PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: LOL Hornets

Darth_Pelican
04-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Tonight marks the final game ever for the shitty NBA team known as the Hornets.

I thought it would only be fitting to end it with one final LOL Hornets thread. I look forward to the Pelicans :toast

:lolHornets
:lolbye bye CP3
:lol2nd lowest NBA attendance this season
:lolOverpaying for diva Eric Gordon
:lolAustin Rivers, nice fucking pick
:lolNever winning a title in the history of their existence
:lolKobe
:lolone of the worst former owners in the history of sports
:lolpoorly run organization
:lolKatrina
:lolconstantly letting good players bolt
:lolCP3 deferring to Pargo in the biggest moment of his life
:lollosing Game 7 at home
:lol121-63
:lolbankrupt team saved by Tom Benson
:lolgood fucking riddance

whitemamba
04-17-2013, 01:39 PM
well done.

Raven
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
aren't the bobcats going to be the new/old hornets?

BatManu20
04-17-2013, 01:46 PM
The Bobcats are likely becoming the Charlotte Hornets again next season, taking the original colors again too.

They took a poll with Charlotte fans to decide if they should or not. MJ is such a pleaser...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/charlotte-bobcats-decided-poll-fans-determine-become-charlotte-172407659--nba.html

Darth_Pelican
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I've read that they were only considering taking the name back, and that even if they did, it would be a 2 year process.

Bynumite
04-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Same shit, different name.

Calling a turd a rose won't make it smell any better.

AaronY
04-17-2013, 01:59 PM
What a trenchant observation Bynumite.

Monster1776
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
So... Does this mean we have to start calling New Orleans the Pelicans now? I feel bad, it seems mean, they have a horrible team, why rub it in by calling them funny names.

http://cmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/New-Orleans-Pelicans-Basketball-2012-Meme.jpg

baseline bum
04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
:lolOverpaying for diva Eric Gordon

Guess you guys were the only ones to pay for their basketball reasons.

Pelicans78
04-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised Darth Pelicans hasn't been bolded yet. Maybe the best Pelican fan poster here.

Im worried that after one year of making a horrible pick in Rivers, they're gonna make another horrible pick with Shabazz. It's gonna be hard to watch a team consisting of Gordon, Rivers, Vasquez, and Shabazz.

Reck
04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
So... Does this mean we have to start calling New Orleans the Pelicans now? I feel bad, it seems mean, they have a horrible team, why rub it in by calling them funny names.

http://cmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/New-Orleans-Pelicans-Basketball-2012-Meme.jpg

Are all you Thunder "fans" the same person here or what?

You all sound exactly the same. :lol

Monster1776
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Are all you Thunder "fans" the same person here or what?

You all sound exactly the same. :lol

Really? You don't find the moniker of "The Pelicans" the least bit amusing?

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
The Bobcats are likely becoming the Charlotte Hornets again next season, taking the original colors again too.

They took a poll with Charlotte fans to decide if they should or not. MJ is such a pleaser...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/charlotte-bobcats-decided-poll-fans-determine-become-charlotte-172407659--nba.html

Nigga... you have the gayest fucking sig I have ever seen on here.

Reck
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM

That horse has been beaten to death.

We all had our laughs at the name when it was first announced. Now its just funny in a dumb way because of the fact they are called Pelicans.

Clipper Nation
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
We did months ago when it was announced, but leave it to Methlahomans to finally discover a joke long after the rest of the world has stopped laughing :lol

Thread
04-17-2013, 06:05 PM
^+ they're devoting all their spare time in blaming the officiating so when they lose, they win.

tee, hee.

