PDA

View Full Version : You know you are a true Spurs fan when

Mavs<Spurs
07-08-2005, 02:22 AM
You know you are a true Spurs fan when

most of what you saved on the DVR are Spurs playoff games which are going more often than you would care to admit
when you make sure that your homework does not interfere with your Spurs games-priorities!
You clean your Manu Taco Cabana Mug before the games
You check espn insider and woai daily for any free agent information
:fro

Horry For 3!
07-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Ok... *thumbs up*

SenorSpur
07-08-2005, 02:55 AM
You have Spurs underwear and you've bought a Spurs thong for your girl.

:)

Sense
07-08-2005, 02:57 AM
When you eat off plastic Spurs plates, even if they are not microwavable.

Mr. Body
07-08-2005, 03:30 AM
You believe most any free agent, including those named Shareef, would sign for the Spurs for pennies on the dollar and be content playing from the end of the bench.

Oh, wait. That's the "Typical, Crazy Spurs Fan" thread.

Slo spurs fan
07-08-2005, 04:25 AM
When you have more than 30 gigab. of Spurs games on your com.,
when you have Spurs jersey, Spurs coffe cup, and brand new 2005 NBA champion hat ( I just got it 10 min. ago :elephant ) and you live in country wich is more than 10.000 miles away from San Antonio!!!

And last but not least you must weake up every 2nd or 3rd night at around 2am just to "watch" Spurs games (live scoreboards) in the middle of the night and than go directly to work.

Horry For 3!
07-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Your a true Spurs fan when you stick with them through thick and thin and never miss a game. :)

constantstate
07-08-2005, 04:37 AM
when you're looking for free space on your car to stick/paint/hoist more spurs logos. (some people are hardcore)

when you know someone who has a french poodle named parker and dont roll your eyes.

when you're in another city and go out to find a place to watch a spurs game.

when other people you know who dont follow basketball start asking you how the spurs are doing...

word
07-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Homework ?

How about, spent over 2 G's going to playoff games ?

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2005, 07:11 AM
True spursfan is when a spurs player have a bad game, you come in here and making lame threads demanding a trade, or firing the coach :D :D

Twisted_Dawg
07-08-2005, 07:55 AM
....When you remember buying $3 seats in the Arena in 1973 and then moving down to the expensive red seats at mid court.

....When you remember the Spurs working out a contract with the Squires on a paper restaurant napkin for some kid named Gervin.

....When you still suffer post traumatic syndrome from getting raped by the NBA in 1979.

....When you lived in Austin in the early 1980's and had to drive to a Jim's Coffee shop in south Austin to buy a San Antonio Light or Express to read about the Spurs.

.....When you can actually remember watching some old cable sports channel when the Spurs drafted Alfredrick Hughs and that commentator lowering his head in disgust muttering the classic "he is a CBA lifer."

.....The fear you felt in the summer of 1976 not knowing if the Spurs would be "let into" the NBA----then the euphoria when they were!

.....The state of nirvana you felt when the Spurs won the draft rights to David Robinson and his later signing which saved the Spurs and kept them in San Antonio.

......Finally, you know you are a Spurs fan when you spend a lot of time reading this forum and writing this post instead of going to work.

IX_Equilibrium
07-08-2005, 07:57 AM
you don't act like TPark

sa_butta
07-08-2005, 08:57 AM
You listened to WOAI for the games back in the 90's cause all the home games were on PPV.

batman2883
07-08-2005, 09:26 AM
You know your a true Spur's fan if your screenname isnt TPark, or Spursdaone

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 09:36 AM
when other people you know who dont follow basketball start asking you how the spurs are doing...

Especially, when they ask you how your spurs are doing.

You know you are a true fan--- when you call and wake your missionary mom in the Ukraine and make her pray for the Spurs when they are struggling in a game.
Thanks Mom! = )

kskonn
07-08-2005, 09:36 AM
When you have all the memorbalia, hats, shirts, etc.... have a german Shepard named Ginobli who wears a spurs bandanna and collar... Polish off the old Sean Elliot cup before each game in order to help generate good karhma..

WayDowntownBang
07-08-2005, 09:57 AM
When you have more than 30 gigab. of Spurs games on your com.,
when you have Spurs jersey, Spurs coffe cup, and brand new 2005 NBA champion hat ( I just got it 10 min. ago :elephant ) and you live in country wich is more than 10.000 miles away from San Antonio!!!

