PDA

View Full Version : Where is Tiago Splitter?

ThaBigFundamental21
04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Tiago had a great game against OKC some weeks back. Is it me, but since then he has been AWOL! He played a decent game here or there. But the guy looks pathetic. He is supposed to be Tim's help. If this is what Splitter is, I'm not too sure I want the Spurs over paying for a soft European scrub. I'm sick of tired of him failing to even put his hands up on D. He is highly underwhelming when it comes to rebounding, you never know what you are going to get. This was his time to step up with all the injuries, and instead he wilted.

RD2191
04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
I heard he broke up with his bf so he is a bit distraught over that.

rascal
04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
I always said don't count on Splitter.

cd98
04-15-2013, 11:57 AM
What I want to know is how much are we going to overpay him to become Bonner No. 2?

SenorSpur
04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Where is Tiago Splitter? Curled up in a corner along the baseline in the fetal position.

portnoy1
04-15-2013, 12:14 PM
From a numbers standpoint, he is doing pretty well. Parker not being healthy hurts his offensive effeciency imho. Tiago isnt the problem, its a team issue. Guys being put in positions that they're not used to. Green and Tiago have trouble without TP, and Pop doesn't seem to allow Leonard ( the one guy who can get his ) to go all out offensively. Add to that, bench playmaking is lacking a banged up TP for the starters, and a piss poor Manu (forget the injury) and a hurt Diaw an Stephen Jackson sitting at home an their goes your playmakers.

If Neal, Bonner and Green get hurt instead of Manu, Diaw an Jack would we be playing as badly? I figure no, because they're expendable. Bonner doesn't rebound and can only shoot WIDE OPEN 3'S, Neal only looks for his shot and cant spell defense and Green who is solid is still more expendable than the guys mentioned above. Its not just injuries, but its the skillset of the guys who got injured.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
you guys are awesome sometimes.
Splitter is the only spurs player who never missed a game this tear, not a single one. He is done that after a first year at playing once in a while garbage minutes.

rascal with the "I always said don't count on him" when he has been the most reliable player...

What have you done for me lately forum

LittleCriminal
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I think the starters are just waiting for the playoffs to start...with the 2 seed, I think some of the players see no point in playing balls out with only a few games left. Especially with all the injuries this team has seen throughout the NBA and acquired as of late.
Imo right now is more about working on plays and getting ready for the playoffs.
Spurs will wake up come playoff time.... I hope.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 12:23 PM
He's gassed since he's the only one to play in every game this year. While the team leaders are taking turns getting rest and getting hurt every other week tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2013, 12:35 PM
:wakeup

SenorSpur
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I don't have any issues with Splitter's durability. In fact, on a team that is so injury-prone, he is to be commended. What I don't like is his lack of aggression and his poor finishes around the basket. How many bunnies did he miss in their most recent game versus the Fakers? Why does he have to be reminded to do things like "go strong to the hole", "put a body on the opposition" or "secure the rebound and keep the ball over your head until you make the outlet pass"? There are things that I would expect a player of his caliber to already know. If not, these are things I would hope the Spurs coaching staff are in his ear constantly about.

Hoops Czar
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
He's garbage without Ginobili. If Splitter is offered more than a two year contract, The Spurs will be carrying dead weight when Manu retires.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-15-2013, 12:45 PM
He's gassed since he's the only one to play in every game this year. While the team leaders are taking turns getting rest and getting hurt every other week tbh.

So the 28 year old professional athlete who plays just under 25 minutes a game is gassed? Maybe we don't need him on our team next year if that's the case

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Good question...

Mugen
04-15-2013, 12:53 PM
So the 28 year old professional athlete who plays just under 25 minutes a game is gassed? Maybe we don't need him on our team next year if that's the case

Considering it's the most he's ever played in his career, it'd make sense he's gassed.

Maybe we don't if the Spurs are just planning to rebuild next year anyways. Otherwise, good luck with the remaining bigs next to Timmy :lol

look_at_g_shred
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I think the starters are just waiting for the playoffs to start...with the 2 seed, I think some of the players see no point in playing balls out with only a few games left. Especially with all the injuries this team has seen throughout the NBA and acquired as of late.
Imo right now is more about working on plays and getting ready for the playoffs.
Spurs will wake up come playoff time.... I hope.

Captivus
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
My final opinion on Tiago will be after the POs, at the moment I think he is doing a good job, he is not Shaq.
Having said that, his softness makes me crazy.

