PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Word on the street is Nash is done for the year

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Atleast according to Dr. Klapper who is the ESPN radio doctor and also one of the most accurate at describing time tables for sports injuries. Says he will miss about 2 months with the injuries he has now. Checked Lakernation and LG to see if it was true, they confirmed that he looks about done for the year.

Thread
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
He couldn't finish here twice and quit in Texas. No surprise in CA..

D12
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
We're doing fine without him. Let us proceed.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
He couldn't finish here twice and quit in Texas. No surprise in CA..

He's been a huge EPIC fail this year. I was really meh about the Lakers acquiring him because he looked like a tired old shit bag.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Thank Christ.

Believe it or not, I was worried about Child Dodger, even with his poor history against the Spurs. And having one less shooter really hurts the Lakers, especially one of Nash's caliber.

Thread
04-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Believe it or not, I was worried about Child Dodger

I'll just bet you were.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Thank Christ.

Believe it or not, I was worried about Child Dodger, even with his poor history against the Spurs. And having one less shooter really hurts the Lakers, especially one of Nash's caliber.

Lakers and Spurs are done. These young Mandingos like the Nuggets, OKC, Miami are just too fast for them old Lakers and Spurs. I just want to see Lakers V Spurs because it's like watching Rocky V Apollo Creed 1 last time.

jeebus
04-16-2013, 10:43 PM
det Laker training staff :lol

look for Blake to choke tomorrow though. hypocrisy, I know :cry but it is written

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Lakers and Spurs are done. These young Mandingos like the Nuggets, OKC, Miami are just too fast for them old Lakers and Spurs. I just want to see Lakers V Spurs because it's like watching Rocky V Apollo Creed 1 last time.

Indeed.

But you folks do indeed have a chance at getting the last laugh with a Lakers upset over the Spurs.

And I fully expect that happen. This season has gone too perfectly for Spurfan Lakers haters.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Indeed.

But you folks do indeed have a chance at getting the last laugh with a Lakers upset over the Spurs.

And I fully expect that happen. This season has gone too perfectly for Spurfan Lakers haters.

I would love to see that...my favorite part will be when all the LG fans will celebrate thinking that Spurstalk is in depression when in reality 80% of spurstalk are Laker fans that hate LG.

Thread
04-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Indeed.

Look at ya insulating yourself to loss.

Crawl, motherfucker. Crawl!

Relevancy
Time for Steve the killa

whitemamba
Thank Christ.

thats bull shit. You were the one of a few posters I can remember talking the most shit on the Nash trade. Defensive liability , tosb, makes us worse etc...

Stop spinning shit pulp. Your better than that.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
We're doing fine without him. Let us proceed.

Bullshit. That monkey in your avatar needs to shooters to function.

Lol at counting on Artest, Morris, Duhon, Blake (inb4 joke about his shooting against the Spurs), and Clark to consistently knock down 3s to give the chimp the spacing he needs and protect him from double teams.

Fergie The Florists
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
And?? They only have a game left.

Relevancy
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
The thought of Blake being out there when the game is tight just disgusts me.

D12
04-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Bullshit. That monkey in your avatar needs to shooters to function.

Lol at counting on Artest, Morris, Duhon, Blake (inb4 joke about his shooting against the Spurs), and Clark to consistently knock down 3s to give the chimp the spacing he needs and protect him from double teams.
Lol at you feeling relief at our injured team

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
thats bull shit. You were the one of a few posters I can remember talking the most shit on the Nash trade. Defensive liability , tosb, makes us worse etc...

Stop spinning shit pulp. Your better than that.

Before the Kobe injury, brother.

Now that the team has been retrofitted around Dwight Howard, Nash's loss will be felt.

In addition to that, me criticizing Nash doesn't mean I'd rather see him starting than Blake.

Thread
The thought of Blake being out there when the game is tight just disgusts me.

I'll just bet it does.

Thread

Now that the team has been retrofitted around Dwight Howard, Nash's loss will be felt.

In addition to that, me criticizing Nash doesn't mean I'd rather see him starting than Blake.

Midst, gettin' his dishonest on again.

Relevancy
04-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Who will give the Lakers offense, Artest?

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Midst, gettin' his dishonest on again.

Nope.

Thread
04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Nope.

You sack a shit. He just put the screws to ya and you lied your ass off to save yourself.

Bullshitter, you.

