PDA

View Full Version : This is good news, though.

maurolv
04-15-2013, 12:15 AM
@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN): "Lost in the postgame, but Tony Parker repeated what he said after Sac game. Thinks Manu plays vs. Minnesota season finale."

(not sure if someone had already posted it - looked for it but didn't find anything)

freetiago
04-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Terrible news
dont tease the basketball gods
we saw what happened in 2011
Manu had his major injury vs the Wolves in 2012 when he hurt his hand or oblique i think
TOSB has been injured so much i cant remember where
then his first hamstring injury this season was vs the Wolves

sit him

BatManu20
04-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Won't make much of a difference tbh. Love Manu more than most but he's playing the worst ball of his career.

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Even if Manu isn't going to be 100% physically, his ball movement and outside shot on offense will be instrumental in helping the bench unit out.

ElNono
04-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Would be surprising... not because Manu wouldn't want to, but because Pop has gone full on paranoid for a while now

Robz4000
04-15-2013, 12:23 AM
Fuck it, I'll take it. Unless something changes, this team is out in the first round or swept in the second. His leadership and will to win may lift the Spurs to a few more wins before he gets hurt again.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Manu being in rhythm is irrelevant if TP plays like shit tbh.

SpurPadre
04-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Here's a crazy thought but why not start him once he comes back? He's a rhythm player, we all know that but putting him on the floor with TP and TD will put less pressure on him and of course, TP and TD. I know our bench has suffered since Manu has been out so it's not a slam dunk decision that this move would be for the best but who knows for sure? DG might be better off from the bench as our supersub, ready to spell Manu and even play backup SF to give Kawhi a little breather?

houston spurs fan
04-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Agree. If Tony cannot go 100% who cares.

spurs10
04-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Would be surprising... not because Manu wouldn't want to, but because Pop has gone full on paranoid for a while now
That's the question, but playing scared won't do it. I get sitting the starters tomorrow, but think they need to sweep out the cobwebs a bit. Not balls to the wall, just 25 minutes or so for the starters. Manu could use the confidence boost and the conditioning you'd imagine.
:flag:

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Better sit the starting 5+Manu in the last 2 games tbh...

Floyd Pacquiao
04-15-2013, 01:21 AM
freetiago's right tbh don't fuk with the basketball gods...just rest every one and treat the playoffs like the start of a new season imo

KaiRMD1
04-15-2013, 01:50 AM
I don't think it matters with this bunch tbh

SenorSpur
04-15-2013, 02:41 AM
Won't make much of a difference tbh. Love Manu more than most but he's playing the worst ball of his career.

Bingo.

I love Manu too. However, his presence is not going to improve this team's rebounding and interior defense. Manu, and his tender hamstrings, isn't going to help the Spurs slow the noted "Spur killer" James Harden. I hope he plays well once he returns, but Manu has been in a noticeable decline, as evidenced by his play this year - injuries or not injuries.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Bingo.

I love Manu too. However, his presence is not going to improve this team's rebounding and interior defense. Manu, and his tender hamstrings, isn't going to help the Spurs slow the noted "Spur killer" James Harden. I hope he plays well once he returns, but Manu has been in a noticeable decline, as evidenced by his play this year - injuries or not injuries.
I agree with you guys, some can think a magic button will turn on here and this will be even 010 Manu again! But me I am not delusional at all and see the truths and you guys are right. Manu is not going to make a huge difference, those banking on it are stuck in the past, period.