinypic.com/20s6lwx.gif

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5249005#5249005)Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:00 pm Post subject:

That's texas for you... Most godforsaken place on earth. (no offense to 20 or so normal people that are unfortunate enough to live there.)

:lmao retards there still think we're all Spurs fans

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Today I went to Spurstalk, I have always had respect for the Spurs organization, but this has to be the ugliest group of fans I've ever seen.

One poster said that he/she hoped Kobe got an infection in his wound so that he would have to have his foot amputated. The vitriol on that board is staggering.... and of course I saw Lakersarethebestever over there gloating over Kobe's injury. You wonder what could make a fan base so ugly.

That place is a cesspool, and that fan you mentioned is really just a Spurs fans masquerading as a Laker fan masquerading as a Spurs apologist. I went there once but couldn't get past their goofy image-sigs. It felt like going from a five-star hotel to a trailer park. I needed a shower.

God, some of the people on Spurstalk sicken me.

In honor of Spurstalk, I hope the refs truly are on our side. I hope they rig it for us just like they imagine the league does, so that they can (bleep) choke on it. If we meet them in the first round, rig it please so I can hear those babies whine for a whole season.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160025&postdays=0&postorder=asc******=0

Thread
04-14-2013, 11:58 AM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160025&postdays=0&postorder=asc******=0

Only pussies & assholes attend LG.

jeebus
04-14-2013, 12:06 PM
if they spent more than 5 minutes on this site, they'd figure out that only small percentage of spurfan posts in the NBA forum. dumbfuck be@ners

baseline bum
04-14-2013, 12:12 PM

They pay 0 attention to how many times Dwight gets intentionally fouled. How K:crybe has gone to the hoop more. Pau inside.

IMO we get screwed by the refs. Dwight and K:crybe get fouled a lot more than what is called. I think we used to get favorable treatment from officials but s:crymething changed this year.

Thread
04-14-2013, 12:20 PM
They pay 0 attention to how many times Dwight gets intentionally fouled. How K:crybe has gone to the hoop more. Pau inside.

IMO we get screwed by the refs. Dwight and K:crybe get fouled a lot more than what is called. I think we used to get favorable treatment from officials but s:crymething changed this year.

DMC
04-14-2013, 12:23 PM
LG is a Lakers fan forum, dedicated to fans of the Lakers for the purpose of talk about the Lakers and cheering for the Lakers. ST is a cesspool of users banned from other sites who congealed in one ball of cum, piss, shit and ass mucous to form a nexus of despair, resentment and faggotry.

We're pretty sweet actually.

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 12:23 PM

I'd figure you a fan of their work.

They worship that boy Kobe as much as you do.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
:lol fucking softass pussies

:cry "where's their moderators" :cry

lefty
04-14-2013, 12:27 PM
lol

Thread
04-14-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd figure you a fan of their work.

They worship that boy Kobe as much as you do.

I don't LG.

It's my religion.

Thread
04-14-2013, 12:31 PM
LG is a Lakers fan forum, dedicated to fans of the Lakers for the purpose of talk about the Lakers and cheering for the Lakers. ST is a cesspool of users banned from other sites who congealed in one ball of cum, piss, shit and ass mucous to form a nexus of despair, resentment and faggotry.

And the moderation here ain't nothing special when it comes to toleration. They got as much chickenshit and peanut for a brain acumen as the next asshole in the line.

Thebesteva
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
:rollinIf only they knew once upon a time my brother in law had Laker season tickets (09-10) and we'd go to every freakin game and I was a die hard Kobe fan. I just got tired of that board fast, way too much gay shit over Kobe. Outside of WhiteMamba, Thread, and Koolaid this board has high quality Laker fans.

Bballguru5000 wrote:

Statcat wrote:

Today I went to Spurstalk, I have always had respect for the Spurs organization, but this has to be the ugliest group of fans I've ever seen.

One poster said that he/she hoped Kobe got an infection in his wound so that he would have to have his foot amputated. The vitriol on that board is staggering.... and of course I saw Lakersarethebestever over there gloating over Kobe's injury. You wonder what could make a fan base so ugly.

That place is a cesspool, and that fan you mentioned is really just a Spurs fans masquerading as a Laker fan masquerading as a Spurs apologist. I went there once but couldn't get past their goofy image-sigs. It felt like going from a five-star hotel to a trailer park. I needed a shower.

hater
04-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Props to harlem. Tbh his nontroll takes here are pretty horrible but hes a damn good overseas troll.