Relevancy
04-16-2013, 10:57 PM
I'll just bet it does.Just imagine him orchestrating the offense like a great maestro, that would be the day.

whitemamba
04-16-2013, 10:58 PM

Well you failed to mention that in your post. Just because Dwight had a big game don't expect that every time, we know Dwight is great he just needs to be consistent. I can't even talk about the free throws honestly. His d is still there at least.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 10:58 PM
You sack a shit. He just put the screws to ya and you lied your ass off to save yourself.

Bullshitter, you.

Just cause I think Nash is a liability doesn't mean I think Blake isn't even more of a liability.

He strawmanned me.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 10:59 PM
It's gonna be really awkward if we get OKC in the first round. I'm not sure I can handle seeing that chimpanzee celebrate everytime he has a nice dunk or shot in the game. God I fuckin hate Westchimp.

Thread
Just cause I think Nash is a liability doesn't mean I think isn't even more of a liability.

He strawmanned me.

You can dish it. You just can't take it. Ever.

Thread
It's gonna be really awkward if we get OKC in the first round. I'm not sure I can handle seeing that chimpanzee celebrate everytime he has a nice dunk or shot in the game. God I fuckin hate Westchimp.

Just keep thinking of your mother's sweet ass. You'll be fine.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Just imagine him orchestrating the offense like a great maestro, that would be the day.

It would be his first day. He's O & career.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Just keep thinking of your mother's sweet ass. You'll be fine.

Don't be mad that ur my son and I've neglected you your entire life. Just know that the night you were concieved I was extra gentle with your mother. I can't speak on behalf of the man that she was pleasuring moments later, but I was definitely a gentleman that night.

Bynumite
04-16-2013, 11:01 PM
White boy Blake about to fuck around and drop a triple double with the team on his shoulders.

Team will be known as the BLakeshow by the time he's done doing his thing.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Those faggots Mason and Ireland were saying this could be career-threatening for Nash, tbh....

Thread
Don't be mad that ur my son and I've neglected you your entire life. Just know that the night you were concieved I was extra gentle with your mother. I can't speak on behalf of the man that she was pleasuring moments later, but I was definitely a gentleman that night.

You keep thinking of your mother's sweet ass and fucking that brownie.

Thread
Those faggots Mason and Ireland were saying this could be career-threatening for Nash, tbh....

Thank Christ.

Thebesteva

:lol John Ireland
:lol Sucks Kobe's cock when the cameras stop rolling
:lol Has Kobe ahead of Michael Jordan

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:05 PM
:lol John Ireland
:lol Sucks Kobe's cock when the cameras stop rolling
:lol Has Kobe ahead of Michael Jordan

Just concentrate on your mother's ass crack.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Thank Christ.

Culburn, just sit back and relax and enjoy it. The is the Randy Pfund era revisited. If your boys can make it a series with the Spurs, they'll have succeeded.

And I promise you, brother, I won't roll any barrels over ya if the Spurs win. There's nothing to gain there. The Lakers are depleted and the Spurs beating them will be devoid of meaning.

Bynumite
04-16-2013, 11:09 PM
And spurfan says everything always goes right in Lakerland, this season was a fucking mess.

Inb4 spurfan predictable officiating related reply.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Culburn, just sit back and relax and enjoy it. The is the Randy Pfund era revisited. If your boys can make it a series with the Spurs, they'll have succeeded.

And I promise you, brother, I won't roll any barrels over ya if the Spurs win. There's nothing to gain there. The Lakers are depleted and the Spurs beating them will be devoid of meaning.

Speak for yourself.

Christ, man, have some fucking self respect.

ElNono
04-16-2013, 11:11 PM
And spurfan says everything always goes right in Lakerland, this season was a fucking mess.

What went wrong is that your team played like fucking dogshit, and you have an owner that doesn't have a clue.

Can't pull the injury card when this team was still under .500 in February and you had pretty much all your guys playing.

Thebesteva
04-16-2013, 11:12 PM
What went wrong is that your team played like fucking dogshit, and you have an owner that doesn't have a clue.

Can't pull the injury card when this team was still under .500 in February and you had pretty much all your guys playing.

Honest question, who would be a better owner at this point Jim Buss or Jerry Buss corpse with strings attached to it led by Phil Jackson?

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:12 PM

It does. Just not this year.

ElNono
04-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Honest question, who would be a better owner at this point Jim Buss or Jerry Buss corpse with strings attached to it led by Phil Jackson?

