PDA

View Full Version : So .......... who would you play against the Warriors?

timvp
04-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Leonard hasn't being playing back-to-backs so I would rest him.

Parker is obviously still hurt so he shouldn't play.

Duncan played 34 tough minutes tonight and had to carry a huge load ... so I wouldn't play him either.

Hell, I'd probably sit Neal too. The Spurs need Neal to come up huge in the playoffs so they can't risk him reaggravating one of his leg/foot injuries.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, with as worn down as Splitter has looked the last two or three weeks, shouldn't he be rested too?

Maybe I should have asked who should play............

superjames1992
04-14-2013, 11:16 PM
There's really no reason to play anyone meaningful at this point. Aside from getting to the 60-win milestone, there's really nothing meaningful whatsoever about these final two games.

If Manu was healthy enough to play against Minnesota, I'd say play him there, but other than that, we don't need the Big Three or Kawhi in these final games, tbh.

Robz4000
04-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Should've sat everyone tonight tbh. Would've rather beaten the Dubs and locked them in at the 7 seed.

DPG21920
04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
No joke, are you allowed to forfeit games?

Harry Callahan
04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Sit em. Five or six days of rest is more important than 59 or 60 Wins. My hopes aren't very high right now with the injuries and wear on the players. These guys need to fill up the fuel tank to have a chance to be successful in the playoffs. Sounds like some of these guys are worn down pretty bad.

DPG21920
04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
You absolutely cannot play Tim/TP/Tiago/Kawhi/Green. Neal too. Whomever is left you can play.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
3 big rotation with bon blair and baynes

danny and neal at the 3

3 man rotation at the 1 & 2 spot between mills, cojo, decolo

letmk
04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Rest Tim/Tony/Kawhi, all the other players split the minutes evenly so nobody gets too much work.

crc21209
04-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Play Mills, De Colo, Joseph, Bonner, Blair, Baynes, and Neal and Green if you have to..

TheGoldStandard
04-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Can we take a forfeit and just call it a day? The bench will stink it up.

timtonymanu
04-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Splitter needs to rest, tbh. I'm certain Duncan/Kawhi/TP are sitting tomorrow.

Start Baynes/Bonner/Green/De Colo/Mills.

Neal, Blair, CoJo off the bench

Leetonidas
04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Play Bonner, Blair, Baynes, Mills, De Colo, Joseph, Neal

TDfan2007
04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Sit: Timmy, Kawhi, Tony, Splitter, and Neal

Start: Cojo, De Colo, Green, Blair, Bonner

Bench: :lmao

Splits
04-14-2013, 11:34 PM
The last game of last year against GSW we started Mills, Anderson, Blair, Diaw, Green with Byars and CoJo playing 30+ min and Bud coached the game... and we won.

Sad how much we regressed this year and makes last year's blown opportunity hurt that much more.

Brunodf
04-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Rest Tony/Green/Kawhi/TD/Splitter. Play Bonner/Blair/Neal 48 minutes

DeadlyDynasty
04-14-2013, 11:37 PM
As stated ad nauseum, nothing good can come from playing your main guys/winning this game.

ace3g
04-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Maybe the Spurs will sign whoever for the 15th man and give him some minutes tomorrow. Dominic McGuire was born in California and did play 64 games for the Warriors in '11-12 season, so he might have a place there in offseason, might be easily accessible.

freetiago
04-14-2013, 11:39 PM
a GS win locks them into the 7th seed at least
2 losses and LA can sneak into the 7th

ElNono
04-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Bonner should play, seeing he's going to get Diaw's minutes in the 1st round...

Bruno
04-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Duncan, Leonard and Parker shouldn't play that game.
Green, Neal and Splitter should either not play or play limited minutes.

Bonner, Blair, Baynes, De Colo, Joseph and Mills should get the majority of the minutes.

And it would help if Spurs sign a player with their 15th roster spot before that game.

TD 21
04-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Maybe the Spurs will sign whoever for the 15th man and give him some minutes tomorrow. Dominic McGuire was born in California and did play 64 games for the Warriors in '11-12 season, so he might have a place there in offseason, might be easily accessible.

Makes too much sense. Why would you want another body around to soak up minutes in a few meaningless games when you can just embarrass yourself by attempting to have Neal/De Colo masquerade as SF's defensively for stretches?

