PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 will be Sunday

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Saw that the Rampage play Sat night meaning game 1 would have to be Sunday right?

Anyway, hopefully it's not at noon.

look_at_g_shred
04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I've seen people post that Game 1 is Sunday @ noon. Just like the past two years.

TampaDude
04-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Saw that the Rampage play Sat night meaning game 1 would have to be Sunday right?

Anyway, hopefully it's not at noon.

It will be at noon, it will be against the Lakers, and Joey Crawford will be the crew chief. Book it.

I don't care, though...with all the injuries and such, the Spurs are not expected to go far in the playoffs this year, so I'm going to just enjoy the ride.

Who knows? Maybe this is the year. Just when it looks like we don't have a chance, we win it all! :hat

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2013, 10:03 AM
It will be at noon, it will be against the Lakers, and Joey Crawford will be the crew chief. Book it.

I don't care, though...with all the injuries and such, the Spurs are not expected to go far in the playoffs this year, so I'm going to just enjoy the ride.

Who knows? Maybe this is the year. Just when it looks like we don't have a chance, we win it all!

:lol well which one is it TD?

TampaDude
04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
:lol well which one is it TD?

Both. Low expectations, but hope for one more "miracle" run to glory.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2013, 10:11 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/183019/Memorial_medium.jpg

Budkin
04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Hate noon games... ugh.

Cane
04-17-2013, 10:20 AM
High noon

:hat

spurspokesman
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM

Who knows? Maybe this is the year. Just when it looks like we don't have a chance, we win it all! :hat

This

EVAY
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Duncan has hated noon games all his career, saying that they mess with his biorhythm. But we would complain if it was Saturday night as well, because
we would say that everyone needs more rest.

Why not start the blame game now? Why wait until performance determines anything?

We all know that if we produce anything short of a championship that Parker will be blamed for it, and since none of us expect too much from the team at this point (partly because Parker is playing so poorly for whatever reason --health, cowardice, laziness--pick your reason because he has been accused of each and will be again) let's just get it out in the open now.

THE SPURS WON'T WIN THIS YEAR BECAUSE TONY PARKER HAS LET THEM DOWN AGAIN.

Should really cut through a lot of posts that will essentially say the same thing.

Trill Clinton
04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
High noon

Mugen
04-17-2013, 10:34 AM
If it's the Lakers, then I don't think the game will start until 12-12:30 PST. No way the NBA schedules a Laker playoff game that early on the West Coast.

If it's the Rockets, then yeah 12-12:30 CST.

spurs1990
04-17-2013, 10:36 AM
It will be 330 ET against LA.

El_Mago
04-17-2013, 11:25 AM
How soon shall we know?

After tonights games or tomorrow morning?

Hoping it's Sunday. More time for rest and more time to scheme.

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Well know late tonight

Legacy
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM

Pretty much. :lol

El_Mago
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks.

benefactor
04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Can you guys go one thread without whining about officials? Good lord I feel like I'm at a family get together around my sisters four kids.

04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
:lol these worry wart threads about sunday afternoon games always cracks me up

polandprzem
04-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Afternoon game is good :tu

Hoops Czar
04-17-2013, 01:58 PM
If it's an afternoon game, they could potentially play on Saturday. LA has hosted two events in the same building before. If it's a Sunday game, it will probably be 7:00 on ESPN. The Spurs aren't getting a Sunday 3:30 time slot on ABC.

spurs1990
04-17-2013, 02:04 PM
If it's an afternoon game, they could potentially play on Saturday. LA has hosted two events in the same building before. If it's a Sunday game, it will probably be 7:00 on ESPN. The Spurs aren't getting a Sunday 3:30 time slot on NBC.

Typically that would be true except when the opponent is LA. Don't hesitate to believe the tv execs covet them for ratings, IRregradless of who the opponent is.

rayray2k8
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
The lakers usually get that 3:30 time on sundays during the playoffs. So the only way the spurs play later than noon is if they play the lakers.
Then again, if they play houston, It would probably be a later game since central and west coast teams can be pushed to late times.
Don't make a damn difference to me.. Tired of the regular season. Bring on the playoffs and lets put an end to this talk of teams wanting to play the spurs.

Hoops Czar
04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Typically that would be true except when the opponent is LA. Don't hesitate to believe the tv execs covet them for ratings, IRregradless of who the opponent is.