That was Jeanie's team. I think old Buss feared Phil was going to take over and outshine the Buss name.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:14 PM

Though that owner insisted on Bynum not once, but, twice. If that don't happen I ain't here and this doesn't exist:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

DMC
04-16-2013, 11:15 PM

lol "a mess". You get Howard, Nash, you have Pau Gasol, Artest and Bean. You have Jamison, the 2nd best player on Lebron's Cavs. You had 3 fucking head coaches and two owners. If you could've had any more of an advantage going into the season I'd like to know just how.

Mess my ass. None of you can pin the tail on the monkey that it belongs to.

ElNono
04-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Though that owner insisted on Bynum not once, but, twice. If that don't happen I ain't here and this doesn't exist:::

Ofcourse you're not. You like to tell everybody else they can dish it but they can't take it, but you're the poster child of that.

You're like T-Mac, your half an hour is long past.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:17 PM
lol "a mess". You get Howard, Nash, you have Pau Gasol, Artest and Bean. You have Jamison, the 2nd best player on Lebron's Cavs. You had 3 fucking head coaches and two owners. If you could've had any more of an advantage going into the season I'd like to know just how.

Mess my ass. None of you can pin the tail on the monkey that it belongs to.

True. And the solace:::they'll be 28 others sittin' in last place with us. God willing you'll be one of those, and this will survive:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Ofcourse you're not. You like to tell everybody else they can dish it but they can't take it, but you're the poster child of that.

You're like T-Mac, your half and hour is long past.

Then why did you come and beg me to return?

lmcontrollinao!!!

ElNono
04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Then why did you come and beg me to return?

:lol I never asked for your return. Just like I never ran you out. You made your bed and laid on it.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Speak for yourself.

Christ, man, have some fucking self respect.

I take it you're on pins-and-needles at the prospect of a Spur win over your boys?

I know you don't do injuries, moral victories, and all that other shit, but I'm telling ya, Spurs beating the Lakers will lack weight.

This ain't prime Duncan/Bowen/Robinson vs. prime Kobe/Daddy/Fisher, winner goes to the Finals. It's 37 year old Duncan/Tiaaaaago/Kiwi/Mr. Glass vs. "Paussy"/Skinning-and-Grinning Howard/Artest with one foot inside the nuthouse/Steve Blake.

Spurs/Lakers in '13 is like a beyond bad Hollywood remake of an old classic.

It ain't the same. A mockery.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:25 PM
I take it you're on pins-and-needles at the prospect of a Spur win over your boys?

I know you don't do injuries, moral victories, and all that other shit, but I'm telling ya, Spurs beating the Lakers will lack weight.

If you don't win the last game you play, yes. It will mean shit. Like if we beat you. Unless we win the last game we play it don't mean shit. It's a means to the end. Without the end, it's worthless.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:31 PM
If you don't win the last game you play, yes. It will mean shit. Like if we beat you. Unless we win the last game we play it don't mean shit. It's a means to the end. Without the end, it's worthless.

Agreed. But I can tell you're sweating this matchup, your ELE thread is evidence of this.

If you're resigned to the fact that the Lakers, with all those "bums" as you called them, ain't winning the last game they play, why the pensiveness?

I'm pensive. Damn right. Cause if your boys pull it out against us, it'll be the most embarrassing loss in the org.'s history. Worse than 8. You fellas have nothing to lose. If you win. It'll be a story for the ages, at our expense. If you lose, eh, no big deal, you were sans Bryant and Nash. I know you don't do injuries. But that's the reality of it. No one will expect the Lakers to win, so losing doesn't come with a price, like it does for us.

That's why I'm curious as to why you're just not sitting back and soaking it all in.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Agreed.

Thank, you. Fuck, it's like pulling teeth with you lately.

spurraider21
04-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Atleast according to Dr. Klapper who is the ESPN radio doctor and also one of the most accurate at describing time tables for sports injuries. Says he will miss about 2 months with the injuries he has now. Checked Lakernation and LG to see if it was true, they confirmed that he looks about done for the year.

speakin of ESPN radio, not sure if you were listening to max and marcellus today. I called in and won Langers on the show :hat

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Thank, you. Fuck, it's like pulling teeth with you lately.

Why did you ignore the rest of my post?

You're pensive, walking on eggshells over there in Maryvale, like I am here in So Cal.

Why?

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Why did you ignore the rest of my post?

You're pensive, walking on eggshells over there in Maryvale, like I am here in So Cal.

Why?

