PDA

View Full Version : relax and enjoy

Brazil
04-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Warriors, Rockets, Lakers....

at this point there are too many question marks about everybody's health to worry about match ups.

Diaw is out
Manu will need 6 games to be back in shape
Tiago is washed up
Tony is the biggest ? dude seems to be fucked up
Green is useless without a close to 100% healthy TP in Offense and his D sucks
Bonner nuff said
No Jax

Globally I don't understand all the freak outs of the site, booooo the Lakers, booooo Warriors are dangerous, boooo Rockets are athletic, boooo we are doomed... Nobody has the minor idea of what kind of Spurs we will find so enjoy and relax, maybe the last PO run with the big 3 even if 2/3 of it is broke.

Duncan is having a hell of a year and will give us chills, that is and that is all

100%duncan
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
This tbh. The unpredictability of the Spurs and of the playoffs excites me.

benstanfield
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Thank you. It seems as if people aren't enjoying the Spurs if they think that our automatic championship chances are somehow in doubt. Playoffs are gonna be a wild fucking ride, so root for your damn team and see wtf happens. Why does our chance of winning a championship have to be reevaluated every game?

davidbowie
04-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Why does our chance of winning a championship have to be reevaluated every game?

amen. i mean are we going to win it all? probably not. but neither will 29 other teams. it's hard to win championships. it's hard to stay healthy. do you people realize how good the spurs have been and for how long. i get it, championship or bust blah blah blah but all that shit is unrealistic. just have fun appreciate the team for what it is and enjoy them in their current state. because one day we will suck. we will not be in the playoffs. we will not win 50 games. and i guarantee you it will not be a fun as it is right now. bring on the lakers. bring on the warriors. bring on okc. bring on any motherfucking team i dont care. go spurs go!

Fabbs
04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
:corn:

Spurs7794
04-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Yeah I agree... except IF (thats a big if) they do lose in the first round, I'll never stop thinking about how health destroyed them this year. Whereas a team like the Lakers have their out now (with Kobe injured) to just go all out and play loose, the Spurs have everything to lose. If healthy, this team was still a lock for the WCF.

Va Spur
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah I agree... except IF (thats a big if) they do lose in the first round, I'll never stop thinking about how health destroyed them this year. Whereas a team like the Lakers have their out now (with Kobe injured) to just go all out and play loose, the Spurs have everything to lose. If healthy, this team was still a lock for the WCF.

If they lose in the first round to either of the 3 teams it will be disappointing. But I think they should beat either of those teams if TP is healthy. Beyond the first round is wide open for everyone and always was-- no one is a lock for the WCF (and we never were either) Everyone has weaknesses and all the teams not named OKC have had to deal with injuries. Lakers have a lot to lose as well (perhaps Howard if they don't make PO and even if they do-- they lost a chance this year and maybe next with Kobe going down).

Spurs7794
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Another thing, unlike other people, I nearly always enjoy the Spurs playoff runs even when they lose (though those are heartbreaking.) One of my favorite series that the Spurs won was in 2010 against the Mavs but everyone considers 2010 a disaster (rightfully so). So I will definitely sit back and enjoy this year but it sucks knowing we're going in to the playoffs not at full strength.

Spurs7794
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Lock for WCF was me exaggerating...but I still think the Spurs and the Thunder, playing at their best were going to meet.
As for the first round, I think our offense will find a way (as long as Parker is not as bad as he looked on Sunday or against OKC a few weeks ago)...but I'm very worried about playing the Lakers and trotting out Bonner and Blair because Diaw is out.
Also, the Lakers season has been a disaster, but once Kobe got injured, thats all people were talking about. I think that if they get into the playoffs, that takes enormous pressure off of them to just go out there and play, knowing that they are the underdogs and aren't expected to do anything.

Va Spur
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
love the post title on this one. While injuries seriously dampen our chances this year, we ought to enjoy this fantastic team-- it's been and still is a long successful run. that said-- trade most things for #5

Va Spur
04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
that's a good point-- they will be looser than most teams in terms of nothing to lose. I think our team is experienced enough not to have added pressure in that particular matchup. I do agree sans Diaw hurts some against as steady dose of Gasol/Howard. I just don't think they have the shooting to stick with us as long as TP is close to 100%

SpursRock20
04-16-2013, 11:12 AM
amen. i mean are we going to win it all? probably not. but neither will 29 other teams. it's hard to win championships. it's hard to stay healthy. do you people realize how good the spurs have been and for how long. i get it, championship or bust blah blah blah but all that shit is unrealistic. just have fun appreciate the team for what it is and enjoy them in their current state. because one day we will suck. we will not be in the playoffs. we will not win 50 games. and i guarantee you it will not be a fun as it is right now. bring on the lakers. bring on the warriors. bring on okc. bring on any motherfucking team i dont care. go spurs go!

