PDA

View Full Version : Why do ppl think TMAC won't play??

hater
04-17-2013, 04:32 AM
I find it funny the so called experts think TMAC won't see any playing time or more than a couple of minutes or unless someone breaks a leg. Have yall forgotten a much stricter Pop overplayed a shitbag Van Exel whom singlehandely cost us at least one game in the Mav series?? And you think TMAC would sign if they had told him beforehand he won't see any time? :rolleyes

TMAC will play, at least the first few games. Then he'll be either a bust bigger than van exel and Spurs will be the laughingstock of the league(which they already are) or he could possibly help the depleted Spurs get out of the 1st round. He's instantly the 3rd best passer in the team with Diaw and Manu gone. If he can fill a Jaque Vaughn role he could fulfill his dream of going to round 2.

point is TMAC will get his chance to prove himself.

TrainOfThought5
04-17-2013, 04:45 AM
perhaps.

milkyway21
04-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Spurs will be the laughingstock of the league(which they already are) :wtf ???

hater
04-17-2013, 04:55 AM
:wtf ???

ppl and analysts already expecting a round 1 loss from these spurs and joking about it. Which is not farfetched at all, but still they probably are the least respected playoff team this season. Not that they don't deserve it, but IMO even the Lakers getting more respect than the Spurs at this junction, is pretty jacked up.

chapnis
04-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Terrible take, "laughingstock of the league", we all know how much people like to laugh at prolonged success. 0/10, GTFO.

hater
04-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Terrible take, "laughingstock of the league", we all know how much people like to laugh at prolonged success. 0/10, GTFO.

:rolleyes

ppl and analysts already expecting a round 1 loss from these spurs and joking about it. Which is not farfetched at all, but still they probably are the least respected playoff team this season. Not that they don't deserve it, but IMO even the Lakers getting more respect than the Spurs at this junction, is pretty jacked up.

chapnis
04-17-2013, 04:58 AM

You're saying the Bucks and the Hawks are probably more respected than the Spurs, dayum.

hater
04-17-2013, 04:59 AM
You're saying the Bucks and the Hawks are probably more respected than the Spurs, dayum.

those teams are getting the proper respect their seeding and conference calls for. Same thing cannot be said about the Spurs. Far from it most analysts are claiming Lakers and Houston are fighting to face Spurs in round 1.

elemento
04-17-2013, 05:14 AM
Because we all know Mr Popovich.

T-Mac won't play unless someone is hurt or if Pop gets desperate.

hater
04-17-2013, 05:18 AM
well IMO he already proved he's desperate by releasing Jax and signing TMac. I agree if Spurs dominate round1, we probably won't see him. but that's the thing, Spurs won't dominate round 1

chapnis
04-17-2013, 05:29 AM
those teams are getting the proper respect their seeding and conference calls for. Same thing cannot be said about the Spurs. Far from it most analysts are claiming Lakers and Houston are fighting to face Spurs in round 1.

The reason they are fighting for 7th seed is because, fully healthy OKC >> injured Spurs. That's not disrespect, that's just common sense.

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 05:35 AM
The reason they are fighting for 7th seed is because, fully healthy OKC >> injured Spurs. That's not disrespect, that's just common sense.

this. If Westbrook was gimpy and Kevin Martin was out, while the Spurs were healthy and rolling, I'm sure teams would prefer facing OKC. that wouldn't make the Thunder a laughingstock tbh

SA210
04-17-2013, 05:43 AM
chump doesn't think so now because timvp said so lol

benefactor
04-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Yeah...with the Spurs not having two former rotation players he's going to play in the first round at the very least and get his chance to show if he can help.

pikkiwoki
04-17-2013, 07:06 AM
just crossing my fingers that if he does get playing time he doesn't embarrass himself http://i.imgur.com/4WHoh5J.gif

Captivus
04-17-2013, 07:08 AM
But does he know the system?

blkroadrunners
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Depends on the matchup, tbh.

silverblk mystix
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
chump - the self proclaimed D-league expert - doesn't think so now because timvp said so lol

fify

spurspokesman
04-17-2013, 07:16 AM
I get the feeling that we'll end up playing houston instead of LA lol. Storyline" Tmac finally makes it out the first round against houston rather than with them". Hopefully he doesn't bring the first round curse of losing with him(fingers crossed).