Because the rest is your mistake. Not mine. That's the beauty of ~timshel~...thou mayest.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Because the rest is your mistake. Not mine. That's the beauty of ~timshel~...thou mayest.

Why can't we ever just have a normal convo, without the side-stepping and obscurity?

Simple question: Are you nervous about a potential loss to the Spurs in the 1st round?

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Why can't we ever just have a normal convo, without the side-stepping and obscurity?

Simple question: Are you nervous about a potential loss to the Spurs in the 1st round?

Because you're putting forth behavior that I won't be a party to, Midst. You're doing that because you want to deflect what you believe is an imminent loss in the playoffs for your Spurs.

I'm not going to do that for the Lakers. I took the victories standing straight up. I'll take the loss that way.

You should follow suit. That way if & when you ring again you'll remember standing up at loss and that ringage will be that much more intense and honorable.

Sean Cagney
04-16-2013, 11:45 PM
I can relate there.......

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Because you're putting forth behavior that I won't be a party to, Midst. You're doing that because you want to deflect what you believe is an imminent loss in the playoffs for your Spurs.

I'm not going to do that for the Lakers. I took the victories standing straight up. I'll take the loss that way.

You should follow suit. That way if & when you ring again you'll remember standing up at loss and that ringage will be that much more intense and honorable.

So I should fake belief in my guys even when I harbor none for the sake of loyalty, correct?

Splits
04-16-2013, 11:47 PM

This is the most pussified shit ever. I've got a good rep with Kori, going to try and get this quote stickied to the top of the board until the :lol akers win a playoff series.

DMC
04-16-2013, 11:48 PM

The fuck

You trying to ELE scam your way out of it is proof against your lofty claim, and once again I've called ass. You didn't fool anyone, your salesman days are behind you and no one bought this shit. Stick around for the money shot to the throat, troll.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:50 PM
So I should fake belief in my guys even when I harbor none for the sake of loyalty, correct?

This is so fucking sad. You're lost. You have no loyalty. You only have it when they're a probably/sure thing. They need you now, Midst. They were there when you needed them each of those 4 times and you asked, begged them to come thru...."please. just this once, so I can feel that. please. I'll never turn on your if you just win this NBA title." Remember, Midst? If you don't believe they need you now, then that is your mistake. Not theirs.

Splits
04-16-2013, 11:51 PM

:cry if the Lakers lose I will eat my sugar on ST :cry
:cry when the Lakers lose I won't blame Coach Mike for running Kobe into the ground because... ? profit :cry
:cry I know the Fake show is going to be embarrassed but I will continue to prey on 17-24 yr old women even though I'm 60 :cry

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:51 PM
The fuck

You trying to ELE scam your way out of it is proof against your lofty claim, and once again I've called ass. You didn't fool anyone, your salesman days are behind you and no one bought this shit. Stick around for the money shot to the throat, troll.

You stupid fuck, you. You still can't figure the ELE out.

You asshole.

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
:cry if the Lakers lose I will eat my sugar on ST :cry
:cry when the Lakers lose I won't blame Coach Mike for running Kobe into the ground because... ? profit :cry
:cry I know the Fake show is going to be embarrassed but I will continue to prey on 17-24 yr old women even though I'm 60 :cry

Your mother's ass crack is waiting. Get ta sniffin', boy.

KaiRMD1
04-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Honestly, Lakers are dong pretty good without Kobe or Nash.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 11:53 PM
speakin of ESPN radio, not sure if you were listening to max and marcellus today. I called in and won Langers on the show :hat

how is that place?

Thread
04-16-2013, 11:54 PM
This is the most pussified shit ever. I've got a good rep with Kori, going to try and get this quote stickied to the top of the board until the :lol akers win a playoff series.

Chop, chop.

Venti Quattro
Well, nothing the Lakers can do now. They're just gonna have to win the Championship with Steve Blake sonning the competition.

DeadlyDynasty

They had a remote chance of an upset w/o Kobe...but they can't win 4 of 7 w/o their starting backcourt.

Thread

tee, hee.

Mugen
04-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Mongoloid Blake has the look of a dying kid who's final wish was to play in the NBA tbh.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:56 PM
They had a remote chance of an upset w/o Kobe...but they can't win 4 of 7 w/o their starting backcourt.

Taking fan insurance?

