PDA

View Full Version : the lakers are better without kobe

Blue Duck
04-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Just hear me out on this........... we have a new and politically correct term for " ball hog" and analysts and commentators are afraid to call these superstars what they really are. So now, they are called " volume shooters". It's all bullshit, people. Mike D'antonie and Steve nash would have gotten this team at least the 3rd seed had they been allowed to run their devastating offense without interference from the world's most prolific " ball stopper", who also just happens to have been given free reign to make management and personnel decisions. Thank GOD we have TinteD instead of Kobe. But i digress.......... "volume shooters" regardless of their talent, only hurt their teams, at every level beginning with PeeWee.
History supports my thesis; think of kobe in 2005 throwing a temper tantrum on the court and refusing to shoot just to validate his worth, after being called out. There is a reason why pass first wing players have always killed it. So, my friends......... what does this mean for our beloved Spurs? Imagine Nash running pick n rolls like only he can, in D'antonie's system, with a bigger, stronger more explosive, more athletic Stoudemire, in round 1 against an unsuspecting Thunder. Could this possibly clear the road for us, like action jackson's warriors did in 07? (he actually helped us ring twice). Either way, this lakers offense is about to start humming, the only question is, " too little, too late?"

Juggity
04-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Preaching to the choir scro.

superjames1992
04-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Kobe = Hero Ball.

Gary Neal = Kobe wanna-be, tbh.

spurs10
04-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Blue or Mr. Duck, I agree and only hope they have some time, after tonight of course, to get in rhythm. I can only hope they don't roll over for OKC!!
:toast:flag:

jag
04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Kobe = Hero Ball.

Gary Neal = Kobe wanna-be, tbh.

Stop posting

Brunodf
04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Grass is green

weeks
04-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah, i was actually more worried about tonight's game now that kobe's out
specially since he went out the way he did, i suspect they'll be playing with a bit more fire than normal
we're in for a hell of a game. we have the unpopular kid angst against the star team and it seems to give us a funk sometimes

superjames1992
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Stop posting
LOL.

LarryDavid
04-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Except how healthy is Nash? I haven't followed his injury status through the season, but checking his game log he's only played 2 minutes since 3/30. I don't think this Laker team is making any noise in the postseason.

boutons_deux
04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Nash, maybe it was his age, was much less effective than I expected, because Kobe had the ball so much.

If Nash were running the show now that Kobe's gone, they wouldn't be hanging onto 8th seed with their fingernails.

SenorSpur
04-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Kobe miraculously transformed Steve Nash from an semi-elite level PG into a SG - all at age 38. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Kobe has been and continues to be the big pink elephant in the Fakers living room. No one talks about that aspect of his selfish, detrimental style of ball or his overbearing personality both on and off the court. Meanwhile, fans, pundits and ex-players alike line up to kiss his ring and his ass. It's makes the stomach turn.

spurraider21
04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
lakers losing their best warrior and perimeter defender

rascal
04-14-2013, 08:08 PM
They are not better without Kobe.

BillMc
04-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Kobe miraculously transformed Steve Nash from an semi-elite level PG into a SG - all at age 38. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Kobe has been and continues to be the big pink elephant in the Fakers living room. No one talks about that aspect of his selfish, detrimental style of ball or his overbearing personality both on and off the court. Meanwhile, fans, pundits and ex-players alike line up to kiss his ring and his ass. It's makes the stomach turn.

I agree. But if you notice both Mike D and Dwight, between the lines at least, seem to think they'll go back to their "real" offense now that Kobe's gone. Of course, Dwight and Mike have different views of what that should be and all of 2 games to figure it out... Pau is the only one who seems to genuinely be upset about the loss of Kobe. I think Mike was afraid to challenge Kobe and now is freed up, and Dwight gets to be the "man" again. Enjoy it guys for the 2 to 6 games you've got left this year.

That said, the home court and emotions/"prove we can do it without Kobe" factor will make this a tough game tonight. Hope I'm wrong and hope we win.

cd021
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Except how healthy is Nash? I haven't followed his injury status through the season, but checking his game log he's only played 2 minutes since 3/30. I don't think this Laker team is making any noise in the postseason.

I didn't even know he was injured. Kind of says how he has become more of a role player than a border line all star.

spurraider21
04-14-2013, 09:00 PM
they're force feeding the ball to dwight. smart strategy