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 07:17 AM

This tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2013, 07:18 AM
It doesn't make any sense really, to me at least. Even, timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) said he would be shocked if he got any PT. Why the hell else would we pick him up? Surely not solely as insurance for Ginobili.

I'm a little excited, and hopeful he can contribute right away in the 1st round..

http://i.imgur.com/d7TBk.gif

dbestpro
04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Pop is the coach. Pop likes to take a long time before he even lets a player see the floor. I would not be surprised to see Blair used at the SF while TMAC is just a body for insurance against further injury at the SF. He will only see the floor with a blow out score, either way.

therealtruth
04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Tmac will probably back up Kawhi and get some minutes in the backcourt.

pgardn
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
You see a small market team, probably the most successful franchise over the last 16 years,voted the best run organization in sports, becomes disrespected by people who were born...

Now.

Welcome to consciousness hater.

eDizzle20
04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
I think TMac will get playing time in the playoffs simply from the fact they do not have a true 3 that can come off the bench. Sure if Diaw was healthy you may be able to play him at the 3. Also, what needs to be considered is how awful the Spurs are on the boards. I can't remember the last time they won the rebounding battle in a game. TMac is a decent rebounding 3 at 6'8" with a 7'2" wingspan. The Spurs can't survive with Parker, Neal, Ginobili as their 1-3 positions on the glass off the bench.

polandprzem
04-17-2013, 08:09 AM
When Tmac will come of the bench at AT&T all hell will break loose

peacemaker885
04-17-2013, 08:17 AM
No Diaw and no Jackson, plus he's a veteran. I think he will get some burn. Common sense dictates if the regular players aren't effective, then play a different one. Pop has done this before and he can do it again.

crc21209
04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
When Tmac will come of the bench at AT&T all hell will break loose

I can't wait to hear the reaction he's going to get. The good thing is that he'll have a good 2-3 days to practice with the team before Game 1.

Cane
04-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Tmac is Michael Finley 2.0, for better or for worse

He'll play

Old School 44
04-17-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm with the OP. There's absolutely no way TMAC doesn't play. I can't imagine him signing to sit on the bench as insurance, especially since he was signed with basically no games remaining in the regular season. Put it this way...he will get some opportunities to show what he has left. IF he doesn't do well, then maybe he will find his way to the bench.

superjames1992
04-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I think he'll play, tbh. If we just wanted a warm body, we wouldn't have went out and got T-Mac, IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Pop usually wants players to learn the system, but if SJax, Diaw, Kurt Thomas, Drew Gooden, Glenn Robinson, etc. who all signed towards the latter part of the season were any indication, veterans must not have to learn the system to play for CIA Pop right away.

ohmwrecker
04-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Pop played RJ and he never learned the system.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
I think he'll play, tbh. If we just wanted a warm body, we wouldn't have went out and got T-Mac, IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Pop usually wants players to learn the system, but if SJax, Diaw, Kurt Thomas, Drew Gooden, Glenn Robinson, etc. who all signed towards the latter part of the season were any indication, veterans must not have to learn the system to play for CIA Pop right away.

That's actually a good point.

There may be a big learning curve, but I don't see the organization bringing someone aboard with his capability, just to have him watch the playoffs in a suit from the bench.

Pop played RJ and he never learned the system.

:lol True, HWSNBN was a dummy.

polandprzem
04-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Good thing is that other teams have not learned about spurs with Tracy playing :)

xellos88330
04-17-2013, 09:28 AM
I am actually pretty interested in this signing. I want TMAC to play at least in the Wolves game tonight. He said he wouldn't but I don't see why he shouldn't because the Spurs' seeding is already locked up. I mean hell... give him 5 minutes of garbage time in the game at least. I gotta see what he can still do. (China highlights don't count)

jjktkk
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM

He'll play

Tmac is a much better passer.

