PDA

View Full Version : I knew it was too good to be true

Uriel
04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
So me and my aunt spoke with a Verizon sales representative, and he told us that if we waited until July, my aunt would be eligible for an upgrade for the iPhone on her plan if she extended her contract, which she could then transfer to me. By then, the iPhone 5S would have come out, and I would have been able to get it unlocked and contract-free for the carrier-subsidized price of only $199. :wow I thought it was too good to be true.

Alas, I learned the bitter reality that if something is too good to be true, it probably is. We later found out that extending her contract meant she would lose unlimited data, since Verizon's new plans no longer offer that. So now I'm gonna have to buy the unlocked iPhone 5 from the Apple store for the full retail price of $649. And that's before taxes.

Oh well, such is life. :bang

Phillip
04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
fail

exstatic
04-15-2013, 10:18 PM
t-mobile, ftw.

Latarian Milton
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
every commercial is a trap and retailers just get paid for deceiving us customers imho.

silverblk mystix
04-16-2013, 06:35 AM
So me and my aunt spoke with a Verizon sales representative, and he told us that if we waited until July, my aunt would be eligible for an upgrade for the iPhone on her plan if she extended her contract, which she could then transfer to me. By then, the iPhone 5S would have come out, and I would have been able to get it unlocked and contract-free for the carrier-subsidized price of only $199. :wow I thought it was too good to be true.

Alas, I learned the bitter reality that if something is too good to be true, it probably is. We later found out that extending her contract meant she would lose unlimited data, since Verizon's new plans no longer offer that. So now I'm gonna have to buy the unlocked iPhone 5 from the Apple store for the full retail price of $649. And that's before taxes.

Oh well, such is life. :bang

Just sign the 2yr thing and get the iphone for a lot less - maybe even free...why do you need unlimited data anyway?

Drachen
04-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Here is one for 530, I'll bet you could get it for 500
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mob/3746163313.html

Spur|n|Austin
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Losing the unlimited data is not a big deal; they throttle your bandwidth if you get close to 5 GBs anyways. I'm on AT&T's 2 GB plan, and have never come close to reaching that maximum with WiFi at home and work and I'm on Pandora or other data hogs on the reg.