PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Pop..

look_at_g_shred
04-15-2013, 01:04 PM
has sacrificed playmaking and coaching in an effort to keep our guys healthy these past few weeks. I don't recognize this team that has gone 5-6 in its last 11 games. Even games before that, we let bad teams stay in the game and let some games come down to the wire. We've had plenty of games that we've should've won these past 2 months. So I was curious if Pop just let his guys go out there and play and find ways to win on their own instead of running set plays. Considering how the last couple of years have gone..claiming the #1 seed and going into the playoffs one of the hottest teams. Obviously it didn't help us. Is Pop saving the his plays and coaching for the playoffs? Is it because of all the injuries and at the moment we have no rhythm? Or is it a case of what you see is what you get?

RD2191
04-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Is showing early signs of dementia? Yes, I do.

UZER
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Is showing early signs of dementia? Yes, I do.

:lol just waiting for Pop to look down the bench and say, "David get in there!".
Player: "coach He hasn't played for us in 10 years."
Pop: "Dammit!.....Larry!..... Larry! *looking around*....where the hell did Larry Brown go!? I gotta tell him David doesn't play for us anymore!"

hooperflash
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
It is a mixture of this and I guess trying to not showcase our true offensive sets, which I don't endorse, that's playing scared. We'll truly see what our team is gonna look like during the playoffs in the first round, tbh.

benstanfield
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Funny how when Tony is healthy there's all this "The System" talk about how great and intuitive our offense is, and when he's obviously not right suddenly Pop is holding back "The System" to keep it secret for the POs.

TheGoldStandard
04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
The System = Tim, Tony, Manu do your thing and I'll reap the rewards and make snarky comments. When 1 of those guys is out the "system" is still good enough to beat most of the league, when 2 are out, well this is the result.

Fabbs
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
#1 seed three years straight with subsequent playoff ouster average of 2nd Round or worse would have been media fodder.
CIA Poop well aware of this in spite of any psuedo bravadoism that he doesn't care about his legacy.

Tanking to fall to #2 combined with his usual idiotic lineups 2008 - onward continuance.

hyhy
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
pop planned it all out to face kobe-less lakers in first round. Its all part of a big plan.

look_at_g_shred
05-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Bump. Pop out coaching every coach he's been up against so far.

therealtruth
05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Bump. Pop out coaching every coach he's been up against so far.

I wouldn't necessarily call it outcoaching. He's got the better team. I would call it not screwing it up. Yet he has being more proactive in coming up with good gameplans and making adjustments as necessary.

DespЏrado
05-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that this team didn't think it was going very far in the playoffs, and before Kobe and Westbrook got hurt, that was probably true. injuries and age of this team seemed like an impenetrable wall. When the conference opened up and they started getting on a little roll. The basket opened up a little bit.

Confidence is huge in the playoffs. It's the difference between a team coming back from 18 down and falling apart. There's not a lot of pressure to beat anybody this year either. Kind of a fuck it, we've got a 37 year old center let's see what we've got this year.

bottom line : we got healthy and confident.

in2deep
06-02-2013, 02:26 AM
I think so