PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to Avante

KoolAid Mans Brother
04-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Ok Avante here's the deal.

Russel Wilson vs. Andrew Luck... Who has the better 2013 season?

Obviously you think RW is the superior player with a much brighter future. I couldn't disagree more.

So let's bet on it. We will base the season success of each QB on a number of different factors, including wins, total yards (rushing and passing), passer rating, & total TDs minus turnovers:

1. Which player has the most combined yards (rushing and passing)

2. Which player has the higher passer rating

3. Which player has the total number of total TD's minus turnovers (ie, Luck has 31 passing TDs, 4 rushing TD's, and 13 total interceptions and fumbles, his net total TD's = 22; RW has
22 passing TD's, 12 rushing TD's and 12 total turnovers, his net total TD's is 22)

4. Which player gets the most regular season wins

5. Which player gets the most playoff wins

*The person who wins the most of the 5 categories wins the bet. In the case of a tie, no one wins. If one of them gets injured during the season, TOO BAD. The bet is still on. It's not my fault if one of the QB's decides to run out of the pocket too much and gets his knee injured.

I'm willing to bet a minumum of $200 and a maximum of $2,000. I will only bet you if we both agree to send the money via paypal to Kori or timvp before the season begins so they can hold it.

So how much do you want to bet, mr. expert?

Avante
04-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Being an expert I know better than to make real $$$$ bets on the internet with strangers.

But we can do this....

I have no doubts at all that RW is going to be a better QB than Luck (also RGIII). He will be more....successful...and already is having done what he did in his playoff games. If RW doesn't have everyone talking about how he is the best of the three by 2016 then I was wrong and will take my stupidity someplace else to talk football (actually already there).

Best I can do.

KoolAid Mans Brother
04-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Being an expert I know better than to make real $$$$ bets on the internet with strangers.

Hence the reason I said we could send the money to Kori or timvp, to avoid welching.

:lmaoexpert but afraid to bet

But we can do this....

I have no doubts at all that RW is going to be a better QB than Luck (also RGIII). He will be more....successful...and already is having done what he did in his playoff games. If RW doesn't have everyone talking about how he is the best of the three by 2016 then I was wrong and will take my stupidity someplace else to talk football (actually already there).

Best I can do.

I have no doubts that Luck will be a better QB than RW, and I am willing to bet on it. Clearly you aren't willing to bet real stakes except for a stupid "I'll leave in 2016 if I'm wrong". You've already said on a few occasions that you were leaving this place for good, what makes me think that you wouldn't just welch again in 2016 :lmao

Avante
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Hence the reason I said we could send the money to Kori or timvp, to avoid welching.

:lmaoexpert but afraid to bet

What differences does it make who you send the $$$$ to? I don't know you from Adam, you could totally disappear once ya saw your boy gets trounced.

There is no reason at all...none...to see Luck as the better QB. Ok ok ya lie hom obviously but the facts are RW out played him last season. Now with Harvin to throw to, it could get ugly.

You also need to realize it really does take a few seasons to get areal read on any QBm sure RW could end up sucking but I don't think so. I do know that unless Luck starts protecting the ball better he will never amount to much. But.....just rookies so let's see how it goes.

I have no doubts that Luck will be a better QB than RW, and I am willing to bet on it. Clearly you aren't willing to bet real stakes except for a stupid "I'll leave in 2016 if I'm wrong". You've already said on a few occasions that you were leaving this place for good, what makes me think that you wouldn't just welch again in 2016 :lmao

J.T.
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
It's funny how Avante claims to be this expert NFL know-it-all and completely overlooks what the Colts went through in the offseason prior to last year. Cutting Peyton Manning, firing basically their entire administration, bringing in new folks to run the team, cutting a lot of fan favorite players, dealing with a lot of rookies on offense, major holes all over the roster. And they won 11 games. For every mistake Luck made, he pulled 10 plays out of his ass when other QBs would have been coverage sacked or simply dominated by the defense.