This.

DejuanorwhatDude
04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Very big if but as long as the Spurs beat whoever is in front of them with homecourt advantage in the first round, whoever we play in the second round should prove to be about as good as the team as we played in the first round.

Conceivably we could be playing Denver(whos just as injured as we are at this point), Golden State, LAL or Houston.

Long term prospects aren't so bad for the postseason...only if the team wakes up in time for that to happen.

Legacy
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Right. What else can you do during times like these (unless you're a bandwagon fan)? ... Just stay calm and enjoy the ride while it lasts... tis all you can do.

Brazil
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
every other thread there is a new scapegoat, pop, parker, manu, splitter, neal, diaw, green... if you don't like the players, go bandwagon the heat (Lefty opened the San Antonio heat, they are recruiting). They are going to win anyway so it's a safe bet. Midnightpulp is at least clear, if Spurs don't win the first round he will leave the boat... (I won't). The others are just whining and are expecting a 60M$ payroll team lead by 2 guys near 40 y/o, a 30 y/o 6'2 PG and a sophomore will led Green, Neal, Diaw, Bonner, Blair to an easy WCF with the ceiling of challenging the heat because match up is great against them... let me laugh a bit.

What was not expected was to be 1st seed almost all year long, to see a mvp season from Parker, a rejuvenated Duncan and a great group healthy with a good chance to make it till the WCF because west has been pretty weak. Now bad luck, injuries, weaknesses at key positions are catching us and spoiled Spurs fans are melting down. If you want to see big names with big paychecks, teams capable to recruit Hofer big for a peanut bag, door is open Lakers and Heat are full of bandwagonner, this is your place.

if not relax and enjoy

DejuanorwhatDude
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Anyone who jumps ship because the team under performs can get the fuck out. Totally agree w/ Brazil...expectations should be tempered but regardless of what happens I'm going to be a fan.

Fpoonsie
04-16-2013, 01:25 PM

Rofl. The end result of the playoffs is ANYTHING but "unpredictable."

SayTown
04-16-2013, 01:50 PM
If the Spurs make the finals this year I will consider this season a success and be very proud of the team

Brazil
04-16-2013, 01:52 PM
If the Spurs make the finals this year I will consider this season a success and be very proud of the team

and if they loose on the first round ?

Brunodf
04-16-2013, 02:06 PM
People worry too much tbh, when the Spurs was rolling there was some threads asking if the PnR game would translate in the playoffs, now we are barely playing the PnR and the team looks like shit and they are all worried about losing in the 1st round:lol

100%duncan
04-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Rofl. The end result of the playoffs is ANYTHING but "unpredictable."
Then leave the forum. Stop being a hypocrite tbh..

Fpoonsie
04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Then leave the forum. Stop being a hypocrite tbh..

...lolwut?

ThaBigFundamental21
04-16-2013, 09:15 PM
every other thread there is a new scapegoat, pop, parker, manu, splitter, neal, diaw, green... if you don't like the players, go bandwagon the heat (Lefty opened the San Antonio heat, they are recruiting). They are going to win anyway so it's a safe bet. Midnightpulp is at least clear, if Spurs don't win the first round he will leave the boat... (I won't). The others are just whining and are expecting a 60M$ payroll team lead by 2 guys near 40 y/o, a 30 y/o 6'2 PG and a sophomore will led Green, Neal, Diaw, Bonner, Blair to an easy WCF with the ceiling of challenging the heat because match up is great against them... let me laugh a bit.

What was not expected was to be 1st seed almost all year long, to see a mvp season from Parker, a rejuvenated Duncan and a great group healthy with a good chance to make it till the WCF because west has been pretty weak. Now bad luck, injuries, weaknesses at key positions are catching us and spoiled Spurs fans are melting down. If you want to see big names with big paychecks, teams capable to recruit Hofer big for a peanut bag, door is open Lakers and Heat are full of bandwagonner, this is your place.

if not relax and enjoy

People have the right to voice their opinions, pleasures, or displeasure surrounding players on this team. It's part of what makes them fans.

