PDA

View Full Version : Can P.J. get some love

SenorSpur
07-08-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm a bit concerned that our wonderful assistant coach, P. J Carlisemo, can't seem to buy his way into another head coaching gig.

As has been stated here before, that loser Latrell Sprewell, chokes hims in practice a few years ago, gets suspended, pays his fine and gets second, third and fourth chances in this league.

P.J., on the other hand, was the victim, gets blackballed because of the incident and hasn't had a job since. Hell, he couldn't even land the open Minnesota job because Spreewell (ironically) was the one who whispered into KG's ear and eventually killed any hopes of an offer.

Something is afoul here. The NBA coaching carousel has been in full swing over the past two years. Teams like Philadelphia and Boston have had at least 3 coaches in the past two seasons.

Meanwhile, spare assistant coaches list Terry Stotts (MIL), Wayne Casey (MIN), Mike Montgomery (GS), and Jeff Bzdelik (DEN) all get first cracks, while other more qualified coaches such as Jim O'Brien, Bryon Scott (NO), Scott Skiles (CHI), Rudy T. (LA), Brian Hill (ORL) all get second chances.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love for P.J. to stay with Spurs. From what I hear, all the Spurs players love him and he's earned the respect of everyone around him.

As we all know, winning breeds success. Danny Ferry was the first in the organization to cash in on the organizational success and well deserved - I might add. It's also time for some team to give P.J. some love and offer him a second chance.

ZStomp
07-08-2005, 03:30 AM
Better for the Spurs.

DesiSpur_21
07-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Well.. PJ can at least feed his family :spin unlike a multi-millionaire Spree :lol

On a serious note, I can't believe teams are passing up on him and offer jobs to suckers - Did the Spree episode alone gave him such a bad rep?

constantstate
07-08-2005, 04:50 AM
its their loss. i feel that p.j. is the guy who helped pop open up the offense a little more... and that he deserves alot of the credit for that now. i was kinda rooting for him to stay in that respect. (but i think you're right about it being screwed up)

AFE7FATMAN
07-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Screwed Up :lol
Bob Hill is in the running for the job in Seattle :rolleyes

I say we keep PJ and give him more $.

Fouled Out
07-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Props to P.J. for all the hardwork he has put in the organization, and keeping Pop in check when he looses it or to run a more explosive offense. Great job, give that man a pay raise. :tu

Summers
07-08-2005, 07:33 AM
I think it's weird too... How did him getting choked ruin his reputation?

Supergirl
07-08-2005, 09:07 AM
From what I understand, PJ is not all that serious about WANTING to leave...He's checking out offers, but I think unless it's a great possibility, he'd happier where he is...esp knowing that the longer he stays, the more likely he is to get to take over for Pop when/if he retires...

SWC Bonfire
07-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Better for the Spurs.

Sure, it's better for the Spurs. But coaching is like a family, and don't think for a minute that Pop wouldn't want PJ to go on and be successful somewhere else.

PJ has/is paying his dues, bigtime. Maybe he'll try to stick around to be Pop's sucessor, but I doubt it because that will be a long wait. He deserves a shot elsewhere.

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Coach P.J. is great and deserves a head coaching job. That said, I won't be that upset if he doesn't get one, cause then we get to keep him!