Mugen
04-16-2013, 11:56 PM

Nugga, you know you'd have them penciled into the 2nd round if Kirby was playing.

midnightpulp
04-16-2013, 11:58 PM
This is so fucking sad. You're lost. You have no loyalty. You only have it when they're a probably/sure thing. They need you now, Midst. They were there when you needed them each of those 4 times and you asked, begged them to come thru...."please. just this once, so I can feel that. please. I'll never turn on your if you just win this NBA title." Remember, Midst? If you don't believe they need you now, then that is your mistake. Not theirs.

You're correct, Culburn.

My "disloyalty" is usually just the typical knee-jerk shit. The Spurs have far, far exceeded my expectations when I became a fan 25 years ago, and there's nothing they can do that would really disappoint me, since they've delivered on 4 occasions.

Thread
Nugga, you know you'd have them penciled into the 2nd round if Kirby was playing.

You can be magnanimous now, eh, Mugs?

tee, hee.

spurraider21
how is that place?
no clue, never been. but not that im gettin 100 bucks worth for free, ima check it out :lol

Splits
04-16-2013, 11:59 PM
tee, hee.

Only pussholes and asshies play the injury card.

Mugen
04-17-2013, 12:00 AM
You can be magnanimous now, eh, Mugs?

tee, hee.

All I know is me and Kirby are going to be averaging the same amount of points & rebounds in these playoffs.

Thread
04-17-2013, 12:01 AM
You're correct, Culburn.

My "disloyalty" is usually just the typical knee-jerk shit. The Spurs have far, far exceeded my expectations when I became a fan 25 years ago, and there's nothing they can do that would really disappoint me, since they've delivered on 4 occasions.

You gd rights, I'm correct.

lefty
04-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Lakers News: Steve Nash's Nagging Injury Spells Trouble for Playoff Hopes

BY ETHAN GRANT (http://bleacherreport.com/users/713285-ethan-grant)
(FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON APRIL 16, 2013

1,251 reads
4 http://static.bleacherreport.net/images/redesign/common/icon_comment.png (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1607065-lakers-news-steve-nashs-nagging-injury-spells-trouble-for-playoff-hopes#comments)

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1604060-nba-rookie-stock-watch-final-regular-season-report-card-grades-for-top-rookies)
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/263/401/hi-res-156592648_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images

If the Los Angeles Lakers (http://bleacherreport.com/los-angeles-lakers)' 2013 NBA (http://bleacherreport.com/nba) playoff hopes weren't already on the rocks, the most recent news on Steve Nash (http://bleacherreport.com/steve-nash) should help cast doubt on avoiding a first-round sweep at the hands of the Oklahoma City Thunder (http://bleacherreport.com/oklahoma-city-thunder) or San Antonio Spurs (http://bleacherreport.com/san-antonio-spurs).
An MRI on Tuesday (h/t Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/04/16/lakers-nash-has-mri/)) revealed that preexisting issues have contributed to Nash's already weak hip and back this season, forcing his hamstrings to suffer as a consequence.
Team doctors gave Nash an epidural injection, and the Lakers' official Twitter account (https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/324238469771710465) confirmed that Nash would not be available for a must-win game against theHouston Rockets (http://bleacherreport.com/houston-rockets) on Wednesday night:
While the Lakers remain "hopeful" (h/t Sportsnet Mike Trudell (https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/324237742085111809)) that Nash will be back for postseason action (should the Lakers win or the Utah Jazz (http://bleacherreport.com/utah-jazz) lose on Wednesday night), this is the latest example of how the 2012-13 season in Los Angeles might have been a lost cause from the start.
Look no further than this tweet from ESPN LA's Arash Markazi (https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/324246878940188672) to confirm that Nash's absence from Wednesday night's lineup will be anything but precautionary:

Arash Markazi

✔@ArashMarkazi (https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi)
The fact that Steve Nash has been ruled out for tomorrow's must win game vs. Houston already should tell you something.
3:44 PM - 16 Apr 2013 (https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/statuses/324246878940188672)

Even if the Lakers do grab the No. 8 seed in the Western Conference on Wednesday night, their stay in the postseason won't last very long—especially if Nash's body is at the point that the MRI confirmed on Tuesday.
It's been an injury-filled season for the preseason NBA champion Lakers.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/816/008/166464789_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=85Jeff Gross/Getty Images
What started with Nash turned into injuries for Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard (http://bleacherreport.com/dwight-howard), Steve Blake, Metta World Peace and Kobe Bryant (http://bleacherreport.com/kobe-bryant)—the last of which ended their superstar's season and placed the Lakers' already difficult NBA Finals chances at the lowest they've been since the season began.
Averaging 12.7 points and 6.7 assists in 50 games for the Lakers this season, Nash's presence in the lineup would help compensate for some of the playmaking that Bryant's injury will no-doubt take from Los Angeles.
While Nash has been relegated to spot-up shooter duties and the occasional big night in the wake of Bryant's turn-back-the-clock season, he's still a two-time MVP with a head coach (Mike D'Antoni) that knows how to get the best out of his game.
That strategy would include the un-caging, so-to speak, of Howard.

