PDA

View Full Version : Lakers still a possibility in the 1st round?

acl14320
04-15-2013, 11:41 PM
With the rockets losing tonight, they are 1 game above the Lakers for the 7 seed. If La beats Houston Wed night they would have exact same record.

So who would own the tie breaker?

Mugen
04-15-2013, 11:42 PM
It's a probably not a possibility. The Lakers own the tiebreaker if they win on Wed.

Robz4000
04-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Yep, more than likely that's who we'll get. This is looking more and more like a rehash of 2011...

JingleJangleJingle
04-15-2013, 11:44 PM
who ever wins that game gets the 7th seed...if the Lakers lose they will be out of the playoffs. the Lakers will shoot around 60 FT in that game

Monkeyboy14
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
What the fuuuuck, spurs can not get a break!

justinandimcool
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
also a possibility Houston wins Wednesday, then Golden State upsets a banged up Denver team, while we get healthy by the end of the second round. step off the ledge.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 11:46 PM
also a possibility Houston wins Wednesday, then Golden State upsets a banged up Denver team, while we get healthy by the end of the second round. step off the ledge.

:lol Have you seen the calls LA has been getting in April? There's no way the NBA doesn't get them in the playoffs if the game is remotely close tbh.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
If you're scared go to church

acl14320
04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Definitely not scared. I say bring in LA, a first round matchup with them may be exactly what we need to wake our asses up

TampaDude
04-15-2013, 11:49 PM
:lol Have you seen the calls LA has been getting in April? There's no way the NBA doesn't get them in the playoffs if the game is remotely close tbh.

Yup...anyone who cannot see the obvious $$$ driven agenda here is blind.

BillMc
04-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Could be a fun series.

Arcadian
:lol Lakers can still finish anywhere from 7th to 9th. If they lose their last game and Utah wins theirs, LA will be out of the playoffs entirely.

DesignatedT
Still a lot of possibilities. If GS loses at POR and HOU beats LA then we get GS. If GS wins and HOU wins we get HOU and if LA wins we get LA.

If UTA beats MEM and HOU beats LA then LA is out of the playoffs.

spurs1990
04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
They don't even have Bryant. I don't think Blake is going to go for 20 points in a half again.

Manu will be back. Tony will play better.

Spurs will not lose to them. Don't believe it for a second.

Monkeyboy14
04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
yep, spurs laker round 1 is pretty much a lock. In other words, a first round loss is pretty much a lock. Lakers moving ball without kobe, spurs banged up, and the lakerefs will make that happen.

DesignatedT
04-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Don't understand why everybody is already declaring a Laker win. Houston could very well win that game.

Utah game will already have been played so if they lose @MEM then the league doesn't have to worry about getting LA into the playoffs.

TampaDude
They don't even have Bryant. I don't think Blake is going to go for 20 points in a half again.

Manu will be back. Tony will play better.

Spurs will not lose to them. Don't believe it for a second.

In a fair league, I would agree with you, but if we play the Lakers in the first round, we better blow them the fuck out in every game and not let the refs affect the outcome. Rest assured, the Spurs will lose any close games, because they'd be playing 5 on 8. I also guaran-fucking-tee y'all we see Joey C in Game 1.

crc21209
yep, spurs laker round 1 is pretty much a lock. In other words, a first round loss is pretty much a lock. Lakers moving ball without kobe, spurs banged up, and the lakerefs will make that happen.

No locks at all actually.

If Houston beats LA: Spurs vs. Rockets

If LA beats Houston, Portland beats GS: Spurs vs. Warriors

Monkeyboy14
04-15-2013, 11:56 PM

Wait so lakers could still potentially be the 6th seed?

crc21209
04-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Don't understand why everybody is already declaring a Laker win. Houston could very well win that game.

Utah game will already have been played so if they lose @MEM then the league doesn't have to worry about getting LA into the playoffs.

Damn I didn't think of that either. If Utah loses at Memphis then LA could possibly rest some guys...interesting.

Mugen
04-15-2013, 11:58 PM

Nope. LA would be the 7th seed in that scenario still.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2013, 11:58 PM
If you're scared go to church

Too bad that guy is not with us anymore to say that :(

Mugen
04-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Damn I didn't think of that either. If Utah loses at Memphis then LA could possibly rest some guys...interesting.

The Lakers are going to go all out to win Wednesday regardless of the outcome of the utah game. The Spurs are a 100x better matchup for them than OKC.

Arcadian
Wait so lakers could still potentially be the 6th seed?

No, they can be 7th 8th or 9th.

DesignatedT
The Lakers are going to go all out to win Wednesday regardless of the outcome of the utah game. The Spurs are a 100x better matchup for them than OKC.

Yes, but so are the Rockets. A Laker win is far from guaranteed.

Russ
The Lakers' size and physicality could hurt the Spurs going forward even if they win the series.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Didn't you just say last night you would take Duncan now the way he is playing and live with it? Good lord make up your mind! One day you are positive and now we are done? You are all over the place Monkeyboy lol.
The Lakers size and physicality could hurt the Spurs going forward even if they win the series.
This is VERY TRUE!

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes, but so are the Rockets. A Laker win is far from guaranteed.

Not guaranteed but highly probably IMO.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:02 AM
The Lakers size and physicality could hurt the Spurs going forward even if they win the series.

Bingo. I'd still take the Spurs in 5 but LA has the personnel to make it a very physical series.

Robz4000
Refs will be out in full force regardless of the Utah game. Spurs/Lakers will generate $$$ and Stern can still have his Thunder/Lakers WCF. I can't believe how well this has all worked out for Herr Stern.

spurs1990
You know what, fuck it.

