PDA

View Full Version : This is not the time

Horse
04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
For the negative nancys and debbie downers. Besides what is the prize? You can say you were right? If you don't like the team find another. We're a healthy Parker away from getting right back in the mix. Maybe the playoffs is the wakeup call they need. I know latley I don't even recognize this team but I won't give up on them.

RD2191
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
:cry

DPG21920
04-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Being a realist does not equal being negative. This is not LG either (which is a good thing). People here have difference in opinion. I think that even those with concerns that vocalize them still root for the team and hope for the best.

Horse
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Being a realist does not equal being negative. This is not LG either (which is a good thing). People here have difference in opinion. I think that even those with concerns that vocalize them still root for the team and hope for the best.

If that's the case fine. It just seems so many are ready to give up and the playoffs haven't even started yet. Still time to get a little rest.

DesignatedT
04-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Nothing wrong with being real and voicing your opinion. That's what makes this place so great. Everyone still wants to see the team do well (for the most part).

I'll agree that those certain posters that are starved for attention and feel the need to dive into every single thread to share the same opinion about how the Spurs are done or how so and so sucks can get a little annoying.

Most everyone understands that the Spurs winning the 'ship is a longshot. Doesn't mean people still don't want to have a conversation about how they might be able to accomplish that goal without the "its never going to happen", " dont waste your breath", "this guy sucks", "lol this" crew.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Horse Dunkin' Donuts on the haters, per the usual tbh.

johnpaulwall21
04-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Finally a positive thread in a sea full of shit. With Timvp leading the helm, everyone is spewing the doom and gloom "realist" bs. Parker has a week to get it together, plenty of time. Even if hes 70 percent we can take the warriors. Especially with how Duncan looked going toe to toe with the lakers giants. We just need some of the role players to hit a few shots.

Chomag
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Pop said post game that Parker was healthy so I don't know what else is up with him.

DesignatedT
04-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Parker might be relatively healthy but he looks like hes scared to throw his body around. That's a major part of his game so him not having confidence in his body to go into the paint at full speed looks to be the biggest problem. Like he's thinking about coming down on somebody's foot or something when he enters the paint area. You can't be effective when you're second guessing yourself every time. Especially for somebody who lives in the paint area.

UZER
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
The championship is a long shot this year, but stranger things happened. The only real contender in the west is OKC and even they have yet to be tested without harden so who knows. The spurs have a punchers chance.

I want nothing more than to be completely wrong on my opinion of current Pop and the ways he runs/coaches these Spurs now. I will gladly eat crow if they win and Timmy gets his 5th. But I will also let my opinions be known if they lose they same way they have the last 5 years (ie bonner/blair).

With everything going wrong at the end of the season here, I'm hoping for a Mavs type run in 2011. Not likely, but what the hell.

SenorSpur
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Absolutely! Just because someone takes a realistic or slightly unpopular view of the team's playoff forecast doesn't mean that one is rooting against them. Many of us would just love to be wrong. However, only a fool with rose-colored blinders can look at this team and truly expect them to be title worthy this season.

benstanfield
04-15-2013, 02:36 PM
I think it's hilarious how many people find it necessary to make threads declaring that our championship chances are over, as if they aren't going to watch the playoffs. Great prediction bros, you have a 15/16 chance of being right.

That being said, I think there are fair criticisms to be made right now. Mainly cutting our only backup SF a week before the playoffs.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Being a realist does not equal being negative. This is not LG either (which is a good thing). People here have difference in opinion. I think that even those with concerns that vocalize them still root for the team and hope for the best.For some reason some do not get this part here! If we think the team looks bad, is banged up and thin now, well most of it is true but it's the way we see it. I laugh when some say find a new team because you see flaws in the team and see the way things are possibly going, like you can't be a realist and a fan at the same time. I call a spade a spade, you do too DPG.
I think it's hilarious how many people find it necessary to make threads declaring that our championship chances are over, as if they aren't going to watch the playoffs. Great prediction bros, you have a 15/16 chance of being right.

That being said, I think there are fair criticisms to be made right now. Mainly cutting our only backup SF a week before the playoffs.

^^^^^^ YEP. I never thought they had title chances this year, but I was still here posting and rooting as a fan! Love this team, but the deficiencies are glaring right now and too hard to ignore.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Finally a positive thread in a sea full of shit. With Timvp leading the helm, everyone is spewing the doom and gloom "realist" bs. Parker has a week to get it together, plenty of time. Even if hes 70 percent we can take the warriors. Especially with how Duncan looked going toe to toe with the lakers giants. We just need some of the role players to hit a few shots.
I have no doubt they can beat the Warriors, not talking the first round as they should be able to get that. Positive threads are good, but seriously so are the deficiencies and talking about them, some are glaring right now and that will not just go away because the playoffs are there. Is Manu healthy? Will Diaw be back? Who will play backup SF? There is alot of questions there and they are glaring! Nothing negative with discussing that.

