PDA

View Full Version : NBA: IF THE LAKERS BEAT THE ROCKETS = SPURS VS LAKERS in the 1st round

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
But if the Lakers lose and Utah wins= Lakers will be out of the Playoffs

Discuss

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Upset for the ages. Calling it now.

Fpoonsie
04-15-2013, 11:46 PM
OTOH, if the Rox beat the Lakers and Utah beats Memphis, LA is outta tha playoffs.

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh, making a statement now:

If the Spurs find a way to lose to the Kobe-less Lakers in the 1st round, I'm turning in my Spurs fan card, all rings, and other accomplishments. I will remain a Tim Duncan fan, even if he turns in a poor performance, but if that pocked marked asshole figures out a way to lose, which will probably be a result of a vintage Tony Parker chokejob, this organization can go fuck themselves.

Double-Up
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
OTOH, if the Rox beat the Lakers and Utah beats Memphis, LA is outta tha playoffs.

Indeed.

JingleJangleJingle
04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Lakers will shatter the record for most FTA in a series.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I Will be $370 richer

Bynumite
04-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Wish i could see a final Kobe vs Duncan showdown but it's time to unleash the Los Angeles Magic tbh :lol If everything goes according to plan of course.

Trainwreck2100
04-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Wow phoenix helped themselves by winning and making the rockets have to win to stay away from the thunder, and if the rockets win then Phoenix gets their lottery pick

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Wish i could see a final Kobe vs Duncan showdown but it's time to unleash the Los Angeles Magic tbh :lol If everything goes according to plan of course.
[2] Should be a fun series

midnightpulp
04-15-2013, 11:57 PM

Dwight/Gasol vs. Duncan is the more interesting matchup anyway. It's not like Kobe and Duncan would be d-ing each other up out there on the perimeter.

Robz4000
04-15-2013, 11:58 PM
The Rockets are not beating the Lakers. Can't believe how well this works out for Stern. He'll get his Thunder/Lakers WCF after all.

ElNono
04-15-2013, 11:58 PM
lol Pop
lol maneuvering to avoid the Lakeshow and still landing them
lol Phil Jackson leaving indelible scars

Monkeyboy14
04-15-2013, 11:59 PM
if Lakers beat the rockets, then portland beats the warriors, would we play the warriors?

Brunodf
04-15-2013, 11:59 PM
lol Pop
This:lmao

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 12:00 AM
The Rockets are not beating the Lakers. Can't believe how well this works out for Stern. He'll get his Thunder/Lakers WCF after all.

I also think he wanted Harden vs. OKC in the 1st round, for the potential storylines there. Spurs vs. Lakers is always a marquee matchup, and will likely go at least 6 games, as opposed to the Lakers getting swept by the Thunder. That said, there was no rigging going on tonight in Phoenix. The Rockets are just flat terrible on defense.

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 12:01 AM
if Lakers beat the rockets, then portland beats the warriors, would we play the warriors?
No, Warriors will be #6 seed

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 12:02 AM
lol Pop

If he fucks this up, it'll be the most embarrassing moment in Spurs history.

And to rescue us from potential disaster:

Tony Parker

We're fucked.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Please God let it be Lakers V Spurs first round. I dont want to see OKC in round 1.

Splits
04-16-2013, 12:05 AM
This board is going to be in full meltdown mode for the next two weeks on both sides. You thought Faker fan crawled out of the woodwork when they had a chance to make the playoffs? Just wait for the stupid train to hit ST in 3... 2... 1...

Robz4000
04-16-2013, 12:05 AM
I also think he wanted Harden vs. OKC in the 1st round, for the potential storylines there. Spurs vs. Lakers is always a marquee matchup, and will likely go at least 6 games, as opposed to the Lakers getting swept by the Thunder. That said, there was no rigging going on tonight in Phoenix. The Rockets are just flat terrible on defense.

Maybe not, but Stern is still grinning like crazy. He's goin out with a really fat paycheck.

spurraider21
04-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Good. I've been saying this all along. Either I want the Lakers to miss the playoffs just for the lulz, but if they make it, I want the glory of bending them over. All this talk of the tough matchup or whatever is BS. All this talk of Parker having to be our hero = we're doomed makes me laugh, since the Lakers will need Blake or some shit to be their hero. 5 game series at best

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:10 AM
If he fucks this up, it'll be the most embarrassing moment in Spurs history.

And to rescue us from potential disaster:

Tony Parker

We're fucked.

Agreed. Thankfully Tim Duncan is still on the team. Hopefully his play can offset the inevitable chokejob from TP/Manu.

Thread
04-16-2013, 12:11 AM
since the Lakers will need Blake

Oh, Lord.

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 12:13 AM
This shit gonna be funny

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 12:13 AM

You're high. If the Spurs don't get their shit together in a week they're going to get swept by a Kobeless Lakers.

Thread
04-16-2013, 12:16 AM
You're high. If the Spurs don't get their shit together in a week they're going to get swept by a Kobeless Lakers.

They'll run us to death and hack Howard to death.

Though at least you haven't got Jackson to scare Blake out of his wits.