If, and I mean IF the Spurs have to lose in the 1st round best to fall to the Lakers. I would be more devastated being beat by Hou or GSW because no way anyone would expect them to win this early.

That being said playing LA in our current state is win-win. Bring them on.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:04 AM
You know what, fuck it.

If, and I mean IF the Spurs have to lose in the 1st round best to fall to the Lakers. I would be more devastated being beat by Hou or GSW because no way anyone would expect them to win this early.

What a horrible take all around. Just absolutely atrocious tbh.

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Nope. LA would be the 7th seed in that scenario still.

Sorry I typed it wrong. :lol I meant if Rockets beat Lakers, Portland beats GS: Spurs vs. Warriors

DesignatedT
04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
The Lakers have size that will give the Spurs trouble but neither of their bigs have ever been known as "physical". They don't even compare to the physicality that Randolph and Gasol brought in '11.

Diaw out would also hurt more in that series as well. If the Spurs have a majority healthy Parker-Manu back court though the Lakers stand no chance to win the series. Blake isn't going to shoot like he did and Nash can't play D on anyone we have out there.

Not sure why people are so scared of that team. Man the fuck up. They wont beat us and HOU and GS have the personnel to be just as difficult of an out or even more difficult of an out for us.

Monkeyboy14
Didn't you just say last night you would take Duncan now the way he is playing and live with it? Good lord make up your mind! One day you are positive and now we are done? You are all over the place Monkeyboy lol.

I knoooooww, Im what you could call a delusional realist. I gots my hope but sometimes my brain overtakes my heart. But sometimes my brain is wrong...:lol

spurraider21
You know what, fuck it.

pink-worthy tbh

spurs1990
04-16-2013, 12:07 AM
As TampaDude points out the Lakers will have the 8 vs 5 advantage the other 2 may not necessarily have.

Ice009
LOL, I wonder if Pop was trying to avoid the Lakers?

LOL, and we get them anyway.

Fucking loser coach is getting punished again by the basketball gods. Resting players, great moves Pop.

crc21209
Refs will be out in full force regardless of the Utah game. Spurs/Lakers will generate $$$ and Stern can still have his Thunder/Lakers WCF. I can't believe how well this has all worked out for Herr Stern.

:lol Whaaaaat. It's unprobable the Lakers make it out of the 1st round, much less make the WCF's....

DesignatedT
04-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Nor Pop or any Spur player is scared of this Laker team. Only you pussified fans are.

siraulo23
04-16-2013, 12:08 AM
spurs-lakers in round 1, i'd say 99% chance is gonna happen

last game of the season for lakers, at home, if they lose they could miss the POs, it's gonna happen

DesignatedT
04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
last game of the season for lakers, at home, if they lose they could miss the POs, it's gonna happen

They'll know beforehand whether they have to win for the playoffs or not.

Robz4000
04-16-2013, 12:11 AM
:lol Whaaaaat. It's unprobable the Lakers make it out of the 1st round, much less make the WCF's....

The 2-3-6-7 bracket could be the weakest in years. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they make it.

Johnny RIngo

Fucking loser coach is getting punished again by the basketball gods. Resting players, great moves Pop.

Meanwhile, OKC gets an easy first round matchup with the Rockets. Pop could have avoided this if he had beaten LA on Sunday.

Uriel
It doesn't matter. HOU, LAL, or GS cannot beat San Antonio in the 1st round. Period.

Besides, if we're fretting about teams like the Lakers, how much more so OKC and MIA?

Johnny RIngo
04-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Nor Pop or any Spur player is scared of this Laker team. Only you pussified fans are.

Parker is afraid of the Lakers. Always has been.

crc21209

+1. Especially a Laker team with no Kobe Bryant and/or Phil Jackson leading them.

siraulo23
^ ok

it's gonna be an entertaining 1st round series regardless, but i cant believe lakers still has a chance to draw the spurs, rockets losing to suns :lol

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 12:15 AM

That would be funny as shit wouldn't it ICE?
It doesn't matter. HOU, LAL, or GS cannot beat San Antonio in the 1st round. Period.

Besides, if we're fretting about teams like the Lakers, how much more so OKC and MIA?

TRUTH!!!!!

RD2191
04-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Lakers will upset the Spurs if we play them in the 1st round. Its almost as if it has to happen. Like those kind of fuck ups are part of the Spurs DNA.

DesignatedT
04-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I mean seriously. Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, Darius Morris in the playoffs :lol, old man Nash, washed up Artest, can't hit a FT Howard, wen't 3-17 last game Gasol and most of all LOL pwned by Pop, D'antoni.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2013, 12:17 AM
The Spurs are scared of everyone right now. They are looking like one of the 3 worst teams heading into the playoffs. There is no magic switch they can just turn on once game 1 starts. This team has been playing like crap since beating OKC in SA ages ago.

DesignatedT
04-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Lakers will upset the Spurs if we play them in the 1st round. Its almost as if it has to happen. Like those kind of fuck ups are part of the Spurs DNA.

Want to bet?

Johnny RIngo
04-16-2013, 12:18 AM
I mean seriously. Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, Darius Morris in the playoffs :lol, old man Nash, washed up Artest, can't hit a FT Howard, wen't 3-17 last game Gasol and most of all LOL pwned by Pop, D'antoni.

You must have blocked out Parker going 1-10 against LA and shitting the bed against them(like he always has)

spurraider21
04-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Lakers without Kobe are just the Grizzlies without defense

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:21 AM

Yeah looking at their roster isnt scary at all. Yeah they have 2 big guys in the post but one can't shoot FT's for shit. Blake, Meeks, Morris, Jamison, and Artest? Not real scary if you ask me...