Thebesteva
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Not neccesarily, I was never banned from any board except Sherdog. This board is just way more fun. LG is like a slaughter house, everyone is the same damn shit lined up saying the same regurgitated shit over and over again. The other day, some guy defended Mike D'antoni as the head coach and was completely shitted on the board and shunned.

You basically aren't allowed to have an opinion there....they should change their name to IslamGround.net

hooperflash
04-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Damn, who said the internet needed to be classy ?

:lol LG

DMC
04-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Not neccesarily, I was never banned from any board except Sherdog. This board is just way more fun. LG is like a slaughter house, everyone is the same damn shit lined up saying the same regurgitated shit over and over again. The other day, some guy defended Mike D'antoni as the head coach and was completely shitted on the board and shunned.

You basically aren't allowed to have an opinion there....they should change their name to IslamGround.net
I'm talking about the real posters here, not the flighty little cucks that flocked here recently.

DMC
04-14-2013, 05:58 PM
And the moderation here ain't nothing special when it comes to toleration. They got as much chickenshit and peanut for a brain acumen as the next asshole in the line.

So you're saying Kori and LJ have shit for brains and are pretty fucking stupid?

Latarian Milton
04-14-2013, 09:28 PM
HH brings decent basketball takes on a daily basis but he's one of the least funny posters on this board. reading his posts will make you feel educated more than amused imho.

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 02:52 AM
HH brings decent basketball takes on a daily basis but he's one of the least funny posters on this board. reading his posts will make you feel educated more than amused imho.

We need some more PingPong in the muthafucka, Rogue.

Venti Quattro
04-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Lakersground is a waste of space that needs to be cleansed.

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 03:01 AM

:toast

HI-FI
04-15-2013, 03:07 AM

:lol
damn, Venti going all in.

i actually never go there. i'm a huge kobe hater but that site holds no appeal to me, not even to troll.

Venti Quattro
04-15-2013, 03:08 AM
:lol
damn, Venti going all in.

i actually never go there. i'm a huge kobe hater but that site holds no appeal to me, not even to troll.
Crofl. I'm a Lakers fan and I NEVER want to go there.

hater
04-15-2013, 03:13 AM
you know a web site is bad when it's the talking site for the most popular basketball team in the world, and it bores you to death after 5 minutes :lmao

what a shitjob of a site. If I had anything to do with the site, I'd kill myself :lol

kamikazi_player
04-15-2013, 03:58 AM
:lol just reading some of their posts on LG makes me appreciate Spurstalk more

Thebesteva
04-15-2013, 04:04 AM
:lol just reading some of their posts on LG makes me appreciate Spurstalk more

I think they think most of the fans on the NBA forum are Spurs supporters. I couldn't possibly despise the Spurs any more...whatever floats their boat. I am happy to see Lakers win, and will be rooting for them even though I think OKC was the worst possible first round match up.

Personally, I would love to see the Spurs collapse in the first round again. Also, I would love to see Lebron lose in the finals though I HIGHLY doubt anyone stands a realistic chance against Miami this year.

baseline bum
04-15-2013, 04:07 AM
LOL, just like the idiot Bulls fans who bitched about Spurs fans here when it was a Laker fan and a Suns fan who went and trolled their board after Rose's knee ligaments snapped. :lol

Still one of the best spurstalk threads

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196001

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 04:22 AM
I think they think most of the fans on the NBA forum are Spurs supporters. I couldn't possibly despise the Spurs any more...whatever floats their boat. I am happy to see Lakers win, and will be rooting for them even though I think OKC was the worst possible first round match up.

Personally, I would love to see the Spurs collapse in the first round again. Also, I would love to see Lebron lose in the finals though I HIGHLY doubt anyone stands a realistic chance against Miami this year.

LG posters are simply incapable of handling "classless" trash talking and criticism of their demi-god. The reason I "hate" Kobe so much is not because of any quality Kobe himself possesses or his great performances against the Spurs, it's simply because of his fans. They are seriously deluded, and more overprotective of him than mother bear of her cubs. If you went upstairs and made a thread that Hakeem/Shaq is greater than Duncan, you'd encounter some frothing at the mouth resistance, but most posters would discuss the issue maturely and reasonably, with a decent percentage actually agreeing with Shaq/Hakeem>Duncan.

But make a thread on LG saying Lebron>Kobe (in my opinion, if Lebron wins the title this year, along with capturing his second consecutive Regular Season/Finals MVP combination, he catapults Kobe, Duncan, and Shaq on the all-time list, despite them having more rings [team accomplishment]), Jeffs and the like would go absolutely apeshit and LG would go into Defcon 1.

