PDA

View Full Version : NBC's EPL Coverage plans will be announced tomorrow

NASpurs
04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
http://epltalk.com/2013/04/15/live-from-new-york-its-epl-talk-covering-nbcs-premier-league-tv-coverage-announcements/

I’m in New York City tonight preparing for tomorrow’s press conference where NBC is expected to announce its Premier League coverage plans for the 2013-14 season.

The press conference begins Tuesday, April 16 at 10am ET. NBC executives plus Premier League Chief Executive Richard Scudamore will be speaking to an audience of gathered journalists. I’ll be there representing EPL Talk and getting all of the details about NBC’s coverage plans.

Two things:

1) EPL Talk will be providing you wall-to-wall coverage tomorrow as soon as we get the details (as long as the WiFi access cooperates), so be sure to check EPLTalk.com throughout the day for breaking news.

2) If you have any questions in particular that you’d like me to ask, please suggest them in the comments section below. I can’t promise I’ll be able to ask them all, but I want to make sure I leave no stone unturned.

Due to the press conference tomorrow, we’ll be skipping The Daily EPL tomorrow to give you as much content as possible about NBC’s plans for how it’s going to bring the Premier League to soccer fans across the United States.
------------------------------------------------------

I would love to know if they're going to have EPL coverage online or some online season pass. What comes out of the press conference tomorrow will be interesting for us EPL fans in the states.

Venti Quattro
04-15-2013, 11:05 PM
I wish they could get rid of the gay commentators

symple19
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
NBC is garbage and fucks up coverage of every sport they do...Just look at how awful the Olympics have been over the years. If CBS was the one doing it, I might care, but I think I'll just stick to British streams. No way am I watching NBC coverage

symple19
04-15-2013, 11:53 PM
and :lol paying for anything

TimmehC
04-16-2013, 10:06 AM
http://epltalk.com/2013/04/16/nbc-announces-details-of-premier-league-coverage-plans-for-2013-14/

Pelicans78
04-16-2013, 10:38 AM
I thought Fox did a solid job. What's gonna happen to the Fox Soccer Channel?

IronMaxipad
04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
20 Premier League matches to be televised live on NBC’s free-to-air channel over the course of the 2013-14 season,

:clap

edit: Oh shit Telemundo is also showing games. even better.

Telemundo will show 10am ET matches, while NBC free-to-air will feature the Saturday 12.30pm ET matches.

Now i can watch some games in HD and not shitty streams like i always do, since I don't have cable.

lefty
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
So it will be regular NBC, or NBCsports or some shit like that ?

Because we have regular NBC here in Kenedeh

lefty
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
20 Premier League matches to be televised live on NBC’s free-to-air channel over the course of the 2013-14 season,

:clap

edit: Oh shit Telemundo is also showing games. even better.

Telemundo will show 10am ET matches, while NBC free-to-air will feature the Saturday 12.30pm ET matches.

Now i can watch some games in HD and not shitty streams like i always do, since I don't have cable.
With Wiziwig and Sopcast, you can watch great HD streams

IronMaxipad
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
With Wiziwig and Sopcast, you can watch great HD streams

I kno breh. Thats what i use, it's all mostly in terrorist languages though. Now i can hear it in english and be@ner languages, in hd for free. And without having to hook up my pc to the tv.

lefty
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
I kno breh. Thats what i use, it's all mostly in terrorist languages though. Now i can hear it in english and be@ner languages, in hd for free. And without having to hook up my pc to the tv.
wtf are u talking about

I get them in English or Spanish

IronMaxipad
04-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Wtf are you talking about 99% of the sopcast links are in russian/terriorst. There's maybe 1 spanish one and it doesn't always work.

IronMaxipad
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Case in point: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186872&page=32&p=6386181&viewfull=1#post6386181

that last clasico in feb. there was 0 english or spanish sopcast links.

lefty
04-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Case in point: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186872&page=32&p=6386181&viewfull=1#post6386181

that last clasico in feb. there was 0 english or spanish sopcast links.
I watched it on Canal + en Espanol, excellent HD link from Wiziwig

NASpurs
04-16-2013, 11:56 PM
I thought Fox did a solid job. What's gonna happen to the Fox Soccer Channel?