RD2191
04-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Want to bet?

Tempting but idk. I hope im wrong lol

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:23 AM
You must have blocked out Parker going 1-10 against LA and shitting the bed against them(like he always has)

These Lakers aren't the 2000's Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, and Phil Jackson. Come on now...

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Lakers without Kobe are just the Grizzlies without defense

Except they've defended the Spurs pretty well in 2 out of 3 games this season.

Bottom line, Spurs should still win the series but the Lakers (even without Kobe) have the personnel to upset them while Houston/GSW did not.

KaiRMD1
04-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Refs or no refs, 2011 is gonna happen all over again with this squad. Same softness, same ability to brick shots, overall the Spurs just aren't going to win with this squad and a mentally done Tony Parker. Unless Manu comes back and goes ham, Spurs are headed for a first round exit, book it folks.

DPG21920
04-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Just wish the Spurs would have beaten LA. Despite what some say, Nash/Dwight/Pau are damn good.

Johnny RIngo
04-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Playing the Lakers is the worst case scenario. Officiating will always be on their side for one. Having our best player(Duncan) match up against the best frontcourt in the NBA in the first round is NOT ideal...especially if it means it will wear him down for the later rounds. Gimpy Manu coming back against a dirty/physical player like Artest is not the best way to get him back into game shape. Our advantage against them is Parker, but he looks like he's either injured, gassed, or given up on the team. Our bench is a goddamn joke right now - I'd favor LA in that matchup too.

Ice009
04-16-2013, 12:26 AM
That would be funny as shit wouldn't it ICE?

TRUTH!!!!!

I still stand by my opinion of resting players not helping at all. TD is the only one who should get some rest every now and then, but no one else on the team should be resting at all if they are healthy enough to play.

Pop is a fucking retard of a coach.

Keep fucking coaching with FEAR Pop, keep coaching and instilling that FEAR into your players. You really know how to bring down your own fucking team.

I still want to know what happened between Jax and Pop. For all I know, Jack called out Pop for all the same things I am calling him out about.

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Playing the Lakers is the worst case scenario. Officiating will always be on their side for one. Having our best player(Duncan) match up against the best frontcourt in the NBA in the first round is NOT ideal...especially if it means it will wear him down for the later rounds. Gimpy Manu coming back against a dirty/physical player like Artest is not the best way to get him back into game shape. Our advantage against them is Parker, but he looks like he's either injured, gassed, or given up on the team. Our bench is a goddamn joke right now.

Best front court in the NBA? A Gasol who is just coming back from injury and a Howard who is mentally weak when other teams foul him on purpose? I don't think so. Randolph and Gasol in Memphis say hello also...

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:27 AM
No Diaw/Jack hurts most against the Lakers tbh.

Johnny RIngo
04-16-2013, 12:30 AM
For all I know, Jack called out Pop for all the same things I am calling him out about.

Jack made it obvious with his tweets why he's not on the team.

crc21209
Playing the Lakers is the worst case scenario. Officiating will always be on their side for one. Having our best player(Duncan) match up against the best frontcourt in the NBA in the first round is NOT ideal...especially if it means it will wear him down for the later rounds. Gimpy Manu coming back against a dirty/physical player like Artest is not the best way to get him back into game shape. Our advantage against them is Parker, but he looks like he's either injured, gassed, or given up on the team. Our bench is a goddamn joke right now - I'd favor LA in that matchup too.

Look at our starters and bench vs. LA's.

Starters: Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, Splitter vs. Nash (maybe), Meeks, Artest, Gasol, and Howard.

Bench: Ginobili, Neal, Bonner, Blair, De Colo, Joseph, Mills vs. Morris, Blake, Jamison, Clark

Nash at his age and at his health won't be able to cover a 70-80 % Parker.....

Johnny RIngo
Best front court in the NBA? A Gasol who is just coming back from injury and a Howard who is mentally weak when other teams foul him on purpose? I don't think so. Randolph and Gasol in Memphis say hello also...

Randolph has been playing like shit recently

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Randolph has been playing like shit recently

Howard has played like shit for most of the year....:lol

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:35 AM
At this point everything is all speculation anyway. The 6-7-8 spots are still WIDE open. If Utah loses to Memphis early Wednesday night, then LA doesn't even have to win to get in. Which is very possible...

Nathan89
04-16-2013, 12:37 AM
If spurs can't beat the current Lakers they weren't going to do anything in the playoffs anyways. Logically if you're worried about the Lakers you should have no hope of them getting out of the West.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:38 AM
At this point everything is all speculation anyway. The 6-7-8 spots are still WIDE open. If Utah loses to Memphis early Wednesday night, then LA doesn't even have to win to get in. Which is very possible...

All true. But there's zero chance the Lakers don't do everything in their power to avoid OKC. They might as well miss the playoffs if they draw the Thunder Round 1 tbh.

spurraider21
04-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Except they've defended the Spurs pretty well in 2 out of 3 games this season.

Bottom line, Spurs should still win the series but the Lakers (even without Kobe) have the personnel to upset them while Houston/GSW did not.
I strongly disagree. The Spurs issues this year haven't really been defending opposing big men.

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
All true. But there's zero chance the Lakers don't do everything in their power to avoid OKC. They might as well miss the playoffs if they draw the Thunder Round 1 tbh.

And you think the Rockets are just going to lie down and lose to get OKC in Round 1? Both teams are going to go hard for a win Wednesday....