Kobe becoming an all-time great player and that fuckin' 81 point game (which for some reason brought legions of new fans to the Lakers) is arguably the worst thing to happen to the Lakers fanbase. No Laker player, not West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq had the cult of personality like Bryant. And never were they unconditionally worshiped to the Jim Jones-like level that Kobe receives from his devoted.

It's frankly disturbing.

Thebesteva
04-15-2013, 05:01 AM
LG posters are simply incapable of handling "classless" trash talking and criticism of their demi-god. The reason I "hate" Kobe so much is not because of any quality Kobe himself possesses or his great performances against the Spurs, it's simply because of his fans. They are seriously deluded, and more overprotective of him than mother bear of her cubs. If you went upstairs and made a thread that Hakeem/Shaq is greater than Duncan, you'd encounter some frothing at the mouth resistance, but most posters would discuss the issue maturely and reasonably, with a decent percentage actually agreeing with Shaq/Hakeem>Duncan.

This is why I left…btw. I was not banned from the board which I appreciate, though I in essence disabled my account as promised. After 5+ years of being there, I was disgusted to see so many people that were once respectful members on the board get shunned for questioning Kobe’s leadership this season. No one wanted a fair debate, it was unanimous, you talk about Kobe in a negative light you will get shunned for good. Every single thread myself and a few other members were on it was always greeted with,” Oh boy here comes the guy who hates Kobe.”

The animosity towards Kobe this year began when he went for a solid stretch where he was averaging 30+ FGA per game and was again alienating Nash and Howard. Every time I would tune into ESPN radio there was some quote from Howard or Nash about how the team needs to take more shots and play together. So eventually, myself and a HANDFUL of members questioned if Kobe may be the problem. There was an infamous quote this year that about 80% of GM’s felt Kobe was the reason the Lakers were so bad this year, and that he is failing as a veteran leader. Personally, I felt it’s a combination of Jim Buss as an owner and Kobe’s lack of leadership. (Saying this is ‘my team’ in the offseason after you begged Nash and Howard to join was the END of the year). Ultimately, the truth was too much for guys like Jeffs, CMB, and even the mod.

But make a thread on LG saying Lebron>Kobe (in my opinion, if Lebron wins the title this year, along with capturing his second consecutive Regular Season/Finals MVP combination, he catapults Kobe, Duncan, and Shaq on the all-time list, despite them having more rings [team accomplishment]), Jeffs and the like would go absolutely apeshit and LG would go into Defcon 1.

I respectfully disagree with you on this one Midnight, and I will explain my take as to why. When I compare Lebron or Kobe to all time greats I am comparing them to guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc. From that respect, love him or hate him, Kobe Bryant is a legend and whether you like it or not, he belongs with those names as a 5 time champion who went to the finals 7 TIMES. It was not his fault the Lakers did NOT build around him when he joined, but rather built around Shaq. There was NOTHING he could do. Perhaps he would have only won 1 ring in those years if they built around him, or perhaps 0 but at the end he won 3 rings with Shaq as option #1B.

As for Lebron, sadly he will go down as a legend, but no matter what anyone says he will always be the guy who had to team up with his rival to win. He didn’t want to do the classic big man+smaller man thing, or the star studded team but he literally reached out to a rival and joined what appears to be the most amount of allstars I have ever seen in their >PRIME< in 1 team. He threw Cleveland completely under the bus without any regard and continues to shit on MJ by saying rings don’t matter. Lebron is everything anti of what I learned as a fan growing up. You’re supposed to WANT to beat your enemies, you’re supposed to WANT to overcome the bar MJ and Magic set.

He didn’t want any of that, he is what this hip hop era of sports is about. Join your enemies, no loyalty, win rings, and everyone can stfu about it. Sadly, as a society, we accept this shit now a days when a guy starts winning. Lebron James is a scum bag, but ultimately very few of these guys are class acts in person. However, Lebron is not just a scum bag behind closed doors but to the public as well.

The Reckoning
04-15-2013, 05:11 AM
yeah theyre all kobe bots. every post is the same like theyre baseline cheerleaders or something. :td

Thebesteva
04-15-2013, 05:24 AM
yeah theyre all kobe bots. every post is the same like theyre baseline cheerleaders or something. :td

I spent way too many years on RealCavsfans, RealGm, and LG defending Kobe with a passion. As you get older, and you hit around 30, you realize that NONE of these athletes are really good guys behind closed doors and that's where you have to just sit back and enjoy the game. Can care less now, I would love to see the Lakers win and Kobe get #6 but if it doesnt happen, I'll be as sad for Kobe as he is for my troubles....truth be told I still will be marginally sad.