Monster1776
04-17-2013, 07:03 PM
There's no discovering the joke, now that the regular season ends for the Hornets tonight it would only make sense that the franchise would begin to go by the Pelican moniker so as to stir-up support for the transition into next year's season. So now that the said official transition is nigh, it makes sense to rehash the question of even if the franchise chooses to go along with the Pelican name, should we go along with it as well when we find it so comical. And I apologize if it's beating a dead horse, but is it really any worse than the stale "name the free throw line after KD" or Methlahoma jokes; ironically being posed by a person supporting a team whose based in a state where Meth cases are twice as prevalent per capita than Oklahoma? At least Laker fans can take solace in their history; come back to me when you can properly insult someone or at the very least have something to brag about (and no, hanging a division champion banner in an arena that already has 16 championship banners hanging from another team does not constitute something to brag about.

Pelicans78
04-17-2013, 08:17 PM

More creative than the Thunder. That name and especially the logo is weak sauce.

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 01:02 AM
More creative than the Thunder. That name and especially the logo is weak sauce.

Admittedly no one was exactly overly enthusiastic about the logo or name when they were revealed, although both seem to be growing on most people with the Thunder's success. Really no NBA team has a GREAT name, Lakers, who would name a team after lakes? Clippers: Boats, Warriors: generic, Pacers: I honestly have no idea what the fuck that is. It seems to me a team's namesake hinges more on it's success than its cleverness ie: Celtics/Lakers. That being said the only reason I hate to see New Orleans lose its identity is because Hugo the Hornet and teal and purple will always have a place in our heart back when they came to Oklahoma; I'll always remember wearing my David West jersey to the games.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Lakers, who would name a team after lakes?

Oh, I don't know, maybe a team (at time of founding) based in Minnesota, the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"? :lol

Clippers: Boats
Considering they chose the name when they moved to San Diego, a town with a major maritime history, it fit....

Pacers: I honestly have no idea what the fuck that is.
A pace car in the Indy 500...

Methlahoma education, folks :lol

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Oh, I don't know, maybe a team (at time of founding) based in Minnesota, the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"? :lol

... Yes, obviously it makes sense for the team at the time when it was based in Minnesota, but why retain the name when you move to LA which really has no lakes to speak of. Do I really need to be explicit with each and every word I write out for you?

whitemamba
04-18-2013, 01:50 AM
\

F1>Indy tbh

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 01:54 AM

Considering they chose the name when they moved to San Diego, a town with a major maritime history, it fit....

Really? You're going to mock me because I wasn't able to connect a NBA team's namesake to an obscure reference to NASCAR? And you call us rednecks? Pft.

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 01:56 AM
F1>Indy tbh

It's more entertaining when the driver doesn't only have to turn left.

whitemamba
04-18-2013, 02:13 AM
It's more entertaining when the driver doesn't only have to turn left.

now your twice as stupid as ClipperNation pointed out, Indy is not Nascar....

Reck
04-18-2013, 02:22 AM

Damn CN going in. :lol

We dont need to explain why the Spurs are called the Spurs, do we? Haha

Reck
04-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Really? You're going to mock me because I wasn't able to connect a NBA team's namesake to an obscure reference to NASCAR? And you call us rednecks? Pft.

LOL just be quiet.

Indy, F1 and NASCAR are all different sports with different cars and racetracks.

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 02:28 AM
now your twice as stupid as ClipperNation pointed out, Indy is not Nascar....

And exactly who gives a shit again? I apologize, I'm not really familiar with racing and don't care to know the difference between the Daytona 500 and Indy 500; I understand you both have teams that are shit and have no hope to reach the conference finals, but I'll stick with being interested in basketball. Now kindly get the fuck out; here's the door:http://racing-forums.com/

whitemamba
04-18-2013, 02:49 AM
^Dumbass^

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 02:59 AM
^white trash^

whitemamba
04-18-2013, 03:25 AM
^Cum Veins^

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 03:27 AM
^Cum Veins^

All the validation I need.

Thebesteva
04-18-2013, 03:37 AM
UNLEASH THE PELICAN

Latarian Milton
04-18-2013, 07:11 AM
hornets weren't a shitty franchise back in the 90s imho, not brilliant but still better than those life-long losers such as bobcats and raptors imho.