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
JMcDonald_SAEN Most likely playoff scenario has Spurs playing winner of Wednesday's Rockets-Lakers game in first round. G-State still remote possibility.

JMcDonald_SAEN If Golden State beats Portland in its finale, Warriors are No. 6 seed. The No. 7 would go to Lakers-Rockets winner.

JMcDonald_SAEN If Warriors lose to Blazers, and Houston beats Lakers, Rockets are No. 6, Warriors No. 7.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:44 AM
And you think the Rockets are just going to lie down and lose to get OKC in Round 1? Both teams are going to go hard for a win Wednesday....

Rockets just lost to the worst team in the West in a game they needed to win. The Kobeless Lakers are a better team than them tbh. With the whistles LA is going to get, I'd put HOU's chances of winning the game at least than 20% tbh.

It'll be nice if they pull out the W but i don't see it happening.

crc21209
04-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Here's all the scenarios:

No. 6 Golden State

* Clinch 6th with a victory
* Clinch 6th with a loss combined with a Houston loss.
* Clinch 7th with a loss combined with a Houston victory.

No. 7 Houston

* Clinch 6th with a victory combined with a Golden State loss.
* Clinch 7th with a victory combined with a Golden State victory.
* Clinch 8th with a loss.

No. 8 Los Angeles Lakers

* Clinch 7th with a victory.
* Clinch 8th with a loss combined with a Utah loss.
* Out of playoffs with a loss combined with a Utah victory.

TheyCallMePro
04-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Guys I have a stupid question...how do I get my next sentence down to the next level of the text, like where there's a space in-between two lines or paragraphs? Pressing enter doesn't work and it won't let me click down there.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I strongly disagree. The Spurs issues this year haven't really been defending opposing big men.

Their defense isn't the issue. I'm not really worried about Howard/Gasol offensively.

I'm worried that the Lakers have the ability to take away Manu with Artest and pack the paint on TP to force guys like Green/Kawhi/Neal make big shots.

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Their defense isn't the issue. I'm not really worried about Howard/Gasol offensively.

I'm worried that the Lakers have the ability to take away Manu with Artest and pack the paint on TP to force guys like Green/Kawhi/Neal make big shots.

Give Manu some padded headgear and a nose guard and he should be safe from Artest.

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kobe-shaq.jpg

BatManu20
04-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Well I certainly don't fear LA in the 1st round, even if we are playing terribly. Without Kobe, they just aren't scary to me. Dwight and Gasol are tough, but no way Blake shoots lights out like he did last game for a whole series. I say we beat em in 5 or 6.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 12:56 AM
I still stand by my opinion of resting players not helping at all. TD is the only one who should get some rest every now and then, but no one else on the team should be resting at all if they are healthy enough to play.

Pop is a fucking retard of a coach.

Keep fucking coaching with FEAR Pop, keep coaching and instilling that FEAR into your players. You really know how to bring down your own fucking team.

I still want to know what happened between Jax and Pop. For all I know, Jack called out Pop for all the same things I am calling him out about.

I agree with you, I used to be the biggest POP fan and he was untouchable to me and a genius to me! Now he is just a dumbass at times and overthinks shit and his rotations at times to me are just retarded! You can tell tonight BTW, BONNER IN AS SF! He is setting us up for that in the playoffs and more BONNER! I think he thinks it will work this time! He is that stubborn and stupid for a while now. I am sure Jax called him out on some things, he and his ego could not handle it! I bet he did just that.

Something us fans say all the time in here is probably something he said! Instead of just blowing off the media with his holy art though attitude he usually uses he got mad and then eventually CUT Jax off this team. I would bet it does go along those lines and his stupid ass rotations we all bitch over.

Ditty
04-16-2013, 12:57 AM
Spurs will probably sweep Houston or take them to 5 games the most if Pop put Leonard on Harden on defense. Yeah the Spurs are playing like shit, but I have confidence that the guys will put on a solid performance in the 1st round. After that is up in the air depending if we get Boris back, and our role players show up.

John B
Well the Spurs blew their chance to send the Lakers packing, they could get another chance in the playoff. No way Blake orchestrate a series win against the Spurs. Who would be their goto guy? Howard? He has to shoot his freethrows first. It's still OKC vs Spurs in the WCF. Book it.

DPG21920
For those saying "no way Blake shoots like that...", what do you think Pau will shoot as poorly as he did?

jestersmash
04-16-2013, 12:58 AM

Game doesn't even have to be close. GSW would've blown them out were it not for the 50 to 16 free throw advantage, of which dwight received 22, of which he was legitimately fouled for maybe 16 of those attempts (8 times).

Ditty
04-16-2013, 12:58 AM
I agree with you, I used to be the biggest POP fan and he was untouchable to me and a genius to me! Now he is just a dumbass at times and overthinks shit and his rotations at times to me are just retarded! You can tell tonight BTW, BONNER IN AS SF! He is setting us up for that in the playoffs and more BONNER! I think he thinks it will work this time! He is that stubborn and stupid for a while now. I am sure Jax called him out on some things, he and his ego could not handle it! I bet he did just that.

Something us fans say all the time in here is probably something he said! Instead of just blowing off the media with his holy art though attitude he usually uses he got mad and then eventually CUT Jax off this team. I would bet it does go along those lines and his stupid ass rotations we all bitch over.

Amen :toast

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Spurs will probably sweep Houston or take them to 5 games the most if Pop put Leonard on Harden on defense. Yeah the Spurs are playing like shit, but I have confidence that the guys will put on a solid performance in the 1st round. After that is up in the air depending if we get Boris back, and our role players show up.