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 05:45 AM
This is why I left…btw. I was not banned from the board which I appreciate, though I in essence disabled my account as promised. After 5+ years of being there, I was disgusted to see so many people that were once respectful members on the board get shunned for questioning Kobe’s leadership this season. No one wanted a fair debate, it was unanimous, you talk about Kobe in a negative light you will get shunned for good. Every single thread myself and a few other members were on it was always greeted with,” Oh boy here comes the guy who hates Kobe.”

The animosity towards Kobe this year began when he went for a solid stretch where he was averaging 30+ FGA per game and was again alienating Nash and Howard. Every time I would tune into ESPN radio there was some quote from Howard or Nash about how the team needs to take more shots and play together. So eventually, myself and a HANDFUL of members questioned if Kobe may be the problem. There was an infamous quote this year that about 80% of GM’s felt Kobe was the reason the Lakers were so bad this year, and that he is failing as a veteran leader. Personally, I felt it’s a combination of Jim Buss as an owner and Kobe’s lack of leadership. (Saying this is ‘my team’ in the offseason after you begged Nash and Howard to join was the END of the year). Ultimately, the truth was too much for guys like Jeffs, CMB, and even the mod.

:tu

I respectfully disagree with you on this one Midnight, and I will explain my take as to why. When I compare Lebron or Kobe to all time greats I am comparing them to guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc. From that respect, love him or hate him, Kobe Bryant is a legend and whether you like it or not, he belongs with those names as a 5 time champion who went to the finals 7 TIMES. It was not his fault the Lakers did NOT build around him when he joined, but rather built around Shaq. There was NOTHING he could do. Perhaps he would have only won 1 ring in those years if they built around him, or perhaps 0 but at the end he won 3 rings with Shaq as option #1B.

As for Lebron, sadly he will go down as a legend, but no matter what anyone says he will always be the guy who had to team up with his rival to win. He didn’t want to do the classic big man+smaller man thing, or the star studded team but he literally reached out to a rival and joined what appears to be the most amount of allstars I have ever seen in their >PRIME< in 1 team. He threw Cleveland completely under the bus without any regard and continues to shit on MJ by saying rings don’t matter. Lebron is everything anti of what I learned as a fan growing up. You’re supposed to WANT to beat your enemies, you’re supposed to WANT to overcome the bar MJ and Magic set.

He didn’t want any of that, he is what this hip hop era of sports is about. Join your enemies, no loyalty, win rings, and everyone can stfu about it. Sadly, as a society, we accept this shit now a days when a guy starts winning. Lebron James is a scum bag, but ultimately very few of these guys are class acts in person. However, Lebron is not just a scum bag behind closed doors but to the public as well.

I disagree with that line of logic because basketball is a team game, and the ultimate goal should be to give yourself the best opportunity to win as many championship as you can. All you hear from professional athletes is that they want to win titles, no matter the cost, Lebron decides to do just that (admittedly in a douchey way with the Decision), and he's criticized by Jordan, who said, "I would've never joined up with Magic and Larry."

To that I say: Why the fuck not? You do that, and you probably win ten titles. I thought the goal of team sports was to win championship as, you know, a team? This isn't golf or boxing or one-on-one basketball. Magic didn't "beat" Larry. The Lakers beat the Celtics. And say if Magic averaged 2 points per game to Bird's 60 points per game but the Lakers still beat the Celtics, then which player "wins?" That's why focusing on the individual in team sports never made much sense to me, although I understand it from a marketing standpoint, but in a team game, no single player can really beat another since there's so many variables outside of any one player's control. When Tiger misses a putt, it's on him. But when Jerry West lost a Finals being the best player on the floor, you can't really say it was "on him" and that Russell/Havlicek "beat" him.

If anything, the Jordan mentality and the ensuing marketing fallout that credits individual athletes for team success is what is wrong with modern day sports.

I guess I sympathize with Lebron because in '09, I saw him put forth the best individual playoff campaign since Hakeem, and it will forever be forgotten because Mo Williams couldn't make a shot against the Magic. And he knew the figurative Pippen was never on his way, so I can understand why he joined up with the "enemy." He would've never won a championship in Cleveland and went to the talent instead of waiting for the talent to come to him. I can't really blame him. Kobe was very, very close to doing the same (not necessarily joining up with the enemy, who I guess would've been the Spurs/Suns at that time, but he was practically on a flight to Chicago to join up with a pretty stacked team).

And I wouldn't have blamed him, either. The Lakers sat on their balls for two years, simply content to use Kobe as a sideshow attraction to sell merch and season tickets. And Gilbert was doing the same shit with James in Cleveland.