DPG21920
04-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Spurs should still beat LA. Prob would be a damn solid series if TP is hobbled & Manu too, but Spurs should win.

Fergie The Florists
04-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Spurs should be hoping for the Lakers tbh. Great chance to give Manu and Parker much needed time to heal for the Semis.

Ice009
04-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Well all you guys that were ragging on Kobe's injury, looks like it's already going to come back to kick your asses.

I told you guys the other day to stop talking shit about his injury.

If Pop was trying to avoid the Lakers and also with his resting of players throughout the season, then I was right all along. Nothing good really comes from doing any of that shit. What stupid fucking decisions by Pop. Apart from resting TD every now and then, no one else should have been getting any rest if they were healthy enough to play.

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Lakers without Kobe= Spurs in 6
Lakers with Kobe = Spurs in 5

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 12:28 AM
I don't know man... The Lakers seem to have more flow with Kobe out, they're still surprisingly deadly. And don't get me wrong, I ain't ragging on Kobe, dude is a beast and a warrior, but he seems to be causing more trouble than he's currently worth.

Jt.ONE
04-16-2013, 12:32 AM
memphis has nothing to play for right? = rest starters = utah win?

Venti Quattro
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM

We're hoping they're interested enough to play for R1 HCA.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:37 AM
It'd be very entertaining 1st round matchup. Neither team is going to win a championship, at least they get a chance at the SpursTalk championship tbh :lol

Bynumite
04-16-2013, 12:41 AM
I don't know man... The Lakers seem to have more flow with Kobe out, they're still surprisingly deadly. And don't get me wrong, I ain't ragging on Kobe, dude is a beast and a warrior, but he seems to be causing more trouble than he's currently worth.

One game without Kobe is a small sample size. I'm waiting to see the Lakers play a young, talented, athletic team that is not currently melting down before jumping to conclusions.

The Rockets should be a nice test with both teams playing for their lives.

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 12:43 AM

In a perfect world yes. And nothing against you guys, I just really, really, really, realllllllllllllllly hate Dwight Howard. Like to a point where it's irrational.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35935880.jpg

Thread
04-16-2013, 12:49 AM
One game without Kobe is a small sample size. I'm waiting to see the Lakers play a young, talented, athletic team that is not currently melting down before jumping to conclusions.

The Rockets should be a nice test with both teams playing for their lives.

mite

Mugen
04-16-2013, 12:58 AM

You and me both know the Lakers are the most fortunate franchise in league history but i just don't see it happening tbh. I think the Spurs take it in 5 if Parker is even at 80%.

If either Kobe were playing or Phil was coaching instead of tweeting, then Pop/TP/Manu would have most likely shit the bed tbh. But the fact that it's D'Antoni and Jodie fucking Meeks out there, I don't even think Pop's nuts can shrivel up that much even if it's against LA.

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
It'd be very entertaining 1st round matchup. Neither team is going to win a championship, at least they get a chance at the SpursTalk championship tbh :lol
Agreed

irishock
04-16-2013, 01:16 AM
TV records for the Mexican-American demographic would shatter tbh

Latarian Milton
04-16-2013, 01:28 AM
memphis can rest all their starts against utah and refs will still make them win the game, for the sake of the lakers imho

Thread
04-16-2013, 01:29 AM
You and me both know the Lakers are the most fortunate franchise in league history but i just don't see it happening tbh. I think the Spurs take it in 5 if Parker is even at 80%.

If either Kobe were playing or Phil was coaching instead of tweeting, then Pop/TP/Manu would have most likely shit the bed tbh. But the fact that it's D'Antoni and Jodie fucking Meeks out there, I don't even think Pop's nuts can shrivel up that much even if it's against LA.

Exactly. WTF would stop you? Howard? Gasol? Blake? We got one guy who knows his way around a game of professional basketball who can function from tip to horn: Artest.

Thread
04-16-2013, 01:30 AM
memphis can rest all their starts against utah and refs will still make them win the game, for the sake of the lakers imho

Well, we're gonna need it, because McHale will have those humps lit higher than a kite. Jesus Christ, it'll be the like the assholes across the hall all over again.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Exactly. WTF would stop you? Howard? Gasol? Blake? We got one guy who knows his way around a game of professional basketball who can function from tip to horn: Artest.

Parker (choker) and Manu (made of glass)

Thread
04-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Parker (choker) and Manu (made of glass)

You won't need Manu and Parker will come out spittin' nails. You've nothing to fear. We're safe. Pop knows that. He's going right after Howard and right at Gasol.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 01:40 AM
You won't need Manu and Parker will come out spittin' nails. You've nothing to fear. We're safe. Pop knows that. He's going right after Howard and right at Gasol.

I do, actually. I don't trust our guys, even the Shit Bag who I'm not sure can play like he did last night over an entire series.

Furthermore, the Lakers have naught to lose and everything to gain. No expectations now sans Bryant. I know you don't do injuries, but your fellas on here will insulate themselves from defeat by citing the Kobe injury. We, however, have everything to lose.

Monster1776
04-16-2013, 01:43 AM
TV records for the Mexican-American demographic would shatter tbh

They have TV's?