Nash and Howard could wreak havoc against the Thunder in the first round of the playoffs, similarly to what D12 and former backcourt mate Jameer Nelson did when theOrlando Magic (http://bleacherreport.com/orlando-magic) were title contenders back in 2009.
Those days are over, but a healthy Nash lobbing passes to Howard is a combination that would be tough for any team to stop, especially with focused shooters like Blake, Jodie Meeks, Earl Clark and World Peace on the outside.
It's also a strategy that won't work if Nash isn't healthy.
The Lakers have managed to carry their four-game winning streak into this game without Bryant and Nash (somehow). It included beating the San Antonio Spurs and might include a victory over Houston—one that would propel the Lakers into the playoffs for the eighth-straight season.
How far will the Lakers go if Nash doesn't contribute in the postseason?

They won't make the playoffsFirst-round lossSecond-round lossConference semis lossNBA finals lossNBA ChampsSubmit Vote vote to see results

Even with Nash ready for postseason play, it would be unfair (and downright mean) to expect him to perform at a Mamba-like level for this team after missing eight-straight games.
While unfair, it might be the only chance the Lakers have left.
Either way, things don't look good for LA to survive the postseason gauntlet and emerge as the kings of the NBA world. While injuries and a slow start helped victimize what was clearly a more-talented team than the final regular-season win-loss column would indicate, it doesn't change the fact that expectations remain high for postseason play.
Without Nash in the lineup yet again on Wednesday, they have a chance to go wrong one more time on Wednesday night against the Jazz.
After that, playoff success will hinge on Nash's ability to follow in Bryant's age-defying footsteps and give the Lakers a new Big Three (Howard, Gasol, Nash) to turn the tables on the rest of the West.

Thread
All I know is me and Kirby are going to be averaging the same amount of points & rebounds in these playoffs.

So much for the incident of magnanimosity. Short lived.

Just checkin' assholes.

Thread
Only pussholes and asshies

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

lefty
04-17-2013, 12:03 AM
The fact that Steve Nash has been ruled out for tomorrow's must win game vs. Houston already should tell you something.

Mugen
04-17-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm just glad that Steve is going to be able to spend some extra quality time with his kids over Skype tbh.

DMC
You stupid fuck, you. You still can't figure the ELE out.

You asshole.

You want to have an edict for not being around if the Lakers make the playoffs because you know they will suffer greatly. You fear it will be at the hands of the Spurs. It's almost a foregone conclusion they will make the playoffs. If they don't, you'll stick around. Why not? It's not about the regular season and you'd be right at home with Mavfan. Unlike Mavfan though, you feel entitled to a post season run every year because you picked the most successful franchise of the time when you hopped aboard the wagon. It's not fair now that, even with the talent, your adopted team isn't going to deliver. It's not fair that they will be relegated to moral victories by making the playoffs, with Kobe "Rudy" Bryant licking his wounds and playing coach from his private room.

I understand the bet. I just don't understand why you thought anyone would fall for it.

HI-FI

:crybut but he'll be coaching them from his hospital bed, texting adjustments

Venti Quattro
04-17-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm just glad that Steve is going to be able to spend some extra quality time with his kids over Skype tbh.

It'd be more fun if they could invite Uncle J-Rich over, tbh.

Thread
04-17-2013, 12:06 AM
You want to have an edict for not being around if the Lakers make the playoffs because you know they will suffer greatly. You fear it will be at the hands of the Spurs. It's almost a foregone conclusion they will make the playoffs. If they don't, you'll stick around. Why not? It's not about the regular season and you'd be right at home with Mavfan. Unlike Mavfan though, you feel entitled to a post season run every year because you picked the most successful franchise of the time when you hopped aboard the wagon. It's not fair now that, even with the talent, your adopted team isn't going to deliver. It's not fair that they will be relegated to moral victories by making the playoffs, with Kobe "Rudy" Bryant licking his wounds and playing coach from his private room.