This is what's going to happen:

Fox Soccer is going to become FXX which is the sister channel to FX. Then the Speed Channel is going to become Fox Sports 1 which is going to carry Champions League games as well as Europa League games plus MLB games and UFC matches. All of these channels are launching on August 17th.

NASpurs
04-17-2013, 12:32 AM
I love it! I'm going to be sick of the EPL by the time next year ends. :lol Sooooooooooo much coverage!

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/04/16/nbc-sports-groups-2013-14-premier-league-programming-plans/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 16th, 2013
NBC SPORTS GROUP’S 2013-14 PREMIER LEAGUE PROGRAMMING PLANS

Live Multi-Platform Coverage of All 380 Matches

Matches to Air Live on NBC, NBC Sports Network, Telemundo, Mun2, Premier League Extra Time, NBC Sports Live Extra and Other NBCUniversal Channels

All 10 Matches on Championship Sunday – May 11, 2014 – Available Live on an NBCUniversal Television Channel

More than 600 Hours of Original and Weekly Studio Programming on NBC Sports Network
New York – April 16, 2013 – All 380 games of the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season will be presented live on NBC Sports Group’s television and digital properties as well as other NBCUniversal channels. NBC Sports Group’s schedule, which begins on Saturday, August 17, includes live matches on NBC, NBC Sports Network, Telemundo, Mun2, the Premier League Extra Time package of overflow television channels, the NBC Sports Live Extra website and app, and other NBCUniversal channels including CNBC and USA.
As previously announced in October 2012,NBCUniversal, via the NBC Sports Group, acquired the exclusive U.S. media rights to the Premier League through a multi-year agreement that begins with the 2013-14 season. Per the agreement, NBCUniversal becomes the exclusive English- and Spanish-language media rights holder to all 380 Barclays Premier League matches across all media platforms and devices in the United States.
Details of the 2013-2014 NBC Sports Group Premier League programming include:

All 380 matches presented live on television with studio pre- and post-game coverage;

All 380 matches streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra;

Games not aired on a designated NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors via Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network;

Championship Sunday – May 11, 2014, when all 10 Premier League matches will be available live on a different NBCUniversal channel;

76 Spanish-language telecasts, 10 on Telemundo, 66 on Mun2;

More than 600 hours of Premier League original programming.

NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA: Every Barclays Premier League match will be streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra, the NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktop, mobile and tablets and, in most cases, on the digital platforms of participating cable, satellite, telco and other video subscription services. The vast majority of Barclays Premier League matches will be streamed via “TV Everywhere,” available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of these services.
NBC Sports Live Extra provides a primary and second screen experience across mobile, tablet and desktop, delivering high quality video, match/player stats and video highlights while aggregating Premier League content from social media.
PREMIER LEAGUE EXTRA TIME: All games not aired on a designated NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors on Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network.
CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY: The biggest day on the Premier League schedule is the last day of the season when all 20 teams play at the same time. NBCUniversal will present each match of Championship Sunday live across a host of NBCU channels, including NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, USA, MSNBC, E! and more.
STUDIO AND ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING: NBC Sports Network will present more than 600 hours each year of studio and original programming surrounding Premier League. Shows include:

Premier League Countdown – A preview of the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season;

Premier League Download – With the help of a number of high-profile celebrity supporters, comedians and journalists, Premier League Download will explore what it is that’s so intensely loved – and loathed – about England’s topflight league. Long-time supporters will enjoy the lively commentary, while new fans will learn the language of the only league that matters;

Premier League 36 – NBC Sports Network’s acclaimed 36 series that follows athletes for the 36 hours leading up to a game/match/race comes to the Premier League;

Premier League Goal Zone – A 30-minute program airing after the matches on Sunday with highlights of all the goals scored on Saturday and Sunday;

Game Cut-Downs – On Monday nights, NBCSN will present a two-hour show featuring cut-down versions of the Manchester United and Manchester City matches. On Tuesdays, a two-hour program will feature the Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Tottenham matches;