Thread
04-16-2013, 01:45 AM
I do, actually. I don't trust our guys, even the Shit Bag who I'm not sure can play like he did last night over an entire series.

Furthermore, the Lakers have naught to lose and everything to gain. No expectations now sans Bryant. I know you don't do injuries, but your fellas on here will insulate themselves from defeat by citing the Kobe injury. We, however, have everything to lose.

But, they don't even know that. It'll be a free for all. Howard hasn't clue how to approach a situation like this. And Gasol is no better. Artest will just want to be left alone to do his own thing and Blake will keep checking to make sure Jackson really is hanging from the waiver wire. We're kaput, Midst. You'll beat us like I beat Katie. Speaking of which, I'm hittin' the couch-a-rooney. I'm falling asleep sittin' here at the CPU.

Night fellows. You too, Midst, my old pal.

baseline bum
04-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Well all you guys that were ragging on Kobe's injury, looks like it's already going to come back to kick your asses.

If Pop was trying to avoid the Lakers and also with his resting of players throughout the season, then I was right all along. Nothing good really comes from doing any of that shit. What stupid fucking decisions by Pop. Apart from resting TD every now and then, no one else should have been getting any rest if they were healthy enough to play.

:cry Oh my god, it's going to be my fault if the Spurs blow the first round! :cry
:cry Why did I call Kobe a faggot and wish AIDS on him? :cry
:cry Duncan will pay for my sins :cry

baseline bum
04-16-2013, 01:57 AM
:cry I'm sorry jeebus :cry
:cry Kobe didn't rape :cry

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 03:55 AM
:lol2009/2011

Killakobe81
04-16-2013, 05:41 AM
Spurs should still beat LA. Prob would be a damn solid series if TP is hobbled & Manu too, but Spurs should win.

This. And if we only win 1 or 2 games let it be Games 1 & 3 just to see you cowards squirm ...for a week ...

rayjayjohnson
04-16-2013, 05:56 AM

Yep, talking shit had a huge effect on that...

fuckhead

Captivus
04-16-2013, 07:26 AM
I wanted the Spurs to get the #1seed and Utah with no chance, on order to see: Who wants it less!?
That would be a fun game, Lakers - Houston,both trying to out tank each other to avoid the 2#seed OKC.

UZER
04-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Despite the Spurs looking awful right now, they have no business losing to the Lakers.
But if they do, then Pop should finally catch the wrath he has been deserving for the last 5 years of stupid coaching, personnel moves, letting TP take over the franchise, and letting Duncan finish his career next to Bonner/Blair in the playoffs year after year.

Killakobe81
04-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Well look all Spurstalk titles and trashtalk aside, sans Kobe, I dont see how LAkers win. Though they controlled that game the other night, they were at home with more at stake. Best case they take 2 games and Make you soulless bastards sweat before you move on, Worst case is a sweep. Smart $ (assuming Parker is close to 100%) and Manu is back is Spurs in 5 ...

Cully may talk crazy sometimes but despite his parroting ...he really broke it down yesterday. Who can the Lakers realistically count on in a series against the Spurs?! Howard has the athleticism and talent but Duncan is superior in every way ... especially mentally ... if he does not outplay Dwight he will at least offset his contributions. Blake can't keep up what he did the other night and who knows what we will get out of Steve Nash? Meeks, Clark, Jamison are sometimesy and Pau still needs to prove his Playoff demons of recent seasons are exorcised. MWP heart is always willing but he is always one false step away from the looney bin. All that being said a win Wednesday and Im proud of this team. I never thought they were championship caliber so if the make playoffs with all the injuries, media attention and Dwight drama an abysmal season still ends on a small positive despite Kobe's ruptured Achilles.

Dont get me wrong I still want to beat you punks and a loss will still sting ... but again it wasnt my $100 million ...and if Kobe hadnt destroyed his body we would not even have a shot at the playoffs.

A laker series win is improbable and would be a HUGE upset tbh ...
I cant believe that morons that would argue Spurs would be favored to beat the Spurs with Kobe actually believe they have a shot without him.

Not to mention the coaching disadvantage ...
I may change by this weekend but my gut tells me Spurs in 5 if it happens ...

Oh and no excuses no whining from me, if we lose Ill be here to take my medicine ...

ShinerBlack
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Despite the Spurs looking awful right now, they have no business losing to the Lakers.
But if they do, then Pop should finally catch the wrath he has been deserving for the last 5 years of stupid coaching, personnel moves, letting TP take over the franchise, and letting Duncan finish his career next to Bonner/Blair in the playoffs year after year.

+1

JRHernandez88
04-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Good. I've been saying this all along. Either I want the Lakers to miss the playoffs just for the lulz, but if they make it, I want the glory of bending them over. All this talk of the tough matchup or whatever is BS. All this talk of Parker having to be our hero = we're doomed makes me laugh, since the Lakers will need Blake or some shit to be their hero. 5 game series at bestthis.

all these guys were ragging on the lakers earlier in the season & now yal are already bent over waiting. Fucking fags.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Well look all Spurstalk titles aside sans Kobe I dont see how LAkers win. Though they controlled that game the other night, they were at home with more at stake. Best case they take 2 games and Make you soulless bastards sweat before you move on, Worst case is a sweep. Smart $ (assuming Parker is close to 100%) and Manu is back is Spurs in 5 ...

