PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Wilt Gasol..

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2013, 12:18 AM
17 Points
20 Rebounds
11 Assists
2 Blocks

Most under-appreciated player of my lifetime, tbh..

:lol Vino

xtremesteven33
04-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Mike DAntoni is a fuckin moron

ElNono
04-18-2013, 12:22 AM
lol off the bench
lol "don't know how to use him"
lol "we're better with Jamison"
lol D'Antoni

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2013, 12:22 AM
:lol

:( but Kobe needed to become Vino and take 25 shots a game :(

spurraider21
04-18-2013, 12:24 AM
lol off the bench
lol "don't know how to use him"
lol "we're better with Jamison"
lol D'Antoni

Reporter: "Coach, why was Gasol on the bench down the stretch in the fourth?"

D'Antoni: "We wanted to win the game"

HI-FI
04-18-2013, 12:25 AM
17 Points
20 Rebounds
11 Assists
2 Blocks

I was about to start the same thread.

He is the most underrated player of the past 10 years. Carried Kobe to 3 Finals appearances. all the Laker fans joined this site after his signing, therefore showing their confidence in him over Kobe.

it's sad to see the shit he's taken by that fanbase. Im a fan of both Gasols, both just incredibly underrated.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2013, 12:25 AM
:cry "But... but... Pau never won anything in Memphis!" :cry

baseline bum
04-18-2013, 12:29 AM
This is what I was worried about. Gasol gets to play his efficient and diversified game instead of standing at the three point line and watching Westbrook Senior chuck 30 low-percentage jumpers.

Brunodf
04-18-2013, 12:30 AM
Nothing to see here, already carried the Lakers to 2 championships, i wouldn't doubt him

hater
04-18-2013, 12:31 AM
he finally looked like old Pau tonight and Howard like a DPOY

Splitter/Duncan vs. Howard/Pau great matchups

Clipper Nation
04-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Kirby stans avoiding this thread like the plague :lol

baseline bum
04-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Kirby stans avoiding this thread like the plague :lol

LOL Laker fan desperately wanting to trade Gasol for scrub-ass faggot Bargnani.

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2013, 12:33 AM
These last few wins have been impressive b/c they've won despite shooting horrible %'s. There's hope for a run to the WCF, albeit a small one

Mugen
04-18-2013, 12:34 AM
DD, remember when you wanted Bustnani for Pau straight up?

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2013, 12:35 AM

I was in a dark place, then.

AaronY
04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Pau definitely bleeds every 28 days...so its not hard to see Laker fans getting fed up with him periodically when he's pulling one of his Harden without the whistles disappearing acts. He's fine most of the time tho its just some of the games he has...yikes can't blame them for losing perspective when the guy pulls one of his 4 point 5 rebound no shows in a big game

007nites
04-18-2013, 12:41 AM

JingleJangleJingle
04-18-2013, 12:41 AM
lol Kobe out of the rotation and suddenly the Lakers can beat playoff teams.

Bynumite
04-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Props to Pau for removing the sand from his vagina.

Brunodf
These last few wins have been impressive b/c they've won despite shooting horrible %'s. There's hope for a run to the WCF, albeit a small one
No 4 vs 5 on D anymore, Kobe is out= your D is good

whitemamba
wow... gasol finally played the way we know he can play... its about fucking time, quit sucking his dick like hes been good all year.

mercos
04-18-2013, 12:44 AM
The Lakers struggles started a few years back when they started favoring Bynum over Gasol in the post. A lot of people thought Gasol was washed up, but it looks like he was just disgruntled. With steady touches, he might still be the best big in the league right now. The Lakers got a beast front line, but they have to carry an incredibly weak back court now. It will be interesting to see how far the newest twin towers can take them.

