PDA

View Full Version : 2005-2006/2006-2007

TheAfricanFan
07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I have an idea.
Why don't we stay with our plan, get Scola re-sign Devin, and play like ourselves???
From what I can see Narz's contract expires next year and so does Ben Wallace's.
I think that if Duncan stays heathy we can get another championship with this same team next year so why not wait till we see if Narz can develop or not. In 2006-2007 we can:
- sign Wallace and he becomes our startin center;
- S&T Mohamed or Rasho for Wallace;

What do you think??? :oops

( Tayshaun will be a restricted free-agent next year too )

batman2883
07-08-2005, 10:18 AM
None of Detroits players will ever make it to the Spurs, Ben Wallace is their life in Detroit, besides we really dont need them. We proved this year that their players cant compete with ours, only one man can, and that was Chauncey Billups.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-08-2005, 10:21 AM
An interesting thought but do you really think that the Pistons would take Rasho and Nazr for Big Ben? It could happen I guess. The real problem I see is that there will be teams out there who will throw everything they've got at getting the 3 time DPOY.

We can always dream though...Duncan and Wallace guarding the paint? Getting a lay-up would be like trying to roll a watermelon through a mine field.

TheAfricanFan
07-08-2005, 10:25 AM
in 2006 we will have enough cap to throw at him a decent contract. with Duncan and Pop talking to him maybe it could be possible

angel_luv
07-08-2005, 10:39 AM
I am for any plan that includes not trading Rasho this year. = )

However, I think it would be a big mistake chemistry wise to give up either Rasho or Nazr for Ben. I don't see Ben fitting in here.

Solid D
07-08-2005, 10:53 AM
None of Detroits players will ever make it to the Spurs, Ben Wallace is their life in Detroit, besides we really dont need them. We proved this year that their players cant compete with ours, only one man can, and that was Chauncey Billups.

I don't think the Spurs proved that the other Pistons players (besides Billups) cannot compete with them. The Pistons went 7 games, toe-to-toe with the Spurs and actually outscored them in the series.

Dingle Barry
07-08-2005, 10:57 AM
I think Ben would be a perfect fit in SA

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 12:58 PM
It'd be pretty wicked to have him next to TD.

Sense
07-08-2005, 01:01 PM
I have an idea.
Why don't we stay with our plan, get Scola re-sign Devin, and play like ourselves???
From what I can see Narz's contract expires next year and so does Ben Wallace's.
I think that if Duncan stays heathy we can get another championship with this same team next year so why not wait till we see if Narz can develop or not. In 2006-2007 we can:
- sign Wallace and he becomes our startin center;
- S&T Mohamed or Rasho for Wallace;

What do you think??? :oops

( Tayshaun will be a restricted free-agent next year too )

it's hilarious for you to think that Ben Wallace will join the Spurs after they got beat in the Finals by them...

From what I know... Ben Wallace is their Franchise Player, mostly because he's their best defender, and he's always been known to be like that. He keeps the team in structure, and he definately will not like SA.

There's no way they would trade Nazr or Rasho for wallace..

So I think this is stupid.

DDS4
07-08-2005, 01:08 PM
The way Ben shoots free throws, he'll fit right in.

Spurologist
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM
This is way off topic but AfricanFan, what part of African are you from?