Match of the Day – A two-hour show featuring extended highlights with the natural calls of every game on Saturday. This show is modeled after the highly-regarded BBC show of the same name. Match of the Day will re-air on Sunday mornings;

Match of the Day 2 – A 90-minute show featuring extended highlights with the natural calls of every game on Sunday. This show is modeled after the BBC show of the same name;

Match of the Week – On Sunday nights, NBCSN will re-air the best match of the weekend in its entirety;

Barclays Premier League World – A weekly magazine show produced by Premier League;

Barclays Premier League Preview – A weekly show produced by Premier League that previews the upcoming week’s matches;

Barclays Premier League Review – A weekly show produced by Premier League that recaps all the matches from the past week.

GAMES BY PLATFORM
(Subject to Change)

NBC

NBCSN

Premier League Extra Time

Telemundo/Mun2

Other NBCU Channels

NBC Sports Live Extra

TYPICAL WEEKLY PROGRAMMING GRID (All games live; All times ET)

Saturday
Sunday
Monday/Midweek

7 a.m. – NBCSN
8 a.m. – NBCSN
2:30 p.m. – NBCSN

10 a.m. – NBCSN
11 a.m. – NBCSN/Telemundo

12:30 p.m. – NBC

IronMaxipad
07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
First 3 month schedule released:

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/07/29/nbc-sports-group-announces-u-s-tv-schedule-for-first-three-months-of-premier-league-season/

Venti Quattro
07-29-2013, 09:42 PM
At least they have a good set of games. Can't wait!

scott
07-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Crystal Palace v Sunderland on NBC 8/31 stood out as an interesting choice for the main network :lol

SAtown
07-31-2013, 08:13 AM
I hope NBC doest screw up broadcasts like FOX does with the champions league in terms of HD and sound quality. I download a lot of cl matches at night due to work, and those ITV and Sky Sports broadcasts are 1000x better than what we see on FOX

lefty
07-31-2013, 12:56 PM
I hope NBC doest screw up broadcasts like FOX does with the champions league in terms of HD and sound quality. I download a lot of cl matches at night due to work, and those ITV and Sky Sports broadcasts are 1000x better than what we see on FOX
rojadirecta :cry

NASpurs
07-31-2013, 05:55 PM
http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/07/30/nbc-sports-to-debut-premier-league-club-selection-show-august-8th/

NBC Sports to Debut ‘Premier League Club Selection Show’ August 8th...

Presumably the 60-minute show will help sports fans, who are new to the Premier League, choose what club they’d like to support. It’s a novel idea, and while it’ll be entertaining for hardcore soccer fans, it could be a very resourceful show for new fans to the world’s most popular sports league.

------------------------------------

:lol I gotta watch this and see what they say about various teams. This is what I think: "If you enjoy being in a title drought with cheap owners, support Arsenal... the Chicago Bulls of the British Premier League. Both haven't won anything for a while, owners won't cough up money, both play in large market cities. Won't win the league or titles but will always be really good teams."

SAtown
08-01-2013, 08:07 AM
rojadirecta :cry

Best site ever, it was worth even getting a hotfile account for it.

SAtown
08-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I hope NBC promote the shit out of the EPL during Sunday Night Football games. SNF imo does the best job with nfl broadcasts, and now have the most exciting futbol league in its hands. If only they'd get the NBA back

lefty
08-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Best site ever, it was worth even getting a hotfile account for it.
Which one did you get? (6 months, 12?)
Are you renewing it ?

SAtown
08-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Which one did you get? (6 months, 12?)
Are you renewing it ?

I got the 6 month, which is due to expire soon iirc. I may renew it, depending on which upload service is the more popular amongst rojadirecta users. Sometimes I'm stuck with Russian/German commentary, as the English uploads aren't always HD quality (gotta have HD lol).

I think it's worth it overall though. Living on this side of the world, it's tough enough avoiding Facebook, text messages from friends, and the goddamn american radio that never talks footy until there's an important match. Once you avoid all that ish, I really dont want to wait 3 hours for a match to download, just to see that midget score in the first few minutes of an away leg at Bartha :cry :cry :cry