And last but not least you must weake up every 2nd or 3rd night at around 2am just to "watch" Spurs games (live scoreboards) in the middle of the night and than go directly to work.

This one's going to be hard to beat.

SWC Bonfire
07-08-2005, 09:59 AM
When you repeatedly say "Taco...Cabana" like the Sean Elliot cardboard cutout. :lol

have a german Shepard named Ginobli who wears a spurs bandanna and collar...

You've got to post a pic of that. GSD's rock.:tu

SWC Bonfire
07-08-2005, 10:01 AM
You know you are a true fan--- when you call and wake your missionary mom in the Ukraine and make her pray for the Spurs when they are struggling in a game.
Thanks Mom! = )

Umm, that's a bit beyond the call of duty, I would think. :lol

nkdlunch
07-08-2005, 10:02 AM
You have Spurs underwear and you've bought a Spurs thong for your girl.

:)

they have spurs thongs??? where? I need to get that for my girl!

Ishta
07-08-2005, 10:05 AM
When your friends, and family ask when the seasons going to be over so you pay attention to THEM!!!

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Umm, that's a bit beyond the call of duty, I would think. :lol

Hey, she wants the best mom of the year trophy she has to pay her dues.
:lol

Seriously though, my mom is cool. I can always count on her in my hour of need- no matter how late or early. = )

LilMissSPURfect
07-08-2005, 12:39 PM
When your friends, and family ask when the seasons going to be over so you pay attention to THEM!!!

true..true..

i'm also always eating using my SPURS plates and bowls and cups :spin

but YOU KNOW YOU ARE TRUE SPURS FAN WHEN:

YOU ARE HERE POSTING TRYING TO PROVE TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT YOU ARE INDEED A FAN!

[*hey, i have my "chill factor" tshirt still] :spin

margeryanne
07-08-2005, 12:40 PM
when you're looking for free space on your car to stick/paint/hoist more spurs logos. (some people are hardcore)

when you know someone who has a french poodle named parker and dont roll your eyes.

when you're in another city and go out to find a place to watch a spurs game.

I laughed at this because everyone I know watched the playoffs and cheered for the Spurs, so they could talk to me about it. And every year they have won the championship, people have called and congratulated me,like I really have anything to do with it.

CalsonicKansei
07-08-2005, 12:40 PM
You know you are a true Spurs fan when

most of what you saved on the DVR are Spurs playoff games which are going more often than you would care to admit
when you make sure that your homework does not interfere with your Spurs games-priorities!
You check espn insider and woai daily for any free agent information
:fro
Thats funny, true.

pache100
07-08-2005, 12:43 PM
When you repeatedly say "Taco...Cabana" like the Sean Elliot cardboard cutout. :lol

I say that all the time, but I say it like Manu..."Tagogabonna!"

I remember the Sean one, too, though. I miss the Gunn commercials with Timmy and Malik.

Sense
07-08-2005, 12:47 PM
you don't act like TPark

:lmao

Who's gonna disagree with this.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2005, 12:49 PM
you actually check to see if this year's summer league squad is going to be on NBAtv.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 12:51 PM
...you dump on the players who helped the team win championships, fall in love with crap players and project every summerleague team member to be an eventual All-Star.

GoSpurs21
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
You listened to WOAI for the games back in the 90's cause all the home games were on PPV.or went to Bandera Bowl cause they had the Satelite feeds for the Spurs games not on local TV.

...you dump on the players who helped the team win championshipsthat's not as bad as turning past average players into Hall of Famers just cause they had one good post season.

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
This title should be changed to "You know you are a big time spurs homer when." You think Duncan is better than Garnett.

Jdspur20
07-08-2005, 01:42 PM
when you live through .4

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
This title should be changed to "You know you are a big time spurs homer when." You think Duncan is better than Garnett.

Man, :stfu already, come back when your man KG has even gotten to touch a trophy.

Ishta
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
when you live through .4

That's very TRUE.........

Benosgirl14
07-08-2005, 02:45 PM
You are a true Spurs fan when:
-You pimp your ride Spurs style
-You show up at the games early
-You go downtown if the Spurs win the Championship and scream your heart out.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-08-2005, 02:53 PM

MannyIsGod, paging MannyIsGod to the Spurs forum, please.