We might end up facing LA man......... Not so fast on Houston yet.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2013, 01:00 AM
If Parker is healthy and has his speed, Spurs beat LA in 5..

If he's as slow as he was last night, it'll be a 6 or 7-game toss-up, tbh..

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Amen :toast

You sure Jax didn't cum in Pop's mouth? Pop doesn't look like the guy that would put up with that gay shit; looks like my homophobic grandfather.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 01:05 AM
I honestly don't think Pop plays TP/TD/Manu in the final game. Sure it'll be nice to get rhythm but an injury to either one of those and the Spurs are cooked tbh.

You say whatever you want, but Pop was clearly avoiding the Lakers these last couple of weeks. I think he'll be too paranoid to play any of them and I can't say i blame him tbh.

spurraider21
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
For those saying "no way Blake shoots like that...", what do you think Pau will shoot as poorly as he did?

You expect people to regress to the mean.

For the Lakers: Blake won't be as good, Pau won't be as bad.

For the Spurs: TP won't be as bad, Kawhi Leonard won't be as bad, Manu will be playing for whatever that's worth. Nobody on the Spurs overachieved during the Lakers game.

I think Pop plays everybody during Portland, but the key cogs will be on a strict minute limit, probably between 15-25

DesignatedT
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM

I don't see Parker shooting 1-10 again either. and fwiw the last two post-seasons Pau has not been that impressive shooting the ball % wise.

spurs1990
04-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Spurs in 6 at worst tbh.

Just don't see this Spurs team throwing away the season like that.

Hoops Czar
04-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Lakers are licking their chops

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 01:38 AM
I pray to Jeebus that Lakers get Spurs first round. I still like the Spurs chances, but there's a chance to beat them right now. There's 0% chance to beat OKC.

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 01:47 AM
I pray to Jeebus that Lakers get Spurs first round. I still like the Spurs chances, but there's a chance to beat them right now. There's 0% chance to beat OKC.

Not necessarily. If Artest finally loses it and attacks and maims Kevin Durant during the playoffs they might have a chance.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l-2YJ-q6dQI/TbgQil5JxbI/AAAAAAAAADc/IdlDhCEEg3s/s1600/ron-artest.jpg

lefty20
04-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Bring on the Lakers, because that means our path to :lobt2: is likely gonna be Dwight, Curry, KD and LBJ. Pretty easy, tbh.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 01:58 AM
Lakers are licking their chops

Yeah, too bad they don't have K Bryant out there...... Since they are licking their chops.

rmt
04-16-2013, 02:07 AM
LAL are a bad matchup for the Spurs especially with Diaw down. Howard can play heavy minutes. Gasol plays more minutes than Duncan much less Splitter. The pace of the games have been dictated by LAL - slow as molasses. A last minute 3 by Green won an 84-82 game 1. Next, Spurs win by 3. Last, LAL 91-86. Their games are slow-down, physical games - in which case, LAL will get the benefit of the whistle.

Hoops Czar
04-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Yeah, too bad they don't have K Bryant out there...... Since they are licking their chops.

They lost by two points in LA when Green sank a game winning three, by three points in SA with Gasol, Dwight and Hill sidelined and won outright without their starting point guard and star of the team. They ARE licking their chops.

baseline bum
04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Rockets just lost to the worst team in the West in a game they needed to win. The Kobeless Lakers are a better team than them tbh. With the whistles LA is going to get, I'd put HOU's chances of winning the game at least than 20% tbh.

It'll be nice if they pull out the W but i don't see it happening.

Eh, Scola and Dragic got hot one night trying to fuck their previous team over. I mean worthless Steve Smith once dropped 36 in a revenge game against Portland after they traded his sorry ass for DA. It happens

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200111030POR.html

Johnny RIngo
04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
They lost by two points in LA when Green sank a game winning three, by three points in SA with Gasol, Dwight and Hill sidelined and won outright without their starting point guard and star of the team. They ARE licking their chops.

That second game was irrelevant tbqh. Spurs were up by like 16 with a couple minutes left. Lakers just chucked a lot of threes in garbage time so the score seemed closer than it actually was. Same thing happened in one of the Mav games this year - SA was up by nearly twenty and Mavs scored a shitload of points in the last three minutes but ended up losing anyway.

But yeah, SA played pretty bad against LA in nearly every game but you can't use the injury excuse for LA and pretend SA was healthy every game.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 02:28 AM

Yeah, where is your fucking Cavs team now since you talk so much shit? They are what? You are a guest here but you talk so much shit all the time like you are a fan or care about the Spurs. Get the fuck outta here man, your team is some shit.

ruxpin810
04-16-2013, 02:42 AM
I honestly don't have anything against the spurs. I think pop is the best coach out there right now. I did lose a little respect for him with the hack-a-Dwight in the 3rd period ;-) but you guys are dead wrong about the lakers getting all the calls, especially this season. They do lead the league in ft attempts per game but only by 0.8, 27.8 with the thunder at 27.0. You would think with Kobe and hack-a-Dwight it would be way more than that. In the 3 games vs the spurs the lakers have averaged 23 attempts, 2 more than the spurs avg for the season, and that was with Dwight shooting 17 fts in the last game. So contrary to popular belief, the lakers are not the darlings of the nba. They would've secured a playoff spot by now if that were true. Instead it will come down to the last day of the season. I'm definitely hoping for the 7th spot to play the sspurs because that gives us a better chance. I know, be careful what you ask for. I wouldn't be surprised if the lakers get swept. But should be a fun series ;-)