Cane
04-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Tmac is a much better passer.

Word. Will help with Diaw out

look_at_g_shred
04-17-2013, 10:02 AM
:pop: /thread

Poolboy5623
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
I want him to play also. But I think it's funny some of you say he wouldn't sign just to sit on the bench...? Huh? You think he'd rather play scrub ball in China, or come back to the states and ride the pine for a playoff contender?? I'm sure the pay can't be too much different? He can always go back to China and play more scrub ball....I'd guess he would have taken an offer from any of the playoff teams.

gameFACE
04-17-2013, 10:30 AM
It's simple. He'll play. Not a lot. But he might have one or two of those Steve Kerr type moments. Even Big Dog had a moment in Game 2 of the '05 Finals (I think) where he actually blocked a shot and helped changed the momentum of the game. If Big Dog can do it so can TMac. You don't waive Jack and not play TMac.

Budkin
04-17-2013, 10:32 AM

He'll play

That's ok... Fin played some pretty good games for us... I think of the Denver series in 2007.

Interrohater
04-17-2013, 10:32 AM
He'll play. We have one true SF on the team and Pop will play him. There's not much more to it than that.

bklynspursfan
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
dan mccarney ‏@danmccarneysaen (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen)1m (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen/status/324547139864772610)
Pop on McGrady: We have no expectations. He might not play at all, he might play a bunch.

Old School 44
04-17-2013, 10:43 AM
dan mccarney ‏@danmccarneysaen (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen)1m (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen/status/324547139864772610)
Pop on McGrady: We have no expectations. He might not play at all, he might play a bunch.

That's CIA for "I'm not telling you or the rest of league what are plans are."

gameFACE
04-17-2013, 10:44 AM

Classic Pop response. Wouldn't be surprised if he followed that with "players play basketball"

bklynspursfan
04-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Matthew R Tynan ‏@Matthew_Tynan (https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan)3m (https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan/status/324547783333933058)
T-Mac running through drills with coach Bud and three interns/assistants. 4-on-1 attention...on the fast track.

johnpaulwall21
04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Timvp said it so the masses follow. I have no doubt that he will get a shot. Pop will throw him in the fire and see what spark he has left. His minutes will obviously depend on that.

bklynspursfan
04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
That's CIA for "I'm not telling you or the rest of league what are plans are."

Classic Pop response. Wouldn't be surprised if he followed that with "players play basketball"

Pretty much..

Fabbs
04-17-2013, 11:02 AM
SF/Rugged PF types fitting Pops system in the past:

Mike Finley
Dick Jefferson
Matty Bonner

T-Macs gonna see time.

hater
04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Put it this way...he will get some opportunities to show what he has left. IF he doesn't do well, then maybe he will find his way to the bench.

exactly. Either by design or by circumstance, TMac will get his chance.

Sean Cagney
04-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I get the feeling that we'll end up playing houston instead of LA lol. Storyline" Tmac finally makes it out the first round against houston rather than with them". Hopefully he doesn't bring the first round curse of losing with him(fingers crossed).
Some will point to that, but the bottom line is if we don't make it out of round one it is more due to injuries and the way they have been playing the last few weeks, T Mac will have little to do with it, it will just be coincidence.

ElNono
04-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Van Exel had a full season with the team. Completely different story.

I expect T-Mac to get Jack's minutes (5-10 off the bench behind Kawhi) and then I'm sure Pop will go from there depending on what he sees.

Richie
04-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Lets be honest, what does Neal bring that TMac doesnt?

In an ideal world I don't want anyone chucking up shots, but if someones gonna do it as a 'scoring punch' off the bench I think I'd rather see TMac do it than Neal. And TMacs defence can't be much worse.