Cully may talk crazy sometimes but despite his parroting ...he really broke it down yesterday. Who can the Lakers relistically count on in a series against the Spurs?! Howard has the athleticism but duncan is superior in every way especially mentally and if he does not outplay Dwight he will at least offset his contributions. Blake can't keep up what he did the other night and who knows what we will get out of Steve Nash ...Meeks, Clark are sometimesy and Pau still needs to prove his Playoff demons of recent seasons are exorcised.

I cant believe that morons that would argue Spurs would be favored to beat the Spurs with Kobe actually believe they have a shot without him.

All logic says the Spurs should win the series. But something deeper lurks beneath surface. The Spurs morale seems at an all-time low, and I'm not entirely convinced Tony Parker can feast on the poor point guard defense that has plagued the Lakers all year. He looked shaken Monday, as if he had flashbacks of '04, which rendered him unable to function. A usual theme with him against the Lakers.

And despite my tongue-in-cheek commentary about how Howard isn't "ready" for Duncan, I just can't see Duncan performing at a high level over a playoff series against the Gasol/Howard tandem. Not at this point in his career. Furthermore, since the insertion of Splitter into the starting lineup, the Spurs went from a high-powered, fluid offensive team to something of a "grit-and-grind" manifestation, and as I've been saying all year, those are the teams the Lakers match up with the best (as evidenced by the Indiana win without Kobe, and the most recent Memphis win). With Parker hobbled and scared and Mr. Glass wearing a 3 piece suit more than his Spurs uniform these days, we don't have the perimeter speed to exploit the Lakers biggest weaknesses. If most of these contests bog down into half-court wars of attrition, the Lakers have a great chance at an upset.

Not confident. At all. And this isn't cynicism speaking. If the pre-All Star break Spurs were rolling into this series, I'd be talking shit about how you're getting swept. But these Spurs are a far, far cry from those Spurs.

100%duncan
04-16-2013, 08:24 AM
There's nothing to discuss. :hat

Killakobe81
04-16-2013, 08:26 AM
All logic says the Spurs should win the series. But something deeper lurks beneath surface. The Spurs morale seems at an all-time low, and I'm not entirely convinced Tony Parker can feast on the poor point guard defense that has plagued the Lakers all year. He looked shaken Monday, as if he had flashbacks of '04, which rendered him unable to function. A usual theme with him against the Lakers.

And despite my tongue-in-cheek commentary about how Howard isn't "ready" for Duncan, I just can't see Duncan performing at a high level over a playoff series against the Gasol/Howard tandem. Not at this point in his career. Furthermore, since the insertion of Splitter into the starting lineup, the Spurs went from a high-powered, fluid offensive team to something of a "grit-and-grind" manifestation, and as I've been saying all year, those are the teams the Lakers match up with the best (as evidenced by the Indiana win without Kobe, and the most recent Memphis win). With Parker hobbled and scared and Mr. Glass wearing a 3 piece suit more than his Spurs uniform these days, we don't have the perimeter speed to exploit the Lakers biggest weaknesses. If most of these contests bog down into half-court wars of attrition, the Lakers have a great chance at an upset.

Not confident. At all. And this isn't cynicism speaking. If the pre-All Star break Spurs were rolling into this series, I'd be talking shit about how you're getting swept. But these Spurs are a far, far cry from those Spurs.

Valid points and maybe my team surprises me ... but I doubt it. We have 2 high points left this year I'm afraid: Hopefully a win to clinch playoffs Wednesday (if Utah wins vs. Grizz) and I hope at least one playoff win against the Spurs, hopefully on the road cuz I just might drive down to the AT&T ...I wont lie Im a diehard but not having Kobe might make me stay home and watch it in HD on My 51 inch Samsung ...I have tried to watch Lakers at least once every year no matter where I lived ...and I caught them here at the AAC beat dem Mavs ... But with no Kobe and with this team? I prayed for Spurs Lakers series for the last 5 years and we have one to show for it and now no Kobe ...

After such a crap year though I will take it and anything win we get is gravy ...I will still talk noise and will engage you haters ... but just dont see how this plays out different.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Please God let it be Lakers V Spurs first round. I dont want to see OKC in round 1.

The lady laying on bench in your sig...is she sick with diarrhea?

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Well look all Spurstalk titles and trashtalk aside, sans Kobe, I dont see how LAkers win. Though they controlled that game the other night, they were at home with more at stake. Best case they take 2 games and Make you soulless bastards sweat before you move on, Worst case is a sweep. Smart $ (assuming Parker is close to 100%) and Manu is back is Spurs in 5 ...

Cully may talk crazy sometimes but despite his parroting ...he really broke it down yesterday. Who can the Lakers realistically count on in a series against the Spurs?! Howard has the athleticism and talent but Duncan is superior in every way ... especially mentally ... if he does not outplay Dwight he will at least offset his contributions. Blake can't keep up what he did the other night and who knows what we will get out of Steve Nash? Meeks, Clark, Jamison are sometimesy and Pau still needs to prove his Playoff demons of recent seasons are exorcised. MWP heart is always willing but he is always one false step away from the looney bin. All that being said a win Wednesday and Im proud of this team. I never thought they were championship caliber so if the make playoffs with all the injuries, media attention and Dwight drama an abysmal season still ends on a small positive despite Kobe's ruptured Achilles.