Friscospur
07-08-2005, 02:57 PM
When paint remains on your face since the championship game...!!!

Friscospur
07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
When you watch a replay of horry 3 pointer or the final seconds of the championship game and pretend you are watching it for the very first time..!

When you have a SPURS BBQ party this Saturday celebrating the championship game completed more than 2 weeks ago...!

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 03:04 PM
When you tattoo a Spur on your member.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-08-2005, 03:11 PM
You kill.

MiNuS
07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
when you get tachycardia and can't breathe right before the finals game start.

Now all my family including the inlaws are Spurs fans. If this were "Amway" or QuixStar
I'd be a Diamond by now!

spurschick
07-08-2005, 03:16 PM
You're still catching up on all the sleep you lost during the playoffs

50 cent
07-08-2005, 04:41 PM
You're still catching up on all the sleep you lost during the playoffs
Very true. And still catching up on work that you didn't do because you were too busy reading this forum in anticipation of the next game.

Also, when you spend over $700 to fly down the night of Finals game 7, go to the game, celebrate till the wee hours of the morning, and take the 6:55am flight home to Dallas and head straight to work from the airport.

FoxMulder
07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
You are a true Spurs fan when you knew them and cheer for them and suffer with their elimination at the playoffs in the last 10 years...
before players from your country started to play with the team...

Extra Stout
07-08-2005, 04:56 PM
You are a true Spurs fan when you knew them and cheer for them and suffer with their elimination at the playoffs in the last 10 years...
before players from your country started to play with the team...Well, crap, I guess that means Americans can't be Spurs fans, because the Spurs have had Americans on the roster since the Dallas days...

FoxMulder
07-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, crap, I guess that means Americans can't be Spurs fans, because the Spurs have had Americans on the roster since the Dallas days...

I´d assume that americans were fans already. I´m talking about foreign fans...

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Beno's girl----

Where did you get the picture of Brent, my Rasho, and Beno kissing the trophy???? That is too cute!

Mr Dio
07-08-2005, 10:05 PM
When you tattoo a Spur on your member.

Yeah..uh huh. I'm pretty sure you're the only one on this board that would have such a thing for the players. Well, the male at least.

Very true. And still catching up on work that you didn't do because you were too busy reading this forum in anticipation of the next game.
Also, when you spend over $700 to fly down the night of Finals game 7, go to the game, celebrate till the wee hours of the morning, and take the 6:55am flight home to Dallas and head straight to work from the airport.

50cent--I think you win it man.
Good to meet you @ the Game by the way. I was one glassy-eyed drunken dude that night.
Alamo has a pretty awesome tat man..Had the pleasure to meet him as well when he was in town during the 1st round of the playoffs.

Gentlemen, please promise you won't be an AZZ & put the Spur on your member. What a classy move that would be. :rolleyes yeah, right..

tophy7
07-08-2005, 10:23 PM

This thread was about true spurs fans, why are you posting in it?

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 11:03 PM
This thread was about true spurs fans, why are you posting in it?
I didn't know being a true spurs fan meant being bias.

zedman
07-09-2005, 01:13 AM
You have the Spurs' spur logo as the decoration on your groom's cake.

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 10:01 AM
You have the Spurs' spur logo as the decoration on your groom's cake.

Okay, now that is awesome! Enough to make any worthy bride fall in love all over again! Major props!!!! = )

Duncan21
07-09-2005, 10:23 AM
:tu

KEDA
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
When you watch the game at Kori's and shes not there, celebrate the championship with your good friends, then go to Academy and wait for 2 and a half hours, go back to Kori's with your new shirt and hat, go to Jims and eat, go back to Kori's and watch the first half, then go home and pack your clothes, get in the rental car and drive for 10 hours to Baton Rouge, LA where San Antonio does not exist to them!!!!

and the only energy you have is a SOBE along the way!

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 11:22 AM
When you watch the game at Kori's and shes not there, celebrate the championship with your good friends, then go to Academy and wait for 2 and a half hours, go back to Kori's with your new shirt and hat, go to Jims and eat, go back to Kori's and watch the first half, then go home and pack your clothes, get in the rental car and drive for 10 hours to Baton Rouge, LA where San Antonio does not exist to them!!!!

and the only energy you have is a SOBE along the way!

Good times! :spin