PDA

View Full Version : You guys that cyber-hate me will enjoy this one...

CosmicCowboy
04-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Today was our annual "free brush haul off day" from the City and I worked all weekend trimming trees, shrubs, etc. and stacking them at the street plus cleaning my garage and hauling a trailer load of shit to the dumpster at my shop.

In retrospect maybe I didn't hydrate enough yesterday? Fuck..who knows...anyway...showered, checked e-mail...It was like 5:30...wife was watching something on TV I wasn't interested in and I told her I was gonna take a 20 minute power nap...

Laid down....still had my clothes on..just kind of dozed in and out...opened my eyes and looked at the clock...about 30 minutes had passed and I thought about a couple of other things I wanted to get done before settling in for the night and maybe watching the Spurs game...

Just jumped out of bed, walked out the bedroom door, turned down the hall towards the living room...last thing I remember was seeing my wife watching TV and the heeler sitting there on the footrest with her sleeping...I thought that's a cute picture".

Then the lights went out. Apparently me going from a drowsy horizontal resting state to jumping up and striding down the hall caused a temporary blood/brain pressure drop and I blacked smooth out. All 6'5"-250# fell straight forward unconscious on the tile floor without even trying to break my fall.

I woke up sitting on my bed with my wife standing next to me.

From what she tells me I apparently had enough momentum going that when I went down I (maybe stumbled forward?) and crashed face first and slid right up to and into her chair. She thought my knee had buckled and I had hit my head. She kept trying to get me to stay down and I kept getting up anyway and walked back to the bedroom and sat down on the bed. I don't remember any of that. I have like a 2 minute blank spot.

Anyway, I "wake up" sitting on the side of the bed, my face feels like hell, I have a chipped tooth and blood in my mouth. We went to the Texas Med Clinic and had them check me out but no apparent long term concussion or heart issues but my face is seriously fucked up. Got a "blood" eye (with black around it), the whole right side of my face is bruised and thick swollen...as other aches and pains came realized I had bruised knuckles, a sprained wrist, a big bruise on my sternum and didn't even bother to x-ray but doctor by feel said at least two and probably three broken ribs on the right side....so pretty much a fucked up night and hasn't been a fun day at work either. Broken ribs suck. Six to 8 weeks to heal and not a damn thing they can do for them. Not the first time I have had them but I was young and playing sports in college last time and got lots of sympathy blow jobs out of the deal. Don't think that's gonna happen this time.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Just tell her to take out her teeth and go to town for ol' times sakes.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Sounds terrible Cowboy----but I'm sure no one here hates you enough to rejoice over something like this. Are you going to have a CT scan or MRI?

Drachen
04-15-2013, 02:39 PM
LOL, at the end of your story, but glad it wasn't worse.

Big Empty
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
damn you got some bad luck. first the almost car accident now this. Id tell you u need to stay home more often but not even that works.

CosmicCowboy
04-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Sounds terrible Cowboy----but I'm sure no one here hates you enough to rejoice over something like this. Are you going to have a CT scan or MRI?

I refused the CT scan. I have a scrip if I change my mind and am being vigilant for symptoms. I have no headache, nausea, blurred vision (more than normal) or any of the classic signs and have been checked out by two different doctors. Face is just bruised to shit. Doctor did a detailed finger exam around the orbital and everything felt OK bone wise. I may be being too stubborn but I have a high deductible and don't feel like coming a grand out of pocket for a CT scan until I feel more of a reason to.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2013, 03:03 PM
I refused the CT scan. I have a scrip if I change my mind and am being vigilant for symptoms. I have no headache, nausea, blurred vision (more than normal) or any of the classic signs and have been checked out by two different doctors. Face is just bruised to shit. Doctor did a detailed finger exam around the orbital and everything felt OK bone wise. I may be being too stubborn but I have a high deductible and don't feel like coming a grand out of pocket for a CT scan until I feel more of a reason to.

I think $1000 is a cheap price to pay to be sure there isn't an underlying organic problem that can cause the same kind of event while you are driving or in the presence of your grandchildren. Peace of mind is expensive! ;)

The Reckoning
04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
youre starting to have old man injuries.

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Today was our annual "free brush haul off day" from the City and I worked all weekend trimming trees, shrubs, etc. and stacking them at the street plus cleaning my garage and hauling a trailer load of shit to the dumpster at my shop.

In retrospect maybe I didn't hydrate enough yesterday? Fuck..who knows...anyway...showered, checked e-mail...It was like 5:30...wife was watching something on TV I wasn't interested in and I told her I was gonna take a 20 minute power nap...

Laid down....still had my clothes on..just kind of dozed in and out...opened my eyes and looked at the clock...about 30 minutes had passed and I thought about a couple of other things I wanted to get done before settling in for the night and maybe watching the Spurs game...

