PDA

View Full Version : Player Details That Makes You LOL

Alamode
07-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Since we're likely bored and re-watching games, I'm curious if you have noticed any player details that make you lol. For example, I get a kick out of TP biting his tongue most every time he goes for a basket. Or Rasho holding his breath. Or Horry's constant smiling. Or Manu's left-hand ritual before making his free throws. Many of these player details are obvious, what are some less obvious ones?

1Parker1
07-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Tim Duncan sweating up a storm and staring at the basket as if it has a red head and horns every time he's at the FT line :)

Ishta
07-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Nazr putting his hands on his hips before he shoots a free throw is pretty damn funny also!!

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I think it is cute when the guys share a towel as a blanket. Rasho and Beno have on several occasions.

MiNuS
07-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I think it is cute when the guys share a towel as a blanket. Rasho and Beno have on several occasions.
it must be harsh growing up in Slovenia! One Team,One goal,Same sweat.

SWC Bonfire
07-08-2005, 10:03 AM
No, it's One Team, One Goal... one towel. :lol

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 10:07 AM
ROFL! Good one guys! = )

MiNuS
07-08-2005, 10:07 AM
too much hugging and rubbing of heads. Its fine don't get me wrong but by 2010
this is going to get OLD!

Banks91
07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
hey its better head rubbin then ass slappin, which is kinda fruity,
and one ive noticed the spurs dont partake in.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2005, 10:21 AM
jkidd kissing his hand blowin it in the air b4 takin a ft shot, now thats just stupid, is ge testing the windspeed on the court?

spurschick
07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
hey its better head rubbin then ass slappin, which is kinda fruity,
and one ive noticed the spurs dont partake in.

I've seen some Spur ass slappin'. Personally, I don't have a problem with hit. Wish I could participate. :devil

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Hehe! What a team player you are! = )

spurschick
07-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Hehe! What a team player you are! = )

Always will to make the sacrifice for whatever they need.

kskonn
07-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I always think it is funny when Tim bops the Shorter guys on the top of the head when they make a good play. A regular Hi five will not do, he has to hit them on the head like he is testing it to make sure it is not hot.

pache100
07-08-2005, 10:57 AM
I think it's funny that whenever somebody gets hurt on the court, Timmy comes running over and they have to show the injury to him, and he always does this "Wow!" thing with his mouth and eyes. It reminds me of little kids on the playground. There's nothing wrong with it, I just think it's cute.

Solid D
07-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Tim standing at the FT line, nervously moving the ball around in his hands to find the elusive perfect spot for his fingers to rest.

Just find a seam, bend your knees and B.E.E.F.

CalsonicKansei
07-08-2005, 11:23 AM
freakin' Richard Hamilton doing that dumbass side bounce before making a free throw.

nkdlunch
07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Sheed pulling his headband down to his neck when pissed off, about 100 times a game

austinfan
07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
I always get a kick out of how Tim Duncan looks after a foul's been called on him: he gets this expression of incredible disbelief on his face, as if you just told him he'd been suspended for 20 games for some minor bumping. You would think after 8 years in the league he would've gotten used to this whole foul-calling thing. :spin

spurschick
07-08-2005, 11:40 AM
How most players don't shave when they go on the road

CalsonicKansei
07-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Sheed pulling his headband down to his neck when pissed off, about 100 times a game

And how on ABC national television you could see Rashweed cursing, when duncan got the and 1.

usckk
07-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I think Rasho holding his breath is the funniest. Haha

1Parker1
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM

:lol Actually I thought that was a little gay....I mean jeez, it's not like they have to pay for the towels or clean them after...get your own!

usckk
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2003/1202/photo/g_nesterovic_i.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/duncanparker_300_030527.jpg

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/May-02-Sun-2004/photos/sports.jpg

http://www.basket-plus.com/images/Duncan_Kerr.jpg

http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/olympics/2004/basketball/08/27/usa.argentina.ap/p1_duncan.ginobili_ap.jpg

http://i.timeinc.net/TFK/media/news/2002b/020603_nba_ver.jpg

1Parker1
07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
I've seen some Spur ass slappin'. Personally, I don't have a problem with hit. Wish I could participate. :devil

:lol Yea, I wouldn't mind either...you think they'd hire us as professional ass slappers for the Spurs :)

usckk
07-08-2005, 12:12 PM
But, I also think Duncan hitting people on the head is funny as well.

foodie2
07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
My all-time most-hated FT ritual: Karl Malone taking for-fucking-ever on the FT line, mumbling whatever it was he was mumbling. I wish I had all the time back that I have spent over the years watching that fucker wind up to shoot a free throw. I could live another couple of years.