Mugen
04-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Tiago v Pau in the Charmin Bowl 2013 tbh.

baseline bum
04-18-2013, 01:17 AM

DD fishing for 50-16 comments.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2013, 01:18 AM
dantoni i dunno how he continues to pull in $10m cheques for an overrated coach he is

Thread
04-18-2013, 01:20 AM
dantoni i dunno how he continues to pull in $10m cheques for an overrated coach he is

Aside from Carlisle in Texas & Rilstra in Florida it doesn't matter.

Venti Quattro
04-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Vino knows.

Latarian Milton
04-18-2013, 05:58 AM
aint saying alot when rockets best low-post player is what? asik :lol

ambchang
04-18-2013, 07:29 AM
It's a wonder how, all of a sudden, Pau, Howard, and even Blake is playing like/better than what everybody expected them, and the Lakers are winning.

I haven't been following what's been happening in the league, but can some Laker fan tell me if anything changed with the team the last couple of games?

Killakobe81
04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
he finally looked like old Pau tonight and Howard like a DPOY

Splitter/Duncan vs. Howard/Pau great matchups

This but he has looked good all month except that horrid game (shooting-wise) against the SPurs ...

LOL Like I said everytime the LAkers win and the Spurs lose on the same night we get one of these threads ...

Im happy for Pau he was shaky for a bit in the 4th ...but a great all around game ... kudos to him proud of my team for winning a tough one.

Killakobe81
04-18-2013, 07:50 AM
It's a wonder how, all of a sudden, Pau, Howard, and even Blake is playing like/better than what everybody expected them, and the Lakers are winning.

I haven't been following what's been happening in the league, but can some Laker fan tell me if anything changed with the team the last couple of games?

I know you fishing early this morn, but again why not just let this thread focus on Pau? He played very well, there are plenty threads for you to rehash your Pau love/Kobe bashing ... let Gasol get his for once ...jeesh.

ambchang
04-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Gasol should get his, but what stopped him earlier on? He just suddenly woke up after 80 games into the season?

Thread
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Gasol should get his, but what stopped him earlier on?

Perkins & Powe stomped a mudhole in his ass in the '08 Finals and he's never recovered.

Killakobe81
04-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Gasol should get his, but what stopped him earlier on? He just suddenly woke up after 80 games into the season?

Pau mentioned first time all year he us healthy he also had a triple double (Blazers) before the Achilles ...so your theory is bullshit.

ambchang
04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Perkins & Powe stomped a mudhole in his ass in the '08 Finals and he's never recovered.

Is that why he led the Lakers two b2b championships?

Pau mentioned first time all year he us healthy he also had a triple double (Blazers) before the Achilles ...so your theory is bullshit.

Health again? How many times does an average Laker fan fall for the injury card a year? 3 times? 4 times? To be fair, I only expected these to be Kobe-related injuries, not Pau-related.

Sportcamper
04-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Let’s look at the upside…D’ Antoni recently learned that he can play Gasol & Howard simultaneously and at the same time…

Thread
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Please:::

The moment Howard went to center court in the '09 Finals & flashed that watermelon grin Kobe just pulled his shorts right on down & set 'em on his sneakers.
The moment Perkins tipped over at the top of Game 6 in the '10 Finals I went to work on 5-4 Kobe over the tired old shit bag Duncan. Well, not right away, but, right after Kobe shoveled it to Artest.

P.S., Pau didn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

ambchang
04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Please:::

The moment Howard went to center court in the '09 Finals & flashed that watermelon grin Kobe just pulled his shorts right on down & set 'em on his sneakers.
The moment Perkins tipped over at the top of Game 6 in the '10 Finals I went to work on 5-4 Kobe over the tired old shit bag Duncan. Well, not right away, but, right after Kobe shoveled it to Artest.

P.S., Pau didn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

You mean the infamous 6-24 game where Kobe broke even and Gasol had a +/- of +7? The game where Gasol scored 19 (on 6-16) and grabbed 18 boards with 4 assists and 2 blocks? That game? Or do you mean the game where the LAL outshot the Celtics 37-17 in FTA? Oh wait, they are the same game!

