PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac will help the spurs win a title this year (off the bench)

sook
04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't under estimate his playmaking ability...

I will quote this thread after the spurs win their 5th title.

Budkin
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Wow you are really high on him.

sook
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Wow you are really high on him.

As far as playing for any other team and even being a starter, I don't think he can because he is old. But its crazy as hell...the spurs got exactly what they have been missing with all the injuries. His ability to make plays at 6'9" is something that never goes away and he plays very smart. Off the bench for the spurs he will actually play defense too.

I know Rockets fans hate the guy, and I did for a time but all this nonsense about 1st round virgin is just a smokescreen because the spurs just potentially got a whole lot Deadlier. I'm not saying every night. But I guarantee you he will have one of those REALLY big games in the playoffs to help the spurs.

Budkin
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm also a Magic fan so I know his game quite a bit. Seemed like he dropped off a cliff after he left the Rockets. We'll see what he can do though, better than what we have now which is nothing.

sook
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
as an organization it seems the spurs are really shrewed...waiving JAX and signing mcgrady as all the other teams will be buying into that 1st round nonsense.

Kind of like buying a stock at its all time low when it has something to prove and very little to prove. Will be enjoyable to watch if he gets burn.

Double-Up
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Don't under estimate his playmaking ability...

I will quote this thread after the spurs win their 5th title.

Don't underestimate your crack addiction...

sook
04-16-2013, 04:28 PM
i know I'll get called it, just started this thread so I can bump it when it happens.

pad300
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
As far as playing for any other team and even being a starter, I don't think he can because he is old. But its crazy as hell...the spurs got exactly what they have been missing with all the injuries. His ability to make plays at 6'9" is something that never goes away and he plays very smart. Off the bench for the spurs he will actually play defense too.

I know Rockets fans hate the guy, and I did for a time but all this nonsense about 1st round virgin is just a smokescreen because the spurs just potentially got a whole lot Deadlier. I'm not saying every night. But I guarantee you he will have one of those REALLY big games in the playoffs to help the spurs.

I agree with you here especially. Of the guys available, with the exception of D Mcguire, he has by far the best physical profile to give you 5-8 MPG against a Durant or Lebron. He's still freaky long, he's not the athlete he was, but he was awesome when he was younger (think Brent Barry at the Dunk contest vs Spurs BB), and finally, he might still have enough cachet with the refs to get a little respect... because everyone else (available) would just get hosed on foul calls.

Add in his passing and play-making skills, he's the gamble of choice...

TheGoldStandard
04-16-2013, 04:43 PM
T-Mac can still score which is good, he can create his own shot. I'm not saying he's going to play for 20 + minutes and be an all star or look great in every play but he's not afraid to take a shot and he's not going to quit on the team.

djohn2oo8
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
T-Mac can still score which is good, he can create his own shot. I'm not saying he's going to play for 20 + minutes and be an all star or look great in every play but he's not afraid to take a shot and he's not going to quit on the team.

:rollin

Mugen
04-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Only if he pulls a Tonya Harding on LeBron tbh.

TheGoldStandard
04-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Manu must have a time machine, 2003 T Mac and 2005 Manu = success

szkorhetz
04-16-2013, 05:09 PM
I really have that funny feeling that he will start in at least one game in the PO.

milkyway21
04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
another scorer and very good passer...

siraulo23
04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
CIA pop, they now have an excuse if the spurs lose in the 1st round vs lakers/rockets

lefty
04-16-2013, 06:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIAZXBNCcAMiROX.jpg

swaggerjackson
04-16-2013, 06:20 PM
I hope he is a contributor to the second unit, and I do think he could allow us to run some more small ball lineups where he plays at the four. But I am pretty sure he is an insurance policy. Buford literally is quoted as saying he is brought on for depth. He can play heavy minutes against the wolves which means we can rest more guys longer, and if Kawhi goes down in the playoffs (please god no!!!) we have someone who is big enough to guard big threes. If the Spurs thought Tmac would have a large impact on the team, they would have signed him earlier in the season. I am not hating on Tmac, and I like the move. But I don't expect Tmac to come in and have game changing impact (maybe one game).

HI-FI
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
as an organization it seems the spurs are really shrewed...waiving JAX and signing mcgrady as all the other teams will be buying into that 1st round nonsense.

Kind of like buying a stock at its all time low when it has something to prove and very little to prove. Will be enjoyable to watch if he gets burn.
:tu:tu
props Sook for the vote of confidence. I was excited when I saw ace3g's post a minute after he put it up. I still feel good about it. I think TMac still has something to prove and the Spurs desperately need some help. If it doesn't work out, oh well, least we tried. It could be the spark we need at this point.

sook
04-16-2013, 07:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIAZXBNCcAMiROX.jpg

jesus christ I know spurstalk can be someone's worst nightmare in terms of concealing boners due to the sigs...but that sig is just.....godamn.

sook
04-16-2013, 07:08 PM
:tu:tu
props Sook for the vote of confidence. I was excited when I saw ace3g's post a minute after he put it up. I still feel good about it. I think TMac still has something to prove and the Spurs desperately need some help. If it doesn't work out, oh well, least we tried. It could be the spark we need at this point.

Just an honest opinion. The urge for spewing out "Quitter!! Its all your fault!" may be there but I try to avoid biased opinions. :lol

therealtruth
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Tmac might finally get out of the first round or the Spurs just made a big mistake.

SilverSpur
04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I like it. This guy always killed us at the end if games. I really hope he's past his injuries and still has that deadly shot from outside. I really want him to succeed. What I really like is that the Spurs are the most talented team he has played on and he wont have to be THE MAN on every play.
Tony Parker penetrating an dishing out to him is the first thing I am looking for.
Good signing and shows the Spurs are always looking to improve.