Just jumped out of bed, walked out the bedroom door, turned down the hall towards the living room...last thing I remember was seeing my wife watching TV and the heeler sitting there on the footrest with her sleeping...I thought that's a cute picture".

Then the lights went out. Apparently me going from a drowsy horizontal resting state to jumping up and striding down the hall caused a temporary blood/brain pressure drop and I blacked smooth out. All 6'5"-250# fell straight forward unconscious on the tile floor without even trying to break my fall.

I woke up sitting on my bed with my wife standing next to me.

From what she tells me I apparently had enough momentum going that when I went down I (maybe stumbled forward?) and crashed face first and slid right up to and into her chair. She thought my knee had buckled and I had hit my head. She kept trying to get me to stay down and I kept getting up anyway and walked back to the bedroom and sat down on the bed. I don't remember any of that. I have like a 2 minute blank spot.

Anyway, I "wake up" sitting on the side of the bed, my face feels like hell, I have a chipped tooth and blood in my mouth. We went to the Texas Med Clinic and had them check me out but no apparent long term concussion or heart issues but my face is seriously fucked up. Got a "blood" eye (with black around it), the whole right side of my face is bruised and thick swollen...as other aches and pains came realized I had bruised knuckles, a sprained wrist, a big bruise on my sternum and didn't even bother to x-ray but doctor by feel said at least two and probably three broken ribs on the right side....so pretty much a fucked up night and hasn't been a fun day at work either. Broken ribs suck. Six to 8 weeks to heal and not a damn thing they can do for them. Not the first time I have had them but I was young and playing sports in college last time and got lots of sympathy blow jobs out of the deal. Don't think that's gonna happen this time.

A lot of women in college participated in small dick sympathy jobs.

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 03:13 PM

You strike me as real good fun loving trailer park neighbor...you sound like a tea party freak who really needs Obama care.
If you have a 1000k ded for a CT you need Obama care real bad.

CosmicCowboy
04-15-2013, 03:44 PM
You strike me as real good fun loving trailer park neighbor...you sound like a tea party freak who really needs Obama care.

LMAO @ what you think Obamacare is gonna be like. You are living in a fantasy world.

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
LMAO @ what you think Obamacare is gonna be like. You are living in a fantasy world.

here's a quick glance of benefits:

No annual limits on healthcare

• Insurance companies can't drop you when your sick
• You can't be denied coverage for preexisting conditions
• Obamacare has a strong focus on preventive services
• A large improvement to women's health services
• Reforms to the Healthcare Industry to cut wasteful spending
• Better Care and Protections for Seniors

Starting January 1st of 2014 the following "benefits" must be included under all insurance plans:
• Emergency services
• Hospitalizations
• Laboratory services
• Maternity care
• Mental health and substance abuse treatment
• Outpatient, or ambulatory care
• Pediatric care
• Prescription drugs
• Preventive care
• Rehabilitative and habilitative (helping maintain daily functioning) services
• Vision and dental care for children

Capt Bringdown
04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Detailed accounts of your daily bowel movements will be next.

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Detailed accounts of your daily bowel movements will be next.

I'm sure Obama's preventative clause will ensure it's a clean bowel movement

Das Texan
04-15-2013, 04:44 PM

:lol at equating high deductible with bad insurance.

Not exactly mutually exclusive.

I mean for example, I have a high deductible plan with a 2500 deductible. After that basically everything is covered. Doesnt mean I want to go around throwing out a grand for a health test that I dont feel is exactly necessary, if I've met said deductible then fine, but this is April. Fuck it. Not throwing down unless necessary.

CosmicCowboy
04-15-2013, 04:47 PM
here's a quick glance of benefits:

No annual limits on healthcare

• Insurance companies can't drop you when your sick
• You can't be denied coverage for preexisting conditions
• Obamacare has a strong focus on preventive services
• A large improvement to women's health services
• Reforms to the Healthcare Industry to cut wasteful spending
• Better Care and Protections for Seniors

Starting January 1st of 2014 the following "benefits" must be included under all insurance plans:
• Emergency services
• Hospitalizations
• Laboratory services
• Maternity care
• Mental health and substance abuse treatment
• Outpatient, or ambulatory care
• Pediatric care
• Prescription drugs
• Preventive care
• Rehabilitative and habilitative (helping maintain daily functioning) services
• Vision and dental care for children

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You forgot to look at the price tag.

Unlike you, i can probably afford it.

Das Texan
04-15-2013, 04:49 PM
I'll admit though, I do like how the health care companies are required to use a certain % of premiums for stuff like health care.

I think that was an Obamacare thing. Enjoyed that check last year for a few hundred bucks because those crooks at Blue Cross/ Blue Shield were robbing me.

Sportcamper
04-15-2013, 04:50 PM
That is a scary story Cosmic…Why not wear a full face helmet for the next couple of weeks just to be safe…

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 04:56 PM
:lol at equating high deductible with bad insurance.