I don't get why they're apparently fine going with one natural SF for the remainder of the season. Even though whoever they bring in has no shot at being in the playoff rotation, there's no downside to having another body around, even if it's just some project they want to get the rights to for the summer.

spurs10
04-15-2013, 12:09 AM
After tonight there is no good reason to play Tim, TP, Kawhi, or Splitter. I think it's possible we play everyone on Wednesday, if Manu is ready. If he isn't, then I would expect more rest for others. Using the last game as a symbolic gesture to announce "we're back" might be a good idea, but after 2011 it's hard to say. Playing scared is not a great way to go into the playoffs, but it's hard to risk another fluke injury. I hope TP was simply playing tentatively because he didn't look good. Tim Duncan was the only silver lining. You know his teammates didn't want to let him down, but they sure did. With the Warriors winning tomorrow, the Rockets will probably take care of business against the Lakers.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2013, 01:28 AM
The last game of last year against GSW we started Mills, Anderson, Blair, Diaw, Green with Byars and CoJo playing 30+ min and Bud coached the game... and we won.

Sad how much we regressed this year and makes last year's blown opportunity hurt that much more.

I just said this tonight in here a few times.... I said it all over infact. This is the truth. Last year we played our bench and could not lose games, this year late we can't win vs Bench players even with starters in. This year late is sad, a sad sad way to end this thing. Last year shortened year, healthy, 20 game winning streak! The stars nearly aligned.

BillMc
04-15-2013, 01:40 AM
If Tony really is healthy but out of rhythm as Pop claims he should at lease play 1 of these 2 remaining games. But not sure Pop isn't masking something with Tony's ankle...

Splitter looks gassed. He should sit out the next 2.

benstanfield
04-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Hanga, Lorbek, Baynes, Baynes, and Paranoid Pop.

Johnny RIngo
04-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Last year we played our bench and could not lose games, this year late we can't win vs Bench players even with starters in. This year late is sad, a sad sad way to end this thing. Last year shortened year, healthy, 20 game winning streak! The stars nearly aligned.

Harden, Durant, and Fisher ripped the soul out of our team last year(especially Parker/Ginobili). The Spurs are basically being carried by the ghost of Tim Duncan right now but that won't last very long at his age.

loveforthegame
04-15-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm looking forward to more Bonner at SF. Awesome.

Arcadian
04-15-2013, 02:14 AM
:lol Why would you play Manu in the last game of the season? Think about 2011.

jesterbobman
04-15-2013, 02:19 AM
It's depends on how the Rockets go. I'd rather play GS than Hou in the first round(We'd be favourites against both, but HOU has large variance in their play so they are more likely to upset someone, and HOU is a better team(Far ahead by Season PD, and far better in 2013). It means winning against GS increases our chances of playing them 1st round.

I don't really mind. We're a 5-10% shot of winning the title, so we need breaks to go our way. I just hope that there aren't many people who complain about the decision 15 games later, saying "Pop fucked up by playing/Not playing TP/TD/Manu etc"

Rapper
04-15-2013, 02:33 AM

Rapper
04-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Can we reach 60 wins?

baseline bum
04-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Leonard hasn't being playing back-to-backs so I would rest him.

Parker is obviously still hurt so he shouldn't play.

Duncan played 34 tough minutes tonight and had to carry a huge load ... so I wouldn't play him either.

Hell, I'd probably sit Neal too. The Spurs need Neal to come up huge in the playoffs so they can't risk him reaggravating one of his leg/foot injuries.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, with as worn down as Splitter has looked the last two or three weeks, shouldn't he be rested too?

Bonner + Blair in Kobe mode for 48. Hopefully Ginger can tear his Achilles too.

baseline bum
04-15-2013, 02:46 AM

Golden State was also in the most blatant tank mode the league has seen since the Sampson/Olajuwon back-to-back. LOL starting 4 rookies. Still, can't fault them since they got an amazing player in Harrison Barnes for it (1 more win and that pick would have been Toronto's).

Can't really sweat last year tbh. I mean everything fell into place: perfect health, easy opponents the first two rounds, HCA, but Durant >> anyone the Spurs could throw out there.