He turned the ball over less than the great Peyton Manning did as a rookie. Luck's future in the NFL is so bleak dude, let me tell ya :rolleyes

Wilson plays on a talented team. He is also talented, but I don't see him as the greatest in the league by 2016. And as much as you hype him up for being, as you opine, the best QB in that draft class, he's the only of the 5 big names whose season ended with an interception in a playoff game. When the Colts have a solid offensive line, a great defense and some more offensive playmakers, look me up and we'll really talk about this. Until then I'm not going to take you seriously for thinking it's Andrew Luck's fault he has to do more for his team to win because it's less talented than Wilson's.

Creepn
04-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Take the bet Avante.

Avante
04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
It's funny how Avante claims to be this expert NFL know-it-all and completely overlooks what the Colts went through in the offseason prior to last year. Cutting Peyton Manning, firing basically their entire administration, bringing in new folks to run the team, cutting a lot of fan favorite players, dealing with a lot of rookies on offense, major holes all over the roster. And they won 11 games. For every mistake Luck made, he pulled 10 plays out of his ass when other QBs would have been coverage sacked or simply dominated by the defense.

He turned the ball over less than the great Peyton Manning did as a rookie. Luck's future in the NFL is so bleak dude, let me tell ya :rolleyes

Wilson plays on a talented team. He is also talented, but I don't see him as the greatest in the league by 2016. And as much as you hype him up for being, as you opine, the best QB in that draft class, he's the only of the 5 big names whose season ended with an interception in a playoff game. When the Colts have a solid offensive line, a great defense and some more offensive playmakers, look me up and we'll really talk about this. Until then I'm not going to take you seriously for thinking it's Andrew Luck's fault he has to do more for his team to win because it's less talented than Wilson's.

Wasn't that a hail mary type pass by Wilson? And I'm not saying RW will be the best QB in the league at any time, just better than RGIII/Luck and could end up the best QB the Seahawks have ever had, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Well aware of the Colts situation in 2012, also well aware of what RW did. I just don't see any reason to see Luck as a better QB under any circumstances, RW was amazing in 2012.

We'll see what happens, just don't be a little kid and after every game.."see see see"...hahaha!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
^ You're a faggot

Avante
04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
^ You're a faggot

You're retarded.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
You're retarded.

You can have that, but I'm stickin' with:::

You're a faggot

Big Empty
04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
andrew luck hands down

tlongII
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I'll put $200 on Russell Wilson.

Creepn
04-21-2013, 02:09 AM
I'll put $200 on Russell Wilson.

KMB, you taking this bet or were you just fucking with Avante because you knew he wasn't taking the bet in the first place?

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Let's take a look at the current standings:

Andrew Luck: 1,144 passing, 135 rushing. Total combined yards = 1,297

Russel Wilson: 997 passing, 233 rushing. Total combined yards = 1,230

Advantage Andrew Luck

Andrew Luck: 94.1 passer rating

Russel Wilson: 91.2 passer rating

Advantage Andrew Luck

3. Which player has the total number of total TD's minus turnovers (ie, Luck has 31 passing TDs, 4 rushing TD's, and 13 total interceptions and fumbles, his net total TD's = 22; RW has
22 passing TD's, 12 rushing TD's and 12 total turnovers, his net total TD's is 22)

Andrew Luck: 7 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles. Net total TD's minus turnovers = 7

Russel Wilson: 8 passing TD's, 0 rushing TD's, 4 interceptions, 2 fumbles. Net total TD's minus turnovers = 2

Advantage Andrew Luck

Andrew Luck: 4 wins plus a head to head win

Russel Wilson: 4 wins plus a head to head loss

Advantage Andrew Luck

TBD

In conclusion, Andrew Luck leads in every single category despite the fact that Russel Wilson plays on a team with double the amount of overall talent. Such easy money. And such a dumb, delusional take to think that Russel Wilson will even touch the career that Andrew Luck has. Wilson is a mediocre game manager that has the benefit of playing on the deepest team in the NFL. Luck took over a team with some of the thinnest talent in the NFL. And Luck still beat his ass yesterday :lmao

symple19
10-07-2013, 10:31 AM
:lol

AchillesHeel
10-07-2013, 10:34 AM
:lol tlong

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
TBD? LOL Wilson 1, Luck 0.

