PDA

View Full Version : On the edge...but don't look down

coachmac87
04-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Everybody is on the cliff ready to jump...I'm on the edge and somewhat concerned but I'm not looking down..

Last Spurs were the hottest team in the league and there was a point where people thought we couldn't lose. Yet things changed and shit hit the fan.. But we fought till the end and you can say what you want but this team doesn't quit. Judge em at the end of the regular season if you want...but as we know it doesn't matter.

Miami last year was in a similar situation with Bosh being out and Wade not 100%..but they fought through adversity and overcame that and won it all. Okc struggled at the end of season but turned on the switch come playoff time..

Like Pop said earlier it could be better to face our adversity now then in the WCF after winning 20 straight. Never said it was going to be easy. But I think this team still has some nasty in them..

Just don't give up on this team.. Cause they won't give up on us..Believe

coachmac87
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
And for those who've jumped ship can drown...no need to hop back on if this thing gets turned around..

bus driver
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
if youre on the edge than your a wanker.

bklynspursfan
04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
:tu

RD2191
04-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Fuck off. This team is done.

Budkin
04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Fuck off. This team is done.

Are you going to bother watching any more games?

coachmac87
04-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Of course he is. Fickle fans lol

RD2191
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Are you going to bother watching any more games?

Of course I am. Just to keep annoying you folks.

sananspursfan21
04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I still believe of course but I sure am freakin nervous

rascal
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I still believe of course but I sure am freakin nervous

What do you believe?

benefactor
04-15-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure what cliff there is to jump off of. Anyone who thought this team's ceiling was more than the WCF's is kidding themselves. Fully healthy and playing perfect basketball they have a shot at the finals, but chances were pretty slim of that happening too. We can talk all day about Parker, Diaw, Jack and all the other issues that affect the Spurs but the fact is that without Manu playing at a high level they weren't doing much in the post season. No one should be surprised that he's breaking down again...especially at his age...which is why there should be no need to jump off any cliff.

Expectations were low to begin with and it's better to accept that than blow sunshine up each others asses and wind up drowning yourself in an emo river when it doesn't work out. Just enjoy the things that are going well...like Duncan's improbable year. For me, getting to watch him play vintage ball this season is just as good as winning a ring.

Budkin
04-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Of course I am. Just to keep annoying you folks.

I understand your frustration though, I feel the same a lot of the time. But I'm gonna try to enjoy the last gasp of an era while I can.

sananspursfan21
04-15-2013, 03:54 PM
What do you believe?
C'mon man, context clues! This is a spurs forum, this is a "don't give up on 'em" type of thread... I believe in the spurs! I think they can Atleast go deep in the playoffs still, from there on who knows