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 03:20 AM

danny and neal at the 3

I'm starting to think Pop wouldn't even give Baynes minutes with Tim/Tiago/Diaw/Bonner/Blair all out

Nero5
04-15-2013, 05:37 AM
FFS earlier this year members of this forum were thumping their chest and strutting like it was sat night fever (look it up kids) and marveling at how deep the roster was.
Now we have the 'oh noes, what we will do (run around in circles)!!!'
Look at the matchups. Plug Duncan in for 5 minutes, then play Baynes on Bogut. THey know each other and baynes is stronger. Run a three guard point rotation will mills swapping out to SG at times. You want Bonner to have confidence - give him the green light and tell him to put up 10 and run plays for him.
Hell the game is there to be USED, the purpose is yet to be defined. But the Spurs are hurt and old. Hurt and old do not recover like a 20 year old - they need time and this is a way of giving them time as well as giving confidence and burn to the bench

sventhedog
04-15-2013, 05:52 AM
recall the whole d-league team?

hater
04-15-2013, 05:55 AM
lmao no reason to rest anyone. round 1 spurs are playing for their playoff lives. Play everyone. Resting A or B means shit. Spurs are not going to get miraculously better with a game of rest.

hater
04-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Golden State was also in the most blatant tank mode the league has seen since the Sampson/Olajuwon back-to-back. LOL starting 4 rookies. Still, can't fault them since they got an amazing player in Harrison Barnes for it (1 more win and that pick would have been Toronto's).

Can't really sweat last year tbh. I mean everything fell into place: perfect health, easy opponents the first two rounds, HCA, but Durant >> anyone the Spurs could throw out there.

IMO Ibaka, Harden and Fisher won that series. spurs didn't have them in the plans. and who can blame them.

Richie
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Rest everyone

aal04
04-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Sorry, but we have to play TD for 40 minutes.

TD needs to be battle hardened come playoff time. If we wrap him in cotton wool, he will suffer when he has to suddenly play more minutes and he will no doubt have to play extra.

Run him to the ground, then give him a 3-4 day break before game 1.

Nero5
04-15-2013, 07:04 AM
battle hardened..geez, he's brittle and tired, he needs to heal the bumps and bruises.

bklynspursfan
04-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I'd actually play them all. Parker did want these last few games for his rhythm. Tim can play limited minutes, if he looks bad out there, same with Kawhi. But I wouldn't sit anyone. Let them get as much run in as possible, they've each sat enough games this year.

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Sorry, but we have to play TD for 40 minutes.

TD needs to be battle hardened come playoff time. If we wrap him in cotton wool, he will suffer when he has to suddenly play more minutes and he will no doubt have to play extra.

Run him to the ground, then give him a 3-4 day break before game 1.

Battle hardened? Have you been watching a different season of Spurs basketball? TD has been the only player on our team during this second half of the season playing with cajones and giving it 100%.

Last season we sputtered during the WCF's; this season we are down-spinning before the playoffs even start. It's hard to watch, but as always I'll never lose faith until we are fishing in the Cayman.

T Park
04-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Bonner + Blair in Kobe mode for 48. Hopefully Ginger can tear his Achilles too.

This is such a bullshit post. Fucking pathetic.

gospursgojas
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
I thought this was a question about the 1st round of the playoffs...

And I still agreed with sitting all of the above.

ace3g
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo) 12s (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/323882839739351040) Spurs Tony Parker (sore neck), Kawhi Leonard (sore left knee) and Tim Duncan (sore left knee) are out for tonight’s game at Golden State.

benstanfield
04-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo) 12s (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/323882839739351040) Spurs Tony Parker (sore neck), Kawhi Leonard (sore left knee) and Tim Duncan (sore left knee) are out for tonight’s game at Golden State.http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2339/nba2k132013022201363048.jpg
I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

Blizzardwizard
04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
LOL Pop tanking. Nah, I think he's just giving rest now for the playoffs. We've got the number 2 seed locked up anyways.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Hopefully Ginger can tear his Achilles too.

I chuckled tbh.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Splitter shouldn't be playing either IMO.

I'd let any Spurfan in attendance get 10-15mins of gametime if they wanted tbh. I think Cry Havoc went to the Dubs game earlier this season so Pop could conceivably throw him out there, could probably get some really good pics to share of his experience.

superjames1992
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo) 12s (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/323882839739351040) Spurs Tony Parker (sore neck), Kawhi Leonard (sore left knee) and Tim Duncan (sore left knee) are out for tonight’s game at Golden State.
LOL. Got to love Pop's "injuries." Parker's might be real, though.

bklynspursfan
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Patty Mills gonna go off again like last year?