You know what I'm always waiting for? Someone to do this to Tiago, maybe that way he will learn what a man is, after he is treated like a bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

PingPong
04-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm hoping he's just coasting after the spurs got the tickets to the playoffs.

superjames1992
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm just banking on him coasting and that he'll turn it up in the playoffs and stop throwing up this weak crap at the rim, tbh. We'll see.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Considering it's the most he's ever played in his career, it'd make sense he's gassed.

Maybe we don't if the Spurs are just planning to rebuild next year anyways. Otherwise, good luck with the remaining bigs next to Timmy :lol

Well smart ass, Jackson, Manu, and Splitter are all FA's after this season. That's an awful lot of money coming off the books should the Spurs choose to go another way.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
My final opinion on Tiago will be after the POs, at the moment I think he is doing a good job, he is not Shaq.
Having said that, his softness makes me crazy.

You know what I'm always waiting for? Someone to do this to Tiago, maybe that way he will learn what a man is, after he is treated like a bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

Lol, couldn't hurt.

hooperflash
04-15-2013, 01:18 PM
The dude lost his toughness when he started getting called for a ton of offensive fouls while in the post. Tiago really wants to stay on the floor, so as a result he isn't being as aggressive as he should be. It's pretty sad, tbh. I hope the team executes better than the last few weeks man. The playoffs are a comin'!

benstanfield
04-15-2013, 02:31 PM
We have 7 guards on the roster, but not a single healthy guard can run the PnR effectively right now. Without Manu/TP I would say NDC or Kawhi are best PnR ball handlers.

But it's definitely a toughness issue...:downspin:

freetiago
04-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Splitter has shown up in about every single big game but the last OKC one
he was also the guy sparking a lot of 10-0 type runs when he was coming off the bench in the beginning of the season in the 4th quarters
he had a double double wth 3 blocks and 2 steals and held Gasol too probably one of his worst career games and people are mad
He doesnt have a high motor and lets his teammates get his rebounds, would prefer if he fought his own guys tbh
Spurs want to use him as a garbage big next to Duncan but he has more skill then that
still dont run post plays for him or let him attempt pick and pop jumpers

His scoring will depend on broken plays and guys being in bad position and his hero teammates passing him the ball
without Tony and Manu you cant expect him to score double digit points every game off those kinds of plays
still havent talked about the lack of respect he gets going to the rim too tbh per par

cd98
04-15-2013, 04:19 PM
you guys are awesome sometimes.
Splitter is the only spurs player who never missed a game this tear, not a single one. He is done that after a first year at playing once in a while garbage minutes.

rascal with the "I always said don't count on him" when he has been the most reliable player...

What have you done for me lately forum

He's showed up at opening tip to all the games. We're worried about teh ones he's disappearing from.

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
he was also the guy sparking a lot of 10-0 type runs when he was coming off the bench in the beginning of the season in the 4th quarters
he had a double double wth 3 blocks and 2 steals and held Gasol too probably one of his worst career games and people are mad
He doesnt have a high motor and lets his teammates get his rebounds, would prefer if he fought his own guys tbh
Spurs want to use him as a garbage big next to Duncan but he has more skill then that

His scoring will depend on broken plays and guys being in bad position and his hero teammates passing him the ball
without Tony and Manu you cant expect him to score double digit points every game off those kinds of plays
still havent talked about the lack of respect he gets going to the rim too tbh per par
Can't argue with that

ChumpDumper
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
still dont run post plays for himWith good reason.
or let him attempt pick and pop jumpersThank God for that.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
He's showed up at opening tip to all the games. We're worried about teh ones he's disappearing from.

you should worried about rooting for another team if you don't like the players of your current one

BatManu20
04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
He's busy making Razzie-worthy commercials like this:

nGjeCbcK28w

7SaRVlMFa6g

TheGoldStandard
04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Tiago Splitter is hard at work with his up and under move and hook shot that gets blocked or misses completely. Then he's practicing his "come on" stare at the refs in the mirror.

200 miles
04-15-2013, 05:11 PM

When oh when will it all change?

cd98
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
you should worried about rooting for another team if you don't like the players of your current one

I root for the team regardless of who is on it. Never said I disliked any of the players, but there is no question Tiago has a history of disappearing in games. But I get it. You're from Brazil and he's from Brazil. I've got no problem with you having blind loyalty to your countrymen.

Brazil
04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
I root for the team regardless of who is on it. Never said I disliked any of the players, but there is no question Tiago has a history of disappearing in games. But I get it. You're from Brazil and he's from Brazil. I've got no problem with you having blind loyalty to your countrymen.

Except I'm French :lmao

cd98
04-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Except I'm French :lmao

Classic. That is funny pretty funny.