I understand the bet. I just don't understand why you thought anyone would fall for it.

Nope. You still have it wrong. Stupid ass.

HI-FI
04-17-2013, 12:07 AM

damn. Thread, you might want to disconnect your pacemaker after this post.

Thread
04-17-2013, 12:18 AM
damn. Thread, you might want to disconnect your pacemaker after this post.

Please.

NRHector
04-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Nope. You still have it wrong. Stupid ass.

So much anger, why?

Thread
04-17-2013, 12:22 AM
So much anger, why?

I'll choose the time, place and inquisitor when I decide to take an exam.

Let us proceed...

ElNono
04-17-2013, 12:24 AM

/shaqdunk

Thread
04-17-2013, 12:26 AM
/shaqdunk

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

tee, hee.

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 12:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esrEb9p0Wc

Thebesteva
04-17-2013, 12:55 AM

No way...which call? Go on the podcast and forward the link.

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 12:59 AM
No way...which call? Go on the podcast and forward the link.

35:30 on this link (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=9180434&s=la) is where i get on. you can hear marcellus utter "get him langers or somethin"

about 10 seconds in on this link (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=9180655) they bring me back on to give me Langers

awesomeness. i get to call a Laker show, tell them why they're doomed, and get free food for it. lmvictoriousao :lmao

hater
04-17-2013, 01:02 AM

Not wothout kobe it aint. Watching laakers in playoffs w out kobe is like going to a jacksons 5 concert without michael

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Not wothout kobe it aint. Watching laakers in playoffs w out kobe is like going to a jacksons 5 concert without michael

quit comparing kobe to michael. they're not in the same league

:lol

Clipper Nation
04-17-2013, 01:05 AM
35:30 on this link (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=9180434&s=la) is where i get on. you can hear marcellus utter "get him langers or somethin"

about 10 seconds in on this link (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=9180655) they bring me back on to give me Langers

awesomeness. i get to call a Laker show, tell them why they're doomed, and get free food for it. lmvictoriousao :lmao
To be fair, Marcellus is a Clipperfan, so that's probably why he gave you free food for unleashing truthbombs on the Lakers :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:16 AM

I had them penciled into the WCF when everyone was healthy. Only teams they can't beat in a series are OKC and Miami. Injuries are a part of the game though, so it is what it is.

Thebesteva
04-17-2013, 01:18 AM

haha good call, one of our Spurstalkers on ESPN radio while thousands of Laker fans tuned in :lmao.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Taking fan insurance?

tbh, just paypal the $120 to DPG so I'll only owe him 380. If we end up playing the Spurs I gotta shell out another $500 to jester. It's all good though...last night made up for everything.

HI-FI
04-17-2013, 01:20 AM
tbh, just paypal the $120 to DPG so I'll only owe him 380. If we end up playing the Spurs I gotta shell out another $500 to jester. It's all good though...last night made up for everything.

did you get the Benz yet?

spurraider21
haha good call, one of our Spurstalkers on ESPN radio while thousands of Laker fans tuned in :lmao.

PSA truth bomb :lmao

LarryDavid
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/263/401/hi-res-156592648_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Steve Nash with that T-Mac eye.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:21 AM
did you get the Benz yet?

She's in B-more right now...gotta wait another 2 weeks:(

I'll have to settle for the $50 columbiana rub & tugs to hold me over till then

midnightpulp
04-17-2013, 01:24 AM

Will do. But you don't want any extra action?

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Will do. But you don't want any extra action?

I'd love some if it means betting against the Lakers

midnightpulp
04-17-2013, 01:27 AM
I'd love some if it means betting against the Lakers

That's my intention.

What odds would you be willing to give me the Lakers beat the Spurs in the 1st round?

HI-FI
04-17-2013, 01:28 AM
She's in B-more right now...gotta wait another 2 weeks:(

I'll have to settle for the $50 columbiana rub & tugs to hold me over till then
damn, she must be a jet setter. is that one broad Mason Storm still on the scene? i was fapping to her stuff for quite awhile, was looking her up and found she was a pro in Miami. not sure if she is even around, but damn it's a good thing I don't live up there. i'd probably have to see that booty in person.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:31 AM
That's my intention.

What odds would you be willing to give me the Lakers beat the Spurs in the 1st round?

make me an offer I know we currently have the 1.5 to 1 for a ben. what's good?