BatManu20
04-16-2013, 03:12 AM
We'll beat the Lakers.. I actually want them now. I mean obviously I'd prefer them not to make the playoffs, just cause it'd be hilarious, but since they're going to, I want to play them now. The Spurs aren't ringing this year. They're just not. So let's take the best consolation prize there is by sending the Lakers home in the first round. They don't scare me without Kobe, even with as crappy as we've been playing. They may win a game or two, but they're not beating us in a 7 game series. So let's send their asses home, shall we? :hungry:

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 03:12 AM
I honestly don't have anything against the spurs. I think pop is the best coach out there right now. I did lose a little respect for him with the hack-a-Dwight in the 3rd period ;-) but you guys are dead wrong about the lakers getting all the calls, especially this season. They do lead the league in ft attempts per game but only by 0.8, 27.8 with the thunder at 27.0. You would think with Kobe and hack-a-Dwight it would be way more than that. In the 3 games vs the spurs the lakers have averaged 23 attempts, 2 more than the spurs avg for the season, and that was with Dwight shooting 17 fts in the last game. So contrary to popular belief, the lakers are not the darlings of the nba. They would've secured a playoff spot by now if that were true. Instead it will come down to the last day of the season. I'm definitely hoping for the 7th spot to play the sspurs because that gives us a better chance. I know, be careful what you ask for. I wouldn't be surprised if the lakers get swept. But should be a fun series ;-)

Most fans out there I talked to, said I heard LA was getting calls now and they are getting this or that! This is not even Spurs town here in VA! They just came up and talked about it! Said LA is getting calls now to make the playoffs and I heard this or that, you know something is up when you start hearing that there. Like I said I am in VA and three or four said this to me! I just blew it off and said a few things, but they might be right being they are not Spurs fans etc. I agree on a thing or two you said, but they do get calls, Stern wants them in the playoffs and we all know that, he LA is his money maker!

LkrFan
04-16-2013, 03:17 AM
What the fuuuuck, spurs can not get a break!
:lol

therealtruth
04-16-2013, 04:04 AM
You expect people to regress to the mean.

For the Lakers: Blake won't be as good, Pau won't be as bad.

For the Spurs: TP won't be as bad, Kawhi Leonard won't be as bad, Manu will be playing for whatever that's worth. Nobody on the Spurs overachieved during the Lakers game.

I think Pop plays everybody during Portland, but the key cogs will be on a strict minute limit, probably between 15-25

Regressing to the mean doesn't save you when you're playing bad defense or allowing a team to get hot.

Dro210
04-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Beating the Lakers won't mean shit without Kobe, it's just a fact.... No consolation in that this year. Honestly takes the fun out of it and just makes it to where on the crazy chance they do pull off an upset, we'll never hear the end of it.

With that said, Lakers lose on Wednesday... if not, I'll have my broom ready. :flag:

rascal
04-16-2013, 04:48 AM

Why would the lakers want to avoid the Spurs? The spurs are a mess now.

rascal
04-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Most fans out there I talked to, said I heard LA was getting calls now and they are getting this or that! This is not even Spurs town here in VA! They just came up and talked about it! Said LA is getting calls now to make the playoffs and I heard this or that, you know something is up when you start hearing that there. Like I said I am in VA and three or four said this to me! I just blew it off and said a few things, but they might be right being they are not Spurs fans etc. I agree on a thing or two you said, but they do get calls, Stern wants them in the playoffs and we all know that, he LA is his money maker!

The Spurs would be bad for the NBA and ratings. Nobody wants to see the Spurs, the same tired team that has won in the past.

therealtruth
04-16-2013, 05:07 AM
All that tanking doesn't even guarantee the Spurs won't face the Lakers.

benefactor
04-16-2013, 05:35 AM
No Kobe and Pringles on the other bench holding the clipboard and you guys are still afraid of the Lakers?

I'll ELE bet with anyone on this board that they win the series. Loser leaves until the start of the season next year...effective immediately after the series ends.

spurraider21
04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Regressing to the mean doesn't save you when you're playing bad defense or allowing a team to get hot.

spurs are still 3rd in defensive rating lol. so i guess thats exactly what it means

temujin
04-16-2013, 06:54 AM
The worst aspect of Spurs facing the Lakers is the coming of LA posters on this forum.

The best, I will save ILP PO money this year, not paying Stern to watch Joey Crawfords, Bill Kennedys and his cronies.

heyheymymy
04-16-2013, 07:07 AM
so we are hoping mem beats utah, lal beats hou, and gs beats por.

this puts lal at the 8 seed vs okc, hou a 7 seed and gs a 6 seed, and gives the spurs a hou > gs/den > okc route.

this also gives okc a lal > mem/lac > sas route that is decidedly more difficult, imo, tbh.

correct me if im wrong

Bruno
04-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Warriors, Lakers and Rockets have all different qualities and flaws but, at the end, I'm not sure one would be an easier opponent for Spurs. These three teams are relatively low quality first round opponent and, if Spurs can get back close their pre-ASG level, they will easily advance.

A week ago, I didn't want Spurs facing Lakers because they had a scary upside but Kobe out remove their ability to be a potentially great team.

Budkin
04-16-2013, 08:04 AM
so we are hoping mem beats utah, lal beats hou, and gs beats por.

this puts lal at the 8 seed vs okc, hou a 7 seed and gs a 6 seed, and gives the spurs a hou > gs/den > okc route.

this also gives okc a lal > mem/lac > sas route that is decidedly more difficult, imo, tbh.

correct me if im wrong

If LA beats Houston and GS beats Portland we play LA

tmtcsc
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
This has become sad and pathetic. People in this forum still don't want to face the wicked witch in the West. KOBE IS NOT GOING TO PLAY! The Lakers defense is horrible, they have NO chemistry and are suffering through their worst year in over a decade. Are you serious??

