PDA

View Full Version : Will the Spurs use bulletin board material?..

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2013, 12:12 AM
They have been getting disrespected all week and rightfully so, they deserve the blame for their shitty play lately..

Analysts are picking against them in the 1st round, teams are trying to match up with them in the playoffs, nobody is scared of them anymore..

Do you think Pop and the players will use this bulletin board material for motivation, or is this team too soft and gutless, tbh?..

DesignatedT
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Have you ever heard of Pop and the Spurs doing this in the past? I'm not sure it's their style but I definitely would if I was them.

Johnny RIngo
04-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Do you think Pop and the players will use this bulletin board material for motivation, or is this team too soft and gutless, tbh?..

Grizzlies tanked to play SA in 2011 and SA didn't punish them for it. This season is looking like that year all over again unfortunately.

TheGoldStandard
04-18-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm sure they see what's going on, they hear what's being said, they don't live under a rock. That being said, too much of a veteran team to use this as motivation, if you're not motivated to win at this time of year then you get ready for an exit. Manu looked a lot better tonight at least with movement so that's a good sign just needs rhythm shooting and Parker, I don't know about him. He seemed to come on just before the end of the 1st half and then disappeared so who knows if his confidence is wavering. Hopefully the team will pull it together in the playoffs, losing actually matters now.

chapnis
04-18-2013, 12:18 AM
I keep expecting them to get out of the slump but they're not, so hopefully it comes during the first round otherwise it'll get very ugly.

superjames1992
04-18-2013, 12:20 AM
No bulletin board material is needed. This is the San Antonio Spurs. They've been here before.

crc21209
04-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Not sure if it's Pop's style like DesignatedT just stated but hell yeah I would use it. Show them clips of all these fucks talking bad about them...

hater
04-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I said spurs are the laughingstock of the league right now and ppl here came after me :lol

And now with the signing of Mcgrady, spurs are in danger of becoming an epic laughingstock. I still feel good about our chances vs. Lakers. Spurs in 5 or 6.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-18-2013, 12:31 AM
We just need our players to find their groove. The team that dismantled the Clippers at LA is unbeatable. If that team shows up, we sweep Lakers, but I highly doubt that team shows up cause Parker and Leonard are beat up.

Pasta Batman
04-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Grizzlies tanked to play SA in 2011 and SA didn't punish them for it. This season is looking like that year all over again unfortunately.

Grizz were damn good (Zbo's best stretch of his career) and Spurs were very banged up (Duncan and Manu had a broken arm).

angelbelow
04-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Well he wore an ugly ass beard for weeks to send a message so I think he'll use the media as some sort of motivation for the team.

Budkin
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM

These Lakers are not even in the same league as those Grizzlies.

therealtruth
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM
This is an ultimate lose lose series for the Spurs with no Kobe. They're expected to win. If the Lakers lose they can always claim they didn't have Kobe.

Sean Cagney
04-18-2013, 01:20 AM
This is an ultimate lose lose series for the Spurs with no Kobe. They're expected to win. If the Lakers lose they can always claim they didn't have Kobe.No doubt at all, but I would rather them win it just to say we won it and not have to hear from it again. Kobe is out yes, but this team will still be a pain in our asses, period.

weeks
04-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Well he wore an ugly ass beard for weeks to send a message so I think he'll use the media as some sort of motivation for the team.
i liked pops beard
still wish he had it everytime i see him

Legacy
04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
No doubt at all, but I would rather them win it just to say we won it and not have to hear from it again. Kobe is out yes, but this team will still be a pain in our asses, period.

WORD.

EVAY
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm sure they see what's going on, they hear what's being said, they don't live under a rock. That being said, too much of a veteran team to use this as motivation, if you're not motivated to win at this time of year then you get ready for an exit. Manu looked a lot better tonight at least with movement so that's a good sign just needs rhythm shooting and Parker, I don't know about him. He seemed to come on just before the end of the 1st half and then disappeared so who knows if his confidence is wavering. Hopefully the team will pull it together in the playoffs, losing actually matters now.