Dont get me wrong I still want to beat you punks and a loss will still sting ... but again it wasnt my $100 million ...and if Kobe hadnt destroyed his body we would not even have a shot at the playoffs.

Oh and no excuses no whining from me, if we lose Ill be here to take my medicine ...

You're over analyzing things....Gasol proved last game he cannot function without Kobe...Blake is our secret weapon and with Kobe gone Nash will get the chance to his point guard self minus the foot speed. If we get in and play the Spurs I think we'll win...losing to a Kobe less team would push Duncan right out of the top 10 (if he was ever there to begin with) Kobe going down really saved his legacy and kept it intact...now we can deify him until his return...But if Duncan loses with the same coach and pretty much same core he will take TOSB to a whole nother level

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
You're over analyzing things....Gasol proved last game he cannot function without Kobe...Blake is our secret weapon and with Kobe gone Nash will get the chance to his point guard self minus the foot speed. If we get in and play the Spurs I think we'll win...losing to a Kobe less team would push Duncan right out of the top 10 (if he was ever there to begin with) Kobe going down really saved his legacy and kept it intact...now we can deify him until his return...But if Duncan loses with the same coach and pretty much same core he will take TOSB to a whole nother level

Losing playoff series are team failures.

But I understand how bad you need that to happen. Your faggot brain is only concerned with the Kobe/Duncan comparison and nothing else.

Spurs9
04-16-2013, 08:58 AM
I hope we play the Lakers for the sake of entertainment from how this board would be.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 09:05 AM

I can play that game too. If the Kobe-less Lakers beat the 2nd seed Spurs, it pretty much invalidates Kobe's previous wins over them and serves to demonstrate the kind of stacked rosters Kobe's played on over his career. Gasol will also be vindicated and proven to be a more important piece to Kobe's championship count than Kobe fans give him credit for. Meanwhile, Dwight will take the torch as the face of the franchise and Kobe will be become an afterthought.

ohmwrecker
04-16-2013, 09:12 AM

But I understand how bad you need that to happen. Your faggot brain is only concerned with the Kobe/Duncan comparison and nothing else.

That's because he knows absolutely nothing about basketball.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I can play that game too. If the Kobe-less Lakers beat the 2nd seed Spurs, it pretty much invalidates Kobe's previous wins over them and serves to demonstrate the kind of stacked rosters Kobe's played on over his career. Gasol will also be vindicated and proven to be a more important piece to Kobe's championship count than Kobe fans give him credit for. Meanwhile, Dwight will take the torch as the face of the franchise and Kobe will be become an afterthought.

So how would it invalidate Kobe's previous wins if he actually won it when neither Gasol or Dwight was on the roster at the time...:lol....Kobe never beat the Spurs enroute to a title with Dwight or Pau on his team so your point is invalid. If beating the Spurs mean Kobe's teammates will have validated their contributions..I'm happy about that...very happy as long as it denigrates Duncan's...Denigrating his accomplishments is the key :lol

If he loses to a Kobe Less Lakers....it will prove just what a TOSB he is...he's an allstar and the greastest PF ever to play with a solid team and one of the greatest coaches in NBA history. You guys have 2 current All-stars we only have 1 and barely...so now the balance of legacy on the line clearly shifts back to Duncan...

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE]So how would it invalidate Kobe's previous wins if he actually won it when neither Gasol or Dwight was on the roster at the time...:lol....Kobe never beat the Spurs enroute to a title with Dwight or Pau on his team so your point is invalid. If beating the Spurs mean Kobe's teammates will have validated their contributions..I'm happy about that...very happy as long as it denigrates Duncan's...Denigrating his accomplishments is the key :lol

Shaq was the leader when the Lakers beat the Spurs in 3 peat days. Kobe has one win over the Spurs as the man. And if the Kobe-less Lakers beat the Spurs, it invalidates his previous win and vindicates Gasol.

(note: I don't really believe that. I'm just throwing your retarded, chimp brain logic back into your face).

If he loses to a Kobe Less Lakers....it will prove just what a TOSB he is...he's an allstar and the greastest PF ever to play with a solid team and one of the greatest coaches in NBA history. You guys have 2 current All-stars we only have 1 and barely...so now the balance of legacy on the line clearly shifts back to Duncan...

So if Duncan averages 25 and 12 on 50% and loses the series, but his supporting cast folds, who do we blame?

But I again, I understand why you're so concerned with Duncan losing and using a series loss in this case to "denigrate" his accomplishments. Anything to make you feel better about:::

3>2

ohmwrecker
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Almost an hour of research time.

CavsSuperFan
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
If the Kobe-less Lakers beat the 2nd seed Spurs, it pretty much invalidates Kobe's previous wins.