Thebesteva
04-15-2013, 05:52 AM
:tu

I disagree with that line of logic because basketball is a team game, and the ultimate goal should be to give yourself the best opportunity to win as many championship as you can. All you hear from professional athletes is that they want to win titles, no matter the cost, Lebron decides to do just that (admittedly in a douchey way with the Decision), and he's criticized by Jordan, who said, "I would've never joined up with Magic and Larry." To that I say: Why the fuck not? You do that, and you probably win ten titles. I thought the goal of team sports was to win championship as, you know, a team? This isn't golf or boxing or one-on-one basketball. Magic didn't "beat" Larry. The Lakers beat the Celtics. And say if Magic averaged 2 points per game to Bird's 60 points per game but the Lakers still beat the Celtics, then which player "wins?" That's why focusing on the individual in team sports never made much sense to me, although I understand it from a marketing standpoint, but in a team game, no single player can really beat another since there's so many variables outside of any one player's control. When Tiger misses a putt, it's on him. But when Jerry West lost a Finals being the best player on the floor, you can't really say it was "on him" and that Russell/Havlicek "beat" him.

If anything, the Jordan mentality and the ensuing marketing fallout that credits individual athletes for team success is what is wrong with modern day sports.

I guess I sympathize with Lebron because in '09, I saw him put forth the best individual playoff campaign since Hakeem, and it will forever be forgotten because Mo Williams couldn't make a shot against the Magic. And he knew the figurative Pippen was never on his way, so I can understand why he joined up with the "enemy." He would've never won a championship in Cleveland and went to the talent instead of waiting for the talent to come to him. I can't really blame him. Kobe was very, very close to doing the same (not necessarily joining up with the enemy, who I guess would've been the Spurs/Suns at that time, but he was practically on a flight to Chicago to join up with a pretty stacked team).

And I wouldn't have blamed him, either. The Lakers sat on their balls for two years, simply content to use Kobe as a sideshow attraction to sell merch and season tickets. And Gilbert was doing the same shit with James in Cleveland.

I was going to respond with another 5 paragraph debate but let's face it, you wont change your opinion and nor will I. So here is to Jeffs who is probably reading this post right now and dancing in women's underwear as he moistens his panties with frustration.

http://oscarmovs.com/lambs4.jpg

rayjayjohnson
04-15-2013, 06:05 AM

Kobe becoming an all-time great player and that fuckin' 81 point game (which for some reason brought legions of new fans to the Lakers) is arguably the worst thing to happen to the Lakers fanbase. No Laker player, not West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq had the cult of personality like Bryant. And never were they unconditionally worshiped to the Jim Jones-like level that Kobe receives from his devoted.

It's frankly disturbing.
I mostly don't like him because he rapedPERIOD

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 06:06 AM
I was going to respond with another 5 paragraph debate but let's face it, you wont change your opinion and nor will I. So here is to Jeffs who is probably reading this post right now and dancing in women's underwear as he moistens his panties with frustration.

http://oscarmovs.com/lambs4.jpg

Does it bother you more that Lebron joined up with another top player or the way in which he did it?

Personally, I just don't see why a player should be criticized for manufacturing the best possible team situation for himself. Shaq did the same thing when he left Orlando for Los Angeles, who at that time, had a more promising future than the Magic (with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Elden Campbell, Kobe Bryant [who then was the most hyped HS player of all-time], Cedric Ceballos, who was traded for Robert Horry, and a host of other solid role players).

Thebesteva
04-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Does it bother you more that Lebron joined up with another top player or the way in which he did it?

Personally, I just don't see why a player should be criticized for manufacturing the best possible team situation for himself. Shaq did the same thing when he left Orlando for Los Angeles, who at that time, had a more promising future than the Magic (with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Elden Campbell, Kobe Bryant [who then was the most hyped HS player of all-time], Cedric Ceballos, who was traded for Robert Horry, and a host of other solid role players).

I totally wouldn't of minded him joining Dwight Howard, at the time I was saying imagine Lebron+Dwight ( thought I'm not sure if that would work out now that I look back.) I just felt Lebron was always rivaled against Kobe, Wade, and Carmelo up till 2010. Put yourselves in the shoes of a Laker fan, your team is in the finals and everything was about Lebron and this Decision special he's going to have.

At the time, I was a troll on Realcavsfan and the entire die hard legion of Lebron cock suckers disowned him before the decision. Even though they felt he'd resign, they felt as a city they were exhausted with this guys antics.

Finally, him joining Wade and Wade having that fake celebration live on ESPN, then the speech about not 1, not 2, not 3...., it was just so inappropriate. Finally, Arash Markazi who is a notorious Laker hater got to spend a weekend with Lebron during that time and wrote a very open article about how Lebron is a scumbag behind closed doors.