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:32 AM
damn, she must be a jet setter. is that one broad Mason Storm still on the scene? i was fapping to her stuff for quite awhile, was looking her up and found she was a pro in Miami. not sure if she is even around, but damn it's a good thing I don't live up there. i'd probably have to see that booty in person.

Not sure about Storm, tbh. Benz is a road warrior, so check her out if she goes to Texas. We'll be eskimo brothers then:lol

midnightpulp
04-17-2013, 01:34 AM
make me an offer I know we currently have the 1.5 to 1 for a ben. what's good?

2 to 1 for another 100?

I lose, you have 220 coming your (DPG's) way. I win, I get 350.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Deal. Second bet is null and void obviously if the Lakers don't play SA or miss the playoffs.

midnightpulp
04-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Deal. Second bet is null and void obviously if the Lakers don't play SA or miss the playoffs.

:tu

HI-FI
04-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Not sure about Storm, tbh. Benz is a road warrior, so check her out if she goes to Texas. We'll be eskimo brothers then:lol
:rollin
that made me lol

Benz is too high class for me. appreciate the advice, i'll just stick to my hoodrats.

Splits
04-17-2013, 02:06 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2012/11/20/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24777-1353429210-1.gif

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-17-2013, 02:07 AM
17 more wins to d :lobt:. Don't let my Laker brethren down.

Thread
04-17-2013, 02:08 AM
It'd be more fun if they could invite Uncle J-Rich over, tbh.

Now that's funny.

Thread
04-17-2013, 02:08 AM
17 more wins to d :lobt:. Don't let my Laker brethren down.

You're already in the Charter 16.

midnightpulp
04-17-2013, 02:15 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2012/11/20/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24777-1353429210-1.gif

Look at this guy, Cul. A winner.

phoenix219
04-17-2013, 02:17 AM
There has never been any proof nor truth to the rumors about J Rich, and I'm pretty sure Nash has been friendly to him since, in a tweet maybe, but I may be getting that mixed up with LB.

Thread
04-17-2013, 02:22 AM
^It was some black. Steve was there for Lamaze when that kid came out. The next day he filed.

phoenix219
04-17-2013, 02:24 AM
There have been *pics* of his kids. They are *all WHITE.*

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/around-barstool/jason-richardson-gave-steve-nash-a-black-baby/

UPDATE – This is what happens when I post a KFC blog to pass the day…..He says Steve Nash has a black baby from Jason Richardson when the baby is clearly white. Top notch reporting indeed.

Our shitty management has confirmed that they didn't think JRich was worth $10M/yr or whatever, and have pretty much bragged about dumping him.

LkrFan
04-17-2013, 04:04 AM

Not so fast. Glock has been resigned. If MDA plays him, he'll make 3s at a high clip - which will provide spacing for our bigs. He would easily be our 2nd best shooter behind Nash - if he were on the roster from day one.

Two issues:

1) MDA may not play him (like a dumbass)
2) He might be like a deer in headlights and shrink on the big stage - TP style

I've always liked the kid's game. MB didn't give him much burn. Hopefully MDA is smarter than that.

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 04:08 AM
Not so fast. Glock has been resigned. If MDA plays him, he'll make 3s at a high clip - which will provide spacing for our bigs. He would easily be our 2nd best shooter behind Nash - if he were on the roster from day one.

Two issues:

1) MDA may not play him (like a dumbass)
2) He might be like a deer in headlights and shrink on the big stage - TP style

I've always liked the kid's game. MB didn't give him much burn. Hopefully MDA is smarter than that.

:lol 37% three point shooting = high clip
:lol 39% from the field
:lol liking his game
:lol smaller/shittier gary neal
:lol scared of T-Mac
:lol Tmac best SG in the series

Killakobe81
04-17-2013, 05:45 AM

He done for his career most likely

Thebesteva
04-17-2013, 05:51 AM
He done for his career most likely

Will Lakers still have to pay him for the next 2 years as well? God damn man...which one of you bastards put the evil jinx on this organization?

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Will Lakers still have to pay him for the next 2 years as well? God damn man...which one of you bastards put the evil jinx on this organization?

If he officially retires, they wouldn't have to pay him. But if he just never gets medically cleared and he doesn't file retirement papers, he gets his pay

ohmwrecker
04-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Nash was done for the year, last year.

Clipper Nation
04-17-2013, 08:38 AM
If he officially retires, they wouldn't have to pay him. But if he just never gets medically cleared and he doesn't file retirement papers, he gets his pay
He'll be ducking those retirement papers like he ducks his children, tbh.... :lol