I disagree…If the Lakers beat the Thunder or Spurs it just proves how remarkable Kobe really is…He inspires & wills his team to victory, even from a hospital bed. I am begining to think that there is nothing Kobe can not do…

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I disagree…If the Lakers beat the Thunder or Spurs it just proves how remarkable Kobe really is…He inspires & wills his team to victory, even from a hospital bed. I am begining to think that there is nothing Kobe can not do…

Funny thing is, Kool will actually spin it that way.

Won't you, Kool?

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=Koolaid_Man;6484006]

Shaq was the leader when the Lakers beat the Spurs in 3 peat days. Kobe has one win over the Spurs as the man. And if the Kobe-less Lakers beat the Spurs, it invalidates his previous win and vindicates Gasol.

(note: I don't really believe that. I'm just throwing your retarded, chimp brain logic back into your face).

So if Duncan averages 25 and 12 on 50% and loses the series, but his supporting cast folds, who do we blame?

But I again, I understand why you're so concerned with Duncan losing and using a series loss in this case to "denigrate" his accomplishments. Anything to make you feel better about:::

3>2

Let's not get into another ShaKobe debate...stay focused on the topic mid....

(note: I don't really believe that. I'm just throwing your retarded, chimp brain logic back into your face). :lol of course you do..you're bout as nervous as a crack head in a straight jacket...

If Dwight and Gasol get us past the Spurs I'll willingly give Gasol equal billing...not a problem. even though he won't have any finals MVP awards to go along with that validation...:lol point is Duncan's legacy is on the line..he just willed his team to basically what amounts to the best record in the West another marvelous season for the Spurs....a top seed...and to lose again to a team that according to your logic shouldn't be in the play-offs (knock on wood) would be disastrous for him...

He's an All-Star...been well rested, injury free, has his HOF head coach, has his all-star PG, and has who has multiple titles...whereas the Lakers have no one on their team with titles except Gasol and Artest with 1..

this will be EPIC if Timmy loses to Gasol....Gasol is not even an Allstar....

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=midnightpulp;6484015]

Let's not get into another ShaKobe debate...stay focused on the topic mid....

:lol of course you do..you're bout as nervous as a crack head in a straight jacket...

If Dwight and Gasol get us past the Spurs I'll willingly give Gasol equal billing...not a problem. even though he won't have any finals MVP awards to go along with that validation...:lol point is Duncan's legacy is on the line..he just willed his team to basically what amounts to the best record in the West another marvelous season for the Spurs....a top seed...and to lose again to a team that according to your logic shouldn't be in the play-offs (knock on wood) would be disastrous for him...

He's an All-Star...been well rested, injury free, has his HOF head coach, has his all-star PG, and has who has multiple titles...whereas the Lakers have no one on their team with titles except Gasol and Artest with 1..

this will be EPIC if Timmy loses to Gasol....Gasol is not even an Allstar....

Playoff series losses are team failures.

But feel free to indulge. I know how badly you need any and all ammunition against Duncan to try and vainly offset the real count, which is:

3>2

And the Spurs losing to the Lakers won't close that gap one iota. Sorry.

On a side note, your Duncan obsession is pretty severe. I thought I was bad with my Kobe hate, but fuck Christ, you're off the charts. 4>3 traumatized you pretty badly, didn't it?

Furthermore, I think I'm retiring from Kobe vs. Duncan. Doesn't have the same feel with Kobe sidelined with the one of the most severe injuries in sports. Just not the same now.

As I told Killakobe when he asked me if a Duncan victory over Kobe would've been sweet:

Duncan winning over Kobe would've been sweet for trolling purposes, but not much else, since 1) Wins are team accomplishments, 2) Duncan and Kobe aren't really rivals, despite the comparisons we make between them on here. As Kobe said: "Duncan was Shaq's rival. I had no rival, because there wasn't another wing at my level."

And any Spurs fan will tell you in those days, Shaq was the guy we wanted Duncan to beat. After Duncan beat the Nets and recorded a near-quad double, I trolled Lakers fans saying, "Duncan was better than Shaq ever was."

Duncan vs. Kobe is pretty much a Spurs talk phenomenon. No one really cares about it outside our enclace (even LG doesn't give a shit about it. They talk more about Kobe vs. Lebron/Wade than Kobe vs. Tim Duncan) because, as we all know, NBA player rivalries are always separated into perimeter player/bigman. Magic vs. Bird/Kevin Johnson/Isiah, West vs. Hondo, Jordan vs. Drexler/Nique, Durant vs. Lebron (perimeter players), Wilt vs. Russell, David vs. Dream, Ewing vs. Zo, Shaq vs. Duncan (bigs).

Sadly, Kobe never had his perimeter player rival. Past his prime by the time Lebron and Durant reached theirs. And T-Mac/Vince/Ray Allen just were never able to reach his level. T-Mac could have, but poor work ethic/injuries got the best of him.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
All I know Mid is that if Duncan loses to Gasol without Kobe he takes legacy hits across the board...in my view he drops from 15th to about 20...

This would be is tailor made series for him, home court advantage, he's healthy and has Parker and Manu, has good supporting bigs, a solid bench, he's surrounded by youth and talent, a HOF coach...coming off a superb season...

Let's see what he does with it....if he fails you're finished around here Mid....