I dunno, at the end of the day, I always defended Kobe up until this last few years that I kind of stopped taking bball seriously, so I can understand where Lebron fans are coming from. But he represents an era of what I call 'hip hop' basketball. It's very similar to Floyd Mayweather who is a hip hop boxer. He refuses to take the tough road like the legends such as Sugar Ray Leonard or Hagler, but believes he has surpassed them. Lebron is the same shit, he feels he has already surpassed Kobe or Magic in alot of ways. I think that shit is hilarious.

Oh btw, did u ever read this? http://deadspin.com/5598719/read-espns-spiked-story-about-lebron-among-the-naked-ladies-in-vegas

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 06:40 AM
I totally wouldn't of minded him joining Dwight Howard, at the time I was saying imagine Lebron+Dwight ( thought I'm not sure if that would work out now that I look back.) I just felt Lebron was always rivaled against Kobe, Wade, and Carmelo up till 2010. Put yourselves in the shoes of a Laker fan, your team is in the finals and everything was about Lebron and this Decision special he's going to have.

At the time, I was a troll on Realcavsfan and the entire die hard legion of Lebron cock suckers disowned him before the decision. Even though they felt he'd resign, they felt as a city they were exhausted with this guys antics.

Finally, him joining Wade and Wade having that fake celebration live on ESPN, then the speech about not 1, not 2, not 3...., it was just so inappropriate. Finally, Arash Markazi who is a notorious Laker hater got to spend a weekend with Lebron during that time and wrote a very open article about how Lebron is a scumbag behind closed doors.

I dunno, at the end of the day, I always defended Kobe up until this last few years that I kind of stopped taking bball seriously, so I can understand where Lebron fans are coming from. But he represents an era of what I call 'hip hop' basketball. It's very similar to Floyd Mayweather who is a hip hop boxer. He refuses to take the tough road like the legends such as Sugar Ray Leonard or Hagler, but believes he has surpassed them. Lebron is the same shit, he feels he has already surpassed Kobe or Magic in alot of ways. I think that shit is hilarious.

Oh btw, did u ever read this? http://deadspin.com/5598719/read-espns-spiked-story-about-lebron-among-the-naked-ladies-in-vegas

Wade was also one of, if not the main, architects behind the Superfriends. After Kobe won the title in '10, Wade tweeted that he felt sick to his stomach that Kobe can shoot 6-24 and still win a title. As a fan of a team that has been battling the Lakers for supremacy over the last decade-and-a-half, I get where he's coming from. The Lakers just always have more talent than everyone else, which is expected with their market appeal and deep pockets, but for fans of teams who never seem to sign that high profile FA or pull off that blockbuster trade, it can be frustrating to see the Lakers never having to rebuild and always just "reloading."

This is why us fans have bitterness toward the Lakers, especially Spurs fans, who saw you guys get stacked after two of our titles ('04 with Malone and Payton; '08 with the Gasol heist), denying us a repeat opportunity both times. So if fans feel that bitter, I can only imagine the bitterness players like Wade and James felt, stuck on teams that never reloaded (aside from Miami's acquisition of O'Neal, who was at the tail end of his prime anyway) and having to watch a player they feel they're just as good as winning because he's on a great team. Thus the Superfriends were born.

You talk of the hard road, and I'm sure James and Wade felt Kobe never had to take that road since he was drafted onto a loaded team that featured players like Shaq, Eddie Jones, and Nick Van Exel, while they were drafted onto terrible teams. Probably moreso Wade since he's had penis envy of Kobe for God knows how long.

That's why I don't really blame them for the team up. The Lakers are pretty much guaranteed to have a superteam year after year, even after Kobe retires, and those 3 knew they weren't winning anything if they stayed and gutted it out on their respective teams, not with the Lakers behemoth always lurking. How I wish the Spurs could do something like that.

That said, I understand your disgust with the theatrics of the Decision, which had more ratings than the Finals :lol (Kind of like when Kobe's trade drama overshadowed our title :wink)

Brazil
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM
That's why I don't really blame them for the team up. The Lakers are pretty much guaranteed to have a superteam year after year, even after Kobe retires, and those 3 knew they weren't winning anything if they stayed and gutted it out on their respective teams, not with the Lakers behemoth always lurking. How I wish the Spurs could do something like that.

That's an interesting point, at least for me. As Spurs fan I would obviously enjoy a super team in San Antonio with FAs teaming up to give the franchise and the city a collection of new LOBs but at the same time, I would feel dirty.