Relevancy
04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't know why opposing fans always love to bring up a player to bring down another, quite pathetic. This thread was just made to undervalue Bryant clearly, what they don't get is that any reasonable Laker fan will cheer for everyone on the Lakers, it won't matter to them who succeeds over who, as long as the name "Lakers" is successful I could careless.

ambchang
04-18-2013, 03:09 PM
You got it all wrong, the thread was created to give credit to MVPau, long over due credit.

That is it, and that is all.

Cue trendsetter schtick.

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2013, 03:13 PM
17 Points
20 Rebounds
11 Assists
2 Blocks

Thanks for posting this...it's time for Gasol to go into Olympic Silver Medalist mode...he dominated team USA during the Olympic game it's time for him to duplicate that effort...for all Kobe has done for him he should at least be able to carry us to the Finals

Relevancy
04-18-2013, 03:20 PM
You got it all wrong, the thread was created to give credit to MVPau, long over due credit.

That is it, and that is all.

Cue trendsetter schtick.Who are you to talk, I see you in every Kobe-related thread and you always take shots at him or undervalue his true worth. Please do not speak like some reasonable man, because you're not.

To top it all off you make it seem like the Lakers don't miss Bryant, which they will against the Spurs, Bryant has been successful against the Spurs many times from what I remember.

ambchang
04-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks for posting this...it's time for Gasol to go into Olympic Silver Medalist mode...he dominated team USA during the Olympic game it's time for him to duplicate that effort...for all Kobe has done for him he should at least be able to carry us to the Finals

He already did. Twice.

Who are you to talk, I see you in every Kobe-related thread and you always take shots at him or undervalue his true worth. Please do not speak like some reasonable man, because you're not.

To top it all off you make it seem like the Lakers don't miss Bryant, which they will against the Spurs, Bryant has been successful against the Spurs many times from what I remember.

:lol Laker fan masquerading as a Clipper fan to troll
:lol Kobe fan masquerading as Laker fan to hide his lust for Kobe
:lol I read on the internet.
:lol Harping on "accomplishments" of scoring on Brent Barry, and the corpse of Steve Smith
:lol shot 45%, 43% and 46% when single teamed by Bruce Bowen with Shaq Daddy drawing all the attention.
:lol Lakers going from struggling for an 8th seed to making the 7th seed with Kobe out, beating respectable teams in both cases.

Relevancy
04-18-2013, 03:57 PM
He already did. Twice.

:lol Laker fan masquerading as a Clipper fan to troll
:lol Kobe fan masquerading as Laker fan to hide his lust for Kobe
:lol I read on the internet.
:lol Harping on "accomplishments" of scoring on Brent Barry, and the corpse of Steve Smith
:lol shot 45%, 43% and 46% when single teamed by Bruce Bowen with Shaq Daddy drawing all the attention.
:lol Lakers going from struggling for an 8th seed to making the 7th seed with Kobe out, beating respectable teams in both cases.Ughh, I was expecting a well written post, but I got this? Just forget it.

ambchang
04-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Ughh, I was expecting a well written post, but I got this? Just forget it.

I was expecting any way to dispute this, but I got this? Just forget it.

ShowtimeFan
04-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Great game from Pau! Glad to have him healthy and being properly used by D'Antoni after admitting he'd been misusing him for a while.

No comment on the idiotic trolling side of this.

hater
04-18-2013, 04:07 PM
at some point IMO Duncan will have to guard Gasol when Splitter is getting killed. Man Diaw would be so useful :pctoss

IMO contain Gasol and let Dwight get his points. from the FT line

Killakobe81
04-18-2013, 07:29 PM

Health again? How many times does an average Laker fan fall for the injury card a year? 3 times? 4 times? To be fair, I only expected these to be Kobe-related injuries, not Pau-related.