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
All I know Mid is that if Duncan loses to Gasol without Kobe he takes legacy hits across the board...in my view he drops from 15th to about 20...

This would be is tailor made series for him, home court advantage, he's healthy and has Parker and Manu, has good supporting bigs, a solid bench, he's surrounded by youth and talent, a HOF coach...coming off a superb season...

Let's see what he does with it....if he fails you're finished around here Mid....

Same old redundant shit. But I understand how important to your psyche the Duncan/Kobe dynamic is, so feel free to drop him from 15 to 20, a ranking I find funny because nobody should care that much about the 15th best player of all-time and constantly, constantly compare him to the player they think is the 2nd best player of all-time. It's like a Jordan fan being overly concerned with Isiah Thomas.

You were more interesting when you were actually talking basketball yesterday morning, leaving your Duncan obsession out if it.

Sportcamper
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Long Beach Press-Telegram:

Before Saturday's practice, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak shared with the team a 30-second video on his cell phone that showed Bryant outlining how the Lakers could win their 17th NBA championship without their star because of a torn left Achilles tendon that will sideline him at least six to nine months.

"It was classic Kobe with the way he inspired us," Lakers reserve guard Darius Morris recalled. "Mitch brought a video of him right before he went into surgery just telling us we know we have to do. Just go out there and get it done."

http://www.presstelegram.com/rss/ci_23033913?source=rss

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Same old redundant shit. But I understand how important to your psyche the Duncan/Kobe dynamic is, so feel free to drop him from 15 to 20, a ranking I find funny because nobody should care that much about the 15th best player of all-time and constantly, constantly compare him to the player they think is the 2nd best player of all-time. It's like a Jordan fan being overly concerned with Isiah Thomas.

You were more interesting when you were actually talking basketball yesterday morning, leaving your Duncan obsession out if it.
Mid..you often ignore the obvious....so I will leave the debate and topic alone since I know that you know that I know that if he loses to Gasol all of your arguments go out the window...but under one condition...answer the following question.

do you think he's gay....see article I just bumped..factor in the tramp stamp as well

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Mid..you often ignore the obvious....so I will leave the debate and topic alone since I know that you know that I know that if he loses to Gasol all of your arguments go out the window...but under one condition...answer the following question.

do you think he's gay....see article I just bumped..factor in the tramp stamp as well

No they don't.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
No they don't.

A newsflash I've been saving up for you...:lol...so if you have a more dominant personal stats and your team loses in the finals or has a losing regular season do you win the MVP?

Can you name a player who had the most dominant stats in the finals , their team lost and yet that person won the MVP...Can you also think of a person that's won the award with a losing regular season record?

If not doesn't that mean MVP awards finals or regular season are also team accomplishments?

Mid your ass I need you to do something with it right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZB4jcPmFGo

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Mid..now I'm just gonna be mean and pour a cocktail mix of rubbing alcohol and salt in your wounds...

even with his MVP awards Duncan relies on his teammates more so than anyone else.. why? because he's a big man and big men cannot bring the ball up the court (go coast to coast) and score on their man...further proving my point but it's makes Duncan's "individual" awards as you call them even more suspect...because if his teammates don't pass him the ball he simple cannot score...Kobe does't need his teammates to pass him the ball to score. :downspin:

04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
eliminating the lakers' $100 million team would be a great consolation prize for the spurs.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Mid..now I'm just gonna be mean and pour a cocktail mix of rubbing alcohol and salt in your wounds...

even with his MVP awards Duncan relies on his teammates more so than anyone else.. why? because he's a big man and big men cannot bring the ball up the court (go coast to coast) and score on their man...further proving my point but it's makes Duncan's "individual" awards as you call them even more suspect...because if his teammates don't pass him the ball he simple cannot score...Kobe does't need his teammates to pass him the ball to score. :downspin:
So big men are automatically disqualified from all awards now because their teammates need to create for them? Guess that means Shaq, Russell, Hakeem, Kareem, Moses Malone, etc. are scrubs in your world?

Damn, you're retarded :lol

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
A newsflash I've been saving up for you...:lol...so if you have a more dominant personal stats and your team loses in the finals or has a losing regular season do you win the MVP?

Can you name a player who had the most dominant stats in the finals , their team lost and yet that person won the MVP...Can you also think of a person that's won the award with a losing regular season record?

If not doesn't that mean MVP awards finals or regular season are also team accomplishments?

Mid your ass I need you to do something with it right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZB4jcPmFGo

Jerry West won a Finals MVP in a losing effort.

I believe the best overall player in the Finals should win the MVP, regardless if their team wins or loses, but that won't happen because it isn't really politically correct to give the player on the losing team Finals MVP.

And yes, since it's now a requisite to be on the winning team to win a Finals MVP or a good team to win a regular season MVP, they are something of a team accomplishment, less so than rings, but team success does factor into their awarding. That's why I'm about done with player vs. player debates. So many factors outside an individual player's control can determine their "legacy." Pippen doesn't show up in Chicago, we're not talking about Jordan as the GOAT right now. The Lakers don't win their coin flip to draft Magic, he doesn't have 5 rings. Etc, etc.