I hope we get to face the Lakers and I'll be pulling for them to beat the Rockets on Wednesday. People in this forum need to snap. The Spurs are skidding in to the playoffs and barely lost to them the other night. THEY ARE AWFUL!

Hoops Czar
04-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, where is your fucking Cavs team now since you talk so much shit? They are what? You are a guest here but you talk so much shit all the time like you are a fan or care about the Spurs. Get the fuck outta here man, your team is some shit.
We're all guests here so you might want to back off your mighty high horse before you give yourself hernia. I can barely unerstand a friggn post of yours, but I do the best to try to decipher each of your coded messages. To my reckon, you seem to be offended by my Cavs upbringing, I can assure you that if I didn't care about the Spurs, I wouldn't be here. As for their record, I'm not a blind squirrel searching for acorns so you don't have to point it out so bluntly and I don't talk shit about them because this isn't a Cavs forum. Now do yourself a favor. Get out a pen and paper and write that down because I'm sick and tired of havng to repeat myself to you every couple of weeks.

Bruno
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
And BTW, if you don't know it, Spurs playoffs will start Sunday for Spurs because there is a hockey game Saturday at the AT&T Center.

To me, it's a good news because it will give Parker and Ginobili an extra day to be in better shape. The negative side of it is that the opponent, who will have to fight until the last game for their playoffs seed, shouldn't be too tired.

ohmwrecker
04-16-2013, 08:38 AM
What are the odds on Manu breaking his arm vs the T'wolves?

cd021
04-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Yep, more than likely that's who we'll get. This is looking more and more like a rehash of 2011...

That memphis was young, athletic and could play defense and had two dominant bigs. How does this Lakers team resemble that one exactly?

cd021
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
What are the odds on Manu breaking his arm vs the T'wolves?

50/50 and he isn't even gonna play.

cd021
04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
And BTW, if you don't know it, Spurs playoffs will start Sunday for Spurs because there is a hockey game Saturday at the AT&T Center.

To me, it's a good news because it will give Parker and Ginobili an extra day to be in better shape. The negative side of it is that the opponent, who will have to fight until the last game for their playoffs seed, shouldn't be too tired.

I always hated the 1st round schedule finale usually on Wednesday and don't play again until Sunday and then again on Wednesday. This year with injuries to Parker, Manu, & Diaw it can't hurt then to have even more time to recover.

Seventyniner
04-16-2013, 09:10 AM

I don't think there's that big of a difference between 2 and 3 days rest for the opponent. Especially if it's Houston due to the short trip.

Monkeyboy14
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
But lakers can! Lakers actually catch a pretty huge break with a kobe injury tbh

elec99
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
C'mon. If we can't beat a laker team w/o kobe then we have no business challenging okc. You're talking about a team whose role players are now going to be asked for starter-like contributions and whose emotional leader is gone.

Dwight - I'll take him any day over Bynum. He's a great center but will be shooting fts, he'll make some and he'll miss some. We took a 60% ft shooter to less than 50% so I'd say the strategy worked. Don't say the strategy didn't work just because we couldn't defend or score when we needed to.

Gasol - He's always been our weak point since he can play inside and outside but if he continues to play like the gasol of 2012-2013 it would be nice.

Artest - here's your x factor, you don't know what you'll get from him. He defended Kawai pretty well but he can also be a detriment on his team if he doesnt bring his D.

Blake - yeah he can be speedy for an injured parker, but he's not gonna have another 20 pt half, so where's the scoring going to come from?

Houston - Don't dismiss their last game, they don't want to play okc in the first anymore than lakers wan't to miss the POs.

No one's sweeping anyone here, but give Pop some credit, he practically owns Dantoni.

We lost a reg season game that required a 20 pt half from blake and it was still close. Blake is not gonna go superstar in the POs again, just like parker is not gonna go 1 of 10 again.

daslicer
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Losing to the lakers would suck big time even more worse then being upset by the Warrior or Houston. If the spurs lose to the lakers you would never hear the end of it from the media and their retarded fans. It would also hurt from a pride stand point Losing to the Lakers is like losing to your worst enemy. I just shudder at the thought of it. If the spurs win this series it will only be a pyrrhic victory in the sense that they will be too banged up to win the next series due to taking a toll on their bodies from the lakers dirty physical play. This is a series where we are really going to miss Jax considering he was the only guy Artest feared on our team now that is gone look for Artest to start taking cheap shots again at our perimeter players. We will also miss Diaw because due to his size Gasol has a hard time posting him up. I truly hate this match up.

Spur|n|Austin
04-16-2013, 11:10 AM
All three teams would equate to winning rounds for us; people that are scared need to go to church.

superjames1992
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
LOL, some of you guys are pathetic. Scared of the Fakers? Really?!?!?!

This isn't the Lakers of 2004 or even 2009. These are the Fakers, the biggest joke in the NBA. WE WILL BURY THEM.

dunkman
04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
The league will allow the Lakers win the game, because its better the Lakers have a long series or pass to second round. OKC will sweep them easily, while the Spurs have injuries and aren't playing well.

The OKC vs Rockets matchup is also more marketable, as Harden was a Thunder last season.

bus driver
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
who cares,
if the lakers win then all it means is that the tshirt fans can wear a koby jersey one more week until the get knocked out.

Legacy
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
who cares,
if the lakers win then all it means is that the tshirt fans can wear a koby jersey one more week until the get knocked out.