My stuff, as a sport fan, is to root for the teams that work their ass off to get there. I hate the Lakers, the Real Madrids of life and I root for the Spurs, Bordeaux (soccer), Toulouse (rugby)... teams that are building up to the top through the years, drafting, training young guys, doing the most of limited financial ressources. Whether by choice whether by circumstances I've never been close to teams that just spend money to buy titles.

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
That's an interesting point, at least for me. As Spurs fan I would obviously enjoy a super team in San Antonio with FAs teaming up to give the franchise and the city a collection of new LOBs but at the same time, I would feel dirty.

My stuff, as a sport fan, is to root for the teams that work their ass off to get there. I hate the Lakers, the Real Madrids of life and I root for the Spurs, Bordeaux (soccer), Toulouse (rugby)... teams that are building up to the top through the years, drafting, training young guys, doing the most of limited financial ressources. Whether by choice whether by circumstances I've never been close to teams that just spend money to buy titles.

I can dig that. But once, just once, would like to wake up in the Summer and read: Spurs acquire [insert superstar's name here].

I remember back in '96 when I wrote the Lakers off for dead, giving my friends shit, telling them to enjoy their future with Elden Campbell. Next thing I know, Shaq's on his way, and I about wanted to find a newborn baby and punt it.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I can dig that. But once, just once, would like to wake up in the Summer and read: Spurs acquire [insert superstar's name here].

I remember back in '96 when I wrote the Lakers off for dead, giving my friends shit, telling them to enjoy their future with Elden Campbell. Next thing I know, Shaq's on his way, and I about wanted to find a newborn baby and punt it.

not denying I would enjoy it a lot especially if it's to help Tim win another one. Then I would use the "at least this Spurs team deserve it" argument to not feel dirty.

I'm not mad anymore at the Lakers stuff, it's happening everything single year so I take it as this what it is. same for Real Madrid

Clipper Nation
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Am I the only one who never really got the hype over the Wade/James "rivalry"? IMO, LeBron doesn't really have any specific rivals, tbh.... there's never been a player like him and he's the best player in the sport right now, so the only rivalry I can think of is LeBron vs. the rest of the league, tbh.... I was pissed for a little while after the Decision, but unlike LeBron's haters, I can at least admit I was just salty that he didn't sign with my favorite team, instead of making up reasons like "he joined up with his rivals"....

I never could stay mad about the whole thing though, because I was a LeBron fan since he came into the league, and also because I understood why he had to go to Miami, tbh.... the Spurs, Celtics, and Lakers had all spent the previous half-decade or so shitting on the league and winning rings with their Big Threes, did people really expect the other stars around the league not to notice and try to emulate them? (I also easily got over The Decision because the Clippers indirectly were the second-biggest winners from that ordeal behind the Heat, but that's another story for another thread, tbh....)

Also, I can't stand the myth that "every player was a competitor and they all hated each other in the '90s," because it simply wasn't true.... just like today, players had friends on other teams who they had considered playing with.... case in point: Jordan himself almost went to the Knicks in the late '90s to play with his friend Charles Oakley.... I love the old school NBA, but people need to stop elevating it to mythical status in order to shit on today's NBA, tbh....

Thread
04-15-2013, 01:09 PM
not denying I would enjoy it a lot especially if it's to help Tim win another one. Then I would use the "at least this Spurs team deserve it" argument to not feel dirty.

I'm not mad anymore at the Lakers stuff, it's happening everything single year so I take it as this what it is. same for Real Madrid

It actually has to work. Daddy was there years before it worked. And "you" & Media gave him Hell over that interim. Kobe dragged him kicking & screaming thru Oregon in '00 in order to get Media & "you" to cease & desist. We had to cultivate and babysit Odom thru the years in order for him to appear in Florida in '09 and happen. Gasol never won a single playoff game till we took him, then we needed Howard to skin & grin & Perkins to topple over in order to get Gasol upright. A year later Dirk kneels down behind Pau and Chandler pushes him ass over teacup and Pau is prone once again and guarding square 1 with his life.

You're looking at it after the fact. That's easy.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 01:18 PM
You're looking at it after the fact. That's easy.

after ou before it's about the same cul, gaining pau for a peanut bag is what the Lakers do and revisit it after don't change anything

jjktkk
04-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Am I the only one who never really got the hype over the Wade/James "rivalry"? IMO, LeBron doesn't really have any specific rivals, tbh.... there's never been a player like him and he's the best player in the sport right now, so the only rivalry I can think of is LeBron vs. the rest of the league, tbh.... I was pissed for a little while after the Decision, but unlike LeBron's haters, I can at least admit I was just salty that he didn't sign with my favorite team, instead of making up reasons like "he joined up with his rivals"....