It's a team game and we should really be arguing team vs. team. We've been at this Kobe vs. Duncan, Lebron vs. Kobe, player vs. player bullshit for 3 years now. We've approached the debate from every conceivable angle and then some. Time to retire it and move onto something else.

And in addition to the argument growing stale, Kobe tearing his Achilles killed my enthusiasm for this shit.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Already heard that argument from you.

As I said:

We've been at this Kobe vs. Duncan, Lebron vs. Kobe, player vs. player bullshit for 3 years now. We've approached the debate from every conceivable angle and then some. Time to retire it and move onto something else.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
So big men are automatically disqualified from all awards now because their teammates need to create for them? Guess that means Shaq, Russell, Hakeem, Kareem, Moses Malone, etc. are scrubs in your world?

Damn, you're retarded :lol

so let me ask you a question Einstein?

where did I say that? :lol

listen up dubya - yes they can get them but when they do it means in it's purest form it's more of team award.... because as a big man they're pretty much limited in scoring (after being fed) and defending (certain specific areas) Big men such as Duncan cannot score beyond certain areas of the basket nor can they defend 95 ft from coast to coast..since they don't posses the skill or foot speed.

Again a big man winning the award is a true team accomplishment

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:33 PM

I believe the best overall player in the Finals should win the MVP, regardless if their team wins or loses, but that won't happen because it isn't really politically correct to give the player on the losing team Finals MVP.

And yes, since it's now a requisite to be on the winning team to win a Finals MVP or a good team to win a regular season MVP, they are something of a team accomplishment, less so than rings, but team success does factor into their awarding. That's why I'm about done with player vs. player debates. So many factors outside an individual player's control can determine their "legacy." Pippen doesn't show up in Chicago, we're not talking about Jordan as the GOAT right now. The Lakers don't win their coin flip to draft Magic, he doesn't have 5 rings. Etc, etc.

It's a team game and we should really be arguing team vs. team. We've been at this Kobe vs. Duncan, Lebron vs. Kobe, player vs. player bullshit for 3 years now. We've approached the debate from every conceivable angle and then some. Time to retire it and move onto something else.

And in addition to the argument growing stale, Kobe tearing his Achilles killed my enthusiasm for this shit.

Jerry West? lol you reached deep for that one....

but I suspect you're tired of the argument because if Duncan loses to Gasol the Mexicans and Spaniards will stick all kinds os chalupas up your ass - lol

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:36 PM

That's why I'm about done with player vs. player debates. So many factors outside an individual player's control can determine their "legacy." Pippen doesn't show up in Chicago, we're not talking about Jordan as the GOAT right now. The Lakers don't win their coin flip to draft Magic, he doesn't have 5 rings. Etc, etc.

and if the Spurs don't take in 98 they don't have 3.5 rings :lol

Killakobe81
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
eliminating the lakers' $100 million team would be a great consolation prize for the spurs.

Correction $70 mill but still says Lakers on the front ...

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:38 PM
everyone take notice please...Kool has beaten Mid into submission...now all someone has to do is start a thread entitled:

"If Duncan Loses To The Kobe-Less Lakers How Does It Affect His Legacy" :lol

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Jerry West? lol you reached deep for that one....

but I suspect you're tired of the argument because if Duncan loses to Gasol the Mexicans and Spaniards will stick all kinds os chalupas up your ass - lol

No, I'm tired of the argument because it's boring.

But I understand your need for it. You're more obsessed with Duncan than I ever was with Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
No, I'm tired of the argument because it's boring.

But I understand your need for it. You're more obsessed with Duncan than I ever was with Kobe.

ok so I have a question....

"If Duncan Loses To The Kobe-Less Lakers How Does It Affect His Legacy"

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 12:56 PM
ok so I have a question....

"If Duncan Loses To The Kobe-Less Lakers How Does It Affect His Legacy"

Doesn't affect it at all.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 02:54 PM
The lady laying on bench in your sig...is she sick with diarrhea?

C'mon now you handsome devil, you know you shagged her like a minks already.

Fpoonsie
04-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Long Beach Press-Telegram:

Before Saturday's practice, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak shared with the team a 30-second video on his cell phone that showed Bryant outlining how the Lakers could win their 17th NBA championship without their star because of a torn left Achilles tendon that will sideline him at least six to nine months.

"It was classic Kobe with the way he inspired us," Lakers reserve guard Darius Morris recalled. "Mitch brought a video of him right before he went into surgery just telling us we know we have to do. Just go out there and get it done."

http://www.presstelegram.com/rss/ci_23033913?source=rss

Huh. Just took Kobe 30 seconds to explain how LA could 'chip w/o him.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Huh. Just took Kobe 30 seconds to explain how LA could 'chip w/o him.

I just had a vision..it was real weird...a light went off in my head... in all seriousness that the Lakers will win the title this year over Miami....Kobe will be on the sidelines as part of the coaching staff / player...Kobe will play 3 more yrs and finish is career with 7 rings....and sit behind Kareem as 2nd all time in scoring.

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Spurs got this tbh

Brunodf
04-18-2013, 12:27 AM
It's official. Spurs vs Lakers !!!!!!