Homeland Security
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Warriors might not be able to out-tank the Spurs tonight. Kevin McHale owes Pop a bottle of wine. The Rockets can tank their last two games, look forward to an easy first-round series win, and be rested up nicely for a tough series against Denver.

And Rocketfan can emerge for the first time in forever and remind everyone that the Rockets are undefeated against the Spurs in the playoffs all-time, and that 2007 is starting to become the distant past.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Warriors might not be able to out-tank the Spurs tonight. Kevin McHale owes Pop a bottle of wine. The Rockets can tank their last two games, look forward to an easy first-round series win, and be rested up nicely for a tough series against Denver.

And Rocketfan can emerge for the first time in forever and remind everyone that the Rockets are undefeated against the Spurs in the playoffs all-time, and that 2007 is starting to become the distant past.

If the Rockets tank their last two games, then they're going to be the 8th seed and will meet OKC.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Play Baynes until he passes out.

Call up someone from the D-League and see if he can hang.

phxspurfan
04-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Bain, Nando, CoJo, Blair, Bonner, Green, and random d-league scrubs should play.

Edit: and Pat Stacks should get massive minutes as well.

Homeland Security
04-15-2013, 04:38 PM
If the Rockets tank their last two games, then they're going to be the 8th seed and will meet OKC.
Remind me to look at the schedule next time.

If the Warriors win tonight, they can finish no worse than 7th. The Rockets then have to try to beat the Lakers to stay out of 8th. If they do, then GS can ensure they finish 7th and draw the enervated Spurs by throwing their last game.

phxspurfan
04-15-2013, 04:41 PM

This. People always shit on Durant in here but he's far and away the best player in the league (yes, better than LeBroom) if he gets the chance. Pair him with a pass-first PG like CP3 and he's be beyond unstoppable. It would be blissful to watch tbh.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 04:44 PM
This. People always shit on Durant in here but he's far and away the best player in the league (yes, better than LeBroom) if he gets the chance. Pair him with a pass-first PG like CP3 and he's be beyond unstoppable. It would be blissful to watch tbh.

:lmao

Mugen
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Remind me to look at the schedule next time.

If the Warriors win tonight, they can finish no worse than 7th. The Rockets then have to try to beat the Lakers to stay out of 8th. If they do, then GS can ensure they finish 7th and draw the enervated Spurs by throwing their last game.

Both the Rockets/Warriors can stay out of the 8th seed just by winning tonight. If they both win then that locks in LA/Utah into the 8th seed to essentially play OKC.

My money is on Golden State is staying in the 7th spot.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 04:47 PM

Durant is far and away the 2nd best player in the league right now. It's ridiculous to say he's better than LeBron after the 2012 Finals and the season that James has had.

cd021
04-15-2013, 04:56 PM

danny and neal at the 3

Pardon my french, but fuck.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Pardon my french, but fuck.

I know man it sucks...But its all we got....

cd021
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
lmao no reason to rest anyone. round 1 spurs are playing for their playoff lives. Play everyone. Resting A or B means shit. Spurs are not going to get miraculously better with a game of rest.

5 or 6 day rest for Parker, who hasn't looked healthy since March 1st. 13 days rest with 25 minutes of game time tucked in between has to help whatever ails T.P.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Dudes !!! Run everybody to the Ground !!

LarryDavid
04-15-2013, 05:05 PM
This. People always shit on Durant in here but he's far and away the best player in the league (yes, better than LeBroom)

The fuck?!?!?!?!?!?

cd021
04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Sit: Timmy, Kawhi, Tony, Splitter, and Neal

Start: Cojo, De Colo, Green, Blair, Bonner

Bench: :lmao

Start-Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, Splitter
Bench-No Manu + No Captain+ No Diaw=:lmao

Coming soon April 2013.

cd021
04-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I know man it sucks...But its all we got....

That depresses the hell out of me. I need a minute...damn.

DPG21920
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't get why Tiago is playing. Spurs can't afford to lose him and he looks gassed.

TheGoldStandard
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Don't worry Matt Bonner will save the day tonight, he'll go 7 for 11 and score 21, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks..

Mugen
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
I don't get why Tiago is playing. Spurs can't afford to lose him and he looks gassed.

Agreed, absolutely zero reason for him to be playing tonight.

tenbeersbold
04-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Tiago being maxed cause he aint comin' back ta tha' Silver 'n Black next year

Beaverfuzz
04-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Neal, 42 minutes tonight. Go team!