:lmao

04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
this is good news, nothing like a series against the lakers to get the big 3 fired up. would also love to see the spurs be the ones eliminating the lakers' $100 million team.

since neither houston nor the lakers want to face OKC in the first round, i expect both teams to go all out.

bklynspursfan
04-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Parker could use the series against Nash to get him back into form. That'd be perfect. And Pop could use the series against Mike D to sharpen his coaching skills

Horse
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Who the fuck cares? At this point the lakers without kobe is probably our best matchup. Duncan did his thing against howard and gaysol. He almost beat them by himself. Do you think we'll keep shooting under 40% or dickhead blake will ever play that well again?

FromWayDowntown
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
That memphis was young, athletic and could play defense and had two dominant bigs. How does this Lakers team resemble that one exactly?

Both have a Gasol.

Captivus
04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Assuming the Spurs cant sweep Houston or consider that series an easy win, I want the Lakers.
Both teams are good, having said that I want the challenge, I want the Lakers.

loveforthegame
04-16-2013, 01:10 PM
As bad as the Spurs are playing to end the season I'm tired of the defeatist attitude. I'm ready for these playoffs to start and see them kick some butt.

cd021
04-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Both have a Gasol.

You got me there.

elemento
04-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Honestly, if SA can't beat LA without Kobe, then they don't fucking deserve to win the title. Seriously, whoever they face in the 1st round, they have the obligation to beat them. All those bottom teams in the West (GS, Houston or LA) are not that good.

chapnis
04-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Honestly, if SA can't beat LA without Kobe, then they don't fucking deserve to win the title. Seriously, whoever they face in the 1st round, they have the obligation to beat them. All those bottom teams in the West (GS, Houston or LA) are not that good.

Still, they're much better than the bottom teams in the East!

Man In Black
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Bruce Bowen has an opinion should the Spurs meet the Lakers in Round 1
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9182690

At the 25 minute mark.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I think the Lakers would be an easy out for San Antonio. With Kobe out, the Spurs should be able to knock them out in 5. SA played like crap on Sunday and were still in the game late in the 4th.

I'd prefer the Lakers over any other first round possiblity.

kobyz
04-17-2013, 01:32 PM
what more important for us to focus on his to hope Denver win tonight and get the third seed, we need to look at the second round also and to hope we don't get the Clippers who are the most dangerous and strong team to meet, should wish OKC get them!

MR-Clutch
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
what more important for us to focus on his to hope Denver win tonight and get the third seed, we need to look at the second round also and to hope we don't get the Clippers who are the most dangerous and strong team to meet, should wish OKC get them!

I would rather play the clippers than Denver.

Budkin
04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
I've thought about it and actually think the Lakers minus Kobe is our best matchup, only because Houston has Harden who always kills us, and the Warriors have a bunch of players that turn into all stars against the Spurs. Oh yeah, and Stephen Curry. If Parker is anywhere near healthy he will run circles around Nash and Blake. Plus no Kobe to go HAM on us at the end of games? Bring that shit on! We've only ever eliminated them twice and we owe them one.

Josepatches_
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM
I'd say Lakers will be a better team without Kobe. They will be a team

hater
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
I think the Lakers would be an easy out for San Antonio. With Kobe out, the Spurs should be able to knock them out in 5. SA played like crap on Sunday and were still in the game late in the 4th.

I'd prefer the Lakers over any other first round possiblity.

cosign. lakers are like jackson 5 without MJ. They and the Dantonio system will get terribly exposed in playoffs(if they make it). they are not going to win more than 1 playoff game vs anyone.

what really worries me is facing Houston or GS in the 1st round :wow

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2013, 03:58 PM

Solid D
04-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Rockets should be all-in against the Lakers...since a W means they avoid OKC.

Solid D
04-17-2013, 05:52 PM
At least the Spurs have beaten the Lakers in the playoffs before. They have never won a playoffs series vs. the Rockets (0-3).

Dex
04-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Lakers are going to get massive help from the refs tonight. Not only will Stern want to ensure they make the playoffs, but I'm sure he would much rather they face the Spurs, who are pretty universally viewed as the easier matchup. Imagine the media hubbub if the Lakers made it to the Semi-Finals, and took out the rating-killer Spurs along the way?

As a Spurs fan, I don't think it matters. I'm expecting a Spurs-Lakers first round, and I expect the Spurs to advance. But I'm also expecting the fix to be in for the Lakers game tonight.

Solid D
04-17-2013, 06:03 PM
If that's the case, Dex, then Harden's FT attempts should be half their normal number (10.1 per game : NBA Rank #1)

Dex
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
If that's the case, Dex, then Harden's FT attempts should be half their normal number.

So like...in the 25-30 range?

Solid D
04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Haha

rascal
04-17-2013, 06:42 PM

A healthy laker team would have destroyed the Spurs in 5 games. The Spurs are a good matchup for the lakers. The only way the Spurs beat the lakers is with the big break of having Kobe go down, which they now have.
The Spurs as constructed( too small, lacking in overall athleticism, too soft on the frontline) are a great regular season team, nothing more.

rascal
04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
The first healthy team from the Clippers, Memphis or OK City that plays the Spurs, the Spurs go down.

therealtruth
04-17-2013, 09:05 PM
The way the Spurs are playing right now no matchup is a good matchup.

BatManu20
04-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Spurs may very well be a 1st round exit tbh. We just started playing by far our worst bball of the year at the worst time possible. Injuries obviously a huge part of that. What are you gonna do.. life goes on. Miami-OKC Finals again. Miami in 5, again.