PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Spurs for a great regular season

EVAY
04-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Before the playoffs start, and before the threats and imprecations begin against who should have done what better and who is a scrub and who is whatever....

I just want to say that the Spurs gave us a great season again.

Thank you tim Duncan, for having taken such great care of your body and working to be a terrific player for any age, most particularly for the age at which you are playing.

Thank you Tiago Splitter for having been there for every single game this season and for finally convincing Pop to play you starter minutes and for giving us a second really big man in the post.

Thank you Kawhi Leonard for having developed into a truly inspiring small forward and for giving us exciting moments of spectacular dunks and hints of how great you will be by next year.

Thank you Tony Parker for having an MVP year before your ankle injury and for holding the team together and carrying us on your back through a season of tons of injuries for other players. Thanks for being our team leader for the regular season.

Thank you Manu Ginobili for another year of being the warrior that you are, for never being boring, for always giving 150%, and for occasionally being simply spectacular as a player. Please stay healthy during the playoffs.

Thank you Danny Green for trying to be the three point dagger we need from your position when we needed Manu to run the second team. Thank you for improving your defense from last year. It showed and we noticed.

Thank you Gary Neal for being fearless in your shooting.

Thank you Boris Diaw for showing what a great passer looks like in a front court guy who has a really high b-ball I.Q.

Thank you DeJuan Blair for getting yourself in physically good shape and playing hard virtually every time you are on the court.

Thank you Matt Bonner for developing a defensive game that is better this year than last year, and thanks for developing a little runner when you are run off the three point line.

Thank you Nando DeColo for learning our system and for having a high basketball IQ.

Thank you Cory Joseph for developing yourself into a positive force on the team as a backup.

Thank you Patty Mills for teaching all of San Antonio the nuances of towel-waving.

Thank all of you guys for 82 games that you showed up for and that were great entertainment for those of us in San Antonio who are lucky enough to be spoiled by a team that wins 58 games (or whatever) and then has to put up with some of us actually complaining about you.

Lots of us know what you have given us and thank you for it.

Hope you keep it going into the playoffs, but if not, thanks for the ride.

urunobili
04-17-2013, 09:37 PM
thanks Spurs. I'll love you forever regardless :tu

BatManu20
04-17-2013, 09:39 PM
1st round exit or not, Spurs fan til I die!

Brazil
04-17-2013, 09:40 PM
:tu

ElNono
04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
+1

Reck
04-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Good season, not great by Spurs standards tbh.

xtremesteven33
04-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Nicely done.

Spurs fans should enjoy the ride and savor the twilight years of the modern day dynasty.

DesignatedT
04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
:tu

Could be a lot worse. Hopefully we have another run in us starting Sunday.

LarryDavid
Anyone else think that having Fan appreciate night on the last night of the season is some BS??

outmap
No matter what happens, very proud of the Spurs!

TampaDude
04-17-2013, 09:47 PM
No matter what happens, very proud of the Spurs!

Indeed.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

TheGoldStandard
04-17-2013, 09:49 PM
SAS till the wheels fall off.

spurraider21
04-17-2013, 09:52 PM
:toast

these guys spoil the shit out of us

timtonymanu
04-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Indeed.

Ugly ending to the regular season, but I'm gonna root hard for my team like I always do.

Dex
04-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Set the bar for regular season excellence with another 50+ wins. They've picked up 4 titles along the way, so I won't be crying myself to sleep at night if this postseason doesn't go all the way.

Amazing time to be a Spurs fan, tbh.

EricB
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Anyone else think that having Fan appreciate night on the last night of the season is some BS??

Uh when should it be?