Alamode
07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
My all-time most-hated FT ritual: Karl Malone taking for-fucking-ever on the FT line, mumbling whatever it was he was mumbling. I wish I had all the time back that I have spent over the years watching that fucker wind up to shoot a free throw. I could live another couple of years.

:lol :rollin

We could probably have a whole 'nother thread about crazy FT rituals.

pache100
07-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I thought of another one...Timmy's ritual of hugging and kissing the ball before the game as he walks around the court. It used to always amaze me that the referees gave him the game ball to do that.

Solid D
07-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Quirks at the FT line is timeless in the NBA. It's part routine and part superstition, I suppose. Steve Smith used to have a little ritual. Sean Elliott used to dribble three times.

Back in the day, Don Nelson (with the Celtics) would wipe his wrist bands across his face in exactly the same way per FT attempt.

Elgin Baylor would crouch, extend his arms out in front with the ball, and then slightly jerk his head to the right three or four times in succession in almost a Tourett's Syndrome fashion, and then shoot his FT.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-08-2005, 12:58 PM
steve nash licks his fingers constantly throughout the entire game and during free throws

gross
not really a LOL though

Summers
07-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Horry bounces the ball exactly 5 times before a FT.

Shawn Livingston's head sort of bobbles when he shoots a FT and it's funny as hell.

I love Tim's deer-in-the-headlights look when he's called for a foul (someone already mentioned it); but sometimes, when he knows he got caught, he just puts his head down and grins. :lol

DDS4
07-08-2005, 01:37 PM
None of the Spurs have annoying or funny rituals.

I think KG spraying powder before the tip all over the scorer's table is pretty funny.

Spurologist
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM

Jermaine O'neal does the same thing. I think there's a 10 second rule, but don't think the refs will ever call it. Please shoot the ball.

I think the best are players reactions to calls. Some need alone so they go sit on the announcer's table. Some just smile and touch the referee because they need a hug. Some just go crazy. Some run their anger management drills by taking a deep breath and running up and down the court. Some look they are literally crying. Some like to give fans souvenirs, so they kick the ball into stands or get ejected so they can give the fans their jerseys. Some just scream. Some use friendly words to the refs. They are all great.

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/2181036.jpg

Spurologist
07-08-2005, 02:18 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/image/2001/play/2karl0528.jpg :lol

Timoha
07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Tim patting shorter people on the head, he does it to his Wife too, lol

Manu fixing his hair ALL the time

How Tony says "aggressive" in every interview and calls Tim "Teemy"

Cant_Be_Faded
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
now honestly, how the hell does ira newble get into that position????? did anyone see this game???? im hella curious

Solid D
07-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Tim patting shorter people on the head, he does it to his Wife too, lol

Manu fixing his hair ALL the time

How Tony says "aggressive" in every interview and calls Tim "Teemy"
Not just shorter people Timoha. When the Spurs won Game 7 last month, David Robinson came up behind Timmy and hugged him and Tim turned to see who it was and then patted, or lightly slapped the top of Big Dave's head.

nkdlunch
07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I think KG spraying powder before the tip all over the scorer's table is pretty funny.

MJ wannabe

Timoha
07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Not just shorter people Timoha. When the Spurs won Game 7 last month, David Robinson came up behind Timmy and hugged him and Tim turned to see who it was and then patted, or lightly slapped the top of Big Dave's head.

yah, I saw that

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5772/531420180ba.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=531420180ba.jpg)

(Timmy and David after the game)

ZStomp
07-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Since we're likely bored and re-watching games, I'm curious if you have noticed any player details that make you lol. For example, I get a kick out of TP biting his tongue most every time he goes for a basket. Or Rasho holding his breath. Or Horry's constant smiling. Or Manu's left-hand ritual before making his free throws. Many of these player details are obvious, what are some less obvious ones?