Not exactly mutually exclusive.

I mean for example, I have a high deductible plan with a 2500 deductible. After that basically everything is covered. Doesnt mean I want to go around throwing out a grand for a health test that I dont feel is exactly necessary, if I've met said deductible then fine, but this is April. Fuck it. Not throwing down unless necessary.

^ you tea party freaks are a strange breed....yes high DB's is related to a "lets fuck over our employees Corporate mentality"....keep fighting against your own interests you don't have the numbers to win another national election any way...good fucking riddance to all you old racists bastards...you guys can't die off fast enough so that the rest of the civilized world can move forward

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 04:59 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You forgot to look at the price tag.

Unlike you, i can probably afford it.

not in a million yrs...my parents have me set up very nicely...you can't complete with this black guy...so just keep writing your little bullshit ass stories...stick to what you know....middle of the road white guy is all you are

Das Texan
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
WTF? This is how my high deductible plan works:

I pay a nominal premium (less than I would with my own private insurance by far), nothing happens to me, I pocket money essentially. Something happens to me, it gets paid for out of the money the government says I can set aside for this shit.

This was a fucking Republican thing when it started moron! :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
not in a million yrs...my parents have me set up very nicely...you can't complete with this black guy...so just keep writing your little bullshit ass stories...stick to what you know....middle of the road white guy is all you are

:lmao:lmao:lmao

With that attitude I have the utmost CONTEMPT for you.

And yeah, I'm just a middle of the road white guy that works hard and tries to end every day knowing he accomplished something. May not be much compared to a setup nigga like you buy hey..Us white trash guys just gotta keep pluggin on making things and fixing things and trying to run our businesses honestly while you high class plantation niggas make fun of us and hope we die off.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2013, 05:10 PM

And yeah, I'm just a middle of the road white guy that works hard and tries to end every day knowing he accomplished something. May not be much compared to a setup nigga like you buy hey..Us white trash guys just gotta keep pluggin on making things and fixing things and trying to run our businesses honestly while you high class plantation niggas make fun of us and hope we die off.Eep, took the bait.

Trill Clinton
04-15-2013, 05:17 PM
thanks for the blog entry. why did you have to post this thread in two diff sub forums, though?

ChumpDumper
04-15-2013, 05:19 PM
thanks for the blog entry. why did you have to post this thread in two diff sub forums, though?Doesn't want to leave out anyone who may hate him.

CuckingFunt
04-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Not trying to start nothin' with you, Cosmic, but...

Based on what I've read here over the years, both from you and your detractors, I'm not sure why you think the people who "cyber-hate" you would enjoy yet another long and meandering story of your daily life, since those are exactly the types of threads/comments that bring out the most fervent complaints about your posting habits. This thread should just add fuel to their fire, no?

But rib injuries suck and passing out is scary, so good luck and get well and stuff.

Trill Clinton
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Doesn't want to leave out anyone who may hate him.

lol

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Not trying to start nothin' with you, Cosmic, but...

Based on what I've read here over the years, both from you and your detractors, I'm not sure why you think the people who "cyber-hate" you would enjoy yet another long and meandering story of your daily life, since those are exactly the types of threads/comments that bring out the most fervent complaints about your posting habits. This thread should just add fuel to their fire, no?

But rib injuries suck and passing out is scary, so good luck and get well and stuff.

he's not hurt...and if he is it's prolly bcuz his wife Betsie Sue kicked his old drunkard ass...

Koolaid_Man
04-15-2013, 05:31 PM

And yeah, I'm just a middle of the road white guy that works hard and tries to end every day knowing he accomplished something. May not be much compared to a setup nigga like you buy hey..Us white trash guys just gotta keep pluggin on making things and fixing things and trying to run our businesses honestly while you high class plantation niggas make fun of us and hope we die off.

I really don't care....you trash the first black President and I trash your sorry ass...I'm not a racist like you and your kind..I have dozens of white friends but they're all liberal and progressive...and almost all of my girlfriends since childhood have been white but I have black female friends as well...point is I'm a much more cultured and diverse person than you'll ever be...

johnsmith
04-15-2013, 05:45 PM
I'll tell you the same thing I just told my Dad the other day: you're old, start acting like it or you'll die soon. Mean that in the nicest way possible too.

CavsSuperFan
04-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Based on what I've read here over the years, both from you and your detractors, I'm not sure why you think the people who "cyber-hate" you would enjoy yet another long and meandering story of your daily life

You don’t get it Cucking…Those of us who live boring lives love those stories about bar be ques, horses, Mothers shooting prowess, fishing excursions, potato cannons etc etc...

Latarian Milton
04-15-2013, 07:10 PM
only immigrants (and mostly illegal ones) applaud obamacare imho

UZER
04-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Was expecting to read, "so let me take a minute just sit right , I tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel air" at the end of the story.