PDA

View Full Version : Jazz: Jazz @ Timberwolves: presented by Al Jefferson not crumbling under pressure for once

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 08:56 PM
With the Lakers reeling off 4 straight wins since The Sweep, the Jazz have been put in a tough spot, and their magic number for elimination is now down to one. As we all know, they've gotta win out and hope the Lakers lose to the Rox. That said, with most of the team playing poorly, Al Jefferson has been a monster for the Jazz. In their home game vs Minnesota on Friday, Al put up 40 points, 13 rebounds, and 6 assists on 19-27 shooting in a close game. I don't care who the opponent was, or who was banged up, but to put up an efficient and monstrous line like that in a must win game says something.

After that tough game requiring a Herculean effort from Jefferson, people thought the Wolves would put them out of their misery in Minnesota, but so far Jefferson has come through again with 22 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks on 8-15 shooting and 6-6 from the line. The Jazz are up 13 with just over 6 minutes left. Big :tu to to big Al. The Memphis game will be a true test, provided the Grizz aren't resting starters, as they might still be battling for that 3 or 4 spot

Splits
04-15-2013, 08:59 PM
If the Grizz lose to Dallas tonight their game against Utah is meaningless. GO DIRK!

..... ewww I feel dirty.

StrengthAndHonor
04-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Its pointless. Utah is out. Lakers will win Wednesday night vs Houston. No way in hell the league allows the Lakers to lose AT Staples that will put them in the playoff seeding.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but its just common business sense. You don't put a weak market like Utah over a mega franchise like the Lakers.

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Its pointless. Utah is out. Lakers will win Wednesday night vs Houston. No way in hell the league allows the Lakers to lose AT Staples that will put them in the playoff seeding.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but its just common business sense. You don't put a weak market like Utah over a mega franchise like the Lakers.

there was no "rigging" in the Spurs-Lakers game tbh, and Harden gets more calls than anybody, so it will be interesting.

Clipper Nation
04-15-2013, 09:09 PM
If the Grizz lose to Dallas tonight their game against Utah is meaningless. GO DIRK!

..... ewww I feel dirty.
So of course, the Mavs are doing their best to help the Lakers and choking in the 4th per par...

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Bucks tanking vs Denver:rollin

Monkeyboy14
04-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Biggest issue for jazz is, why would houston take the game seriously? Is there anything to gain for them to win?

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
So of course, the Mavs are doing their best to help the Lakers and choking in the 4th per par...
Cuban should be fined for putting his 34 year old wunderkind through a season like this with such a crap roster

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Biggest issue for jazz is, why would houston take the game seriously? Is there anything to gain for them to win?
#6 seed

crc21209
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Coming down to the last night of the season. Jazz @ Grizzlies, Rockets @ Lakers. Should be good...:tu

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
#6 seed

So as a Suns fan, maybe I should actually be cheering for them to win tonight, against Houston. Lol.

Splits
04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
So as a Suns fan, maybe I should actually be cheering for them to win tonight, against Houston. Lol.

Yes you should. And if Houston loses tonight and again to the Lakers on Wednesday, then you don't get your draft pick but Rockettes drop to the 8 seed and get OKC instead of the 7 seed, so that game will mean something to them.

Killakobe81
04-15-2013, 09:43 PM
#6 seed

Not if Suns win ...and gstate win

Thread
04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Killa, so what do we want with this Phx/Houston tonite? What would make Houston ease off Weds nite?

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes you should. And if Houston loses tonight and again to the Lakers on Wednesday, then you don't get your draft pick but Rockettes drop to the 8 seed and get OKC instead of the 7 seed, so that game will mean something to them.

Only problem is I'm still hoping for the 3rd spot in the lottery, and best we can do is the 3 1/2 spot if we win tonight. But it certainly would be good to get two lottery picks.

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Not if Suns win ...and gstate win

Yeah, I'm assuming GS loses so Houston needs to lose in order to have something to play for against LA.

EDIT: Actually, Rockets would still be alive even if GS wins, because they have the tiebreaker. Plus they wouldn't want to drop to 8 vs LA (who has tiebreaker in event of a win, via conference record).

Thread
04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I'm assuming GS loses so Houston needs to lose in order to have something to play for against LA.

So I want GS to win and Houston to win tonite for it to be good for me, Jeremy?

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM
So I want GS to win and Houston to win tonite for it to be good for me, Jeremy?

No, I edited my post above. The only scenario in which Houston has nothing to play for against LA is if Houston wins and GS loses, then Houston will clinch the 6 seed tonight and be locked in.

Thread
04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
No, I edited my post above. The only scenario in which Houston has nothing to play for against LA is if Houston wins and GS loses, then Houston will clinch the 6 seed tonight and be locked in.

Thank you.

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 09:58 PM
So as a Suns fan, I want Houston to win (keeping Suns alive for the 3 spot in the lottery), but GS to also win, so Houston will still compete on Wednesday.

Kai
04-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Jazz Griz will be fun

Kai
04-15-2013, 10:00 PM
So as a Suns fan, I want Houston to win (keeping Suns alive for the 3 spot in the lottery), but GS to also win, so Houston will still compete on Wednesday.

McHale said we're going hard on Wednesday no matter what.

Thread
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm gonna need the Grizz.

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna need the Grizz.

Well, fortunately for you, the Grizz won tonight so they'll still be playing for home court advantage. It should be a very competitive game.

Thread
04-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Well, fortunately for you, the Grizz won tonight so they'll still be playing for home court advantage.

Thank Christ.

spurraider21
04-15-2013, 10:22 PM
The Grizz played their starters around 20 minutes today even though they are still fighting for seeding. I doubt that changes against the Jazz, who will be fighting for their playoff lives

Jeremy
04-15-2013, 10:51 PM
If the Rockets can't even beat the Suns, I don't feel very good about their chances against the Lakers.

Suspect
04-15-2013, 11:17 PM
We always struggle in phoenix. We blew them out bad in houston. Plus we're facing our old team basically