I never could stay mad about the whole thing though, because I was a LeBron fan since he came into the league, and also because I understood why he had to go to Miami, tbh.... the Spurs, Celtics, and Lakers had all spent the previous half-decade or so shitting on the league and winning rings with their Big Threes, did people really expect the other stars around the league not to notice and try to emulate them? (I also easily got over The Decision because the Clippers indirectly were the second-biggest winners from that ordeal behind the Heat, but that's another story for another thread, tbh....)

Also, I can't stand the myth that "every player was a competitor and they all hated each other in the '90s," because it simply wasn't true.... just like today, players had friends on other teams who they had considered playing with.... case in point: Jordan himself almost went to the Knicks in the late '90s to play with his friend Charles Oakley.... I love the old school NBA, but people need to stop elevating it to mythical status in order to shit on today's NBA, tbh....

The only person who might be able to challenge James is Durant. Not that Durant is even close physically to James, but, more along the lines, of those two competing for rings., MVPs, etc...

Thread
04-15-2013, 01:32 PM
after ou before it's about the same cul, gaining pau for a peanut bag is what the Lakers do and revisit it after don't change anything

He hadn't won a single playoff game. They couldn't get him to go under the basket there in TN.. We were fortunate to draw that fool Howard the first time, and Perkins the second time. Immediately thereafter Carlisle cut him out and busted his hole. Why? Because he knew Pau was the weak link. That was Gasol's moment to prove YOU right, Brazil. Like Magic did after '84. Like Kobe did in '10. What did Gasol do? Went straight to that gd referee on the foul line and cried like a baby.

Thread
04-15-2013, 01:35 PM
The only person who might be able to challenge James is Durant. Not that Durant is even close physically to James, but, more along the lines, of those two competing for rings., MVPs, etc...

James is James biggest adversary. He ain't sure right now. Everybody else is sure. He's almost sure.

He'll be sure come mid-June.

Relevancy
04-15-2013, 01:36 PM

Personally, I would love to see the Spurs collapse in the first round again. Also, I would love to see Lebron lose in the finals though I HIGHLY doubt anyone stands a realistic chance against Miami this year.I actually thought you were a Laker fan when I first saw you posting, turns out you hate a Laker legend that has brought 5 rings to the organization, therefore you're not a real Laker fan.

You're just a casual viewer that likes watching them play, but real Laker fan you are not. Please stop this shit.

Thread
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
I actually thought you were a Laker fan when I first saw you posting, turns out you hate a Laker legend that has brought 5 rings to the organization, therefore you're not a real Laker fan.

You're just a casual viewer that likes watching them play, but real Laker fan you are not. Please stop this shit.

He's afraid. It happens.

Relevancy
04-15-2013, 01:48 PM
He's afraid. It happens.Probably something happened between him and Bryant, he probably expected a handshake from Bryant and Kobe refused:lol that explains his anger, because honestly, I haven't met anyone who claims himself to be a fan and at the same time hate the man who has brought a lot of success to their perspective teams.

Thebesteva
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
I actually thought you were a Laker fan when I first saw you posting, turns out you hate a Laker legend that has brought 5 rings to the organization, therefore you're not a real Laker fan.

Nah, I'm actually a die hard Kobe fan. I'm kind of a sick personal mentally so I just get a rise over trolling Kobe fans. I don't even think Robert Pattinson twilight fans get as defensive over that guy as Kobe fans do over their God.

If I've had a bad day I just come home and troll some Kobe fans, it cheers me up.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 03:04 PM
He hadn't won a single playoff game. They couldn't get him to go under the basket there in TN.. We were fortunate to draw that fool Howard the first time, and Perkins the second time. Immediately thereafter Carlisle cut him out and busted his hole. Why? Because he knew Pau was the weak link. That was Gasol's moment to prove YOU right, Brazil. Like Magic did after '84. Like Kobe did in '10. What did Gasol do? Went straight to that gd referee on the foul line and cried like a baby.

To prove me right about what ? never said Gasol was Dirk 2011 or Lebron 2012 and carried all by himself the Lakers. Now don't act like Lakers didn't acquire a key piece to get 15 and 16 for a peanut bag. This is what happened, neal with it.

Thread
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
To prove me right about what ? never said Gasol was Dirk 2011 or Lebron 2012 and carried all by himself the Lakers. Now don't act like Lakers didn't acquire a key piece to get 15 and 16 for a peanut bag. This is what happened, neal with it.

Horseshit.