PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: jestersmash/DeadlyDynasty Lakers vs Spurs Round 1 $500 bet thread

jestersmash
04-18-2013, 12:25 AM
So I'm sure DD has a number of bets with various people on this site, so I suppose we could use this thread as a hub once the winners/losers of those bets are determined.

DD and I specifically have a $500 bet on the straight up winner for Lakers/Spurs. If Lakers win (in 4, 5, 6, or 7), I paypal him $500. If the Spurs win (in 4, 5, 6, or 7), he paypals me $500.

May the best team win :toast

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2013, 12:31 AM
So I'm sure DD has a number of bets with various people on this site, so I suppose we could use this thread as a hub once the winners/losers of those bets are determined.

DD and I specifically have a $500 bet on the straight up winner for Lakers/Spurs. If Lakers win (in 4, 5, 6, or 7), I paypal him $500. If the Spurs win (in 4, 5, 6, or 7), he paypals me $500.

May the best team win :toast

Spend your $500 wisely. I'll be down $780 after this series

jestersmash
04-18-2013, 12:56 AM
After 8, I tend to expect the worst.

No Diaw and an out-of-rhythm, injury-prone Manu for the first round makes it so the Lakers have respectable, non-trivial chance, even without Kobe tbh. I mean I'd still put our chances of winning comfortably at 80-85%, but I wouldn't take this series for granted. You still have a puncher's chance.

Thread
04-18-2013, 01:03 AM
No Diaw and an out-of-rhythm, injury-prone Manu for the first round makes it so the Lakers have respectable, non-trivial chance, even without Kobe tbh. I mean I'd still put our chances of winning comfortably at 80-85%, but I wouldn't take this series for granted. You still have a puncher's chance.

jestersmash

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't make a bet on either of these teams in good conscious; fan or not.

jestersmash
04-18-2013, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't make a bet on either of these teams in good conscious; fan or not.

We made the bet like 3 months ago when the Lakers were in the 10th or 11th seed looking in. The rationale was, if the Lakers managed to snag a playoff spot, they'd necessarily have to be playing .600+ ball and therefore they should be competitive in a series against the Spurs. It makes sense. The Kobe injury kind of throws a wrench into it all, though.

Surprisingly, lakersground is pretty confident that Lakers will win comfortably in 5 or 6.

Monster1776
04-18-2013, 01:29 AM
We made the bet like 3 months ago when the Lakers were in the 10th or 11th seed looking in. The rationale was, if the Lakers managed to snag a playoff spot, they'd necessarily have to be playing .600+ ball and therefore they should be competitive in a series against the Spurs. It makes sense. The Kobe injury kind of throws a wrench into it all, though.

Surprisingly, lakersground is pretty confident that Lakers will win comfortably in 5 or 6.

Not sure what you're trying to imply. What I meant by my post was that I feel like this series will come down to the wire even if some people feel differently one way or the other.

Baron Davιs
04-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Would be ez money for Spurfan if KB was playing... Now it's a toss up.

FkLA
04-18-2013, 01:43 AM
You calling our bet off DD ?

I actually feel a little more uneasy about this series with MVPau having taken the reins. Still think the Spurs pull it off but will be tough tbh.

jestersmash
04-18-2013, 01:45 AM
You calling our bet off DD ?

I actually feel a little more uneasy about this series with MVPau having taken the reins. Still think the Spurs pull it off but will be tough tbh.

What were the terms of your bet?

FkLA
04-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Three fiddy on Lakers-Spurs. Through Kori or timvpimp though, whom I PMed a couple days ago but have not gotten a response yet.

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Three fiddy on Lakers-Spurs. Through Kori or timvpimp though, whom I PMed a couple days ago but have not gotten a response yet.

Exactly...they never got back to you so I'm calling off the bet in lieu of recent events this past week. I would've accepted the bet in good faith a couple weeks ago, but your credit score prevented it. See, my nigga? You're welching of DPG came back to haunt you on this one scro

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Spend your $500 wisely. I'll be down $780 after this series

just claim hardship and don't pay....I didn't pay DPG because he wouldn't accept food stamps :lol

FkLA
04-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Exactly...they never got back to you so I'm calling off the bet in lieu of recent events this past week. I would've accepted the bet in good faith a couple weeks ago, but your credit score prevented it. See, my nigga? You're welching of DPG came back to haunt you on this one scro

I thought we were waiting to make sure the Lakers-Spurs match up actually happened. But I guess because of that it was never really official, so its cool tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
I thought we were waiting to make sure the Lakers-Spurs match up actually happened. But I guess because of that it was never really official, so its cool tbh.

:tuMaybe next year, broseph. Btw, if you still have the $350, why not just be a swell scro and send a ben DPG's way? We're all scumbags on this site, but a man must have a code, amirite?

hater
04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
with real money involved, I agree, this is a tossup. Injuries just bring in the unknown factor.

jag
04-18-2013, 05:58 PM
:tuMaybe next year, broseph. Btw, if you still have the $350, why not just be a swell scro and send a ben DPG's way? We're all scumbags on this site, but a man must have a code, amirite?

And just like that, FkLA is nowhere to be found. Disappeared...like a fart in the wind.

FkLA
04-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey why dont you suck my dick, _jAg ?

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey why dont you suck my dick, _jAg ?

I wouldn't pay you ho's shit....that's just how a nigga rolls