Biting his tongue? Ouch...I would never bite my tongue while I'm playing basketball. You know how much that would hurt. And then getting hit the way he does..I don't think he bites his tongue.

ZStomp
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I always get a kick out of how Tim Duncan looks after a foul's been called on him: he gets this expression of incredible disbelief on his face, as if you just told him he'd been suspended for 20 games for some minor bumping. You would think after 8 years in the league he would've gotten used to this whole foul-calling thing. :spin

I dislike this part about Duncan. Granted, they call fouls on the player when the player didn't commit it but TD makes it seem like HE NEVER fouls. I don't like this part of his game...oh and the free throws.

MiNuS
07-08-2005, 03:02 PM
The one thing that gets my wife & I laughing is when Bowen gets called for a foul and then he raises his hands and shrugs and asking why. He has that innocent yet I thugged you look. FUNNY! In that moment I cant avoid remembering Richard Pryer's funny looking face. Thats smirky Bowen,defending he's own foul calls.Defense all the way!

1Parker1
07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
:lol Damn I can't believe I forgot to mention Manu's constant hair flicking....!

beirmeistr
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Manu's usage of certain words in interviews.
(made up interview:)
reporter: What is your opinion of this victory today in the playoffs?
Manu: It was huge. As long as we stay fuckused and are agressive and play D, we'll be fine.

thekingrobert
07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
its funny after every foul or loose ball Duncan has to touch the ball or hold it b4 giving it to the refs seems like he wants the ball always....Also Van Exel almost out of the free throw line is classic

Spurologist
07-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I dislike this part about Duncan. Granted, they call fouls on the player when the player didn't commit it but TD makes it seem like HE NEVER fouls.

http://www.marca.com/marca_usa/nba/fotos0102/san_antonio_spurs/tim_duncan_020419.jpg :lol

ShoogarBear
07-14-2005, 01:37 PM
My favorite ritual is Tim hoisting the Larry O'Brien Trophy every couple of years or so.

WalterBenitez
07-14-2005, 01:45 PM
:lol Yea, I wouldn't mind either...you think they'd hire us as professional ass slappers for the Spurs :)

:lmao ... such a perfect fan deserve her prize ... :oops (Did I say that!?)

1Parker1
07-14-2005, 03:02 PM
:lmao ... such a perfect fan deserve her prize ... :oops (Did I say that!?)

:lol Hey I'm a loyal fan all the way from the East Coast! I deserve some love from the Spurs in return :princess

WalterBenitez
07-14-2005, 03:10 PM
:lol Hey I'm a loyal fan all the way from the East Coast! I deserve some love from the Spurs in return :princess

for sure ... I just can send you my support :elephant

bigbendbruisebrother
07-14-2005, 04:35 PM
The one thing that gets my wife & I laughing is when Bowen gets called for a foul and then he raises his hands and shrugs and asking why. He has that innocent yet I thugged you look. FUNNY! In that moment I cant avoid remembering Richard Pryer's funny looking face. Thats smirky Bowen,defending he's own foul calls.Defense all the way!

I love the look Bowen doffs when he gets when he gets away with one and the foul gets called on the other guy. I think it was Finals game one or two when he plowed elbow first into Billups near the top of the key and Billups got a blocking foul tagged on him. Bruce continued to sell it by just walking off like he was expecting it the whole time, serious as all get out. I don't know how he kept a straight face, because I was laughing my ass off. Some guys live for dunking, some for big blocks; Bruce lives to annoy the living shit out of the guy he's guarding (or some cases, the guy who is guarding him).

ALVAREZ6
07-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Manu's usage of certain words in interviews.
(made up interview:)
reporter: What is your opinion of this victory today in the playoffs?
Manu: It was huge. As long as we stay fuckused and are agressive and play D, we'll be fine.
:lol

That's so true...

Every single interview..."it was huge"

but it sounds more like "it was uge"