Nice exclusion of head to head game stats despite Luck having the better WR's, and healthy O-Line. Wilson had 312 All purpose, 19 less from the air. Luck had 238 all purpose, 93 less on the ground. Same amount of TDs.

LOL Acting as if Indi is talentless.

Clipper Nation
10-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Sheesh! It's week....FIVE!!! You can always tell the rookies~~~~

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
which player gets more pass attempts per game with a superior receiving core?

Advantage: Andrew Luck

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-07-2013, 10:50 AM
TBD? LOL Wilson 1, Luck 0.

Nice exclusion of head to head game stats despite Luck having the better WR's, and healthy O-Line. Wilson had 312 All purpose, 19 less from the air. Luck had 238 all purpose, 93 less on the ground. Same amount of TDs.

LOL Acting as if Indi is talentless.

Wilson won a playoff game already this season? Read the bet criteria. This is for this season, not last. And the categories in the bet are spelled out clearly. No need to bring in statistical excuses other then the criteria spelled out in the bet.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Wilson won a playoff game already this season? Read the bet criteria. This is for this season, not last. And the categories in the bet are spelled out clearly. No need to bring in statistical excuses other then the criteria spelled out in the bet.

Aside from your bet, those numbers are statistical reality.

johnsmith
10-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Then if we're gonna come up with shit that doesn't have anything to do with the bet, what's the point of the bet?

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Then if we're gonna come up with shit that doesn't have anything to do with the bet, what's the point of the bet?

It's not my bet, I am not Avante or TLong LOL

And it seems the season isn't over anyways.

johnsmith
10-07-2013, 11:01 AM
It's not my bet, I am not Avante or TLong LOL

And it seems the season isn't over anyways.

Then why are you upset that the bet doesn't include last years playoff success?

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Then why are you upset that the bet doesn't include last years playoff success?

I'm not upset. I just felt like stating it for the sake of stating it. Are you mad that I stated it?

johnsmith
10-07-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm not upset. I just felt like stating it for the sake of stating it. Are you mad that I stated it?

Lol, no, I'm good with you stating it. Just thought it irrelevant to the thread...however, I don't know why I would expect any thread on this site to stay relevant throughout it's duration.

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Lol, no, I'm good with you stating it. Just thought it irrelevant to the thread...however, I don't know why I would expect any thread on this site to stay relevant throughout it's duration.
coming from mr lol raiders after every comment? yeah i wouldn't expect threads to stay relevant either

johnsmith
10-07-2013, 11:06 AM
coming from mr lol raiders after every comment? yeah i wouldn't expect threads to stay relevant either

lol raiders

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Lofty expectations when you don't abide yourself. LOL

johnsmith
10-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Lofty expectations when you don't abide yourself. LOL

I've never derailed a thread in the NFL forum in my life.

HarlemHeat37
10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
:lol the Game Manager Wilson fans are upset this morning, tbh..

AchillesHeel
10-07-2013, 11:42 AM
It's only week 5, and semenpigeon fans are already crying about it :lol

Avante
10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Let's take a look at the current standings:

Andrew Luck: 1,144 passing, 135 rushing. Total combined yards = 1,297

Russel Wilson: 997 passing, 233 rushing. Total combined yards = 1,230

Advantage Andrew Luck

Andrew Luck: 94.1 passer rating

Russel Wilson: 91.2 passer rating

Advantage Andrew Luck

Andrew Luck: 7 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles. Net total TD's minus turnovers = 7

Russel Wilson: 8 passing TD's, 0 rushing TD's, 4 interceptions, 2 fumbles. Net total TD's minus turnovers = 2

Advantage Andrew Luck

Andrew Luck: 4 wins plus a head to head win

Russel Wilson: 4 wins plus a head to head loss

Advantage Andrew Luck

TBD

In conclusion, Andrew Luck leads in every single category despite the fact that Russel Wilson plays on a team with double the amount of overall talent. Such easy money. And such a dumb, delusional take to think that Russel Wilson will even touch the career that Andrew Luck has. Wilson is a mediocre game manager that has the benefit of playing on the deepest team in the NFL. Luck took over a team with some of the thinnest talent in the NFL. And Luck still beat his ass yesterday :lmao

Andrew Luck lost to Miami at home. Beat those powerhouses Raiders/Jags a beat up Niner team and a Seattle team in a spot (double road) they have always sucked in along with missing offensive linemen.