KaiRMD1
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Not giving up, just facing facts. Just like in 2009, we have one guy playing great ball and another playing good on occasion. Fact is, they are a shell of their former selves. Hell, they are a shell of what they were earlier this season. This team has been struggling to get the few wins they have been getting and pop doesn't even seem like he knows how to coach anymore. Not giving up or panicking, just stating what I've been seeing, this team doesn't have it anymore and it sucks for Duncan who has been putting in the work.

pgardn
04-15-2013, 07:28 PM
I get to watch Tim Duncan for free.

Its been an amazing season.

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Tim playing at this level will not let the spurs go down in the first round, whether we play the Rox or the warriors. Hopefully in that timespan tony is able to ramp his game up, and Manu could at the very least get his legs. Not sure how effective Manu will be, but his presence alone will get the bench on the right track. Wishing Boris comes back by round 2

benefactor
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
lol horse

McGusto55
04-15-2013, 07:45 PM
SPURS ALL DAY......FUCK YOU IF YOUR HATIN.......4 rings... You better ask somebody!!!!

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Gosh I can't wait for our next loss, more threads like this.

The Spurs are not concerned about the loss to the Lakers, nor the possible next two. It's all about the next season, the playoffs.

boutons_deux
04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
There's a good chance Spurs will finish the season with Last10 of 3-7, and 58 W! :lol

They've completely fallen down, fallen apart.

rascal
04-15-2013, 09:40 PM
For the negative nancys and debbie downers. Besides what is the prize? You can say you were right? If you don't like the team find another. We're a healthy Parker away from getting right back in the mix. Maybe the playoffs is the wakeup call they need. I know latley I don't even recognize this team but I won't give up on them.

I didn't even believe in this team when they had the best record in the league. I don't like the soft frontline. I really wanted to see the Spurs challenged in the first round to see how good they are, now they get a pushover first round opponent and an injured Denver team in round two. Just like last year, setting up for a beatdown in the WCF.

rascal
04-15-2013, 09:43 PM

The Spurs championship chances were over since 2008.

benstanfield
04-15-2013, 11:28 PM

I dunno man I think we'll need a few dozen more threads about it before we can come to a general agreement.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Gosh I can't wait for our next loss, more threads like this.

The Spurs are not concerned about the loss to the Lakers, nor the possible next two. It's all about the next season, the playoffs.

Like I said before playoffs being here will not just magically fix things! There is alot of questions they need to answer. If they looked remotely decent lately I would not worry, but they don't.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 12:08 AM
I didn't even believe in this team when they had the best record in the league. I don't like the soft frontline. I really wanted to see the Spurs challenged in the first round to see how good they are, now they get a pushover first round opponent and an injured Denver team in round two. Just like last year, setting up for a beatdown in the WCF.
DO NOT be so sure of a pushover team yet! If LA wins Weds they are our opponent! Their frontline would give us problems! I am not saying they will win but they are physical and will give us some problems. Hell put us in the WCF and I will take it now lol, do it!

Last year they had a shot! If they did not blow it against OKC and if Bosh stayed out, they had a REMOTE shot last year, that was their last shot IMO because of the stars nearly aligning.
There's a good chance Spurs will finish the season with Last10 of 3-7, and 58 W! :lol

They've completely fallen down, fallen apart.

Yep, that is pathetic. They are stumbling in cold as hell.

siraulo23
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Pop said post game that Parker was healthy so I don't know what else is up with him.

quotes?

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 12:53 AM
quotes?

He talked to D Rose and Bynum. Apparently sitting out of games for no apparent reason and getting paid millions of dollars is all the rage nowadays.

Spur|n|Austin
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Like I said before playoffs being here will not just magically fix things! There is alot of questions they need to answer. If they looked remotely decent lately I would not worry, but they don't.

I don't think they have tried to look remotely decent; this is a case of Pop shutting it down and dropping any motivation tactics. Is it the best way to go about things? No, I wouldn't imagine so, but we all know good and well that the Playoffs and the Spurs are a different world. If not, then there are drastic changes needed in the off-season.

ohmwrecker
04-16-2013, 08:36 AM
lol responding to horse seriously

100%duncan
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM

You're so smart. You're the realistic harsh dude. Well tbh you are a pathetic. Gtfo off this forum tbh.

Horse
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
lol responding to horse seriously

And what do you have to say that's so brilliant? Eat a dogs dick faggot.

Horse
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM

We just need to get healthy. Okc is not the team they were last yr and if not for the zebras we would've beat them then.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't think they have tried to look remotely decent; this is a case of Pop shutting it down and dropping any motivation tactics. Is it the best way to go about things? No, I wouldn't imagine so, but we all know good and well that the Playoffs and the Spurs are a different world. If not, then there are drastic changes needed in the off-season.

Last year they made a run yes, the year before they went out in round one and the year before got swept in round two, don't know of these current SPURS and different world would be considered during the playoffs if you take out last years run. They had health last year and were clicking before the playoffs and continued to roll! Stumbling in and possibly going 3-7 in your last ten is very concerning to me regardless if some thing it's just shutting down or not. When the Spurs were trying and in close games late march and could not score at all in the last minutes while other teams hit timely buckets is when I started to get concerned with this team fully! I said this won't work come playoff time to myself and the ISO etc. just was a recipe for disaster.

The last week ehhhhhhhh I could care less, this started late last month when they still had the #1 seed by a few games and it started to show.