PDA

View Full Version : Are ya'll ready for this

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Now that the regular season is done with. Then let's get it started. No complaints. Last 2 years we enter the playoffs rolling and as the number 1 seed, this year every team wants to face us. Let's prove them wrong. Hell this could be the last shot at redemption for Timmy D. Whatever happens, enjoy. :toast

hooperflash
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm ready for whatever comes our way, Go Spurs Go!

baseline bum
04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Now that the regular season is done with. Then let's get it started. No complaints. Last 2 years we enter the playoffs rolling and as the number 1 seed, this year every team wants to face us. Let's prove them wrong. Hell this could be the last shot at redemption for Timmy D. Whatever happens, enjoy. :toast

Redemption? The guy has 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVP, and 4 rings. Anything since 2010 is just a bonus.

Robz4000
04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
You shittin me? Two years ago the Spurs went in almost as bad and lost in the first round. Not that I think it'll happen again, but who the fuck knows.

mando6599
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
GO SPURS GO!

TheGoldStandard
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM
We should be so lucky, it's been a blast seeing them in the playoffs every year for the past 15 years and still going strong. Win or Lose I'll enjoy this run and hope for the best.

Mugen
04-17-2013, 10:06 PM
100%duncan with the worst motivational speech in history tbh.

EricB
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM
You shittin me? Two years ago the Spurs went in almost as bad and lost in the first round. Not that I think it'll happen again, but who the fuck knows.

Worse defensively than now, depth now better.

Johnny RIngo
04-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Redemption? The guy has 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVP, and 4 rings. Anything since 2010 is just a bonus.

He should probably have five or six rings but Parker/Ginobili were never reliable 2nd options like other superstars support players(Shaq had Kobe, Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem, Bird had McHale, etc). I think '99 and 2005 were the only years Duncan had a star-quality second option on his championship teams.

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 10:10 PM
100%duncan with the worst motivational speech in history tbh.
I pity you if you considered that as a speech tbh. Mugen per par.

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM

His career could've been better if Pop wasn't such a basket case. Would've won more than that imho.

Robz4000
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Worse defensively than now, depth now better.

Idk, their depth has been pretty abysmal as of late. We'll see if Manu being back helps fix that.

Brunodf
04-17-2013, 10:15 PM
His career could've been better if Pop wasn't such a basket case. Would've won more than that imho.
This and Spurs cheap @ss owner

baseline bum
04-17-2013, 10:26 PM

It's posts like this that make me cringe every time I come and post upstairs now. Pop is one of the greatest things to ever happen to the franchise. I know lots of people here don't remember Cotton Fitzsimmons, Bob Hill, Jerry Tarkanian, John Lucas, etc. and have never known a badly coached Spurs team. Don't worry, you'll get your chance to see it in 3-4 years when Pop's enjoying his retirement and getting elected into the Hall of Fame.

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 10:31 PM
It's posts like this that make me cringe every time I come and post upstairs now. Pop is one of the greatest things to ever happen to the franchise. I know lots of people here don't remember Cotton Fitzsimmons, Bob Hill, Jerry Tarkanian, John Lucas, etc. and have never known a badly coached Spurs team. Don't worry, you'll get your chance to see it in 3-4 years when Pop's enjoying his retirement and getting elected into the Hall of Fame.

It's never hating. It's just the truth. Pop was and is the reason of the Spurs' accomplishments, outside of Tim. But that's the way it is. I don't know how you can disagree especially with how he got outcoached by fucking Scott Brooks last year after having a 2-0 lead. It's fact. Pop has given us great years and bad years because that's just how the world works. No hating here.

Mugen
04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
100%cringe tbh.

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Since when did your comebacks been this bad tbh?

BatManu20
04-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Realistically we're a 2nd round exit right now. But let's enjoy it while it lasts :toast

Johnny RIngo
04-17-2013, 10:39 PM
It's never hating. It's just the truth. Pop was and is the reason of the Spurs' accomplishments, outside of Tim. But that's the way it is. I don't know how you can disagree especially with how he got outcoached by fucking Scott Brooks last year after having a 2-0 lead. It's fact. Pop has given us great years and bad years because that's just how the world works. No hating here.

Pop getting raped by Phil Jackson over and over again has never bothered me seeing as PJ is the GOAT coach. Losing to the Scott Brooks Thunder isn't really anything to get worked up over either considering the talent disparity between them and the Spurs(their star players were better than our star players)

BUT when Pop gets outcoached by Avery fucking Johnson and loses that series WITH homecourt and WITH prime Duncan putting up beast stats throughout....inexcusable. Will never forgive Pop for that one.

100%duncan
04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Pop getting raped by Phil Jackson over and over again has never bothered me seeing as PJ is the GOAT coach. Losing to the Scott Brooks Thunder isn't really anything to get worked up over either considering the talent disparity between them and the Spurs(their star players were better than our star players)

BUT when Pop gets outcoached by Avery fucking Johnson and loses that series WITH homecourt and WITH prime Duncan putting up beast stats throughout....inexcusable. Will never forgive Pop for that one.

Last year isn't forgivable. Saying OKC having better and younger talents is a water is wet statement. What the Spurs more importantly had better against OKC was coaching but it failed too. That was just sad. But then again, no hate for Pop. Just the way it is.

SpursFanaticInVegas
04-17-2013, 10:51 PM
We should be so lucky, it's been a blast seeing them in the playoffs every year for the past 15 years and still going strong. Win or Lose I'll enjoy this run and hope for the best.

I agree. My expectations of a wonderful run are always fulfilled. Only 1 team wins every year.

therealtruth
04-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Last year isn't forgivable. Saying OKC having better and younger talents is a water is wet statement. What the Spurs more importantly had better against OKC was coaching but it failed too. That was just sad. But then again, no hate for Pop. Just the way it is.

Exactly. If the Thunder were so much better they wouldn't have lost games 1 and 2. After winning the first 2 games the Spurs had history on their side. 90% of teams up 2-0 win the series. If that's not out coaching I don't know what is. If SB hadn't changed his game plan he would have lost the series. It also makes me respect PJ more. He was something like 47-0 when winning the first game.

TJastal
04-18-2013, 06:10 AM

Tim Duncan is the best thing to happen to the franchise, not Pop. It is becoming more and more obvious each season Pop's maniacal lineups and favorite douchebag players torpedo promising seasons.

With any luck Pop's ego, stupidity, and chutzpah will kick in right around the time Duncan calls it quits and he sticks around another 4-5 years so this fact will be crystal clear even to the hardcore dullards of the forum. But he'll probably elect to step down at that time knowing deep down things would fall completely apart.

Legacy
04-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Let's break this "curse!!!" :p: (J/K BTW, lol, I fully support the T-Mac signing, thanks)

*ahem*

I mean... Let's go on and expose these faker fucks!!! :ihit

100%duncan
04-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Bring on LA.

bklynspursfan
04-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Realistically we're a 2nd round exit right now. But let's enjoy it while it lasts :toast

You don't think we could beat either Denver or GS?