You mean, he literally disappeared, right? Because he never saw the court in the second half, did he?

maverick1948
04-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Spurs dont need bulletin board bull sheet. They remember the last 5 yrs of being close only to lose. Pop I do believe will remind them of that every day. Our chances against the Lakers? Spurs in 5.

Hoops Czar
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
The Spurs don't play well under pressure. If they fall behind in the series and face the slightest bit of adversity, they'll fold like a card table.

boutons_deux
04-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Blake is shooting 42% 3G this season, no fluke.

SJax? :lol

silverblackfan
04-18-2013, 12:20 PM
This is an ultimate lose lose series for the Spurs with no Kobe. They're expected to win. If the Lakers lose they can always claim they didn't have Kobe.

The real gem in this is that if L.A. loses, it will reinforce Kobe's belief that the team can't win without him shooting the lion's share of the shots. Which he will proceed to do at the end of next season when he comes back, thereby dismantling any synergy they had up to that point.

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 12:22 PM

This is true, but honestly - who gives a rat's ass outside of LA what they will always claim?

This is one of those situations where a win is a win, ugly or not.

Budkin
04-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Just play your asses off and win the fucking thing.

ace3g
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
well if they do, they can use this: SI writer's picks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130418/nba-playoffs-2013-predictions-miami-heat/?sct=hp_t11_a11&eref=sihp

Sean Cagney
04-19-2013, 01:20 PM
well if they do, they can use this: SI writer's picks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130418/nba-playoffs-2013-predictions-miami-heat/?sct=hp_t11_a11&eref=sihp
They all have SA beating LA though? They can't use that for first round, thats for sure.

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Fratello and Smitty on NBATV picked the Spurs.
Havent watched the ESPN guys but I doubt anyone is picking the Lakers ...
Even I AM NOT picking the LAkers ...
I think recent struggles actually helps Spurs so they wont be complacent in Game 1.

Spurs in 5, 6 if we are lucky.

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM

No excuses. IF we lose we lost to the better team ...end of story.

KenziE
04-19-2013, 09:14 PM
WORD.

nice to see you back

TheGoldStandard
04-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Nice to see people with clarity, LA will have a punchers chance but it's unlikely they'll win the series. 6 games.

spursince#99
04-19-2013, 10:11 PM
The Spurs don't play well under pressure. If they fall behind in the series and face the slightest bit of adversity, they'll fold like a card table.

dang. Although this post displays no sort of confidence whatsoever, it's quite true tbh, smh.

LkrFan
04-19-2013, 10:58 PM
They have been getting disrespected all week and rightfully so, they deserve the blame for their shitty play lately..

Analysts are picking against them in the 1st round, teams are trying to match up with them in the playoffs, nobody is scared of them anymore..

What (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22097544/2013-nba-playoffs-first-round-expert-picks) a (http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NBA?vid=00243b02-adcf-455a-b6d4-7f445e2068f4&from=foxsports/nba/stories) shitty (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/ESPN-Forecast-WestPlayoffsRd1-130419/western-conference-first-round-forecast)post (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130418/nba-playoffs-2013-predictions-miami-heat/?sct=uk_t11_a10). Nobody is picking the Lakers. :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2013, 11:10 PM
All the analysts that said "Lakers would win the series" have changed their minds on their official picks on ESPN, etc:lol..

Media says anything that brings viewers, I suppose..

spurraider21
04-19-2013, 11:15 PM
For spurfan it's not as bad. If lakers win its because Kobe didnt chuck them out of games

Legacy
04-21-2013, 06:33 AM
nice to see you back

Hey, Kenz. A much needed break was very much needed. :lol

KenziE
04-23-2013, 02:16 AM
Hey, Kenz. A much needed break was very much needed. :lol

hehe see ya around gospursgo