You asked a question.
I answered.
I was not excusing his poor play ... just reporting what he said.
Come on Amb, you are better than this.
LOL Spur fan calling out another fanbase for using the injury card or excuse making :rollin

Arcadian
04-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Pau is the true MVP of that team. Howard is just lucky to be playing with such a talented partner.

Thread
04-19-2013, 07:15 AM
^Pau couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

ambchang
04-19-2013, 08:30 AM
You asked a question.
I answered.
I was not excusing his poor play ... just reporting what he said.
Come on Amb, you are better than this.
LOL Spur fan calling out another fanbase for using the injury card or excuse making :rollin

You found me using the injury card a lot wrt the Spurs?

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
You found me using the injury card a lot wrt the Spurs?

Nah excuse making is your game ...you damn good too. Using win shares and the like to excuse the bottom line ...

ambchang
04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Nah excuse making is your game ...you damn good too. Using win shares and the like to excuse the bottom line ...

And you using 5>4 as an excuse? I don't get how WS are excuses when those are hard numbers that provides insights into how a single player fits into a team.

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
And you using 5>4 as an excuse? I don't get how WS are excuses when those are hard numbers that provides insights into how a single player fits into a team.

Nope that is fact. You use winshares to say things such as: Pau led the Lakers in winshares ...discounting his second bannana status and how that helped him succeed. from the equation.

Again Pau is fantastic as a #2 ...
as a #1 you get 0-12 ...

ambchang
04-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Nope that is fact. You use winshares to say things such as: Pau led the Lakers in winshares ...discounting his second bannana status and how that helped him succeed. from the equation.

Again Pau is fantastic as a #2 ...
as a #1 you get 0-12 ...

How is Pau a #2 a fact?
as a #1, Kobe get you to miss a playoff and getting kicked out of the 1st round twice.

Brunodf
04-19-2013, 02:11 PM
How is Pau a #2 a fact?
as a #1, Kobe get you to miss a playoff and getting kicked out of the 1st round twice.
:cryPoor Kobe, WS shows the true leader from every team in the last 20 years but Kobe, so obviously there is something wrong with WS stats.:cry

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 02:37 PM
How is Pau a #2 a fact?

Won't discuss ... achilles ...But I agree those did happen he lost so he takes that blame those years but again HE LED his team to win AT LEAST ONE GAME ...and he gets credit for the titles as well (especially last 3) that is how we got to:

Achilles: 5
Duncan: 4

Again Im fair I want to hang the losses and the wins on the best player PRIMARILY ... With a best supporting actor to the #2 and the role players.

As for Bruno I dont like any stats tbh ... PER, WINSHARES, PPG, scoring titles all crap ... tbh. I like winning and winners not winshares, sue me. Also hate awards ALL NBA is probably the least corrupted of them all FINALS MVP is OK usually as well.

Find a post where I mention Kobe's scoring titles etc. Means nothing.

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Part of Spurs nation's outrage was because Pau was going to be a #2 he was a good #1 (not elite) but as a #2 he was deadly.

ambchang
04-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Won't discuss ... achilles ...But I agree those did happen he lost so he takes that blame those years but again HE LED his team to win AT LEAST ONE GAME ...and he gets credit for the titles as well (especially last 3) that is how we got to:

Achilles: 5
Duncan: 4

Again Im fair I want to hang the losses and the wins on the best player PRIMARILY ... With a best supporting actor to the #2 and the role players.

As for Bruno I dont like any stats tbh ... PER, WINSHARES, PPG, scoring titles all crap ... tbh. I like winning and winners not winshares, sue me. Also hate awards ALL NBA is probably the least corrupted of them all FINALS MVP is OK usually as well.

Find a post where I mention Kobe's scoring titles etc. Means nothing.

Which is the reason I don't get why you would rank Kobe over Duncan by stating 5>4, but totally ignoring the three seasons if absolute failure. Where's the blame in that?