Brazil
04-16-2013, 09:49 PM
People have the right to voice their opinions, pleasures, or displeasure surrounding players on this team. It's part of what makes them fans.

Yeah I have the right to call them out and to suggest them to root for the Lakers they will be happier

ElNono
04-16-2013, 09:58 PM
OP is a faggot, tbh... nobody is surrendering their Spurs fan card before TJastal or rascal anyways...

The fact that people take the time to pen shit up, good or bad, is because they actually care about the team. The bandwagonners left the ship a long time ago.

Different people just have different ways to experience stuff. I can understand soft frenchies just relaxing and swallowing a baguette whole while watching the games. Us Italians, on the other hand, have actual blood in our veins and like to toss remotes to the TV.

It's just different ways to experience the games. There's no right or wrong there, IMO.

TheGoldStandard
04-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Now only if Grant Hill sticks around we'll bring him in during the off season.

Brazil
04-17-2013, 07:52 AM
OP is a faggot, tbh... nobody is surrendering their Spurs fan card before TJastal or rascal anyways...

The fact that people take the time to pen shit up, good or bad, is because they actually care about the team. The bandwagonners left the ship a long time ago.

Different people just have different ways to experience stuff. I can understand soft frenchies just relaxing and swallowing a baguette whole while watching the games. Us Italians, on the other hand, have actual blood in our veins and like to toss remotes to the TV.

It's just different ways to experience the games. There's no right or wrong there, IMO.

First of all faggot, thread has nothing to do with watching games
Secondly the faggot comment is rich coming from a faggot like you proud to be descendant of Italian
Finally :lol Italy

just for good measure an example of Italian faggotry

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMvQm1h0zl9lg0SUvjmTOD1lQAkS5qj 4WxYPH1QC8p208ZWuj9xA

Leetonidas
04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Duncan is going to put up 45/18/6/6 in Game 7 of the WCF...as we lose to OKC. :depressed

I will be enjoying this run because I know we will be seeing some vintage playoff games from Tim Duncan

TampaDude
04-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Duncan is going to put up 45/18/6/6 in Game 7 of the WCF...as we lose to OKC. :depressed

I will be enjoying this run because I know we will be seeing some vintage playoff games from Tim Duncan

Dude...if Timmy puts up 45/18/6/6 in a game, there is NFW we're losing that game.

Phenomanul
04-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Also, there is no way in hell the Spurs lose to a D'Antoni led, Kobe-less Lakers squad... even with a hobbled Spurs team... The peeps dreading that particular match-up have lost their mind.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2013, 10:20 AM

Me as well. Though it's not necessarily unpredictable so to speak, there are a lot of question marks on our team, and I'm excited to see how we react when it really counts.

:flag:

ElNono
04-17-2013, 10:29 AM
First of all faggot, thread has nothing to do with watching games
Secondly the faggot comment is rich coming from a faggot like you proud to be descendant of Italian
Finally :lol Italy

just for good measure an example of Italian faggotry

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMvQm1h0zl9lg0SUvjmTOD1lQAkS5qj 4WxYPH1QC8p208ZWuj9xA

:lol Is that woman pregnant?

Those are mean sandals, tbh

Leetonidas
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Dude...if Timmy puts up 45/18/6/6 in a game, there is NFW we're losing that game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260522024

41/15/6/3 and we lost :depressed Timmy can't do it alone

Brazil
04-17-2013, 01:42 PM
:lol Is that woman pregnant?

Those are mean sandals, tbh

I do believe she is pregnant, the guy must also be pregnant imho. You are right, I thought the most ridiculous was the orange man purse but the sandals are top notch and the blonde is a classy lady.

Morg1411
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Warriors, Rockets, Lakers....

at this point there are too many question marks about everybody's health to worry about match ups.

Diaw is out
Manu will need 6 games to be back in shape
Tiago is washed up
Tony is the biggest ? dude seems to be fucked up
Green is useless without a close to 100% healthy TP in Offense and his D sucks
Bonner nuff said
No Jax

Globally I don't understand all the freak outs of the site, booooo the Lakers, booooo Warriors are dangerous, boooo Rockets are athletic, boooo we are doomed... Nobody has the minor idea of what kind of Spurs we will find so enjoy and relax, maybe the last PO run with the big 3 even if 2/3 of it is broke.

Duncan is having a hell of a year and will give us chills, that is and that is all

:tu

Can't wait for the playoffs. The Jackson waive/TMAC signing has piqued my curiosity once more.

Brazil
04-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Like I said relax and enjoy