PDA

View Full Version : SI: MBTF "energized", ready for a full coddle season

Blake
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
".... Brown joked that he’s “already been fired three times in the last 15 years,” but the calls for his head reached unprecedented levels during last year’s bumpy 9-4 campaign, which included yet another Red River blowout (63-21) at the hands of Oklahoma and an embarrassing Thanksgiving night home loss (20-13) to Big 12 newcomer TCU.

“This place predicates their attitude on basically the A&M and the Oklahoma game,” said Brown over a lunch with two reporters. “Well A&M’s gone, and Oklahoma, we’ve stunk two years in a row, so they’re mad. And that’s fair."

But the scorn of an angry fan base hasn’t dampened the 61-year-old coach’s enthusiasm. If anything, the recently elected AFCA president seems more energized than he did following the ‘Horns’ 2005 BCS championship season, when he required knee replacement surgery, or during their 2009 title-game run, when his then-defensive coordinator, Will Muschamp, carried around the title of head coach in waiting. Retirement seemed closer for him then than it does now

"I’m really having fun,” said Brown. “My buddies worry about me because people are more critical. You know, I’ve had everything bad said about me you can have. Really and truly, I have matured enough, it’s not about me anymore, I really could care less. I don’t care about a legacy; I don’t care about a record. I want to help kids, I want to help football and I want to win all the games. That’s all I want to do.”..........

http://m.si.com/2460819/despite-criticism-mack-brown-energized-for-2013/