This season so far we've seen teams in double road situations 20 times, they have won both.....2...times. This is an historically bad "spot" for any team to be in.

The Pats lose their first game, yep...double road.

Chicago lose their first game, yep..double road.

The "spot" that Seattle was in was mentioned during the game.....why? It was because everyone knows about how hard is to win back to back on the road.

What if this game had been played in Seattle do you honestly believe we see the same game?

Andrew Luck has been in three double road scenarios so far in his young career, he couldn't pull it off last season and this season he got lucky in having the Jags involved.

Last season Seattle was in four double road situations, didn't win both games in any of them.

Don't be a rookie and get too jacked up and confused over...a...game, ok? Look at the "spot" a team was in. There are teams in the league that totally suck heading into a bye week, playing on Monday night, coming off a bye. Only rookies ingnore this. In my ATS thread I mentioned the "spot" Seattle was in.

Russell Wilson is an amazing talent only a fool wouldn't see that, so far he has accomplished more than Luck has. That is a fact! Oh yeah.,...he doesn't get to play the Jags twice a year.

Would anyone believe coming out of Wisconsin Wilson had the highest NCAA QB ranking of all time?

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Andrew Luck lost to Miami at home. Beat those powerhouses Raiders/Jags a beat up Niner team and a Seattle team in a spot (double road) they have always sucked in along with missing offensive linemen.

This season so far we've seen teams in double road situations 20 times, they have won both.....2...times. This is an historically bad "spot" for any team to be in.

The Pats lose their first game, yep...double road.

Chicago lose their first game, yep..double road.

The "spot" that Seattle was in was mentioned during the game.....why? It was because everyone knows about how hard is to win back to back on the road.

What if this game had been played in Seattle do you honestly believe we see the same game?

Andrew Luck has been in three double road scenarios so far in his young career, he couldn't pull it off last season and this season he got lucky in having the Jags involved.

Last season Seattle was in four double road situations, didn't win both games in any of them.

Don't be a rookie and get too jacked up and confused over...a...game, ok? Look at the "spot" a team was in. There are teams in the league that totally suck heading into a bye week, playing on Monday night, coming off a bye. Only rookies ingnore this. In my ATS thread I mentioned the "spot" Seattle was in.

Russell Wilson is an amazing talent only a fool wouldn't see that, so far he has accomplished more than Luck has. That is a fact! Oh yeah.,...he doesn't get to play the Jags twice a year.

Would anyone believe coming out of Wisconsin Wilson had the highest NCAA QB ranking of all time?

Didn't read because none of this changes the fact that Andrew luck has more total yards, a higher passer rating, a better touchdown to turnover ratio, and a head to head win against Russel Wilson so far this season. 7 years from now, Luck will be the king of this league. Wilson will still be a game manager.

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
translation

I prefer the fantasy world all those facts confuse me.

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-07-2013, 03:34 PM
The facts are in red. See above for reference.

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
The facts are in red. See above for reference.

So you call me out then refuse to read what I have to say? Are you really this afraid of those facts?

johnsmith
10-07-2013, 03:41 PM
So you call me out then refuse to read what I have to say? Are you really this afraid of those facts?

You mean the way you didn't read what he wrote?

Pelicans78
10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't see how there's a comparison. Luck doesn't have a strong running game to rely on. But without that argument, its obvious watching the two play that Luck will be a superior QB in years to come.

Clipper Nation
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't stand Luck and I like Wilson, but even I have to admit Luck's better.... Avante being a delusional fat ole' fuck per par....

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:52 PM
You mean the way you didn't read what he wrote?

Sure I did, but know better than to try and make too much out of 5 weeks. Indy has only played two road games.