PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs have me worried.

xellos88330
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
It seems that the Spurs are in some desperate need of pressure ball handlers. In this past month, the Spurs ball handlers have been getting pressured in the backcourt and are quickly passing out of it causing all sorts of bad passes and giving the ball to players who aren't dribblers. It is getting to the point now that the Spurs offense has stagnated and instead of watching a great basketball team, we are watching a team that just can't beat pressure off the dribble and panics. The Spurs are going to have to figure out how to play against this if they expect to advance, but given the fact that this has been going on for over a month makes me think that I should just start looking at draft prospects. I am hoping that this is just the Spurs playing possum or being too worried about health to really be aggressive, because I believe this team is too good to be brought down by something so simple.

Do any of you think that giving the ball to Tim early in the post could solve this? What are your opinions?

siraulo23
04-14-2013, 11:06 PM
tp needs to magically be 100% in a week or so and manu to be somewhat decent and it'll solve a lot of spurs issues

xellos88330
04-14-2013, 11:10 PM
That is really what my problem is. The Spurs are relying on 2 players that have had late injuries to be the ball handlers. I just don't think that is a winning formula. Trap Tony and play the passing lanes... Tony will have to pass to a poor ball handler. Same thing with Manu off the bench. Maybe if Parker AND Manu start it could change it up a bit, but then the bench will have issues.

BatManu20
04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
We have no PG. The ghost of Tony Parker doesn't count, so that leaves us with two backups who don't know what they're doing. That equals disaster.

SenorSpur
04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
That is really what my problem is. The Spurs are relying on 2 players that have had late injuries to be the ball handlers. I just don't think that is a winning formula. Trap Tony and play the passing lanes... Tony will have to pass to a poor ball handler. Same thing with Manu off the bench. Maybe if Parker AND Manu start it could change it up a bit, but then the bench will have issues.

...and that is what will lead to the Spurs eventual exit from the playoffs. This team STILL has underperforming role players, who are not capable of helping TP, Tim and Kawhi when they are in trouble or having an off night. Pop's offseason mantra of "internal development from within" versus one or two personnel upgrades was all bullshit. As it stands, nothing has really changed from last year to now. I feel most sorry for Duncan, whose fine performances are being routinely wasted.