It's possible depending on whether ABC televises two or three games on Sunday. If there's only two, chance are unlikely. Boston/New York will occupy one of those time slots and Miami/Milwuakee will most likely occupy the other. Next week is when you'll see a Lakers/Spurs game on ABC. That's when all the celebs come out of the woodwork looking for their two seconds of facetime. I struggle to see a Spurs home game televised on ABC unless its Saturday, but who knows.

Arcadian
04-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Fuck noon games. I agree with Timmy; they miss with my biorhythm too. I want Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

look_at_g_shred
04-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Fuck noon games. I agree with Timmy; they miss with my biorhythm too. I want Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

So you hate noon games, yet you want a noon game?

TrueSpursFan
04-17-2013, 03:43 PM
So you hate noon games, yet you want a noon game?

Afternoon
:lol

spurs1990
04-17-2013, 08:54 PM
It's possible depending on whether ABC televises two or three games on Sunday. If there's only two, chance are unlikely. Boston/New York will occupy one of those time slots and Miami/Milwuakee will most likely occupy the other. Next week is when you'll see a Lakers/Spurs game on ABC. That's when all the celebs come out of the woodwork looking for their two seconds of facetime. I struggle to see a Spurs home game televised on ABC unless its Saturday, but who knows.

If the most lop-sided matchup of the playoffs merits one of the ABC slots, the NBA has officially jumped the shark.

How many folks outside of the Heat fanbase want to see the Bucks get hammered unconsciously.

therealtruth
04-17-2013, 09:32 PM
As long as it's not on Saturday then it won't seem like an '11 repeat.

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 09:34 PM
We already knew this but:

Don Harris ‏@DonHarris4 36s
Just got NBA memo. Spurs will play Sunday. Time still TBA.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 09:35 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 29s
League announces Den-6 seed, LAC-Memphis on Sat. Miami-Milwaukee, Indiana-Atlanta, OKC-8 seed, San Antonio-7 seed will be Sunday, times TBA.

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
So....

-Saturday -

Denver vs GS/HOU
Clippers vs Memphis
Heat vs Bucks
Pacers vs Hawks

-Sunday-

Thunder vs LAL/HOU
Spurs vs LAL/HOU/GS
Brooklyn vs Chicago
New York vs Boston

Times each day are 12:00, 2:30, 6:00 and 8:30 CT

TampaDude
04-17-2013, 09:39 PM

:toast

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 09:41 PM
My guess for Sunday is

Lakers vs SA/OKC - 2:30
New York vs Boston - 6:00

and the other two remaining games HOU vs whoever they play and Brooklyn vs Chicago are a toss up between 12 and 8:30.

Dunc n Dave
04-17-2013, 10:20 PM
If Lakers lose tonight:

Sunday:
Knicks-Celtics: noon ABC
Lakers-OKC: 2:30 ABC
Chicago-Brooklyn: 6pm TNT
Spurs-Rockets: 8pm TNT

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Duncan has hated noon games all his career, saying that they mess with his biorhythm. But we would complain if it was Saturday night as well, because
we would say that everyone needs more rest.

Why not start the blame game now? Why wait until performance determines anything?

We all know that if we produce anything short of a championship that Parker will be blamed for it, and since none of us expect too much from the team at this point (partly because Parker is playing so poorly for whatever reason --health, cowardice, laziness--pick your reason because he has been accused of each and will be again) let's just get it out in the open now.

THE SPURS WON'T WIN THIS YEAR BECAUSE TONY PARKER HAS LET THEM DOWN AGAIN.

Should really cut through a lot of posts that will essentially say the same thing.

Ease on the butthurt son, ease on it.

Hoops Czar
04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
If the most lop-sided matchup of the playoffs merits one of the ABC slots, the NBA has officially jumped the shark.

How many folks outside of the Heat fanbase want to see the Bucks get hammered unconsciously.

The NBA is a global game. It isn't about the score or the matchup, it's about Lebron. Besides, it gives ABC an excuse to talk about Lebron for a full two + hours.

Sean Cagney
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM

BANG!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Cagney
04-17-2013, 11:05 PM

That team went into the playoffs RED HOT! Totally different scenario but yes they were usually known to choke in the playoffs.

spurs1990
04-17-2013, 11:06 PM
And I spoke too soon. Houston clobbering LA.

Just hope our series won't be relegated to NBA TV!